• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Very Best - Pokemon Academy

Ww're not gonna win this, Casys realized. So let's end this on our terms. "Use Double Team, surround yourself with Hex, charge up Ice Shard, and CHARGE AT FLASH!" He shouted the last few words. Either this would faint Flash, or it would fully expend Shiver's energy and she would faint.

"I see, lets end it big" Zander said under his breath. "Flash use Hidden Power then use Psychic to hold all the energy together!" Flash let several green orbs appear then they were outlined in purple light as he pushed all the energy into one large ball. Zander and Flash both threw there hands forward. "Now Flash throw it!" both attacks collided, the huge explosion of power pushed Zander back were he stood.

Casys was blown back by the huge collision of power and the following explosion. "SHIVER!" Casys screamed. When the dust settled, Casys saw that a) there was no damage to campus, and b) Shiver was fainted and Flash was barely standing. "Shiver," Casys whispered. He rushed forward and picked her up, cradling her in his arms. Walking over to Zander, he put out a hand. "Good battle."

Last edited:
Flash's knees shook as he stood. "C'mon buddy" Zander said supporting Flash. He shook Casys's hand. "Honestly for a new pokemon, Shiver did so well. You both started a little out of sync but slowly fixed it as the battle went on. The problem is the severe level gap, and even with that you still did well"

"Great, ill show you a good training spot later" Zander had Flash return than headed to dinner. "Hm....even with the level gap that fight was to hard, I think its time to make some changes" he said to himself while eating.

Roll had just arrive on the island when he heard it was dinner time he quickly pulled out his pokeball and let out Torchic "come on let's go" he said "torch" said Torchic as they hurried to dinner.

"Thanks, Nurse Joy!" Casys said as he left the Pokemon Center. His stomach rumbled as he raced to the cafeteria, delicious smells wafting out into the corridor. He got a plate (Tauros steak and mashed potatoes, yum!) and sat down, releasing Glace and Shiver. He set bowls of Pokemon food in front of them and they happily began eating. "Eat up you two," Casys said. "'Cause we're going to be doing some serious training tomorrow." Casys chewed his food thoughtfully as he wrote strategies in one of his spare notebooks. Shiver leveled up a few levels during that battle with Zander, Casys wrote. Shiver can no longer use Powder Snow, it having been replaced with a move called Icy Wind. Must research this move further.

Casys was petting Glace on his small back and Shiver was eating one of the Rowap berries Casys bought when she was hit by a barrage of razor-sharp leaves. "Shiver!" Casys gasped. He turned his head to see a small, pink and green Pokemon. Pulling out his Pokedex, Casys scanned the Pokemon that was running toward Shiver's dropped berry. Fomatis, the Sickle Grass Pokemon. During the day, Fomantis sleep and soak up energy, and at night they search for food and a safe place to sleep the next day. "Fomantis, huh?" Casys muttered. "Shiver, use Icy Wind on Fomantis!" Shiver responded by sending a torrent of frigid, icy air at the Grass-Type. The Fomantis was blown back, covered in ice. It hit the wall and the ice broke off, letting it jump onto the window sill and escape. Before it did, however, Casys noticed small tears in it's eyes. Oh, man, Casys thought, Now I feel bad. "Shiver, return." Casys said as he returned her to her Poke Ball. Shouldering his backpack and putting Glace on his shoulder, Casys ran out of the cafeteria, intent on finding the Fomantis.

Roll start to run while torchic trying to catch up buts gets tired "torch" said torchic "torchic you ok" said roll as he pick torchic up and continue to run as he passed Casys

(OOC Tauros steak, THATS SO MESSED UP! XD BIC)
Zander finished his meal quickly and as he was leaving saw the pokemon attack. "Hey Casys you got this!?! he shouted as Casys ran.

Kat hadn't arrived to dinner. After what felt like a mile, she had shut the Honey, then kept running. When she was sure the Hydreigon was off her trail, the looked around, only to find that she was lost. She decided to keep walking. They were on an island, so she'd find something eventually, right? Kat nodded, and started walking. She stopped in a small patch of grass unobscured by trees. It was turning dark fast and she could see the moon. She had started to silently prayed to Tapu Koko that she'd find the school, when a wild Fomantis brust through the trees. It looked as though it had been crying. They stared at each other, and for a split second Kat thought of catching it, but she remembered that she lacked Pokeballs.
"Hey there..." She said in a calming voice, "Are you okay? She slowly approached the Pokemon, slipping an Oran Berry out of her bag to give to it to the Pokemon. Eventually they were next to each other, and the Pokemon accepted the berry, nibbling at it, as Kat sat down in front of it.

(OOC We all know that they have to eat something, and that something is probably Pokemon lol BIC)

"I'm good, Zander," Casys called back. "Thanks, though!" He wanted to catch the Fomantis, and he felt that it should just be him and his team when it happened. Passing another boy and his Torchic in the hall, Casys made his way outside. A sweet smell hung in the air, and something told him that it was coming from the Fomantis. He followed his nose, the aroma growing stronger as he continued into the dimly lit forest. Eventually, he came upon a clearing, not unlike the one the Staraptor had attacked him and his team in. He found a whole group of Fomantis, as well as two Lurantis. He couldn't pick out his Fomantis, however, so he left to continue his search.

"Hey there...are you okay?" Casys heard a girl's voice about twenty feet away. He tilted his head to the side and saw a small clearing. In it was a girl, as well as... The Fomantis from the cafeteria! He stepped into the clearing, about to say something, when one of the Lurantis from the other clearing dashed out at the girl and Fomantis, a Solar Blade covering one of it's arms.

Flame followed the girl to make sure things didn't go south. He ran with Pikachu and Chikorita behind him. He eventually found her with a Formantis, and there was no sign of Hydreigon. He sighed in relief. He was about to leave until he saw a Lurantis charging right at her with Solar Blade. "Hey look out!!" he yelled out at her.

Zander didn't feel like bothering with anything else tonight. "Okay, guess I should get to the Center" as he walked in the doors the nurse spoke. "Hello Zander, your Kadabra is fully healed. That must have been one battle" she said with a smile. "Yeah it really was." Zander said while releasing Flash, along with the rest of his pokemon. "Thanks!" he yelled before heading outside. "Alright guys, chow time, he tossed each pokemon 2 berries each. They all begin to eat while slowly walking back to Zanders dorm.

Zander was walking with his eyes closed like usual but stopped in front of Roll opening them. "Oh hey, I dont recognize you, im Zander" he said with a hand out.

"Glace, Bug Bite!" The Joltik launched from Casys' shoulder and intercepted the Solar Blade with the Bug-Type attack. "String Shot!" The Lurantis was wrapped in Joltik's string, which it cut with ease. Casys sent out Shiver to help Glace. "Glace, use Bug Bite! Shiver, use Icy Wind!"

Flame watched as a Joltik and Snorunt attack the Formantis. He wasn't sure if he should interfere or not, seeing as they appear to have it under control.

Upon seeing the Lorantis and the two boys, Kat cried out in suprised. She closed her eyes, expecting to feel Solar Blade hit her, but it never did. She instead saw two Pokemon (she guessed they belonged to the one who hadnt yelled, since his were still standing next to him) attacking the Lurantis, and Formantis tugging on her arm, trying to pull her away but being to tiny to do much. Kat got up quickly. She picked up the up the Formantis and carried it away from the battle, but still inside the clearing.

Flame figured he might as well go for it. There was no way of telling if this battle would turn around to the Lurantis' favor. "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Pikachu then launched a thunderbolt directly at Lurantis.

(OOC I did something similar to what Ash does in the XY anime: combining the moves of his different Pokemon to make a new move. Also, Kat, I was setting up to catch the Fomantis btw BIC)

The Lurantis was sent back, but it clearly wasn't done yet. It fired a Razor Leaf, but Casys commanded Glace to use String Shot to intercept the leaves. The maneuver worked, and Casys shouted, "Shiver, use Ice Shard!" The Lurantis blocked it with Solar Blade, but Glace jumped in with Bug Bite. It hit the Lurantis full on, knocking it back and earning Glace praise from his trainer. A Thunderbolt hit the Lurantis directly in the chest and Casys glanced over to see another trainer and his Pikachu. Now for our special move. "Electrice-Web!" Casys shouted. Glace charged up an Electro-Web attack and launched it at the Lurantis, while Shiver propelled the Web forward at a higher velocity while partially freezing it. The attack hit the Lurantis square in it's chest, and it was frozen solid from the effects.

"Alright, we gotta go to one of the indoor arenas since its so late, follow me" He then headed to the arena taking one side of the field. "What pokemon will you be using?" he asked with a grin.

*I could probably handle him pretty easily with Leo, but ive been taking the easy way out to much. Time to challenge myself* "Okay, ill use Terra!" Zander yelled as he released his Turtwig. "You can have first move"

"Dodge and use Curse!" Terra was surrounded by energy for a moment. "Twig!" it yelled as it got pumped. *That should up its attack and defense* "Now use razor leaf!"

((OOC: I know, I'm trying to set up you catching it too. But things went bonkers xd BIC))
The Fomantis leapt out of Kats arms and ran to the Lorantis. It yelled at the Lorantis a bit, almost scolding it. The Lorantis seemed to calm but couldn't move.
"Is it calm?" Kat asked the Fomantis. It nodded, and she walked over and used an Ice Heal on it. It glared at them all before retreating into the forest.
Fromantis looked up at Kat, as though expecting her to catch it.
"Nah." She shook her head. She then crouched down, "I'll tell you what. Why don't you go ask that trainer over there," She pointed to Casus, "To catch you?" The Fomantis thought foe a second, before nodding and walking over to the trainer.

((OOC: I tried.))

Flame watched as Formantis scolded Lurantis. He laughed a bit before he said, "It's not everyday a small Pokemon scolds a big Pokemon." He turned to Casys and said, "Hey, those were some good battling skills there."

"Thanks, man," Casys replied, returning Glace and Shiver to their Poke Balls. After feeling something tug at his pantleg, Casys glanced down and saw the Fomantis. "Hey there," Casys said as he crouched down. He looked the Fomantis in it's large eyes and apologized for his actions in the cafeteria, saying, "I'm sorry about having Shiver attack you, Fomantis, but you attacked her first." The Grass-Type nodded in apology. "I'll tell you what," Casys said, reaching into the side pocket of his backpack. "I'll forgive you if you forgive me." In Casys' hand was the Rowap berry from before. The Fomantis cried out in glee and accepted the berry, happily nibbling it. "Will you join me, Fomantis?" Casys asked the Pokemon. It looked up into Casys' eyes and nodded. He reached into his pocket and retrieved a Poke Ball. He held out the Poke Ball and Fomantis held out on of her scythes, touching the Ball.
CLICK!