• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Unforgiving Ocean

Akiko flinched a little when she heard the Snivy yelp, she turned around to see the Snivy get zapped into the Submarine ball. She released the Snivy, "Sorry about that." They soon entered the bubble-like atmosphere of the air dome, docking it outside of the dome. She slowly began to put on the extremely bulky deep-sea suit, she then put the rest of the pokemon into the remaining submarine balls then steped out of the vehicle.

Jake swam held on to the back. He saw the house. "is this the place, I've been meaning to show you something!" He asked, feeling a bit tired. "People look weird in this suits, im glad I don't wear them."

This place looked rather interesting. She had never went swimming before, as it the water would all be absorbed by her tail, and grass-types aren't very good swimmers.

"Yup!" Her voice was a little bit static through the radio communication of the suit. Serenity and the Lanturn followed. Akiko pressed the Intercom.
"Who's there?" A voice of a young adult echoed through the intercom.
"Hey Big Brother it's me! Akiko!" Suddenly an AI could be heard from the house.
"Warning: Air lock opening, please quickly close the door ASAP."
Akiko quickly urged Jake, Serenity and the Lanturn in before she got in herself.
"Airlock closing..." Instantly the remaining water was drained out.

"Dry." He became dry instantly. "Maybe being the person I am, isn't really bad." He pulled out a matching. "You have to see this." He pressed a few buttons. "Hey! Mom! I'm under water."

"What!"

"Love you too." He hung up.

Akiko slightly chuckled at the call, then a young adult, who seemed to be around 18 years old emerged from the house. "Nice to see you again Akiko." He was quite dull about it. Akiko ran up to him and gave him a hug.
"Don't be so blunt about it..." She pouted teasingly as she released the pokemon from the Submarine balls.
"So.. Is that Lanturn yours?" She eyed the Lanturn as it splashed around in the fountain.
"Yup.. Only found him recently while I was hunting, it just followed me around... I have no idea why." The teenager slightly chuckled and the noticed Jake. "Ah.. My apologies, nice to meet you, my name is Tohaku Mori." He shook Jake's hand.

"Hi, I'm Jake, you seem nice. if you need something a human cant do, call me, somehow, I'm not human." He laughed. "Thats why I don't like those suits. I have to meditate, any questions." He mocked a teacher.

Tohaku raised his hands signaling that he surrendered. "No questions anyways... Why did you come?" He raised an eyebrow at Akiko.
"Because you can never visit me." Akiko pouted.
"You know I'm busy everyday making a living."
"Can't you just visit for once?"
"Gotta tend to the garden."
Akiko sighed, rolling her eyes. "Ok, then.. Mind if I go check out your house?"
Tohaku shook his head, "Go right ahead." Electrix bounced after Akiko as she walked into the house.

He let out gardevoir. They both sat down.

They all got attacked. What was I supposed to do?

"Hey, do you have some kind of power cell."

"No! One is in my lab."

He was having conversations with himself.

Akiko gawked at the inside of the house, it was dressed with beautiful furniture and expensive decorations...
"Where... Did you get the money for this..?" She asked, and her brother replied.
"There's one place.. A canyon.. At the bottom it is a cave filled with beautiful pearls.. But it's heavily guarded by a Greninja.. I was barely able to escape it's wrath.." He revealed a scar on his leg, then covered it.
"So... How's life on the surface?"
"Boring but safer and less scary." Akiko replied, Electrix crawled into a tea-cup, curling up in it while Serenity admired the beautiful garden.

" Hey? Money, greninja! I'm up for it, where is it?" He almost jumped. "I can finnaly eat something other than beans. Ill pay for anything afterwards. I bring some back. If you didn't take it all."

Tohaku turned towards Jake. "I must warn you, this Greninja is very smart, agile and stealthy. Keep your eyes peeled.. And just in case.." He dug into a box, then handed Akiko a spear.
"Well it was nice seeing you brother... Wish me luck!" She hugged her brother again then put on the bulky suit as quickly as she can, put her pokemon back in their Submarine Balls and made her way towards the exit.

Akiko sighed. "Jake, you can't stop me from coming with you." Electrix leaped onto Akiko's shoulder, nodding in agreement. "We're in this together, alright? Plus, it takes forever to get in and out of this suit." She placed her helmet on. She started opening the valve of the airlock.
"Warning: Air lock is opening, please close ASAP." Akiko slowly walked out, quickly closing the door.
"Air lock closed, draining remaining water..." Akiko gently climbed onto the ship, Serenity floating in the water, waiting. Once she got into the vehicle, she took off the bulky suit and released the pokemon from the submarine balls. Electrix clung to Umbreon once again, burying itself into Umbreon's fluffy fur.

He gave him one of the machines. "Talk with your sis, all the time, bassicly a phone, press three." He ran and got in the vehicle. "I was going to give you a machine to talk to your brother." He said. He left, and sped. "Later!"

Tohaku thanked Jake as he went to tend his garden. Akiko sat on the driver's seat.
"Auto-pilot or Manual?" The AI asked, Akiko pressed auto-pilot.
"Destination?" Akiko searched for the canyon on a map, eventually she found it. Then pressed the canyon.
"Warning: High level of danger detected. Dangers: Sharpedos, Tentacruels, Greninja, and a series of underwater volcanos, are you sure you want to continue?" Akiko pressed yes, and the vehicle speeded forward, Electrix was slightly jolted forward by the sudden movement but settled again Umbreon's fur. Serenity followed close behind.

The Greninja soon hid in the darkness, watching. Elextrix jumped to the window, trying to see the Greninja Akiko sped forward, deep into the depths of the canyon. Serenity never let her guard down as they descended, watching for the Greninja

((Akiko's in vehicle right now, Sparky's trying to make himself rich by finding the pearl-filled cave, Akiko's helping, most of the pokemon are in the vehicle with Akiko, Serenity is swimming beside it))

Last edited by a moderator:
(Sparky? XD)

He shot the grninga with leaves. "Substitute for magical leaf?" He kept doing it. "Fine, raichu, rods." He got the rods then paralized the greninja. " get as much as you can, I'll keep him busy."

Riding in this vehicle was beginning to get boring for Felix... She sat down and lolled her head. Once again she climbed up Akiko's back. She took of her pink ribbons and began tying them in Akiko's hair out of sheer boredom.

Akiko flinched as a shadow quickly swam across her vision, she looked around trying to see if it was still there... "Whatever it was... It's gone now.." Finally, they made it to the bottom of the canyon. She began to put on the bulky deep-sea suit, then she turned to the other pokemon. "Do you wanna come?" Electrix squealed with delight as she agreed, leaping into a Submarine ball.

Akiko stepped out of the vehicle, the heavy suit dragged her to the sandy ground, nearly tipping her over. She slowly walked towards the cave, she could just barely see the glistening pearls.

Akiko cautiously observed her surroundings as she walked into the cave, a pile of glimmering pearls were just sitting there, waiting to be taken. "Wait... It can't be this easy-" She was suddenly kicked in the helmet by the Greninja, Akiko yelped in surprise and Serenity instantly dove into action, using twister to slam the Greninja into the wall.

Felix screeched inside Akiko's helmet and clung to her hair. This was certainly not an expected occurrence. Not to mention that Greninja's foot had almost just hit the spot where the Snivy was, sitting next to Akiko's head.

The Greninja easily recovered from Serenity's twister, it stood in front of the pile of pearls, guarding them. It starting forming a large water shuriken.. Akiko tried to leap away, but due to gravity and the heavy suit it was like slow motion.. The Greninja released the water shuriken straight towards her, she held the spear in front of her, shutting her eyes.. When she opened them, she realized she was still alive..
She had parried the shuriken.. She then held the spear pointing at the Greninja.
"Come at me you oversized frog!"

Akiko was about to hurl the spear at it but then stopped... It's just a pokemon... Like every creature here... Don't kill it... Akiko pointed the spear towards the ground and quickly took a hand-full of pearls, stuffing them into her backpack, then took another hand-full. "Sorry.." She whispered to the Greninja, hoping it would understand her.

"Get out." He pulled it down, but it hit him witch water shuriken. "That still hurt!" He started to twitch. "That was too fast." I need to get out, or I will kill it, dang side effects!"

Akiko shouted to Serenity. "Serenity! Use Attract to distract it!" Serenity began to show off her majestic tail, the Greninja soon became infatuated, Electrix watched the fight with glee.

Jake took a few breaths. "Akiko, I need you tonget this greninja away before I..." His head hurt. "Crap I don't want to. I could hurt everyone, that isn't good."

Akiko nodded, understanding. She crawled back into the vehicle, taking off the suit and releasing Electrix from the Submarine Balls. Serenity followed the vehicle to the surface.. And the love-sick Greninja followed Serenity.

Jake hit and smashed a rock. "Not now!" His body was in pain. He collapsed, being the only option besides hurting someone. He moved around in his sleep.

Finally the vehicle leaped out of the water, then smashed back into it, floating on the surface.
Akiko opened the hatch, letting the wind blow her round her.
"Sweet release!" She sighed in relief, finally free from the depths of the ocean.

Jake woke up. He swam up. "Gosh I hate when that happens. Akiko?" He couldn't find her. He pulled out the machine and called her. "Akiko, I can't find you."

Akiko picked up the communication device and replied. "I'm up on the surface, directly above the canyon.."
Attract's affect hasn't disappeared yet.. the Greninja was still staring at Serenity like a idiot.. So she slapped him with her tail, which seemed to have no affect at all. Electrix fell to the floor of the vehicle, laughing her heart out.

"I can't see you maybe i-" it cut St static as somebody pulled him underwater. A shiner. He tried to say something. He could only mumble as he was now being taken by multiple people.