• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Unforgiving Ocean

Akiko finally arrived at her seaside cottage, she slumped onto the bed, tired. She'd have to sleep early.. She was gonna visit her big brother tomorrow.. Akiko's brother was a shiner, making a living off selling rare fish and pearls like most shiners. He was usually too busy to come and visit her... So this time she'd try to visit him.. She counted her poke-coins, checking if she had enough to rent a HLMS (Hoenn Lab of Marine Science) ((Best acronym I could think of))Vehicle, then she'd had to rent one of those bulky deep-ocean suits, she put on her pajamas and slipped under the covers, her Milotic slept in a tide pool, while her Joltik, Electrix slept beside her, she let the Umbreon and Snivy sleep on it as well, then she fell into deep sleep.

The next day, while Jake meditated all night, a Pokemon pecked him.it had a boclx. "Thank you!" He put Riolu in and it left. "Maybe I should go see a shiner." He looked at his Pokemon and hugged them. "A year without you almost killed me. Especially meditating." He let out his Pokemon. "Charizard, raichu, gardevoir, empoleon, umbreon and bayleef." He returned them. He jump in the water and looked for a town. "Its funny seeing All these people in suits. I don't need one. Man I hate my dad."

Finally, daylight seeped through the curtains.. She yawned.. She nudged the pokemon on her bed awake.
"I have to go visit my brother in the ocean... Do you want to come? You can stay here if you like." She rubbed her eyes, Electrix agreed with enthusiasm, bouncing all over the room, excited for the journey ahead, Serenity was outside in her tide pool, bathing in the daylight of the rising sun.

She woke up in the middle of the night. Should she leave?.. That was a hard decision. On one hand, that one Pokemon wouldn't leave her alone as long as she was here. On the other hand, this trainer actually cared about her... "I think I'll stay..." She slowly fell back to sleep.

Jake soon found a town, riding on empoleon. "Now we need a way in." He looked around. " can we hurry, the water is starting to hurt. He acted like he was dieing.

"Alright guys... I'll be right back.. I need to pay to rent a vehicle and a deep-diving suit." She left the house, Electrix cheerfully played with the Umbreon and Snivy, bouncing around, scurried up to a corner in the ceiling, she had weaved her own electro-web there and began to expand it.

Someone took it seriously and tried to get him in. They asked him how he was down here without a suit. "I don't know? Witchcraft?" He played.

Akiko paid for the rent of both the suit and vehicle, she skipped back to the house, then walked to Serenity's tide-pool, she shook her, waking her up. "Ready Serenity?" The Milotic nodded, then she walked into the house, she stood at the entrance of the room. "Ready to go-" She realized that Electrix had covered the entire ceiling in electro web.. She sighed.. "Don't you know that someone could get hurt if they touch that?" Electrix ignored the question and leaped to her trainer, giving her a hug.

"He heard people talking about other people. He felt like he didn't belong. "So I need a suit. I was just fine. " he sat on something he guessed was bench.

The Snivy saw the door open, and happily watched the Joltik go away. She grumpily followed, keeping a close eye on the spider. Every time it looked at her, she would hiss a bit at it.

Finally, the pokemon and trainer finally arrived at the dock. "Serenity, you can swim beside us.. everyone else, jump in." The hatch of the vehicle opened, she carefully climbed into the drivers seat, the AI spoke.
"Auto Pilot or Manual?" Akiko pressed the Auto Pilot.
"Destination?" Akiko typed the address, once all the pokemon were inside, the vehicle sunk underwater then drove forward, Serenity swimming beside it.
((Oh, ok, sorry, misunderstanding xD))

As they descended deeper, more water pokemon began to appear. Electrix pressed her face against the glass with excitement.. There was a school of Remoraids, a Huntail, Gorbyss, Magikarp.. Tons of pokemon of many kinds.. "Whoa..." Akiko gazed at the sight.. Until something came into view that caught her eye.
"Careful... There's a Sharpedo.." The Sharpedo was chasing the school of Remoraids, it eventually caught one, wolfing it down.
Serenity didn't seem to mind, but she kept a close eye on the pokemon, making sure none of them harm her trainer.

"Man this is boring." He looked around. "Shiners are just the same. Just a differal lifestyle." He yawned. "You would think with all i know I would be exited."

As they drove, they passed by an abandoned oil rig.. It was battered and filled with barnacles and rust..
"It was probably wiped away by the flood.." Serenity let out a territorial roar, telling other pokemon to back off.. But instead of silence.. She got a loud, ear-piercing roar of challenge. And from a opening in the oil rig emerged....
A large, red Gyrados.

Just for added protection, Felix ran up Akiko's back and sat on her backpack. She was getting used to this... It was weird, really, hanging around a trainer, but not being caught in a Pokeball by it. She guessed she was just a people's Pokemon

He found the exit and left. "Its nice to be in the water again." As he was swimming, he noticed the girl. "Hi!" He waved. He looked at the gyrados. "Can I help you with it?" He said happily.

Serenity wore an angered expression, sending another loud roar for the Gyrados to back off, it refused and began charging towards them.. Electrix squealed in terror, burying her face into her trainers, sweater.
"Warning: Detecting signs of aggression." The AI spoke.
"Yea, no kidding." Akiko rolled her eyes, Gee, thanks for the late warning, She thought.

"Gardevoir, psychic!" He said. Gardevoir was on empoleon and it moved the gyrados. "You might wanna go." He said, hoping they heard him. "Empoleon, drill Peck!" The empoleon spun and attacked.

The sudden act of hostility scared Felix. She removed her pink bows, left them in Akiko's lap, and jumped down. She didn't know much about battling, but she did know that grass was strong against water-types. She braced and thought of how she would attack it...

In the pressure of the water.. It's hard to hear anything at all.
Serenity used Aqua Ring, a ring of currents surrounded her, then she charged with Twister.
The Gyrados attacked with hyper beam, slightly burning Serenity and the vehicle.. The scent of burnt meat filled the water.. And a trio of Sharpedos began circling them as they battled.

Jake tapped on the glass. "Akiko? You should get out. I'm about to do something that affect all that's near." He said. He grinned and let out raichu while returning gardevoir.

There's no way to attack them from inside!.. Or was there? They were in an ocean that was once the land, so there was obviously some trees on the bottom... She had an idea. Slowly charging up the attack, she let it out all at once, the strongest frenzy plant she had ever used. With one swift movement of her arms upwards, a mass of trees came out in a ring from under them, hitting the fishes

"But be careful.. That might kill all the pokemon in the area.."
She set the vehicle to Manual and signaled Serenity to follow.
She had been attacking the Sharpdeos for sometime then followed her trainer into a deep underwater cave.
Electrix clapped with her little claws at Snivy's attack, giving her a slight smile.

Umbreon, was watching the Chaos unfold. He was curled up around Akikos feet trembling nervously. He whimpered as the loud explosions echoed inside the sub.

"Okay!" He attached rods to his hands. The pikachu held the rods and used a EMP of sorts. It was short, but they swam away. He followed next to them. "They are gone! Talking underwater is weird."

Akiko gently stroked Umbreon.. "Everything's going to be okay... I hope."
All of this.. Just to visit brother... He owes me two visits now.
Electrix clung to Umbreon's fur as they descended into the cave safely.. Serenity floated, observing the cave structure.

The Dark type felt the warm little bug type nestle into his black fur, and it stuck up in every direction because of the static. The Umbreon squeaked in laughter as the Joltik tickled his back.

Electrix bounced around Umbreon's fluffy fur playfully, squealing with delight.
They kept on bumping into the rock walls.. "Man... I'm a bad driver." Akiko remarked.
Akiko spotted a blue light heading towards them, a Lanturn with a blue light emerged.
"Lanturn!" The pokemon shouted, trying to signal them to follow it.

Serenity understood the Lanturn and followed it. "..I think it wants us to follow it?" She drove after the Lanturn and Milotic.
Electrix giggled and batted Umbreon's nose gently, acting like a kitten.
((Gotta go for dinner, cya!))

Felix was so exhausted, she could have fallen asleep right there on the spot. But, instead, she crawled into Akiko's back pack. (Once again, I was at the vet, sorry)

After following the Lanturn for sometime, something became visible in the distance... An underwater house, alone on the seafloor. "Look!" Akiko pointed. "There's by brother's house..." A farm rich with vegetables under an air dome could be seen along with a fountain. The Joltik scurried from Umbreon's grip to get a good view of the house, pressing her face against the glass.
"Arriving at destination." The AI spoke.
((It's really ok ^-^))

She kept rummaging through Akiko's pack until she came to a bluish sphere. She felt around it until she hit a button on it. It opened and pulled her inside as she let out a yelp.