• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The True Prophesy of Dragonets

"Well, that's a good idea." Slashfin said, smiling. After all, it seems that he would be able to continue his journey with all his friends. But when he turned to Dewdrop, he noticed that she was gone. "She is truly fast..." The Seawing murmured as he started to wander from one side to another, trying to remember where the river was.

After cutting open and shoveling out all the fruit in the mango's and coconut's, Dewdrop carried all the shells and flew to the river nearby. Then she filled up the fruits with water and squashed the top of the fruit onto it, so it was like a capsule of water. She did this until all the fruits were full, and then she flew back to the group, holding out the water-filled fruits.

Slashfin saw his friend arriving. "Oh, there you are." He said, approaching her, and taking some of the improved canteens. "You could have waited." He said, before opening one of the fruits in order to make sure that they were filled with water. The Seawing took a small sip. "Mmm... It has a little sweet aftertaste. I like it. Thanks, Dewdrop."

"Yeah, we have everything." Kaze replied. "C'mon, let's go!" With that, he and Sandstorm soared up into the air.

There was always something thrilling about sailing on the wind to Kaze. Sure, Skywings were supposedly the best fliers, but he felt he could do just as good. As he soared higher, Kaze suddenly closed his wings and entered freefall.

Sandstorm sighed as he watched his son plummet toward the ground, only to open his wings at the last moment and swoop over the treetops before impact. "Such a tenacious young dragon..." he muttered as he watched Kaze show off a little more.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Mirage flew after them and roared with joy. He eventually caught up to the SandWings. "I am told that the Kingdom is hot, correct? I like sunny days but I don't like hot days all the time." He admitted. Mirage was more accustomed to flights that had a breeze going in clear skies.

Slashfin started to fly too after them. He was so happy to finally start an adventure around the world that he couldn't believe it. after some time, he finally reached the other dragons. "Yup, I am sure that is hot. Or at least that was what my father used to say." He said, trying to answer Mirage's question. Then, he sighed. "But, of course, I don't know it." He said, regretting the fact that he didn't have a good basic knowledge of Phyrria. "I wish I had received a better education..." He murmured to himself.

Dewdrop flew up, not far behind her friends.

"Well it usually is hot, but some Dragons can withstand the heat." Dewdrop said matter-of-factly.

Dewdrop may have lived in a lazy Rainwing kingdom, but she always traveled out further than she was supposed to, picking up abandoned scrolls, soggy or burned, hot or cold, old or new. She acted all happy and go-getty, but she really did like to learn. And she wasn't afraid to show it either.

"As a Rainwing, I'd be able to withstand the heat." she said, as she continued to fly with her friends.

"Oh, it's mercilessly hot, especially during the day." Sandstorm said, "And at night, it's unbearably freezing. And yet, somehow, it flourishes as an ecosystem. From it's plants to it's wildlife, it can be quite serene and fascinating. Just watch out for the Dune Swallowers, and you'll learn to like it."

SaiyanDakon

"Well...you three are lucky; You're typically around this type of weather while Slashfin and I aren't. We might be able to if we stay long enough." Mirage said, out of the blue and smiling a little. He actually liked the hot sun against his scales but he never nor didn't want to say it out loud. If father wasn't insane or rude...we would be flying around this continent..He thought.

"Well, I will be fine as long as I have at least some water to drink." He said, not being very sure of what he had just said. Then, the Seawing stood some time silent. What would happen if he had to stay back and return if he runs out of water? Probably other Seawings would call him mad if they knew that he was leading that way. He was showing a worried face, though he expected that none of his friends would notice it.

"Northwest, toward the deserts." Sandstorm said, leading the dragonets throughthe skies. "Also, don't worry, Sandstorm, most settlements are near water, most of the oases." he assured the seawing.

As they got closer to the kingdom, the air got dryer and hotter, and the land beneath them began to shift from lush fields to an empty patch of sand and dunes. A few cacti here and there, a small animal occasionally. occasionally a hot gale would blow in, whipping sand into the air beneath the dragons. "Welcome to the Desert Kingdom of the Sandwings, everyone." Kaze called, "Temperature currently: 103 degrees, with a very low humidity. Our oasis will be in sight in about five minutes."

SaiyanDakon

"An Oasis? You live in a oasis? As in Queen Oasis?" Mirage asked multiple times, extremely curious. He wanted to know how the war began, how it ended, and how did Queen Oasis die. He embraced the sunlight like a warm blanket and flipped in the air. "So hot but it feels nice out here with that breeze in my face.." He muttered.

Slashfin stood muttered most of the flight. He was fearful in case he dehydrated. After all, he was still young, and he didn't know if he could even end the travel. Most of the time, once they all entered the desert, he started to slow down, and his flight was... Looking more tired, despondent. He drank some of the coconuts they filled with water before. But it wasn't enough for him. "Oh, I don't mind, but I need one right now!" He finally said, maybe quite rude, but after all the effort he had done, he needed to take a bath and drink some fresh water immediately.

"Yeah, that's her namesake, I guess. Fitting, as she was basically our metaphorical oasis back when she was alive. And said metaphorical oasis dried up when she was killed by a scavenger." Sandstorm explained, letting out a sigh. "We didn't even have time to mourn her properly, as shortly after her death, her kids began fighting over her throne like savage hyenas, resulting in the war."

"Yeah, needless to say, the Sandwings' pride was decimated that day... We're still licking our wounds from the war." Kaze added. He then spotted the Oasis he and his father called home, a cave next to it. "Alright, here we are!" Soaring up and looping over the group, Kaze dove straight down toward the ground, then pulled up and skidded across the sand to the water's edge.

SaiyanDakon

Mirage dove after Kaze and Sandstorm. "Burn, Blister, and Blaze...I would prefer Burn over the other two." He said to Kaze. The SkyWing hovered a bit and landed softly on the ground, then he looked around at the Oasis. Someone of Royalty can live here...its amazing...He thought, bewildered.

Slashfin didn't doubt it. He followed the others and started to head to the water. When he finally reached the oasis, he started to drink. A lot. When he was satisfied, he approached the Sandwings. "Maybe this is a little... Unpolite, but... Can I... Take a bath here? It's too hot for me, and probably this will refresh me."

"Go right ahead." Sandstorm said with a chuckle. "You'd be surprised by how clean this water always is. You see, most Oases grow and shrink with the rain cycle of the desert (that said, they're usually rather small), but this one is also connected to an underground water vein. That said, the vein always pumps fresh water into the oasis, while washing any impurities away."

"Burn? Really? The one who killed the skywing egg and Hvuritar of the Talons of Peace?" Kaze asked, intruiged. "Why her?"

SaiyanDakon

"Father always told me that Burn was allied with the SkyWings...also because she was strong, fearless...good attributes of a Queen, besides her undying satisfaction of stuffing dragons that are dead." Mirage replied, shivering. "I also heard...that she was killed by a Dragonbite Viper....I hate those things..." He growled slightly.

"Thanks." He said to Sandstorm. "That's exactly the thing I need right now." He shouted as he started to run and entered there. "It feels really good." He murmured, satisfied, as he started to swim from one side to the other of the oasis. He was listening to the conversation Mirage and Kaze were having, but he decided not to talk about it. He simply continued swimming around.

SaiyanDakon

"Practically the SandWing Kingdom...though we're at Kaze's oasis." Mirage told Dewdrop.

I've known how she lives and how Kaze lives...then who's next? Slashin? He thought.

Kaze shrugged at the reasoning behind Mirage's choice between the three sisters. Then he turned to Dewdrop. "As Mirage said, yes, this is the oasis that we live at. The cave there is where we can find shade and shelter if we ever need it, rare as it may be, and there's enough food n there to last." He explained, "You see, all living things need water in some way, shape, or form in order to survive. So, you'll find it more abundant the closer you get to one of the natural or dug out oases. Each one houses a single Sandwing village or colony, but the capital has this enormous artificial hydration pool and moisture harvesting system. More on that when we get to the capital, though."

SaiyanDakon

"Then we get to see Queen Thorn's stronghold!" Mirage exclaimed, grinning. He had heard of the new Queen of the SandWings but never had the chance to meet her.

Slashfin continued swimming. The water was so cold... At least for him, after such a long flight around those arid lands. He overheard the conversation the rest of the dragons were having. Without almost being noticed, he approached them, but still standing in the water. "Count with me too. I'd love to explore these lands... After this short swimming session, maybe I can stand another trip around this desert."

"Cool." Dewdrop said, as she looked around the oasis.

She took a sharp drink from the hydration pool, and then looked around.

"Nice place? Where to next?" Dewdrop exclaimed, eager to see more.

"Well, I do need to pay Queen Thorn a brief visit and give her an updated Scavenger Migration Pattern map." Sandstorm said, taking out a scroll and putting it back. "They might not seem like much, but let me warn you here and now, scavengers can be potentially lethal. They're small, but very intelligent, and lately, they seem to be migrating toward dragon territory, rather than away from it." He seemed to growl a bit at mentioning the scavengers. "I don't know why they're doing this, but I refuse to let them take Queen Thorn's life, as they did Queen Oasis, and-!"

"Alright, alright, calm down, Dad." Kaze said, trying to calm his father. "Try to think about something else."

"Right...I apologize." Sandstorm said, taking a deep breath. He then turned to the others. "That said, our next stop will be the capital." ONce everyone was ready to go, he took off, Kaze following close behind.

Dewdrop quickly followed Kaze and Sandstorm. Suddenly her scales turned white, and she faltered a little, her left wing tilting down, and back up. She started to hack a lot, and shiver. Then she sneezed, and water came out of her nose.

"Yuck..." she said to herself.

But her scales remained white, and she felt bad. Not guilty bad, but sick bad.

Kaze heard her sneeze and looked over his shoulder, a bit concerned. "You okay back there, Dewdrop?" he asked, catching some wind in his wings to drift back to her side. "You do look a bit pale..."

Sandstorm didn't turn around, but his eye did shift back as he listened.

Slashfin nodded and dove some seconds into the waters of the oasis just to gain some speed and jumped into the sky, flapping his wings, and started to accelerate in order to reach his partners. He looked at the white Rainwing. At first, he didn't notice it too much. Probably it's a Rainwings thing. He thought for himself, but then, he paid attention to the form she was flying. "Yeah, Kaze is right. Are you feeling well?"