• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The True Prophesy of Dragonets

Sign up here! https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-...ets-sign-up-and-discussion.16717/#post-458475
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dewdrop was walking a little far outside her territory, playing with a flower. Dewdrop looked around sadly. She had no friends, and not even a sloth wanted her as an owner. Most Rainwings got their sloth at a small age of three or four. Dewdrop, sadly, was eight, and yet no sloth had chosen her, like no friend had been hers. She looked at the clouds in the sky. She wished to be part of something special...little did she know, she was, and so were four other lucky dragonets.

Last edited:
Slashfin was swimming in a near river. Finally, after so many years, he managed to go out of the Kingdom of the Sea. He followed the coasts and, when he finally reached a river, he decided to follow it. "I can't believe that I've been out of the Kingdom of the Sea just for 5 days." He said almost laughing. He had always wanted to see the land, and, only a week before, when his foster father died, he had the chance to do it. Nothing could bind him there for more time.

He went out of the river, looked at the sky, and, lied on the grass. It was a strange sensation for a Seawing that had never seen or touched it. He didn't know why, but he started to roll over it. He laughed. "Oh, this feels so... Different to any other thing I've ever had in the sea. I can't even compare it with the Kelp Forests of the sea." He said happily. He didn't notice, but there was a Rainwing near him.

Dewdrop kept twiddling with the flower in her talons, when she saw a Seawing, something she had never seen before. She had glanced at him, but wanted to avoid eye contact, as she looked up at the sky continuously. She couldn't keep in her anxiety to maybe make a new friend, and she ended up walking towards the Seawing, as she sat down next to him, before stuttering, "H-Hi. My name is Dewdr-drop."

"Eh..." The Seawing quickly stopped rolling over the grass and remained seated, but dirtier than before, trying to hide his little show from before. "I'm Slashfin." His voice turned more serious. He didn't want to look friendly at all, but it was true that Slashfin's character tended to be ruder, but it was true that he was feeling alone. After all, he spent five days all alone: just himself and his thoughts about how incredible the land was.

"Nice... To meet you." Slashfin said as he analyzed the new dragon. His thoughts were destined to know which type of dragon he was. He had studied the other types of dragons before, but he never had a drawing (scrolls and water are not very good friends) or seen any other type of dragons before. She definitely doesn't look like a Mudwing. And she doesn't have those tails that I've heard about the Sandwings. Neither a Skywing or a Nightwing. She doesn't detach the typical cold of an Icewing. And, obviously, I'm an expert in how Seawings look like. So... Slashfin thought when he finally started talking again. "Are you... A Rainwing? My dear dad," He said ironically "Used to say that you are lazy and useless, but... You really don't look like that." He said, a little bit puzzled. He heard about that dragon tribe, but that's the only thing he has heard about them. The rest of the dragons, once Slashfin brought up that comment, just said the same about them. "As long as you don't hurt me, I'll be OK with you."

"I-I wasn't planning to." Dewdrop said, turning a little feisty. "And I'm not useless OR lazy!" Dewdrop said, before she thought about Sun Time back in camp. She never napped like that. "Watch." Dewdrop proclaimed, before she camouflaged into the exact shade of grass they were on, in attempt to wow the dragon before her.

"What the...?" Slashfin said, amazed, while he approached the place where Dewdrop was. "For all the water in the sea... Stop doing that trickery!" He said, exploring the surroundings of the place, just to make sure that she didn't manage to get out of there without being noticed. "And I'm not saying that you are lazy or useless. That's just what I was taught. So I suppose that I should say s.... Sor... Sorry" The Seawing said, looking disappointed. He was too proud for telling that, but he supposed that Dewdrop was feeling bad after what he said of all his tribe, and though his tough appearance, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. "I didn't even know... All of you can do that?"

Dewdrop camouflaged back into her usually colored skin, and easily said, "I forgive you!" in a cheery tone. If she and Slashfin were closer, and hadn't met a few minutes ago, she would've tackled him to the ground, playfully, without warning, but instead, she sat back on the grass, waiting for him to turn around.

Slashfin was surprised when he heard Dewdrop's voice right behind him. He turned. "But..." He turned again to the place where she was before and then, turned again where she was at that moment. "You were there seconds ago...How?" Slashfin said, almost laughing. It was incredible. If he was told a week ago that he was going to find dragons that could turn invisible, he would have said that it was crazy.

In a moment, he saw his paws, all dirty from the little fun that he had before. "Eh... Wait." He went a moment to the river and dove for some seconds in order to get clean. Then, he went again to the shore. "I guess that your ability is much better than mine. I mean... Apart from being able to breathe under water... And, of course, if you just can call this an ability..." He said as some scales of his body started to shine dimly.

Dewdrop was amazed, even if Slashfin wasn't. "How do you do that?!" she asked, in awe and wonder, as she fan-girled over the ability. "Camouflage isn't as good as this! If Rainwings had that ability, their scales would look even more beautiful in daylight!" she continued.

"Well, thanks..." Slashfin said. It was something completely normal for him. As a Seawing, he was used to it almost every day. "Well... It just... Happens, I don't know how it really works, but it simply... Does. If I want to bright the scales of my back, I just think about it and it happens." He told Dewdrop as he was doing it as an example. "My dad tried to explain it once, but I just understood that it is like a... Sort of specialization of the scales, but as I said, I'm not an expert on that." He looked again to Dewdrop. "I guess that it would be great, but it may also ruin your camouflage. And obviously, it's daytime. I guess that at nighttime I'll look like one of those... Dracoflies? No, dragonflies! Oh, wait, that was another insect... The one that shine was... Firefly?" He said. He had never seen the animals they had in the land, despite he had heard about some of them.

"I think it would look better at night!" Dewdrop exclaimed, before she thought about it more. "I read in an abandoned scroll, that Seawings use their lights to communicate in water, correct?" Dewdrop asked, before she began to look at his scales, and admire them even more, by examining them.

"Of course!" Slashfin said proudly. "It may sound strange, but if two Seawings are really deep and far from each other in the sea, for example, when they are in a marine trench, they can use these scales for communicating. It may look useless, but when we need to send an urgent message, it is quite effective. Anyways, I don't know how to describe this visual language for anyone that is not used to it." He continued illuminating some scales while others started to dim.

"I find that interesting!" Dewdrop said, as she looked out on the waters, up at the sky, and back to her territory. "I-I better get home for dinner..." she said, as she started to walk off. But she stopped, and turned around. "See you tomorrow?" she said, kind of asked, as she continued off into the woods.

"Alright." The Seawing said. "I guess that I'll stay around here. You know... I feel safer near a water current for obvious reasons." He entered again into the river and waited for Dewdrop as she entered the woods. "She is kinda friendly after all." He whispered to himself. Then, he dove again, searching for some fishes that he could eat. In a couple of minutes, he went again to the shore and ate them there. He stayed there, looking to the sky. "I guess that I've been missing a lot of things in here. It's not like the sea it's bad neither, but it is so different to this..."

Dewdrop chomped on some tasty fruits, as she kept thinking about Slashfin, the new Seawing friend she met today. She finished quickly, and flew up into the air, searching for Slashfin, whom she soon found, as she dove down near the shore, landing next to him. It was now dark, but Dewdrop didn't have a bedtime, as to no Rainwing had a parent, unless found out by venom testing.

"Oh, hello again!" Slashfin said when Dewdrop landed. "What's up? Is everything fine?" He was still on the shore, laid, leaving his belly exposed, showing the pattern of his scales, that were shining dimly; but when Dewdrop came, he stood again. "I have supposed that you would go to... A village or something and that you would spend the night there." He was using his tail in order to draw circles in the water, like if he was trying to create something. "Don't mind me, I'll be Ok. I'm strong, I can defend myself if something happens, especially when I have a river near."

"I just came here to see you, and get to know you better." Dewdrop said, looking at him. She was super happy to have real friends, unlike the imaginary friends she would come up with inside her head, to keep her form boredom. "I was wondering if you'd like to explore the rain forest with me!" There's a lot Dewdrop wanted to do with Slashfin.

"As I said before, I came here to explore the land." The Seawing stood and stretched. "Of course I'd like to go with you. Just give me a moment." Slashfin turned and leaned. He was drinking water. After a few gulps, he again turned to the Rainwing. "Ok, I'm ready to go now whenever you want. If you know the rainforest, you better show me something spectacular. this will be my first time exploring the land and I want to have a good first impression."

"Alright, come along then!" Dewdrop said, as she flew up into the air. She led Slashfin to a clearing in the forest. There was a large open hole in the forest's top, which could be used for cloud watching, or for star gazing. "I hang out here most of my days." Dewdrop said,as she flopped onto the ground, and looked up at the stars, glimmering above her.

Slashfin jumped a little, opened his wings and started to fly too, following Dewdrop. When he landed, he explored the place with his sight and, finally, looked up, into the sky. The Seawing laughed a little. "Totally amazing." He said. "That's completely a new sea for me." He continued, referring to all the stars that there were above them. He lay down, with his belly up. Some of the luminous scales of his pattern started to glow dimly, like if he was trying to imitate the stars. "I've been out on land a few times, but mostly small islands. Seawing things, you know... how to properly breathe on land, how to fly... But I've always been during the day. And during my trip here, most of the time it was cloudy. I have to admit that the sights that you have around here are quite magnificent."

"I know, I spend most of my days here, either enjoying the clouds, or looking up at the stars." Dewdrop explained. "I've always wanted to either be up next to the stars, or see the sky from a new point of view on the clouds. The clouds of destiny!" Dewdrop exaggerated, although she did want to see the sky differently.

The Seawing laughed. "Well, I can't help then. But... Maybe you could go to the Sky Kingdom. It will not be up next to the stars, but maybe you can reach the clouds there." Slashfin said, moving her tail in excitement. "It's the wonder of the terrestrial world. I mean... Under the sea, we have a lot of incredible things too, but it is mostly near the coasts; the rest is mostly an endless void full of water, and I better not talk about the abyssal trenches, that are directly darkness itself. At least you have different climates and landscapes."

"Eh, it's usually moist and hot, but I would like it to be full of different climates. The landscape is pretty much trees. That's just my life." Dewdrop explained, before she flew up through the top of the trees, shouting joyous remarks, such as "Yahoo!" and "The wind feels great on my scales"

Slashfin spread his wings and started to fly. "You are so enthusiastic..." He said, seriously, but still kind. He was normally rude, but, strangely, he liked to be kind with Dewdrop. Maybe it was that he was tired of being alone, or maybe because he felt that she understand him, and so did he with the Rainwing. "But I have to admit that, from time to time, it feels good to stretch your wings and... Feel the wind between your scales." He continued, almost whispering. He closed his eyes and just let his natural instincts to take over the situation, as he started to fly and fly higher. He wanted to feel the fresh breeze of the night caressing his wings.

Emlet flew over the land before noticing two dragons in the sky "Is it really worth it" he thought to herself before deciding to fly behind them keeping at distance where they could see her and keep silent.

Slashfin opened his eyes again. "I didn't know that night flights were so pleasant." He said, looking at the stars. He was planning, next to Dewdrop. "Well, what are we gonna do now?" He whispered, approaching the Rainwing. He didn't notice the Skywing that was looking at them. "All this flight just made me hungry again. With your permission, I'm going to return to the river and catch two or three more of those delicious fishes that you got around here." He finally said. After a few minutes, he landed next to the river.

The skywing saw the slashfin go to the river and followed, this was perfect for a joke so she flew behind the slashfin, breathed a little fire and waited for the other dragon to turn around to say the joke, oh she could already tell what their face will be.

Slashfin was about to enter into the river. He was getting ready to dive and catch some of the fishes when he smelled something burning. "What the? Dewdrop, why would you...?" He said while he turned around, but he did not find the Rainwing. Instead, he found a Skywing and some fire next to him. "What the...?!" He entered the river and used his tail in order to splash some water out of the river and extinguish the fire. "Who are you? And why have you done that?!" He said, mostly angry, but calmed at the same time.

"Because I wanted you to sea me, I am a bit fishy." Wow, that's was really terrible she told herself before showing of his fire-breathing into the sky lighting up the area around them "My name's Emlet if you're wondering" She said before stamping out the fire she just caused "What's your name?"

Last edited:
The Seawing stood silent, for a moment, looking terribly disappointed."Is that the best you can do? I come from the sea. If you want to impress me with jokes related to water and sea, you must work harder than that." He turned and dove into the river.

Some minutes later, he went back with some fishes, two in her mouth, other in one of his paws and the other was caught by his tail. "Mm nam Slsfin" He said, still with the fishes in her mouth. He left the fishes in the grass. "Sorry. My name's Slashfin." He said, quite serious, and ate one of the fishes. With his right frontal paw, he offered the other two fishes in front of the new dragon. "If you are so... Fishy..." The Seawing, still serious, was holding his laughs. "... Then I'm sure that you won't refuse this offer, will you?"

"Sorry I couldn't help myself, you're acting a little fis- ok i'll stop" She said before taking the fish and blushed, she didn't think this through. She looked up at the sky before putting the fish in her mouth, the stars were beautiful tonight but something was fishy about this fish.

(Three lines of paragraph please. And don't force people to do stuff, like Slashfin going into the river. Read the role play rules first)

Dewdrop flew to Slashfin and the stranger, who seemed to be a Skywing. "Hi there! I'm Dewdrop!" she introduced, no stutter, or warning of how she had got there. "what brings you here, Skywing? And what's your name? And how does it feel to live in the clouds?" she said, continuing with the stupid questions.

((Sorry if I did something wrong))

Slashfin greeted Dewdrop. "Sorry for taking the lead. I'm sorry, but I couldn't contain my hunger... And the fishes that you got around here are so delicious." He quickly devoured one of the fishes that he had caught before. He was about to eat the other one, but he stopped. "Oh, sorry, where are my manners?" He took the fish and offered it to Dewdrop. "Do you want this one? I can easily go and dive into the river if you want more." He was surprised that fishing in a river would be so easy. It was easier because his preys had little space to escape, but it also was a challenge because of Slashfin's size, though he was still far from being a full grown Seawing.

Then, he looked to the Skywing. "Is there something wrong with the fish? Don't you like it?"

Last edited:
Dewdrop nodded her thanks, and took the fish, ripping off the scales, and eating the fish meat inside. "I never expected fish to be so good!" she said, through a mouth full of fish. "You mind teaching me to catch some?" Dewdrop asked, as she swallowed the last gulp of fish, a couple scales she had missed, giving it a bumpy hard texture.

"Well... I suppose that I can, but it will be harder for you. In my case, I just follow them closely, but I only can because I am a Seawing and I can breathe under water and I have specialized paws. I suppose that I can teach you something, but you'll have to be more patient." First, he dug a little and put one of his paws inside of it. He wasn't lucky at first, so he repeated the same process two more times, until he found a pair of worms. Then, he approached the river.

"You have two ways of fishing. One is harder, but faster. You use your paws and claws to catch one while they are swimming, but fishes are quick and slippery, so I don't recommend it to you. I would use the other one." He used his tail to entangle the worm and introduced it in the river. "You have to use something that fishes love to eat, like a worm, and put your tail in the water. Once it starts moving, you just have to pull it out quickly. But remember to entangle the worm strongly, or the fishes will just take it from your tail." He said, still waiting for one to be caught. "Come here, just give it a try."

Dewdrop walked over, one talon at a time, curiously looking at the water to see if there is any fish. She put one talon in the water, keeping it steady, so it didn't disturb any fish. A large fish came by, swimming through Dewdrops claws, and when it was under her talon, she slammed her talon to the ground, piercing the fish in her claws, and as she took her talon out of the water, the fish lay limp on her talon. "Let me just say, I have caught bugs before, and this is my technique." she said strangely, giving an excuse for her first fish. She turned to the Skywing. "You should try!" Dewdrop said happily, as she had a hard time slipping the fish off her talons.

Slasfin stood in the river, still with the tail in the water, looking at Dewdrop. "Well, I guess that the technique is applicable then." He said, a little bit embarrassed to Dewdrop. "At least it is faster than fishing with your tail. I definitely have to try that out." Then, he turned to the Skywing. "Well, Emlet, don't you wanna give it a try too? Although I think that you are more of the type of dragons that practice air fishing, am I wrong?" In the meantime, his tail started to shake. He quickly pulled it out, and a fish started to almost fly over the Seawing. but instead of falling into the ground, the fish landed over Slashfin's muzzle. "Oh... I guess that I still have to improve my technique..."

Dewdrop clapped for Slashfin and his floppy fish, but surprisingly, not in a sarcastic way. She turned to the Skywing, apparently name Emlet. "Emlet, you should try!" Dewdrop said, as she started doing a stupid cheer, that went something like, "Emlet, Emlet, she can do it! Unlike her, I kind of blew it! Catching with your claws is fun, but I decided that I'm done! For today." saying the last part off of the chant, so it sounded a little like it rhymed.

Shard stood on top of a rock, glaring at the other dragons, a good distance away. They seemed to be catching fish, or at least attempting too. So ignorant with good food, and practicall wasting it. It wasn't right but again, it wasn't his place to tell them that. He would wait abd see what else happened before he intervened.

A dragon needs to help and not play. Working should be done instead of playing. These were the morals, the Icewing was raised on.

Dewdrop some how felt a strong piercing gaze cut right through her. She looked around, but shrugged it off, as she put a claw in the water. Then she said, "So, Emlet, and Slashfin...what else is there to do? I am getting a bit bored, and it's getting quite late.