• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Trainers Championship!

Halt looked over, slightly confused. "But that's my name. Halt." He said. Zourark looked over at him, still looking like the girl. "Are you sure I haven't met you? I've met many people."

Kaleb was completely confused. The situation was just getting weirder and weirder.

"Maybe you're related or something?" he suggested. He shrugged. "I have a question. Were you ever stranded on an island?" This question would decide whether or not this was the Halt he knew.

(You know what, making it the same guy. Just later on.)
Halt looked confused at the guy. "That was years ago. What do you know about it?" He asked the person. To Halt, it's been years. He'd been traveling through the regions to end the experience.

"I was there," he said. "Maybe this will refresh your memory." He sent out Charizard, Torterra, Drapion, and Aggron, and Pangoro stepped forward. "Remember any of them?" he asked. He hadn't sent out Infernape because he met him in his travels in Sinnoh, and Halt wasn't present.

Halt shrugged. "Not really. All I remember is kicking you guy's butts." He said. "Lucario's not here with me. He's out on a vacation. Same with my other guys. Long story, tell you later." He sorta reconized the guy, but that trip was years ago.

Last edited:
Kaleb remembered his travels on the island. "Even though the place was crawling with those Auralians, I kinda miss it," he said. "The adventure, the friends we made, and defeating the Auralians, even though it meant losing some friends along the way."

Pangoro, Charizard, Drapion, and Torterra nodded. They remembered the final battle, and how they had lost a great friend in the end. Aggron wasn't paying attention as always.

"Well, enough about the past. What Pokémon did you bring along with you, since Lucario, Heracross, and the others are away?" he asked Halt, intrigued at what his new team may be. "The Pokémon I didn't send out was my Infernape that I met during my travels in Sinnoh about two years ago."

Halt grinned a little. "You already met one. Just you don't see her." He said with a sly grin. Shade the Zoroark was still in human form, and grinned as well. She stepped forward in a sly way. Halt hoped he understood what he ment by 'her.'

"I see," he said. "Zoroark is a very clever Pokémon, the way it uses illusions to disguise itself as something it isn't. What about the other members of your team?"

Shade grinned wide, and smoke formed around her. When it was reviled, a shiny Zoroark stood in her place. "Now, well, we may go back, but I'm not showing of my whole team. But your not the only one who went to Sinnoh." Halt said, while taking out a specially designed pokeball with a wierd symbol on it that looks like an H on a clock. When the ball opened, an Infernape stood their, his fiery hair flowed long down his arm.

"So, we both brought Infernapes we met in Sinnoh," he said as he released his own. "And by the way, that shiny Zoroark is pretty cool," he added. "Maybe we will get a chance to battle."

He walked away, and went to his room to contact Sycamore. He told him about meeting up with Halt, and about the championship and how he will be contacting him every now and then to swap his party members, and ended the call.

"Well, Pangoro, we've come pretty far," he said as the big Panda Pokémon nodded.

Halt looked over at his partner. "Well, I might have to get the gang back together." His pokemon nodded in confirmation. The two walked away into their room. Halt pulled out his old PPH and contacted an old friend. "Yea, I might be needing my old task force. I'll keep in touch. Mainly for one battle, so get the crew ready." He said. "Can do." Was the reply. "IP out." The person hung up. "Just like we did it in Unova." He said to his partner.

Isaac saw a battle brewing between two trainers and two others standing nearby talking to each other with Pokemon. Isaac yawned and scratched behind his head. "Uh hello there." Isaac greeted. Dodrio forced itself out of his pokeball and pecked at Isaac's head waking him up.

"Hehe". Vex stood sielntly as power up Punch phased straight through Aegislash. "You know that won't work on a ghost type right haha?! Aegislash use sacred sword!" He commanded and Aegislash spun and grabbed its shield with one arm and quickly slashes at lucario with its large glowing blade.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
"Hey Issac....I see you have a Dodrio." Glacier commented. Mirage went over to greet Issac and Dodrio. Her toothy grin mainly startles some trainers and Pokemon but its merely a friendly gesture for a battle. "I'm just waiting until we get to the championship tournament...I can't wait!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah, this is Moirae." he said as he introduced his Pokemon to Glacier and Mirage. "I know right! I'm just itching to arrive there." he said excitedly. "Moirae here has been with me since I've started my journey in Kalos." he gestured towards the flying type. "So how about another battle. We haven't battled since we first met." Isaac said.

(Is this Isaac the same character from the Sinnoh RP?)

Kaleb woke up from a short nap and walked back out of his room. He saw another familiar face, but he couldn't quite make out who it was.

"Excuse me," he said, "but do I know you from someplace? You seem familiar."

(Maybe)
"You seem familiar too. I could've sworn I've seen you somewhere. Even so, I'm Isaac, nice to meet you." he extended a hand for a shake not knowing if he would accept or not. Moirae, his Dodrio, nuzzled Kaleb affectionately. If Isaac didn't recognize Kaleb, then Moirae did. She has a very good memory. "She seems to like you. We must have met before. Moirae doesn't really get friendly with new people right away." he said.

"I think I met you in Sinnoh a couple years back," he said. He sent out Charizard, Torterra, and Infernape. "Remember any of them?"

Torterra remembered them at once, Charizard took a while but remembered, and Infernape remembered Dodrio, as he had seen her many times, but not the trainer, who he didn't see very often.

"Of course! How could I forget your Pokemon? Especially you, Torterra!" he said. Moirae started squawking at Torterra as if carrying on a conversation. "Ah the good old days in Sinnoh. I love that region." he reminisced. "I think this Pokemon will clarify everything." he said. Isaac brought out a pokeball that contained his starter from Sinnoh. He's grown so much. "Come out, Poseidon!" he exclaimed as an enormous water and steel type Pokemon emerged from its containment.

"Yeah, definitely remember this big guy," he said. Torterra started to run in circles.

"Hehe, that means he's excited," Kaleb said. Charizard immediately recognized the Empoleon. He smiled and flew over towards it.

Infernape saw Empoleon and started hopping up and down. It was like a reunion to him. He ran over to Empoleon and held out his hand as if it was some sort of handshake, and Kaleb laughed.

"He's very excited. I remember that these two were very close back in Sinnoh," Kaleb said as he remembered his adventures in that region. "We might get a chance to battle, even. If we do, see you there!" He walked back towards his room to make another call to Sycamore.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well it's good to see you again. Maybe we can commemorate our reunion with a battle?" Isaac offered. All he's been wanting to do lately is battle people. At this point its only a matter of time before we get to the championship. All of his Pokemon were anxious to get there as well. Especially Noivern and Dodrio.

Kaleb turned around when he heard the word "battle."

"Alright then," he said. "I will use Pangoro first." Pangoro jumped forward, ready for another battle.

"Decide on who you will pick to go first," Kaleb said.

Halt walked out of his room and saw the battle brewing. "Hope you didn't lose your touch, Kaleb." He said jokingly. Zoroark was walking next to him and grinned wide. "I hope he's gotten better. He sucked before." He whispered to his pokemon.

"Don't worry, Halt," he said. "I beat Jeremy when Torterra was still a Turtwig, and I remember him saying that he tied you in a battle once. I also evaded the Aether Foundation for a year and never lost a battle to any of their members."

He waited anxiously for Isaac to pick his Pokémon. He thought about who to use if he battled Halt or Isaac during the championship. Probably mainly his island catches against Halt, and mainly Sinnoh catches against Isaac, just to make it more fun.

Pangoro waited for an opponent to appear. It had been a while since his last battle, and he was more ready than ever to battle, especially because the opponent was one of his trainer's friends from the past.

"Alright. Dodrio, go!" he commanded. Dodrio popped out of her ball and screeched valiantly. The Pangoro is big but it might be slow. Dodrio is a very swift and agile Pokemon so she might be able to maneuver around it. "Whenever you're ready, make the first move." he said.

"Bullet Punch," he told Pangoro. It sprang forward straight towards Dodrio, and the move charged up, with Pangoro's ability, Iron Fist, powering it even more. He charged it up to full power, and then unleashed the attack right in front of Dodrio.

Halt held out his hands before the battle started. "Hey, how about we make this interesting?" He asked the two. Zoroark heard his que, and started an illusion up to simulate a battlefield.

"Wow. This is amazing." he exclaimed. "Anyway, Dodrio dodge and use Drill Peck!" he ordered. Immediately, Dodrio evaded the attack and pecked crazily at Pangoro with razor-sharp beaks.

"Pangoro, return," Kaleb said, as he swapped it out for Aggron. "Metal Claw," he said, and Aggron charged at Dodrio, his claws glowing white.

Kaleb looked around at the illusionary battlefield. "Cool trick, Halt," he complimented. He was interested in Zoroark, and remembered the Zorua he caught in Unova about a year ago, and thought he might train it and use it a few times in battles.

Dodrio got hit hard by the Aggron's Metal Claw. "Dodrio return. Go, Empoleon!" he sent out his water type starter from the Sinnoh region. "Now use Water Pulse!" he commanded.

Aggron got hit by the Water Pulse, but didn't take much damage.

"Earthquake," Kaleb told it. Aggron stomped on the ground of the 'arena' and used the ground type attack, which moved straight towards Empoleon.

Empoleon barely pulled through but still managed to hang on. "Good work, Empoleon. Now use Flash Cannon!" he said. Empoleon fired a beam of steel-type power. 'Let's see him survive this' he thought.

Aggron was hit by Flash Cannon, but took little damage.

"Aggron is partially Steel type," Kaleb said. "Hydro Pump would've been a better move, since Aggron resists Steel type attacks. Aggron, time for a break."

Kaleb swapped Aggron for Torterra.

"Energy Ball," he commanded. Torterra charged up the grass type attack, and launched it straight at Empoleon.

“ Of course. I was just testing the water with that move” Zachariah said as his Lucario went flying back but landed on its feet “ Use Dark Pulse”

"Empoleon use Ice Beam!." he commanded. 'That Torterra is gonna be an issue if I wanna win this battle.' Isaac thought. Hopefully Empoleon can hit the Ice Beam before the Energy Ball hits him.

The Energy Ball and Ice Beam collided, causing smoke to envelope the area. When it cleared, both Torterra and Empoleon had fainted. (Agreed upon)

"You did good, Torterra," Kaleb said as he returned the Grass/Ground type. "Come on out, Drapion!"

The Poison type snapped his claws, waiting for an opponent. It had been a while since he had last battled for Kaleb, as he was at Sycamore's lab for almost all of his Sinnoh journey, with the exception of a few league battles and one or two gym battles.

"Return, Empoleon." Isaac said. Empoleon returned to his pokeball and Isaac sent out his next Pokemon. "Go, Crobat!" Isaac through the Pokemon's ball into the sky and Cecelia the Crobat appeared. She zipped around waiting for an incoming attack.

"Ice Fang!" Kaleb called out suddenly. Drapion shot his claw straight at Crobat, readying the Ice Fang. He had a Night Slash ready in case it missed, so either way, the Crobat was going to take some damage.

"Cecelia, wait for it to get close the dodge and use X-Scissor!" he said. Isaac needed a backup plan STAT. What if the X-Scissor misses or Ice Fang hits before X-Scissor does? So many things can go wrong.

Drapion's claw continued to fly straight towards Crobat. Kaleb wondered what Isaac had planned, but he took the opportunity to strike.

"Drapion, now!" he called out. Drapion's tail suddenly lunged forward at Crobat, and his claw kept flying towards her, leaving her with the option to dodge the claw or the fang. Only one could be dodged. Kaleb smirked. If Isaac didn't come up with something quick, his Crobat would be down for the count.