• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Trainers Championship!

Well then seeing as how I had this Pokemon ready for a while go azurmaril. Joe sent out one of his highest level Pokémon as he had it from the beginning of his journey besides for his sceptile

azumaril eh? well then this is gonna be difficult. said logan in a confident tone. Garchomp use dual chop!! logan commanded. garchomp charged at azumaril

"Hey buddy you realize that the move you just used won't have any affect on my azumaril" said Joe pointing out his opponents move "azumaril use ice beam to freeze the ground around you so that the garchomp can’t move”

Last edited:
"Azurmaril launch yourself with surf then freeze the surf with ice beam" Joe shouted getting into the battle " Then use play-rough to hit the grachomp with a super effective hit. "

garchomp was hit by the play rough toppling over garchomp fainted. "garchomp return." logan commanded, garchomp returned to the ultra ball it came from. logan walked away after returning garchomp to the ultra ball

"Well I would say that was a great mach if he stayed" Go returned his azurmarill to its pokeball and walked away straitening his tie well waiting for the the ship to dock as he didn't want to get into any other battles at the time.

Name: Zachariah "Stonewall" Styles
Pokemon: Heliolisk, Hydreigon, Lucario, Swampert, Tyranitar, Charizard (Shiney)
Home: Alola
Appearance: Zachariah is a 6ft 5 205 lbs muscular teenage male with tan skin. He has an intimidating and ominous aura about him. He has black hair and gold eyes. He wears a black trench coat with a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes. He has two scars that overlap his eyes and meet at his nose. He wears a gold chain around his neck. He has a tattoo of a dragon roaring on his chest and a tribal tattoo on his back.
Personality: Zachariah is a cold, unforgiving, and ruthless person. When he battles he likes to feel out his opponent. All of his Pokemon are trained to withstand long and punishing battles. Zachariah's training style is to try and break his Pokemon, forcing them to battle time and time again with no rest, to the point of borderline abuse. He doesn't accept failure from his Pokemon and if they faint during battle Zachariah makes them pay. He records all of his battles and whenever he has free time he studies them, writing down notes, mostly what he needs to improve on. That being said, he cares for his Pokemon and makes sure they are well-taken care of. After a victory, he rewards his Pokemon handsomely. Zachariah is a lone wolf, preferring his own company over others. Zachariah is not just harsh but he is extremely prideful. Despite all that, he is a very honorable battler, once he knows a battle is done, he will order his Pokemon to stand down. Win, lose or draw once a battle concludes he will simply walk away to study and train, never being satisfied with his performance.
Backstory: Zachariah has very little memories of his parents. All he can truly remember is tears falling on his cheeks as he was being handed over to an unknown person by what he assumes to be his mother. Zachariah has lived in Aether Paradise, located in the Alola Region for the vast majority of his life. While he was there, Aether President and Zachariah's legal guardian Lusamine forced him to complete challenging and intense studies on Pokemon evolution and development as well as battle strategies. He was pushed hard in his studies and while he was given no Pokemon, Lusamine allowed him to use rental Pokemon to practice what he had learned. While Lusamine treated him well, Zachariah became a cold and unforgiving person. Once he turned eighteen Lusamine decided that Zachariah's talents were best served elsewhere. So she told him he should go challenge a Pokemon league and that it was his choice which one that was. After thinking long and hard Zachariah chose the Hoenn Region. Here he met Professor Birch who was about to give young May and Brendan their starting Pokemon. Coincidentally, the champion of the Sinnoh region, Cynthia was there as well visiting Professor Birch. Although it had been 18 years Cynthia recognized her son immediately and after Zachariah battled with May and Brendan, she offered to travel with him and coach him, resolving to not tell Zachariah the truth. Zachariah accepted and thus his journey begun. Zachariah never respected Lusamine's biological children, Lille and Gladion. He saw Lille as a weak, spineless fool who had no business around Pokemon and Gladion as a pathetic failure of a human being who will never be his equal. He has won the Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh leagues and placed in the top four in the Johto League and Kalos League and the top two in the Unova League. He earned the nickname "Stonewall" due to his cold and unreadable personality, his ruthlessness on the battlefield, his dedication to his training and his ability to remain calm no matter what. Eventually, he learned the truth from Cynthia's mother, his grandmother. At first, he was angry and even joined Team Galatic to try and take his revenge of Cynthia but soon realized that he was becoming just like his father. Horrified and disgusted with himself he challenged and defeated his father. While in the Hoenn Region Zachariah met Zinnia, the then Lorekeeper of the Draconids. The two worked together to prevent an upcoming disaster and became close in the process. They met once more in the Hoenn League finals which Zachariah narrowly won. He was than named the COO of the Aether Foundation by Lusamine for his victory in the Hoenn League.
Rp
Zachariah heaved a sigh of relief as he tossed his fancy clothes off the side of the ship. He was a trainer, not a spoiled rich brat. He was wearing his usual clothing and if anyone had a problem with it they could go jump off the ship right after his stupid fancy clothes. He turned to his notebook which had all his notes from his previous battles in it. He studies this notebook two hours a day every day followed by books on Pokemon tactics. He wasn't surprised at this invitation at all but at the same time, he had only come not to battle against strong trainers but because he needed time away from all the chaos that seemed to follow him everywhere he went. Once he was off the ship he went somewhere private, he couldn't care less about the other trainers. He had serious training to do. He let out his Pokemon and began their hardcore training regime for today. If anyone were to see this they would say it was borderline cruel due to how hard he was pushing them

Last edited:
( Point where I said anything about my Pokemon being mega evolved. Where did I ever mega-evolve them? I made no mention of these six even being able to do so I just mentioned a mega evolution bracelet as part of his attire. I never said he would be using it. Not to mention I said ONCE he is able to use it. I didn't say he was wearing one now, did I? No, I didn't. I didn't say he had a keystone or mega stone in this roleplay.)

Last edited:

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier set down his journal and grabbed Mirage's Luxury Ball. "Come on partner...lets go see if anything is out there." He said, walking out of the room. Glacier heard someone training and went to investigate. There he saw Zachariah with his team. "So..another trainer is here..I won't challenge them but...we'll watch." Glacier concluded, sending out the blue Zoroark. And prepare to be faced with a fearful reaction...He thought quickly, remembering he's still in Team Plasma uniform.

" Hydregion, you dare insult me with such a pitiful display? I won't stand for such insubordination" Zachariah said coldly " do the same move again, except do it better." The dragon type executed a Dragon Rush on Lucario with a lot more power" that was better" Zachariah said " enough for now. I don't want anyone getting to know you too well" he said recalling his team. He turned around to see Glacier staring at him. He narrowed his eyes but said nothing

Name: Kaleb Storm
Pokémon: Pangoro, Charizard, Torterra, Infernape, Drapion, Aggron
Home: Akala Island
Appearance: 6 feet tall, brown hair and blue eyes. He wears a red shirt and blue pants, with black shoes.
Personality: Very friendly, but sometimes pretty loud, and also very rash
Backstory: He escaped the clutches of an evil organization on an island at age 19, then traveled through the Sinnoh region at age 20.

Kaleb arrived at the Trainers' Championship Cruiseship. He had selected his Pokémon carefully: his partner Pangoro, who was always at his side, his Charizard and Torterra, two Pokémon he caught on the island that traveled with him in Sinnoh, Infernape, a Pokémon he caught in Sinnoh, and Drapion and Aggron, two Pokémon he caught on the island that he hadn't spent time with in a while.

"Here we are, guys," he said. "Man, Pangoro, we've come far since Sycamore sent us to the island." His Pangoro nodded in agreement.

He saw Zachariah battling and, like Glacier, decided to just watch. He had enough battling experience to know that you shouldn't challenge any person you meet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanDakon

(We're on the cruise ship still...I think)
"A Hydreigon and a Lucario....I hardly see those Pokemon. You've raised them well..." Glacier said to Zachariah. Mirage nodded eagerly, wanting a battle. "No, girl. Not yet...you'll get a chance." He whispered to his shiny Pokemon. She looked up at Glacier hopefully. "That Hydreigon...reminds me of Zweilous..." He said, patting Mirage's head and remembering his own Zwelious.

" I've been all over this vast world of ours, been to every region, competed in every league. Those two you just saw have come a long way. I thank you for the compliment." He looked at the Zoroark " my... I have one as well though not in that color." He looked at Glacier " Team Plasma? I thought you guys had broken up. Or are you with N's unit? The defectors that went with him when he split from the group? Either way, it's been awhile since I've seen Ghetsis. Old fool still owes me quite a bit of money." He eyed Kaleb coldly as he spoke, measuring him up

SaiyanDakon

"Mirage is a rare one, indeed. As for Team Plasma, I reorganized them and became their leader...Ghetsis, I'm afraid, is rethinking his ways of evil." Glacier explained, "N is traveling across Unova to help other trainers, while I...come here in search of battles." He looked toward the sea and stared at its wonder. Mirage did so likewise. "Any place in the world, there are battles, whether human interacting with Pokemon or Pokemon in general, they are around us. I want to be the one to win all of them." He admitted.

Joe was walking down the hall toward his cabin and saw to trainers talking one was the trainer with the salamence and the other was a trainer he hasn't met yet but soon Joe walks near them not trying to but into the conversion but still wanting to hear it.

Zachariah stared at Glacier" I understand that goal. I too once desired the same thing. A part of me still does. But being the best to ever exist doesn't drive me anymore. My reasons coming here are simple. I seek a Draconid. She is the former Lorekeeper of her people, and a close friend of mine." Memories invaded Zachariah's mind as he thought back to when he was still in his first region, the Hoenn region. He remembered the intense battle he had with her on top of Sky Pillar and in the Hoenn League

SaiyanDakon

Glacier was surprised that Zachariah knew of the Draconoids. "Oh..her..." He said, remembering who Zachariah was talking, "Her name is Zinnia...a powerful dragon type user." Glacier grinned and put a hand outward towards the sea. "Many questions about her..." He muttered. Mirage looked over and nudged Glacier.

Joe thought he heard that name from his mom when he came back from kanto as his mom told him that he had missed such a huge thing going on in the hoenn region. Yet when talking to Steven about it he was told that she was a Draconid and that she has a wismur traveling next to her at all time which Joe didn't question he did it when he still had that small of pokemon.

Zachariah's eyes widened when Glacier said her name " you know of her as well?!" he asked surprise in his voice. " I don't suppose you know where she is or if she is aboard this ship. You see, some time ago she sent me a letter. It's personal so you'll forgive me for not showing it to you. But I've been looking for her for months. When was the last time you encountered her?" he asked, trying to keep the desperation out of his voice.

SaiyanDakon

"I've only seen her once. She tried to stop me using her Salamence...I countered with Samurott. In the end, she lost the battle and I felt joy from Samurott's victory." Glacier said, "That was a year ago since that event happened in Unova...and I doubt she would have any thoughts on entering the tournament." Mirage growled at Glacier for mentioning Samurott's win instead of her own. Of course, she was jealous. "Calm down....you've won many more battles than Samurott...so its not a big deal.." He muttered.

" I see. How disappointing" Zachariah said. Always playing mind games my friend. Don't know why I'm surprised. He chuckled when he saw Mirage get jealous " She appears to like attention" he said looking at the Zoroark. " Of course my Zoroark is the same, She too only liked it when I talked about her. I remember one time she tried to bury one of myn Pokemon in the sand out of jealousy

Name: Zeed Vex
Pokemon: Shiny Tyranitar, Togekiss, Aegislash, Tangrowth, Magmortar, Golisopod
Home: Unova
Appearance: Pale blonde hair with blue eyes with a white lab coat and black boots.
Personality: Very intelligent but also cocky and self righteous yet. Also views himself as the best trainer in the world and joins in the tournament to prove it.

Like a breeze Zeed Vex swooped down on his togekiss and landed next to Glacier and Zachariah. Excuse me am I in the right place? I missed my cruise and I'm expected to enter in the competition. And I do not expect to lose my victory because due to an absence!

Zachariah shot an unimpressed look at the newcomer " Don't tell me you were late. And yet you dare to claim victory? An adult would have planned ahead and made sure he wouldn't have missed his cruise but then again, perhaps that's too much expectation for you. This is the ship for the competition but I somehow doubt your qualifications for this tournament. Didn't it occur to you to fly by the side of the ship? Ya know where the name of the ship is generally located, the name of the ship that was on your invitation? No it didn't? Interesting."

"Hahaha!" Vex laughed loudly for a few moments before quickly stopping. "I like you already! Allow me to introduce myself… my name is Zeed Vex. Brilliant scientist and Pokemon Master extraordinare! May I please have your names? I would like to apologize to you properly once I defeat you in this battle I I'm about to challenge you in! Hehehe…"

" Do you take me for a fool? You never reveal your identity to the enemy" Zachariah said coldly " Just call me Stonewall, that's all you need to know. And in my experience, whenever someone has to call themself a brilliant scientist, they usually lack the self-awareness to realize they are actually quite the fool. And of course you're talented as a trainer, otherwise, you wouldn't be here." Zachariah thought for a moment about his challenge he's spirited, I'll give him that. Although, most people like him don't know their rear end from their elbow. Let's see if this boy even belongs here " Will a one on one suffice?" ( Cool if they end in a draw?)

Last edited:
(Definitely sounds awesome!)
"Why of course! A full on 6 vs 6 should be spared until the proper duel. But prepare yourself to be quite surprised! You aren't the first to challenge my skill and merits hehe…" Vex pulls out a bizarre pitch black pokeball with strange etchings on it , then presses the button making it grow to regular size. "Are you ready, Mr. Stonewall?" He grins eagerly.

Zachariah raised an eyebrow when he saw the odd looking Pokeball but grabbed one of his own " ready when you are" he said making it grow regular size as well. I was hoping to not battle just yet but it seems as though I haven't much choice now. " Lucario, Battle Formation" he said throwing his Pokeball and Lucario came forth.

(Reintroducing my character with some changes. Thought this went dead.)
Name: Halt Treaty
Pokemon: Infernape (hidden ability, iron fist), Aegishash, Zoroark (shiny), Garchomp, Swampert, Glaceon.
Home: Sinnoh
Appearance: Tall and skinny. Has blue eyes, and dark red hair. Wears a bright blue under shirt, with a white button down over it, loose. Has pokeballs strapped under the white shirt.
Personality: Laid back, carefree. Won't worry about anything unless its about pokemon. Cares for all pokemon, and a hardcore battler.

Halt walked up to the battle taking place. "Well, might as well watch these guys fight. Might help me in the long run." He said to himself. Zoroark stood behind him, illusioned as another person. Being a Zoroark, his illusion was full and complete, no tail or anything in sight.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier watched the battle about to begin. "I am Glacier...leader of Team Plasma and you better watch yourself Vex." He said. Mirage growled and stepped back as well did Glacier. "If you want to battle so much, then tell me." He muttered.

"Haha don't worry I'll think I'll be just fine hehe" he mutters looking at his pokeball! "Now prepare yourself! Go Aegislash!" He throws the off pokeball and a brilliant light exploded throughout the area as Aegislash emerged and quickly grabbed its shield to defense mode. "Would you care to start us off, Mr. Stonewall? Hehe" he chuckles eagerly awaiting the first move

As Isaac woke from his VERY long nap, he grabbed Noivern's pokeball and put it in his bag along with things he might need later. Some Potions a few Antidotes just in case and he was off. Unfortunately, he forgot about a little thing called bedhead and walked out of his room looking like a wreck.

“ Well thank you. If nothing else, you are courteous. “ He looked at Lucario who was waiting for his trainer’s order “ Let’s start off slow. Power-up Punch” he ordered. Lucario leapt forward at the Ageislash and pulled back to punch t

(OOC: Slivally is a legendary. Remove it from your team @LitlleGladion, if you want to avoid a ban.)

Kaleb saw Halt and rubbed his eyes. "Of all the people from my past..." he muttered to himself.

"Halt?" he asked as he walked over, his hand on the pokeballs of Torterra and Aggron.

(Not the same character from Forena)
"Yea, who're you?" Halt asked. He might know the man, but he had been around so many places in the past few years, he has problems remembering people. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

Kaleb shook his head. 'Must be a doppelgänger or something,' he thought to himself.

"You look a lot like a guy I once knew," he said. "Well anyways, I'm Kaleb Storm."