• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Sprites of Hypotenuse Man

2 new sprites!

They're of me.
jeffpokemonstylenewob4.png
and
jeffpokemonstylenewbanhbt9.png

Cheers!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I love the way how pretty much everyone who commented on the Banhammer is now banned :o. Eeek.

The Phoenix Wright & Black Mage sprites are great. Can't exactly comment on the sprite of you due to not knowing what you look like (and sprites aren't generally 100% true likenesses anyway!).

The one thing I'd say about the small sprite of you with the Banhammer is that the word BAN doesn't come out very well on my screen against the dark grey background. I know blue is your trademark, but could you consider either outlining the letters in white or using a brighter/lighter shade of blue? Just a suggestion, don't ban me for it ;) ;D.

It's not just your screen; it's the same on mine. I chose that particular shade because it's the same as that sprite's shirt; at the time, no other opportunities came to mind. The outlining, though, is a good idea; I'll try it soon and see how it turns out.

Thanks! ^^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I love the way how pretty much everyone who commented on the Banhammer is now banned :o. Eeek.

The Phoenix Wright & Black Mage sprites are great. Can't exactly comment on the sprite of you due to not knowing what you look like (and sprites aren't generally 100% true likenesses anyway!).

The one thing I'd say about the small sprite of you with the Banhammer is that the word BAN doesn't come out very well on my screen against the dark grey background. I know blue is your trademark, but could you consider either outlining the letters in white or using a brighter/lighter shade of blue? Just a suggestion, don't ban me for it ;) ;D.

Yo, Baratron, King of Rhinos and I haven't been banned yet. In fact, we're far from it. Not a single warning! See? (not trying to brag or anything.....) Though I may be getting pretty close to my first warning now.....

And, just saying, the Banhammer's shading on the second sprite doesn't really match the actual person's shading style/ technique or whatever. Was it supposed to be that way? But overall, good job on your newest sprites!

tehehe...but i agree with S_E on the shading of the BanHammer, right now it just looks like a cylinder that came out of a third grade math book [no shading at all except for the flat side(which is most likely a shadow from my perspective)]
The handle looks a bit odd going under his armpit, seeing as its being held in the right hand, yet going behind the right side of the torso. my suggestion would be to either shorten the handle, or move the hammer out some and move the end of it in to a visible area

Holy, that's insane. I think I had a little seizure, but yeah, that just adds on to the coolness. I'd love to see more of these guys. =D I recommed a 'WTF?'-esk expression. XD Because that woudl totally be funny. I are jealous of your animational skills.​

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Is that attacking with the Star of David? :O Forget BOLT 2, I want me some JUDAISM 3! :O

*is thrown into an epileptic seizure*

Might I suggest one that's asleep standing up, head tilted back (maybe just moving the face up higher), with drool trickling down the side of its mouth?

I loved Chrono Cross. Glenn was awesome, but man I couldn't stand all the accents everyone had. XD

Awesome sprite; it looks to me like you scratched it, which is a total kick in the face to do. So yeah, good job. :]