• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Realm of Pixeity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teehee, the "pawnz" series is adorable. :D Are they derived from any existing pawn-like idea, or did you make up the style yourself? Either way, they're both so cute, I shall steal them to make a chess set. The cutest chess set in the world! And that way, my opponents shall be so overwhelmed by cuteness, they'll forget that I can't play chess to save my life! :3

Trainer Sonjo's sprite is very nice, too. I like how you did the outfit - 'specially the head. And it's got the trademark Spriteon-half-grin! :D I >3 the Spriteon-half-grin.

The first Kosheh sprite is great, too. Again, I like the head the best - the hair and the hat go really well together, both in shape/design and coloration. Nice jobz. :D

Ah! Well done, Spriteon! It's almost exactly as I expected it to be! ^_^

I thanks you with my deepest gratitude, and wish you luck on your future real-life endevours. Thank you again.

After some thought, I decided I'd also like to show off these two sprites. I do still quite like them, despite them being about a year old each.

DTS.png

DemiSS.png

Since sprites DON'T have to be Poke'mon related, I guess I can flaunt these two. The one above was modified from an Amy from Sonic; Battle! and the one below from one of the Sonic; Advanced games, though I can't remember which anymore, since it's been so long. The character they have been edited to look like is Demica; my GaiaOnline alias.

Yes, I'm a member of Gaia Online. Get over it, life moves on.​

Those are very nice Spriteon, and the whole monochrome look is done very well indeed. Your particular custom shading does them proud, and their reminiscence to your current alias, Spriteon, is pretty nifty.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Artiste, King of Rhino's please stop using this topic to talk about things unrelated to the sprites in question. Your posts will be deleted soon, and any future OT posts will result in a warning.

Thank you, Nem! :( Got it? >:( Good. :)

I tried doing a different style of shading with it, hence why it looks like it does. Ace always inspires me to try something new with him as the guinea pig; hence why he's my muse. I'm very happy with the results. The small amount of letters on there were all done slowly, carefully, and pixel by pixel. Minus the numbers. xD I got lazy.​

[claps] Very nice shading, he looks like a scanned color-pencil pic!

>_> That and I can barely even sit and do a sprite for half an hour, so I commend your patience. Can I borrow some? xD

That's... wow. Really impressive. I mean, your sprites in general tend to be upper-echelon anyway, but your muse is super-impressive. Heh, if you give patience to Orangen, can I have some too? It'd sure be nice. :p

I love it. Not only because it has a fauxhawk...No. Because its incredible....Or however its spelled.

=] ))

But yeah... I♥Fauxhawks.

That's seriously 'superspecialawesome'. Even though the shading style is, as you say, different, it's still obviously yours and it's great that your sprite and pixel works are obviously recognizable. The direct light source also looks good and the lettering is, to put it bluntly, damn impressive.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Your muse is amazing. I need to stop saying that, because it will lose meaning soon, but still. It's out-of-this-world-good. Whoever said it looks like you scanned a sketch into the computer is right, it's that damned good. And the fact that you did it in MSPaint is very impressive.

Meet Nibbles,
Nibbles.png

Now I'm sure most of you have seen Psychotic Spinda who is a few pages forward as well as posted in my Art Thread. This is Nibbles, his pet. Nibbles is the severed tail of a Girafarig. How did Nibbles seperate himself from a Girafarig? Well, lets just say that a pair of giant scissors and Psychotic Spinda helped him out a bit.

Nibbles is the greatest pet anyone could ask for. He can't bark, and he doesn't need to eat. His brain acts as his heart, being the only thing that pumps blood through his skinny body. Relying only on instinct, he blindly follows whoever is leading him on the leash and tends to gnaw nibble on whatever gets to close to his mouth.

Isn't he cute?​

The pixel work is again top notch and I like the shading, though the black outline on the leash looks a little harsher than your usual work. At any rate it's a very... interesting concept.

So ebil... Teeth... Run run away!

Lol, the bandages were a nice touch. xD The collar is cool, too. Shaded extremely well, as always, Spriteon. Leash, bells on the collar, I love it all.

Oh wow, Nibbles got alot of comments quick. Well, since I'm having a brainfart in the RP'ing portion of my brain, I decided to doodle the odd duo together in small, sprite format. 100% Scratch.

PSNibbles.png

Psychotic Spinda walking his beloved pet, Nibbles. His mouth looks a little odd, Spinda's, but that's because I was determined to show his little fang. XD

((Yes, I know I've been slacking on my PBR Trainer Sprites and Pixel Arts. X_x I will get there, eventually. I need to find the drive to do them first, though.))​

Aww, how cute! A little psychotic, maybe, but it's adorable. And it's a scratch, too.
It looks a bit small to me, though. :/

Hah, very nice Spriteon. The picture may be a tad small, but it just serves to highlight the amount of detail and good shading there is. Very well done and what not, and I'm sure you'll eventually get motivation to work on other things.

I made it that size because I originally want to do a small battle like scene with him. So I wanted it to fit within an 80x80 square.

"It's a wild Psychotic Spinda!"
-jabs touch screen-
"Run! RUN!"

Anywhoo, I noticed the new thread is up for the TCM, so I decided to make 4 girls for it. Random girls, just to add onto the options.

4Girls.png

Thankies to Snapdragon and Xanthier, who helped me with some ideas for two of them. And thankies to StellarWind, who gave me the idea for glasses. =3 I'm really pleased with how the cargo pants came out.

I'll also be making a batch of 4 boys as well later on, and then sometime during the week make another batch of both.

Heh...batch. I sound like I'm making cookies. Hmm...which I should sometime tomorrow. Mmm, cookies.​

They look excellent Spriteon, the blonde girl's outfit is pretty cool and the cargo pants look great. They'll no doubt look even better when they're against other colours rather than white, since a white background detracts slightly from them due to their light outlines. Even so, the redhead is awesome.

It still amazes me how well you shade, Spriteon. You're awesome at it.
Xanth is right, BTW. On all of those accounts.
And I can't wait until you make the battle scene. >=D
My own tidbits:
The black-haired girls outfit is pretty good, blondie's is really good, though her eyes are making mine hurt, the brown-hair is sweet(I'm biased xD), and the red-head... The hand touching the glasses is a very nice touch, and the crease on her right leg(Her right) doesn't quite match the legs placement, IMO.

Just an update post of what I need to get done/what to expect to see in the future here. I haven't quite the gumption to sprite right now. My room is bloody hot and I wouldn't be able to sit here for that long without melting. XD

- Xanthier's Weavile-Girl Cosplay
- The remaining 5 of the PBR Default Characters for Kosheh and the TCM
- 4 Random Boy Templates for the TCM
- The rest of those Eeveelution cosplays I said I'd do for the TCM.
- More Pixel Arts​

Hrmm, not to bad on designs I must say, but the shading is iffy. Personally, I hate Pillow shading with a passion. If it was me, I'd change it.

I kind of have to agree with this. It's a little unrealistic in places. Otherwise, nice!

Although I do prefer regular shading (same style as D/P), than to pillow shading. I always find it more comforting to me.

And your Spinda with his pet Nibbles (or her's... I dunno...), is just plain cute. I love crazy things with sharp teath... XD

Hrmm, not to bad on designs I must say, but the shading is iffy. Personally, I hate Pillow shading with a passion. If it was me, I'd change it. Though its up to you. Also, I love your clone Charizard. Pure awesome.
[quote author=xfma_addictx / Tori link=topic=1501.msg29859#msg29859 date=1185982450]
I kind of have to agree with this. It's a little unrealistic in places. Otherwise, nice!

Although I do prefer regular shading (same style as D/P), than to pillow shading. I always find it more comforting to me.

And your Spinda with his pet Nibbles (or her's... I dunno...), is just plain cute. I love crazy things with sharp teath... XD
[/quote]

I also agree. Pillow shading for me isn't true to the way Nintendo made their sprites. The sprites are good, don't get me wrong. But its the pillow shading that gets me. But great work nonetheless.

I don't exactly remember what pillow shading is, but I absolutely HATE Nintendo's shading. It's not shading at all, it's adding a different shade here and there to make it look somewhat three-dimensional. And their heads. They're not realistic.

Just getting that out there.

Spriteon, CAN'T WAIT for the male sprites. =] If they're as good as the female ones, Woohoo! They're going to be great, I know it.

I don't exactly remember what pillow shading is, but I absolutely HATE Nintendo's shading. It's not shading at all, it's adding a different shade here and there to make it look somewhat three-dimensional. And their heads. They're not realistic.

Ahh, I just have grown up with the Nintendo Style. And art is art really. I understand how you like realism, and I love it, but not in sprites so much. It just strays from the original artwork. But that means it's unique. Unique is good, so in the end, everone wins.

And since WHEN was Nintendo realistic? have you seen Mario's face? Tis made out of plastic! But I applaud them for making Twilight Princess so realistic. It was amazing.

But I'll just say, keep up the good work, and keep your style unique to you. And I understand, Artiste :3

And since WHEN was Nintendo realistic?

You bring up good points but, if Nintendo doesn't have to be realistic, why should I?

Plus, I luffles my shading. And as long as I like it, that's all that matters.​

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Spriteon. Nice of you to volunteer. ^_^

I like your style of shading, too. 'Tis masterful. And it makes them smooth looking, which Nintendo never really figured out. Nintendo's are all blocky, ugly, non-shaded messes, whereas yours are really smooth, very well shaded, and just plain awesome. =]

Ohtays, here's the first outta three revamps I wanna do today. Venusaur is first, and I'm hella' happy how it came out. :)

VenuRevamp.png

I'll probably edit this post when Charizard and Blastoise are done. ;D​

:O

That is realllly nice :3

The only thing I have to say is that I think the eyes have to be a little brighter.

Otherwise, awsome ;D

Ooh, nice!

I've always thought that the old sprites were better, except for the idiotically terrible colors. *Shudder*

Everything I've seen from you, just is amazing. And, I like that shading, it's better than realistic, because this style POPs out of the screen. I really quite like your custom female designs (one has my hairstyle almost exactly, quite scary that it's that similar...) and can't wait for the males and the possible mixture of the 2. Really liking your Venusaur turned out, too! And the Psychotic Spinda and Nibbles, very creative, and I mean that in the good way, not the "you're absolutely crazy, I hate it" way. Also, I'm hoping that all becomes well in your life, whether it's sickness or just one of life's road-blocks. You have my wishes for all to become better! It was wonderful that you'd volunteer your time.

~Everytime I try to post here, this computer freezes up, thus I haven't been responding. It's a curse, and this computer's crappy as hell. Maybe this time it'll work. But, I've typed that everytime, and still no luck.~

Status
Not open for further replies.