• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jirachi.

¿Por que? Mainly because I kicked people butts with it in Ruby when I restarted my game and had Jirachi as my psuedo-starter...and I always thought it was a wierd duck. But really....I thought it was a duck.

EXP BOOST. yessssss.....

Lets disect the sprite, shall we?

pkrs201.gif

When I first saw it, the little ribbon things I thought were flippers and I looked at the head....And I said "why is the beak on the the top og the head??? OOoooh... Its a Ducks head upside down!!!

Yeah...w/e

And the arms look like wings...biznatch.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Jirachi will always be a silly Genie/Jester-thing to me, but now I'm going to be calling it a "Fairly Odd Parent" because of DDB XP

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Your favourite of the following... (Voting closed: March 15, 2007, 05:40:47 PM)
Mew - 12 (75%)/Celebi - 1 (6.3%)/Jirachi - 3 (18.8%)/Manaphy - 0 (0%)/Total Voters: 16

Not a single vote for Manaphy xP

----------------------------------------------------------

Another legendary trio. Vote away.

383-1.png
or
382-1.png
or
384-1.png

I went for Groudon myself. Even if it isn't the most attractive creature, and Rayquaza is fairly cool looking, Groudon stole my heart by being the first Ground-type legendary, not to mention that its movements in 3D are bloody cute. It flaps its arms! FLAPS, DAMMIT! Too cute... ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Anyways, I thought that a simple Pokemon1 vs. Pokemon2 type of poll could be used. Maybe even make a tournament sort of thing out of it? In fact I might try doing it.

Heh. Y'know, we haven't done a lot of these, and originally those sorts of polls were the reason why I started this thread in the first place. Meangreen may have vanished into the shadows... as usual XD ... but we can still use his idea, eh?

Anyone want to start chucking out random 1on1 Pokemon match ups?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
True, but look at the other two. Kyogre's ability gives Thunder 100% accuracy, and Groudon's erases Solar Beam's charge turn (which, mind, can be good for both of them, but could also backfire)...

They all have their issues xp

Really don't know which to choose. I all like and dislike them equally! ^_^;;

I'm going with Rayquaza for now. Why? Well, Emerald was cool...and it's a green snake that lives in the sky. *nod nod* I also recently had to RP as one in a situation where I was controlling one Mary-Sue's FAVORITE dragon (or one of them...the person liked any dragon, really), and since her blathering (the person, not the character) about how she loved dragons annoyed the heck outta me (that and her Mary-Sues)...I got to have Rayquaza verbally tear her, her idiotic dragons, and her Mary-Sue-ness to shreds.

It was fun.

So, although that person has made me cringe at a type I once liked, I have respect for The Large Green Thing from that one RP. ^_^

Heh. Y'know, we haven't done a lot of these, and originally those sorts of polls were the reason why I started this thread in the first place. Meangreen may have vanished into the shadows... as usual XD ... but we can still use his idea, eh?

Anyone want to start chucking out random 1on1 Pokemon match ups?

Okay, how about Roserade vs. Togekiss? Then have Honchkrow vs. Mismagius. Next is Gallade vs. Froslass. Finally, we have the winners of those polls be in one poll together!

Do Chatot VS. Buizel...the two first Sinnoh-only confirmed-non-Legendary lines!

Or maybe Shuckle VS. Dunsparce...can't get more random than a Shuckle and a Dunsparce!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
A few I've considered are Magmortor vs Electivire, Gardevior vs Gallade, Frosslass vs Glalie, Zangoose vs Seviper, Blaziken vs Charizard, Leafeon vs Glaceon, etc. We could also do match ups for the new evolutions, ie. Yanma vs Yanmega, Togetic vs Togekiss, Rhydon vs Rhyperior, Lickitung vs Lickilicky, yatta yatta.

I wonder if its worth making a topic solely for these 1 on 1 match-ups?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Your favourite of the following... (Voting closed: March 21, 2007, 10:44:59 AM)
Groudon - 2 (18.2%)/Kyogre - 3 (27.3%)/Rayquaza - 6 (54.5%)/Total Voters: 11

----------------------------------------------------------

New poll is up. First of the straight 1on1 verses as suggested by DDB:

429-1.png
VS
430-1.png

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I don't have to tell you what I voted for. Because those who know me well enough would know who got my vote and why. >> *mumbles to himself and leaves.*

I'd have to pick Mismagius. Its name is cool and the witch's hat form head is too cool. Honchkrow is pretty good though. I'll be giving it back its Japanese name. Both will be making an appearence on my teams. I'm a fan of both ghost and dark types.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Honchkrow is pretty good though. I'll be giving it back its Japanese name.

I'll have a Honchkrow probably, too, and name it OldLadySem ;)

Btw, I voted for it. Murkrow was in desperate need of an evo, and I'm glad to see that it finally got one :p

I voted Honchkrow because the name was better than what I predicted while Mismagius was a worser sounding name than what I predicted. Honchkrow has a type advantage over Mismagius and Murkrow need an evolution much more than Misdrevus did.

Mismagius (izzat the English name? Did I get it right? Gaah, I can never remember the English names...) is cooler. It is awesome looking. Sooooo awesome looking. And it's one of my favorite Pokemon...evolved! 8D

It's just cooler. *nod nod*

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Mismagius all the way. ^_^ Both of these two needed an Evolution desperately, and I'm sorry, but Honchkrow still looks like a pompous old lady mixed with a drug dealer. >>

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
So um, Link, are you going to continue with my idea and do Roserade vs. Togekiss after this poll blows over and then Froslass vs. Gallade th following week?

Sure, why not?

Although, I don't really see the connection between Roserade and Togekiss... ^^;

Honchkrow totally wins this one for me just because of his depiction in PBR. He looks so much like a Mafia boss, it isn't funny. Or rather, it is and that's why I'm voting for him. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Which do you like more? (Voting closed: Today at 03:46:37 PM)
Mismagius - 9 (60%)
Honchkrow - 6 (40%)
Total Voters: 15

------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up:

1-407-1.png
VS
468-1.png

Definitely Roserade. I'm sorry but Togekiss doesn't have a neck. I happen to be fond of necks. And it just looks too short. I adore Roselia and I can't wait to get its pre-evolution and evolution. Roserade just looks awesome to me. Like something Poison Ivy from The Batman might create.

I like Roserade. I haven't seen much of Togekiss...and I have a Budew/Subomii on my team right now. So I'm Roserade all the way! It's cool, anyways. *hugs*