• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I woke up this morning, put my feet on the floor, and felt a wet squish. I got out of bed and found a damp trail in my carpet leading to the window. My room is in the basement, my windows are ground level, and it has been raining nonstop for the last four days. But it wasn't my windows that sprung a leak. They are very well fortified because of their location preventing them from letting water in. The water seeped in through my floor which means there is a breach in the foundation somewhere! This is going to be a bitch to clean up and fix! >=O

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Drumroll please... :D
IMG_20140502_004433.jpg

And with that the 'Dex is complete. I got my shiny charm for completing it... maybe that means I'll finally find a shiny in X and Y :V

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And with that the 'Dex is complete. I got my shiny charm for completing it... maybe that means I'll finally find a shiny in X and Y :V

:o

Congrats, Magpie! :D

I'd been putting off completing my 'dex because I didn't realize that the Shiny Charm was given for completing the National Dex. I was under the impression that you only received something special for completing the Kalos Dex with all Kalos natively caught Pokemon (which I haven't bothered to do yet). If such isn't the case after all.... Mass PokeTransferring after work today! >:D

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'd been putting off completing my 'dex because I didn't realize that the Shiny Charm was given for completing the National Dex. I was under the impression that you only received something special for completing the Kalos Dex with all Kalos natively caught Pokemon (which I haven't bothered to do yet). If such isn't the case after all.... Mass PokeTransferring after work today! >:D
I didn't realise until after I'd done it, haha. I just thought I'd Google if you got anything for completing and was pleasantly surprised :D I also received the Oval Charm for completing the Kalos 'Dex, which is nice to have even though most of my breeding is done now :)

PokeTransferring Go! >:D

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
After constantly praising the game, and nearly 4 months since it's US release of the game, I have finally beaten Bravely Default! :D I have to say, I love the ending. I'm not going to post spoilers, but the way they wrap up the game, then immediately after present you with a teaser of the sequel is just perfect. This game is by far my favorite game of 2014(um, 2012?), and none of you can possibly fathom my excitement for Bravely Second. e3e If they don't reveal a US release at E3, I WILL cry.
I have no idea what to do with my life until then. ;-;

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Wait, there's gonna be a sequel to Bravely Default? I haven't even got the first one. ;-; I want it so bad.
Yesh. So far, it's Japan-only, titled Bravely Second. It introduces a new character named Magnolia, and is supposed to take place several years after the first game. Considering the success of BD in the west, I'm sure it'll come to us eventually, but I want to know when. ;-; I NEED to know when.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
I'm waiting for my dad to finish up Bravely Default so that I can try it out. I hear it's a lot like Final Fantasy, which I'm a huge fan of, so I'm very excited to play it.

...AP History Test. Wednesday, May 14th, 2014. Five days and eight hours away. 80 Multiple choice questions, two free-response essays and one DBQ essay, all timed....Ohgodohgodohgod *ENTERING TEST ANXIETY-INDUCED TRIPLING OF THE STUDY TIME*.

APUSH exam complete, mentally exhausted. I did reasonably well on the multiple-choice questions, and excellent on the DBQ, but the Free Response essays...less than great, to be honest. I was running out of time and had to rush both of them, but they weren't absolutely horrible. Ultimately, I feel like I could have done better, but I do believe I did a pretty good job, and I definitely passed!

Still have that post-test anxiety, but it has lessened considerably after reading something my history teacher gave us in class today. This is a list of the dumbest/funniest/most interesting things spotted on last year's APUSH essays. I've cut some off, but a good number of them are still here:

Question 1(DBQ): About the rise of big business from 1870-1900.

-The Carnegies and Rockefellers towered economically, like Hagrid over a working-class Umbridge.

-The cost of living during this time changed jurasically.

-According to Documents A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J, big business was big.

-The unsanitary food led to the publication of the Jungle Book.

-Some women even slept inside the t-shirt factory while it burned.

-Monopolies were stopped by the Anti-Sherman Act.

-Politicians favored a lazy fair economy.

Question 2: About how the French and Indian War impacted the relationship between the colonies and Great Britain during 1754-1776.

-The Declaration of Independence said that we would govern ourselves and Great Britain could go suck it.

-As a result of the Tea Act, Nathaniel Bacon and his followers burned down Jamestown.

-France and India worked together to beat the British.

-Basically, King George was being a giant prick.

-Colonists protested taxation without reputitation.

-Samuel Adams took time out of his busy day brewing beer to found the Sons of Liberty.

-Britain passed the Navigation Acts of 1861.

-After the French and Indian War, James Smith wedded Pocahontas.

-During the Seven Years War, which lasted from 1754 to 1768...

-The colonists dumped the tea into Pearl Harbor.

-The French and Indian War was ended by the Treaty of Versatilities.

-At the Boston Massacre, colonists were throwing ice and lobsters at British troops.

-The Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 1774.

-Shaking up a Coke bottle is never advisable, especially if you plan to drop a Mentos inside. Unless you're trying to cause an explosion, you'll unpleasantly be faced with a large, sticky mess to clean up. Unfortunately, Coke and Mentos were not invented in 1763, so the British could not learn that lesson.

-The Sons of Liberty were responsible for the Boston Tea Massacre.

-During the Boston Tea Party, the colonists bombed the harbor...with tea.

Question 3: About how westward expansion affected relations between the North and South during 1800-1850.

-I think the South kept slaves just to make the North mad.

-John Brown failed at Harpers Fairy.

-There was an equal number of free states and slave states in the 13 colonies.

-In the War of1812, tanks helped the North beat the South.

-Peggy Eaton made herself very available to government officials.

-Those who could see the West began salivating.

-Manifest Destiny said that the world was our godforsaken right.

-Recent studies have shown that Abraham Lincoln was a vampire hunter. And everyone knows that southern planters were vampires using human slaves to do their bidding.

-North Caroline was the first state to succeed.

-Harry Truman led many slaves to freedom.

-Pioneers moved west on the Organ Trail.

-States like Canada and Arizona were allowed to vote on the question of slavery.

-As a result of the Three-Fifths Compromise, slaves could only vote 60% of the time.

Question 4: About the origins and outcomes of the intense cultural conflicts of the 1920's, focusing on Immigration, Prohibition, and Religion.

-Al Pacino was a famous bootlicker.

-In response to the immigrants, they passed the Alien Seduction acts.

--The famous case of Scopes v. Monkey was about evolution.

-Young adults could pick up women without meeting their parents. They would then go out and do unreligious things.

-Immigrants brought diseases, but worst of all, they brought their religions.

-Prohibition was a fight against boos.

-When I think of the 1920's, I think of Boardwalk Empire. Have you SEEN that show???

-The 1920's were like a lap dance in an atheist rock bar.

-Procreation led to the creation of speakeasies.

-America was becoming a blender for bodies.

-In the early '20s, blacks made up a majority of the slave population.

-We became a nation where sex was a thing for fun and could be purchased. We went from "celibate" to "sell-a-butt."

-Many Irish and German immigrants came from Ireland.

-Drugs in the 1920's messed with many people's head and changed their views on religion. They thought that God was okay with drugs.

-To protest drinking, Carrie Nation would go around to bars with a hatchet and cut off people's hands.

-People were partying all the time, women were basically just putting out all over the place, and many other things.

Question 5: About comparing and contrasting the Cold War foreign policies of two of three presidents: Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, and Richard Nixon.

-Eisenhower threatened massive retardation on the Soviets.

-Nixon continued Andrew Johnson's policies on Vietnam.

-JFK allowed Nixon to be president during the moon landing.

-Nixon was always throwing up peace signs-this says a lot about his foreign policy.

-McCarthyism inspired literature like The Scarlet Letter.

-During the Civil War, both sides built nukes.

-The scariest 12 days of the Cold War were during the Cuban Missile Crisis; this is why the time period is known simply as "The 13 Days."

-Eisenhower had millions of dollars sent to education for AP programs to keep America's next generation ready to fight Communists.

Miscellaneous:

-Instead of an essay, I give you...a poorly drawn kitty.

-I think I should rethink my desire to be a history teacher.

-McDonald's is the best fast food in the world. It makes me happy when I am sad and it makes fat people happy, and there are a lot of fat people in the world.

-(*traces hand on the page*) Hey AP Reader...HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!

-Congrats, you made it through my essay. Sorry about the handwriting; I know it's terrible. Just want to say that you should keep your head up...you're doing a great job! And that shirt looks terrific on you.

A few of these sent me to tears laughing as we all went over them in class.

Awoken

Formerly Jason59707
Last day of School countdown: 6 weeks
Mario Kart 8 countdown: 2 weeks 1 day
OR/AS countdown: 6 months 1 week 2 days
11th birthday countdown: 4 months 2 days

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
After not saying a word all day, I can see why Red never talks. It's actually quite nice to not worry about words.

I SHALL do this again.

*Puts on some rap music*
How'd ya like mah new avatar?

I really need to focus more. Yet another week-long test? What is this? A time paradox? Am I trapped in an infinite loop of tests? Groan.

So sleepy :( Can't seem to fall asleep despite how sleepy I am due to worry or stress, I know it's that because I'm feeling to the point of feeling like I need to throw up. I can't even think of anything I should be worried about, luckily going to the doctors tomorrow.

So my sister and I were arguing about Doctor Who vs. Pokemon time travel I eventually bring up the fact that Jirachi can use it's Wish power to rewrite paradoxes. My sister asks if Jirachi is the fairy one, to which I have to respond with "No, it's a Steel/Psychic Pokemon. THANKS, GAME FREAK!!!"

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Jegus eff, this thread has gone to the doges. <<

Much meme, very spam, so pictures. Wow. Guess it's hard to expect most of the locals to have thoughts of the moment, though.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Truer fax have very seldom been faxed.

(Although in this case they have been clearly faxed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. I wonder if this means we can feed these people's grandmothers to the Bugblatter Beast of Traal yet?)

Just popping by to say that I have been accepted as a Snare Drum player in the Drum Line of the Marching Band this year. I especially consider this to be an honor because I am the only person to be selected this year, even though I did not particularly prepare for the part. I will definitely be working harder and practicing longer from now on!

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Just popping by to say that I have been accepted as a Snare Drum player in the Drum Line of the Marching Band this year. I especially consider this to be an honor because I am the only person to be selected this year, even though I did not particularly prepare for the part. I will definitely be working harder and practicing longer from now on!
I'm in percussion, but I've never been able to do well at drums, other than Concert Bass Drum and Timpani. Whatever, I like mallets. >w< Congrats, Zekrom! I know you'd be better than me!