• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Haha! I'm sure it'll happen a lot. I still need to find emerald, make a full stack of diamonds and unlock the Pigs Might Fly achievement for riding a pig xD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Somehow, without fail, my glasses are dirty every morning, yet I clean them everyday. I've come to the conclusion that there's only one plausible answer for this phenomenon: aliens are borrowing my glasses while I'm sleeping. *Sagely nod*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Stark said:
Or its just the dust settling on them, as it does on everything. Maybe? :)

Nope. Gotta be aliens. Everything can be blamed on aliens. Or wizards. Or alien wizards. :8B:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
Stark said:
Or its just the dust settling on them, as it does on everything. Maybe? :)

Nope. Gotta be aliens. Everything can be blamed on aliens. Or wizards. Or alien wizards. :8B:
Omg you could be both right. It might be space dust :D

Going out shortly to eat Indian food for Dad'd birthday. I don't like Indian food, and spice kills me, but oh well it has to be done :D

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Only had about 3 hours sleep last night (my own fault this time) but luckily only in uni until 1pm. Already looking forward to getting back into bed.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I think Nature is on one today because THIS FOG. I've never known fog like it. It's like fog from that movie. The Fog. If I look out of my bedroom window I can barely see the house across the road :'|

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
I think Nature is on one today because THIS FOG. I've never known fog like it. It's like fog from that movie. The Fog. If I look out of my bedroom window I can barely see the house across the road :'|

The type of fog that you step into and are never heard from again, eh? Be safe, Magpie! :angel:

As for me... Exactly one week left now until I leave on vacation. Finally starting to get proper excited about it. ^_^

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Really hot weather today, makes a nice change to see the sun for once. Been shopping for my birthday presents and came across a copy of Tales of the Abyss for 3DS in my local GAME, I'd almost given up hope of ever owning the thing.

Today has so far been a good day. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh it's nice to be off work, it means I can focus on forum stuffs more and generally get other things done. I haven't been off for ages without having a reason for being off, so it's nice to just be able to relax :blush:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Stark said:
I'm wagering Katie still hasn't finished WoL :)

You'd be correct, but I'm making some very good progress now. Been playing a bit of it every night! :)

TGIF, folkses!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Trying to work out just why I appreciate my games so much more on the 3DS XL. I spent many, many happy hours playing games on my DS Lite, and the move to the original 3DS never should have bothered me, especially considering the size of the screens wasn't much, if at all, smaller. Yet, I've had my 3DS XL not even two days yet and I've spent much more time playing on it during these two days then I ever have done with my original 3DS.

I dunno, it seems odd when there wasn't too much of a difference between my 3DS and DS Lite that I never enjoyed the thing as much as my DS Lite, but I know now from getting so much enjoyment out of my XL that I really never took to the thing. It's a silly thing, but I've really noticed and been thinking about it today.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Magpie said:
Ahhhhhhh! Why can't I spell?!?!?!?! ;_______;

Isn't that my line? XD *hugs Ferne*

Usually I dislike when the clocks jump an hour forward because it screws up my internal clock but that hasn't happened this time 'round. I guess when you go to bed an hour earlier than usual and therefore wake up earlier it just seems like the usual time you'd be getting up. :)

Atma

Formerly Karu
There needs to be a cure for nightmares. Like, a vaccination. I keep thinking sure you can take mind-altering drugs but a nice, no side-effect cure would be wonderful. @.@; I think it's safe to say nobody needs more nightmares. Ever.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
So my brother and I were talking tonight and we came up with the amusing idea of doing a blind Nuzlock with X and Y when they come out. Neither of us have had a blind play-through of a game since Ruby and Sapphire because we followed the Japanese release of DP, BW, and B2W2 so this simultaneous world release is an excellent time to experiment.

Right, well, posting this here:

Because my mother is a huge and utter monumental annoyance, I am now banned from using the internet on weekdays. Which I believe us rather silly, but hey, I can't exactly argue with her, because otherwise she'll shut down the other two days.

So yeah, cut me out from anything you had planned me into, or whatever.

EDIT: Edited to be slightly nicer, because I can be a drama queen when I'm angry

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I feel very sleepy tonight for some reason, but I just can't bring myself to go to bed so early. It's cold though, and my bed, it calls to me~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Psycho Monkey said:
So my brother and I were talking tonight and we came up with the amusing idea of doing a blind Nuzlock with X and Y when they come out. Neither of us have had a blind play-through of a game since Ruby and Sapphire because we followed the Japanese release of DP, BW, and B2W2 so this simultaneous world release is an excellent time to experiment.
Does that mean you are going to avoid spoilers too? As in, the Pokemon that are released as part of the public announcements by Nintendo themselves. That would really be the way to go into it blind (granted, you would have to thread very lightly around here if you did that). Even still, I suppose, you would probably only end up knowing of a small portion of the Pokemon. Nor any of the contents of the Regional Dex, as we don't know if that will be more like Gen IV or V.

I'm actually really looking forward to playing a game relatively blind as well. Obviously as soon as (though most likely shortly before, because things have a way of leaking) the games come out the full Dex entries will be plastered all over the place. I think when I get it, I'll go Pokemon internet M.I.A. for a week or two. Until I've beaten the Elite Four and the main campaign.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Stark said:
My HoTS didn't arrive today </3

That's a shame. :( Wishing you the best for tomorrow! :)

I was able to hold HotS's collector edition yesterday but couldn't have it (*fistshakes at street date laws*). It's such a pretty box. ;_; Although once all of the contents of said pretty box have been emptied I'll likely have no idea where to display the bloody thing. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Stark said:
My HoTS arried today! ♥

(Courier instead of main post)

The collectors edition contents are really nice, Katie.

w00t! Congrats. It wouldn't have been right with me having it before you. :D

Happy to hear that the set has lived up to your expectations too. I'm really looking forward to picking up mine after work.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Stark said:
My HoTS arried today! ♥

(Courier instead of main post)

Gods bless the couriers when they come through xD

So I never got the chance to see Les Miserables in the cinema due to not really having anyone else interested in going (cries inside) but my mum got me an old copy of a previous adaptation. It was in Black and White so I got all excited... and then there was no singing. No singing! -_-

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I just assumed they were all based on the musical, which is my bad I suppose xD

I'd love to see the actual musical, Phantom of the Opera and The Lion King were amazing, but it means traveling down to London... and finding someone else who wants to see it. Maybe one day :D

I've been writing a lot lately and my normal Guinea Pig isn't answering me. I need someone to read what I have so far and give me feedback. Uck I hate not being confidant in my stuff. :(

Well, with 3rd Quarter of school drawing to a close, maybe I won't be quite as busy now. I just wish could get over this back-and-forth of being healthy and then feeling somewhat sick.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Happy Charms Day, and happy 10th anniversary to Pokécharms! We've got some fun stuff for today, so be sure to keep an eye on the news...