• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation (Discussion)

I'd be interested, will work on the character sheets and hopefully be accepted for the second arc, was thinking Legendkin as the type @kyuukestu
That sounds great! Once you've decided on your specific legend then feel free to post the Bio to the thread so I can review it and accept or change as necessary. There are a few others I'm also expecting to join in the second arc.

Though, @Sky5372 & @EeviumZ , do you think you'll be able to have your bios in by tomorrow? I plan to upload the Role Play thread either tonight or tomorrow, though I can delay until tomorrow if you believe you're almost done working on your characters.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Hopefully. I have my Pre-Oscillation bio done, I'm still trying to decide what I want to do for Post-Oscillation. I'm almost thinking an angel (because everyone knows Eevium looooooves her cliches!) but I'm not sure exactly how to interpret their abilities.

Pre Oscillation

Name: Ashley Lina Silver

Physical Features: She stands 5'8", weighing about 155 lbs, she has an overall voluptuous figure, her hair is Silver, and her eyes are baby blue.

Appearance: Her everyday clothes are a longsleeve shirt, light green in color and a pair of jeans, with tennis shoes. She wears a ring on her left ring finger, worn in memory of her mother.

Personality: She is a very determined and protective individual, and a bit on the flirtatious side.

Post Oscillation

Name: Ashley Silver
Kinship: Legend
Myth/Legend: Aife (The Rival of Scathach, Irish Mythology, Ulster Cycle)

Physical Features: Ashley has remained much the same, she became slightly slimmer, but that's because she grew about an inch and a half, her eyes are green instead of baby blue, and her hair is now Red instead of silver.

Appearance: Her clothes have taken some tears, but for some reason some sort of armor appeared under them.

Personality: Not Much has changed, Ashley's Determination has increased and the flirtatiousness

Mythos: Irish Mythology, Specifically the Ulster Cycle, Aife was a warrior and the sister/rival of Scathach. She showed up to fight Scathach towards the end of Cuchulain's training, Aife and Scathach fought, but for about an hour before Cuchulain stepped in as Scathach's champion, the fight was going nowhere, Aife couldn't win, neither could Cuchulain, until Cu distracted her and won. He asked Aife to bear him a son, and she did, Cu left her shortly after Connla was born, and when the boy decided to find his father, Aife instructed three things when she gave him the ring, one, don't identify yourself to anyone, two, do not step aside to anyone, and three never back down from a battle.

Abilities

Knowledge of the Warrior (Passive): Ashley picked up the knowledge of a warrior of the Ulster Cycle, like Chariot riding, Swordsmanship, Hand to Hand Combat, Archery. Due to Ashley's influence, her oscillation, The Chariot riding skill can apply to modern automobiles, but of a lesser skill level.

The Three Gease Ring (Active skill): This ring has taken the form of Ashley's mother's engagement ring, worn on her left ring finger, it has three commands from when Aife gave the ring to Connla, First Command: Do not identify yourself, Second, do not side step from anyone, and third, do not back down from a challenge.

Rune Magic (Active skill): Some Celtic warriors from the Ulster, more those who learned from Scathach, could possibly use this. Three currently can be used, first one, Called Fehu, increases strength and Power by one rank, lasts ten minutes. Second called Laguz, can heal superficial wounds, can only be used about once every ten minutes. Last she knows is the Reverse of Othilla, which can cause enslavement, but can be resisted by those of high enough control Resistance.

Stats

Power: Average

Strength: Above Average

Defense

Toughness: Above Average

Resilience: Above Average with certain extent of Rune Magic.

Dexterity

Speed: Above Average (Fought Cuchulain toe on toe until distracted)

Agility: Average

Quickness: Average

Energy

Constitution: Below Average

Stamina: Well Above Average

Endurance: Well Above Average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Low

Physical Resistances: Well Above Average

Note: Physical Resistance does not directly affect one's 'durability'. It instead refers to abilities that absorb or deflect damage. Examples of things that would affect Physical Resistance include, but are not limited to, shields or armor.

Control Resistances: Above Average

Penetration: Above Average

I hope this is good @kyuukestu

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for misleading you all but this week so far has made it clear that I can’t balance all my rps with my real life so I’m gonna have to drop this one before it even starts. If things slow down I’d be happy to rejoin down the road!

Pre Oscillation

Name: Ashley Lina Silver

Physical Features: She stands 5'8", weighing about 155 lbs, she has an overall voluptuous figure, her hair is Silver, and her eyes are baby blue.

Appearance: Her everyday clothes are a longsleeve shirt, light green in color and a pair of jeans, with tennis shoes. She wears a ring on her left ring finger, worn in memory of her mother.

Personality: She is a very determined and protective individual, and a bit on the flirtatious side.

Post Oscillation

Name: Ashley Silver
Kinship: Legend
Myth/Legend: Aife (The Rival of Scathach, Irish Mythology, Ulster Cycle)

Physical Features: Ashley has remained much the same, she became slightly slimmer, but that's because she grew about an inch and a half, her eyes are green instead of baby blue, and her hair is now Red instead of silver.

Appearance: Her clothes have taken some tears, but for some reason some sort of armor appeared under them.

Personality: Not Much has changed, Ashley's Determination has increased and the flirtatiousness

Mythos: Irish Mythology, Specifically the Ulster Cycle, Aife was a warrior and the sister/rival of Scathach.

Abilities

Knowledge of the Warrior (Passive): Ashley picked up the knowledge of a warrior of the Ulster Cycle, like Chariot riding, Swordsmanship, Hand to Hand Combat, Archery. Due to Ashley's influence, her oscillation, The Chariot riding skill can apply to modern automobiles, but of a lesser skill level.

The Three Gease Ring (Active skill): This ring has taken the form of Ashley's mother's engagement ring, worn on her left ring finger, it has three commands from when Aife gave the ring to Connla, First Command: Do not identify yourself, Second, do not side step from anyone, and third, do not back down from a challenge.

Rune Magic (Active skill): Some Celtic warriors from the Ulster, more those who learned from Scathach, could possibly use this.

Stats

Power: Average

Defense

Resilience: Above Average with certain extent of Rune Magic.

Dexterity

Speed: Above Average (Fought Cuchulain toe on toe until distracted)

Agility: Average

Quickness: Average

Energy

Constitution: Below Average

Stamina: Well Above Average

Endurance: Well Above Average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Low

Physical Resistances: Well Above Average

Note: Physical Resistance does not directly affect one's 'durability'. It instead refers to abilities that absorb or deflect damage. Examples of things that would affect Physical Resistance include, but are not limited to, shields or armor.

Penetration: Above Average

I hope this is good @kyuukestu
I would need more within the Myth section. I'm vaguely aware of her being in the Ulster Cycle, but the Myth section needs to have an actual summary of her Myths and Stories so that we know where the gist of her powers are coming from.

I would also need an explanation on 'Rune Magic' and what it would allow her to do.

I was advised to post a bio by @kyuukestu even though they are not being accepted at this time.
Name: Marcus Kosika
Physical Features: Marcus is an imposing figure, standing at 6'3" and weighing about 200 pounds. His light brown skin is drawn taught over his muscled physique, and his perpetually-sleepy-looking brown eyes compliment the shade nicely. Marcus keeps his somewhat-nappy hair almost shaved on the sides and short on the top, close to a box cut in style.
Appearance: Marcus' outfits can change day to day, but two things remain consistent: his gold chain with a St. Mary pendant, and his two silver rings on his right ring and pinky fingers.
Personality: Marcus is incredibly calm, with a reassuring quality akin to descriptions of Jay Gatsby from the classic novel bearing his name. It takes a lot to get him going about anything, and some mistake his lack of reaction for a lack of passion. Marcus is nothing if not passionate however, but he prefers to keep his passion to himself. He is incredibly self-motivated, something necessary for an endurance sport like rowing. As one of the best rowers on the school team, Marcus has some leadership experience but prefers to let others take charge.
Name: Marcus Kosika
Kinship: Legendkin
Myth/Legend: Archangel Raphael

Physical Features: Marcus gained two inches of height and 25 pounds of muscle after the Oscillation, not to mention a pair of brilliant white wings with a 12 foot wingspan. His eyes have gone from brown and sleepy to gold and alert, and people around him swear that they can see a circular golden glow around his head.

Appearance: With his wings now in the way, Marcus has to cut slits into the backs of any clothes that he wears. He still wears the same jewelry.

Personality: Marcus stepped up after the Oscillation, putting his reassuring vibes to use by becoming the leader that he never felt the need to be pre-Oscillation.

Mythos: In Christianity, the Archangel Rapheal is one of the three most powerful Angels in Heaven. While Gabriel may be thought of as the Messenger and Michael as the Warrior, Raphael is the Healer. His sphere of influence encompasses medicine, healing, and those who practice either. He is revered as a protector of sailors, and one of the Devil's chief enemies.

• (Active) Marcus' touch can instantly put others at ease if he wills it.
  • (Passive) Marcus is highly resistant to any ability that would alter his state of mind (Demoralization, memory clouding, etc.)
  • (Passive) Marcus' senses are incredibly enhanced, to the point that he can hear the blood flowing and feel the vibrations from the heartbeat of a person standing across the room.
  • (Active) When in a state of prayer or deep meditation, Marcus can consult with the other two Archangels. This can take any form that communicates thought/words/actions to Marcus.
  • (Active) Marcus can heal any wound on any person by touching it and willing it to happen. This comes at a great initial cost of his own energy and a continued lower cost as the healing takes place.
  • (Passive) Marcus' touch burns any undead in the same way that holy water may.
  • (Active) Marcus can call on the sunlight during the day and form it into beams of energy. These beams of energy are like a highly concentrated magnifying glass, and are incredibly hot to the touch.
  • (Passive) Marcus' strength is enhanced to super-human levels when in direct sunlight.
  • Marcus is able to fly using his wings. The wings are incredibly strong, strong enough to lift his body off the ground, and durable enough to be used as offensive weapons. They can sustain slow flight for a considerable amount of time, and fast flight for much shorter periods.

Force:
  • Power: High
  • Strength: Above Average
Defense:
  • Toughness: Above Average
  • Resilience: Above Average
Dexterity:
  • Speed: Below Average
  • Agility: High
  • Quickness: Average
Energy:
  • Constitution: Above Average
  • Stamina: Average
  • Endurance: High
Tenacity:
  • Elemental Resistances: Extremely Low
  • Physical Resistances: Below Average
  • Control Resistances: Extremely High
  • Penetration: Very Low
I'll happily make any changes.

Last edited:
I was advised to post a bio by @kyuukestu even though they are not being accepted at this time.
Name: Marcus Dipluma
Physical Features: Marcus is an imposing figure, standing at 6'3" and weighing about 200 pounds. His light brown skin is drawn taught over his muscled physique, and his perpetually-sleepy-looking brown eyes compliment the shade nicely. Marcus keeps his somewhat-nappy hair almost shaved on the sides and short on the top, close to a box cut in style.
Appearance: Marcus' outfits can change day to day, but two things remain consistent: his gold chain with a St. Mary pendant, and his two silver rings on his right ring and pinky fingers.
Personality: Marcus is incredibly calm, with a reassuring quality akin to descriptions of Jay Gatsby from the classic novel bearing his name. It takes a lot to get him going about anything, and some mistake his lack of reaction for a lack of passion. Marcus is nothing if not passionate however, but he prefers to keep his passion to himself. He is incredibly self-motivated, something necessary for an endurance sport like rowing. As one of the best rowers on the school team, Marcus has some leadership experience but prefers to let others take charge.
Name: Marcus Dipluma
Myth/Legend: Archangel Raphael

Physical Features: Marcus gained two inches of height and 25 pounds of muscle after the Oscillation, not to mention a pair of brilliant white wings with a 12 foot wingspan. His eyes have gone from brown and sleepy to gold and alert, and people around him swear that they can see a circular golden glow around his head.

Appearance: With his wings now in the way, Marcus has to cut slits into the backs of any clothes that he wears. He still wears the same jewelry.

Personality: Marcus stepped up after the Oscillation, putting his reassuring vibes to use by becoming the leader that he never felt the need to be pre-Oscillation.

Mythos: In Christianity, the Archangel Rapheal is one of the three most powerful Angels in Heaven. While Gabriel may be thought of as the Messenger and Michael as the Warrior, Raphael is the Healer. His sphere of influence encompasses medicine, healing, and those who practice either. He is revered as a protector of sailors, and one of the Devil's chief enemies.

• (Active) Marcus' touch can instantly put others at ease.
  • (Passive) Marcus is, essentially, immune to any ability that would alter his state of mind (Demoralization, memory clouding, etc.)
  • (Passive) Marcus' senses are incredibly enhanced, to the point that he can hear the blood flowing and feel the vibrations from the heartbeat of a person standing across the room.
  • Marcus' touch can heal any wound, at the cost of his own energy. The greater the wound, the longer it takes to heal and the more energy is drained from Marcus. Marcus' own wounds heal without draining his energy.
  • Marcus' touch burns any undead in the same way that holy water may.
  • (Active) Marcus can call on the sunlight during the day and form it into beams of energy. These beams of energy are like a highly concentrated magnifying glass, and are incredibly hot to the touch.
  • (Passive) Marcus' strength is enhanced to super-human levels when in direct sunlight.
  • Marcus is able to fly using his wings. The wings are incredibly strong, strong enough to lift his body off the ground, and durable enough to be used as offensive weapons.

Force:
  • Power: High
  • Strength: Above Average
Defense:
  • Toughness: Above Average
  • Resilience: Above Average
Dexterity:
  • Speed: Average
  • Agility: Extremely High
  • Quickness: High
Energy:
  • Constitution: Above Average
  • Stamina: Above Average
  • Endurance: Extremely High
Tenacity:
  • Elemental Resistances: Low
  • Physical Resistances: Average
  • Penetration: Low
I'll happily make any changes.
First off, it's a good bio through and through, I quite like the character...though you may have stolen Eevium's angel plan lel.

I do still have a few changes though.

(Active) Marcus' touch can instantly put others at ease.

If it happens whenever he touches someone then this should be a passive skill rather than an active skill.
  • (Passive) Marcus is, essentially, immune to any ability that would alter his state of mind (Demoralization, memory clouding, etc.)
Straight immunity wouldn't be allowed, though high resistance is completely fine.
  • Marcus' touch burns any undead in the same way that holy water may.
This also appears to be a passive ability since it would happen without specifically activating a skill.
  • Agility: Extremely High

• Endurance: Extremely High

Three extremely high stats is a bit much and the two Lows you have wouldn't really balance them. You would need to lower Agility or Endurance to High or Very High.

Marcus' touch can heal any wound, at the cost of his own energy. The greater the wound, the longer it takes to heal and the more energy is drained from Marcus. Marcus' own wounds heal without draining his energy.
Limitless healing of himself is a bit much as well. All healing would need to cost energy or he'd functionally be nigh-immortal.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Here's pre-oscillation. If anyone wants to give me a suggestion for what I should do for post-oscillation, let me know.

Name: Luna Novis

Physical Features:
5'6 tall. Slim build. Pale blonde hair, green eyes. Very light freckles. Pale complexion.

Appearance: [Optional]
Luna typically wears a pale teal t-shirt underneath a thin white sweater, along with a white skirt, black tights, and off-white flats. She has pierced ears, and typically wears small dangling earrings with tiny stars dangling from each ear. She's never seen without her necklace, a simple silver chain with a pendant containing a sapphire.

Personality:
Luna is... strange, to say the least. She takes life slowly, and does everything in her own unique way. She's not necessarily shy, but she's not super outgoing either. She doesn't really conform to social norms, and doesn't really have many friends - but once you do befriend her, she's truly a kind person. She comes off as very quirky - and sometimes even creepy at times - and rarely speaks out of turn.

First off, it's a good bio through and through, I quite like the character...though you may have stolen Eevium's angel plan lel.

I do still have a few changes though.

If it happens whenever he touches someone then this should be a passive skill rather than an active skill.

Straight immunity wouldn't be allowed, though high resistance is completely fine.

This also appears to be a passive ability since it would happen without specifically activating a skill.

Three extremely high stats is a bit much and the two Lows you have wouldn't really balance them. You would need to lower Agility or Endurance to High or Very High.

Limitless healing of himself is a bit much as well. All healing would need to cost energy or he'd functionally be nigh-immortal.
Fixed it. It's been a while since I've made an OC with a stat sheet so I wasn't completely sure how to balance it out.

Question. If I wanted to do something like, say, a Greek goddess, specifically Iris (the personification of the rainbow), but there aren't many stories about said goddess, could I sort of.. make up her abilities, I guess?
I would need to know where you're getting the abilities from, so you're better off going with a myth who has at least a few stories.

I was gonna have Adrian look in the mirror at his vampiric self and see his 'monster form' on the other side, but then I remembered it might not work because Vampires don't have reflections.
I was actually gonna do something similar, that's why I had her take a stop in the bathroom xD

Though you could always have one of the other students notice. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but the Oscillation doesn't affect everybody, just a select few. Our OCs won't be the only ones affected by the Oscillation, but we'll likely by the only Mythickin and Legendkin, since they're rather rare.

Though I'm sure a student or two may be familiar with how he looks or just look at the school photos and compare what he looks like now compared to him in the photo.

Edit: Now that I see how Adrian might handle his Monster form, I can't stop comparing it to Eddie and Venom.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Name: Luna Novis
Myth/Legend: Athena, Greek Goddess of War and Wisdom

Physical Features: (Changed by the Oscillation)
Very little changes about Luna in her transformation. Her eyes take on a more steely-gray tone, and she grows a few inches taller. She gains a silvery sword and shield, and her hair lengthens slightly. However, she does gain armor, as Athena was said to be born with it.

Personality: (Changed by the Oscillation)
Luna doesn't change too noticeably, but you'll definitely see her differences if you knew her well before hell broke loose. She becomes quite a bit more confident, and gains a slightly more formal demeanor. Her compassion remains, however, and she's still generally kind.

Mythos:
Athena was the Greek goddess ruling over war and wisdom. One of the most famous Greek gods, she was said to protect the Greek people with her power and skill. Known as a companion of heroes, Athena was the patron goddess of heroic endeavor, and was said to be a fierce and ruthless battler.

Skill Sheet:
Enhanced Physicality (Passive): Both due to her status as a god and her experience in conflict, it is easy to infer that she possessed strength greater than a typical mortal.

Warrior's Touch (Passive?): She has far greater strength and skill with weapons than normal human beings.

Transmutation (Active): In one of the most well-known myths about Athena, she transformed the audacious young woman Arachne into a spider after Arachne insulted her and the gods. She also was the goddess who transformed Medusa into a hideous Gorgon.

Enhanced Wisdom (Passive): Athena was said to be very wise and intelligent, and embodied rational thought. It can be inferred that she had far greater intelligence than the normal.

Touch of Insanity (Active): In a certain myth, Athena gave birth to Ericthonius, a half-man and half-serpent. She put the infant in a chest and gave it to others to watch over, forbidding them to open it. If they did, she drove them insane as punishment.

Stats:
Force

Power: Above Average

Defense

Resilience: Above Average

Dexterity

Speed: Above Average

Agility: High

Quickness: High

Energy

Constitution: Extremely High

Stamina: High

Endurance: Above Average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Average

Physical Resistances: Above Average

Penetration: High

Last edited:
Touch of Insanity (Active): In a certain myth, Athena gave birth to Ericthonius, a half-man and half-serpent. She put the infant in a chest and gave it to others to watch over, forbidding them to open it. If they did, she drove them insane as punishment.

Athena actually wasn't the one to drive them insane in that particular myth, but there are instances of her driving people insane so this skill is O-kayed overall.

Electricity Manipulation (Active): In the source that I found, Zeus was said to have trusted Athena to wield both his aegis (shield) and his thunderbolt.
The Aegis and Zeus' thunderbolt would be considered legendary items rather than skills. So it wouldn't manifest as electrical manipulation. Sorry, but I'll have to veto this skill. However, bear in mind that there are mythological items around, though they won't be easy to find.

Force

Power: Very High

Strength: Extremely High

Defense

Resilience: Average

Dexterity

Speed: Very High

Agility: Very High

Quickness: Above Average

Energy

Constitution: Above Average

Stamina: Very High

Endurance: High

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: None in particular, Average

Physical Resistances: Possesses the Aegis (a shield), and wears a suit of armor.

Control Resistances: None in particular, Average

Athena isn't really known for excelling in any particular stat so all the High stats she has would need some justification. I would see her stats as closer to Aife's with a few of them being increased by her equipment. She's heavily associated with the spear and weaponry in general as Pallas Athena, but she's primarily the Goddess of Wisdom because Ares exists and would be more prominent as a War god.

I'd have to ask you to reconsider those stats.

My take on her stats would be:

Force

Power: Above Average

Defense

Resilience: Above Average

Dexterity

Speed: Above Average

Agility: High

Energy

Constitution: Extremely High

Stamina: High

Endurance: Above Average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Average

Physical Resistances: Above Average

You've got some flexibility there since this is just my interpretation of her, which would me a weapon-wielding all-rounded with high mental resistances as a Goddess of Wisdom, but I couldn't really see her having very high stats in Force.

With regards to the Aegis, Athena is very commonly seen as wielding it despite it actually belonging to Zeus, so I could see the Oscillation giving it to her. However, it would be the default Aegis and not the one reforged with Medusa's head.

So who’s actually involved in the first arc?
I think everyone
Everyone except for Patriot and Cmeriwether is in the first arc. I plan to have the others introduce their Ocs in the second arc, but for now, I want to keep the number of Ocs a good deal below 10.

I might even have the group split up once we go into the second arc so we can have multiple smaller groups instead of one group with 30 Ocs, which would quickly be the case if people start using their second OC slots.

After a bit of counting on my fingers, the numbers would be better if we accepted one more character. Preferably this would be another Role Player, but if no one else wants to join after a while then I'll allow someone to use their second character slot.

Feel free to invite anyone you think would be interested, but I'll have to point out that we only really have the capacity for one more person right at the moment. This could, however, change later down the line.

Name: Alexander (Alex) Leffen

Physical Features:
Alex is 5'11 and comes in at around 70 kg. He has distinctly piercing light blue eyes and a pale complexion, and has a fairly standard build, though slightly on the thinner side. His hair is light brown and fairly long, reaching down to just under his eyes.

Appearance: Alex tends to dress casually, choosing comfort and freedom of movement over appearance. He normally wears a plain t-shirt and tracksuit trousers, as well as a hoodie if he deems it necessary. A similar lack of care is put into his hair, giving it a tousled and fairly unkempt appearance.

Personality: Alex tends to keep a fairly relaxed attitude to most things. He strongly dislikes authority and being told what to do, though he generally doesn't have a problem as long as he's given a reason to do something. As a result he treats school as more of an optional choice, only going to his classes half the time and spending most of his free time roaming town. He enjoys moving around and keeps fairly active, though this is normally in the form of climbing onto rooftops, trees and the like, occasionally getting him into trouble with the law for trespassing.

Alex is slow to anger in terms of provocation, though his fuse is much shorter in cases of injustice or when dealing with bullies and the like. He has a competitive streak as well, but tries to restrain himself
Name: Alex Leffen
Kinship: Mythikin
Myth/Legend: Phoenix

Alex's previously blue eyes have become a bright fiery orange, and two wings of the same bright orange have sprouted from his back. These span around three meters in diameter and are fully flexible, being able to wrap around Alex's body and hide under clothing if necessary (though this would result in a fair bit of discomfort). His body temperature has risen significant, though not noticeable to Alex, both his skin and feathers give off heat comparable to a radiator. Despite this his metabolism has stayed unchanged, suggesting a more magical origin.

Appearance: None, although the back of his shirt is now pretty ripped up thanks to the new wings

Personality: Though still retaining a thick skin, Alex has become a lot more competitive. Most of his other personality traits have been amplified to different degrees, being far more protective of his friends and enjoying the adrenaline and excitement that before were simply parts of his regular endeavours.

Mythos:
In Ancient Greek folklore, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Some legends say it dies in a show of flames and combustion, others that it simply dies and decomposes before being born again. Most accounts say that it lived for 500 years before rebirth. Herodotus, Lucan, Pliny the Elder, Pope Clement I, Lactantius, Ovid, and Isidore of Seville are among those who have contributed to the retelling and transmission of the phoenix motif. The phoenix symbolizes renewal in general, as well as entities and concepts such as the Sun, time, the Roman Empire, Christ, and Mary.

Skill Sheet:
Cluster skill: From the Ashes
Passive skill: Rebirth
Any form of wounds can be healed upon introducing the injured part of the phoenix to an open flame, including full revival. The speed of this process depends on the heat of the fire, a basic campfire being able to fully revive the body within about three hours The However, missing body parts such as an arm or a leg cannot be regrown, although can be reattached if laid next to the original body.
Active skill: Fireblast
Summon a ball of fire between the tips of your wings and throw it forwards.
Active/Passive skill: Burning feathers
The feathers on the phoenix's wings burn with the fire of the phoenix, allowing them to melt and effectively negate any projectile thrown at them as well as burning any would-be physical attackers. Activates mostly based on instinct, and on command with practice
Passive skill: Fire aura
The power and amount of energy stored within the user is determined by the ambient temperature of the surrounding area, with room temperature acting as a baseline for all stats

Active skill: Flame Boost
While flying, user can superheat the air passing over their feathers and expel it behind them, lowering quickness and agility while drastically increasing speed.

Passive skill: Eagle eyes
The user's eyes are around 8x stronger than a normal human's, allowing the user to see great distances with perfect clarity
Stats:
Force

Power: Very high

Strength: Average

Defense

Toughness: Below average

Resilience: Extremely high

Dexterity

Speed: Extremely high (flame boost)

Agility: Very high

Energy

Constitution: average

Stamina: Low

Endurance: below average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Very low (water)/Very high (fire)

Physical Resistances: Low

Control Resistances: low

Penetration: low

Last edited:
Name: Alexander (Alex) Leffen

Physical Features:
Alex is 5'11 and comes in at around 70 kg. He has distinctly piercing light blue eyes and a pale complexion, and has a fairly standard build, though slightly on the thinner side. His hair is light brown and fairly long, reaching down to just under his eyes.

Appearance: Alex tends to dress casually, choosing comfort and freedom of movement over appearance. He normally wears a plain t-shirt and tracksuit trousers, as well as a hoodie if he deems it necessary. A similar lack of care is put into his hair, giving it a tousled and fairly unkempt appearance.

Personality: Alex tends to keep a fairly relaxed attitude to most things. He strongly dislikes authority and being told what to do, though he generally doesn't have a problem as long as he's given a reason to do something. As a result he treats school as more of an optional choice, only going to his classes half the time and spending most of his free time roaming town. He enjoys moving around and keeps fairly active, though this is normally in the form of climbing onto rooftops, trees and the like, occasionally getting him into trouble with the law for trespassing.

Alex is slow to anger in terms of provocation, though his fuse is much shorter in cases of injustice or when dealing with bullies and the like. He has a competitive streak as well, but tries to restrain himself
Name: Alex Leffen
Kinship: Mythikin
Myth/Legend: Phoenix

Alex's previously blue eyes have become a bright fiery orange, and two wings of the same bright orange have sprouted from his back. These span around two meters in diameter and are fully flexible, being able to wrap around Alex's body and hide under clothing if necessary (though this would result in a fair bit of discomfort). His body temperature has risen significant, though not noticeable to Alex, both his skin and feathers give off heat comparable to a radiator. Despite this his metabolism has stayed unchanged, suggesting a more magical origin.

Appearance: None, although the back of his shirt is now pretty ripped up thanks to the new wings

Personality: Though still retaining a thick skin, Alex has become a lot more competitive. Most of his other personality traits have been amplified to different degrees, being far more protective of his friends and enjoying the adrenaline and excitement that before were simply parts of his regular endeavours.

Mythos:
In Ancient Greek folklore, a phoenix is a long-lived bird that cyclically regenerates or is otherwise born again. Associated with the sun, a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor. Some legends say it dies in a show of flames and combustion, others that it simply dies and decomposes before being born again. Most accounts say that it lived for 500 years before rebirth. Herodotus, Lucan, Pliny the Elder, Pope Clement I, Lactantius, Ovid, and Isidore of Seville are among those who have contributed to the retelling and transmission of the phoenix motif. The phoenix symbolizes renewal in general, as well as entities and concepts such as the Sun, time, the Roman Empire, Christ, and Mary.

Skill Sheet:
Cluster skill: From the Ashes
Passive skill: Rebirth
Any form of wounds can be healed upon introducing the full body of the phoenix to an open flame, including full revival. The speed of this process depends on the heat of the fire, a basic campfire being able to fully revive the body within about three hours The However, missing body parts such as an arm or a leg cannot be regrown, although can be reattached if laid next to the original body.
Active skill: Fireblast
Summon a ball of fire between the tips of your wings and throw it forwards.
Passive skill: Fire aura
The power and amount of energy is determined by the ambient temperature of the surrounding area, with room temperature acting as a baseline

Stats:
Force

Power: Very high

Strength: Above average

Defense

Toughness: Below average

Resilience: Extremely high

Dexterity

Speed: High

Agility: Extremely high

Energy

Constitution: average

Stamina: Low

Endurance: Average

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Very low (water)/Very high (fire)

Physical Resistances: Low

Control Resistances: Average

Penetration: Average
I would low agility a bit, but other than that looking good!

Though I notice a lack of...abilities in general. Are you just going for general tossing fireballs and the rebirth through fire motif? It's a pretty powerful skill in the right circumstances, though beware things that can extinguish your flame as you'll not be nearly as resilient against them.

I take it his high resilience is some kind of fire-form? I'd like a few more of those things laid out in the skill sheet xD

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Name: Taika Agaue.

Physical Features: Taika stands at 5’9 and weighed around 184 Ibs, nothing too impressive for his age. He has dusty brown hair along with deep brown eyes, he doesn’t have many defined muscles and is overall pretty average and normal looking.
Appearance: He tends to wear a dark blue hooded tracksuit along with red trainers. His left ear is pierced with a golden stud and he often wears quite a bit more jewellery in order to make up for his average appearance.
Personality: He has a huge inferiority complex as he feels he doesn’t stand out in anyway at all. He is quite shy sans generally doesn’t engage in conversation unless someone approaches him and starts talking to him. However he some times tries to over compensate by wearing flashy jewellery a lot of the time. He sees school as a waste of his time especially since no one bothers with him.

Kinship: Legendkin.
Myth/Legend: Fenrir.

Physical Features: Taika no longer stands at the average size of 5’9, but now at a very tall: 7’3 and he weighs at around 234 Ibs. He also now has dark blue as his hair colour along with crimson red eyes. Sharp fangs now fill out his entire mouth and he has a very short blue tail. His hair has become a lot more scruffy and wild along with him gaining slight sideburns going near the top of his cheeks. His arms and legs have elongated a little which makes him seem even bigger now. His muscles have became more define and he now has a quite muscular build. He is now the opposite of boring and average and would now stand out in most crowds.

Personality: His personality had changed quite a bit along with his appearance. Taika is no longer a shy and quiet kid but now he is a lot more confident and even maybe a little cocky and arrogant now. He doesn’t have to over compensate now as he doesn’t have to make up for anything now. He finds it a lot easier talking to people now. However he may have had too much of a confidence boost.

Mythos:
Fenrir, also called Fenrisúlfr, monstrous wolf of Norse Mythology. He was the son of the demoniac god Loki and a giantess, Angerboda. Fearing Fenir’s strength and knowing that only evil could be expected of him, the gods bound him with a magical chain made of the sound of a cat’s footsteps, the beard of a woman, the breath of a fish, and other occult elements. When the chain was placed upon him, Fenrir bit off the hand of the god Tyr. He wasn’t gagged with a sword and was destined to lie bound to the rock until the Ragnarök (Doomsday), when he will break his bonds and fall upon the gods. According to one version of the myth, Fenrir will devour the sun and in the Ragnarök he will fight against the chief god Odin and swallow him. Odin’s som Vidar will avenge his father, stabbing the wolf to the heart according to one account and tearing his jaws asunder according to another. Fenrir figures prominently in Norwegian and Icelandic poetry of the 10th and 11th centuries, and the poets speak apprehensively of the day when he will break loose.
Devourer of the Sun (Cluster)
Grants the user the following sub-abilities:
Fangs of the great devourer (Active skill):
This boosts the strength of Taika’s fangs, giving them the power to easily take off someone’s arm or leg.

Unnamed at the moment(active skill):
Taika grows sharp black claws capable of piercing rock, but they are now where near as sting asbestos his fangs.

Unnamed fire projection ability (Passive skill):
Taika is able to conjure up scorching hot fire, capable of burning down a fairly large forest with ease. And with enough power it could melt through stone.

Breaking free from the magical chains (active skill):
Taika takes on the full form of Fenrir’s huge wolf body, gaining a lot more strength and defence but he severely sacrifices his speed and control for this.
Sorry for the lack of abilities hear I’m short on ideas.
Force:

Power: is an explosive and wilder extensive of force. This could also mean potential force as one can have an extremely high power capacity, but be physically extremely. Above Average.

Strength/: is a slower and more controlled exercise of force. Very high.

Defence

Toughness: Is how much damage we can take before our bounds are crushed and skin torn. Average.

Resilience: Is how well we can redirect force. This can be affected by abilities that redirect damage or mitigates them through some magical or supernatural means.Average.

Dexterity

Speed: High.

Agility: Above average.

Energy

Constitution: Average.

Stamina: Average.

Endurance: Above Average.

Tenacity

Elemental resistances: Average.

Physical Resistances: Average. Has a weakness to ice and the cold in general.

Control resistances: Below average.

Penetration: Average.

Let me know if anything needs to be changed. I’m still in progress of improving the skills but decided I’d put this up just so I don’t forget.

I know there may be a few issues with this one.

Last edited:

Physical Features: Taika stands at 5’9 and weighed around 184 Ibs, nothing too impressive for his age. He has dusty brown hair along with deep brown eyes, he doesn’t have many defined muscles and is overall pretty average and normal looking.
Appearance: He tends to wear a dark blue hooded tracksuit along with red trainers. His left ear is pierced with a golden stud and he often wears quite a bit more jewellery in order to make up for his average appearance.
Personality: He has a huge inferiority complex as he feels he doesn’t stand out in anyway at all. He is quite shy sans generally doesn’t engage in conversation unless someone approaches him and starts talking to him. However he some times tries to over compensate by wearing flashy jewellery a lot of the time. He sees school as a waste of his time especially since no one bothers with him.

Kinship: Mythkin.

Physical Features: Taika no longer stands at the average size of 5’9, but now at a very tall: 7’3 and he weighs at around 234 Ibs. He also now has dark blue as his hair colour along with crimson red eyes. Sharp fangs now fill out his entire mouth and he has a very short blue tail. His hair has become a lot more scruffy and wild along with him gaining slight sideburns going near the top of his cheeks. His arms and legs have elongated a little which makes him seem even bigger now. His muscles have became more define and he now has a quite muscular build. He is now the opposite of boring and average and would now stand out in most crowds.

Personality: His personality had changed quite a bit along with his appearance. Taika is no longer a shy and quiet kid but now he is a lot more confident and even maybe a little cocky and arrogant now. He doesn’t have to over compensate now as he doesn’t have to make up for anything now. He finds it a lot easier talking to people now. However he may have had too much of a confidence boost.

Mythos:
Fenrir, also called Fenrisúlfr, monstrous wolf of Norse Mythology. He was the son of the demoniac god Loki and a giantess, Angerboda. Fearing Fenir’s strength and knowing that only evil could be expected of him, the gods bound him with a magical chain made of the sound of a cat’s footsteps, the beard of a woman, the breath of a fish, and other occult elements. When the chain was placed upon him, Fenrir bit off the hand of the god Tyr. He wasn’t gagged with a sword and was destined to lie bound to the rock until the Ragnarök (Doomsday), when he will break his bonds and fall upon the gods. According to one version of the myth, Fenrir will devour the sun and in the Ragnarök he will fight against the chief god Odin and swallow him. Odin’s som Vidar will avenge his father, stabbing the wolf to the heart according to one account and tearing his jaws asunder according to another. Fenrir figures prominently in Norwegian and Icelandic poetry of the 10th and 11th centuries, and the poets speak apprehensively of the day when he will break loose.
??? (Active skill):
This boosts the strength of Taika’s fangs, giving them the power to easily take off someone’s arm or leg.

???(active skill):
Taika grows sharp black claws capable of piercing rock, but they are now where near as sting asbestos his fangs.

Taika takes on the full form of Fenrir’s huge wolf body, gaining a lot more strength and defence but he severely sacrifices his speed and control for this.
Force:

Power: is an explosive and wilder extensive of force. This could also mean potential force as one can have an extremely high power capacity, but be physically extremely. Above Average.

Strength/: is a slower and more controlled exercise of force. High.

Defence

Toughness: Is how much damage we can take before our bounds are crushed and skin torn. Average.

Resilience: Is how well we can redirect force. This can be affected by abilities that redirect damage or mitigates them through some magical or supernatural means.Average.

Dexterity

Energy

Tenacity

Let me know if anything needs to be changed. I’m still in progress of improving the skills but decided I’d put this up just so I don’t forget.

Looks good, accepted.

Your skill sheet isn't final. I don't mind if people think of new ways to use their abilities or even learn about new aspects of their myth as the roleplay goes on. As long as you keep the skills up-to-date then we should be good.

Edit:

Though if your character is meant to be Fenrir himself then he would be a Legendkin rather than a Mythickin. However, Fenrir has also been called the Fenris Wolf, so if you're taking it that your character is a Fenris Wolf (descendant of Fenrir) then he would be Mythickin.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Kinship: Mythkin.

Mythos:
??? (Active skill):

???(active skill):

Force:

Strength/: is a slower and more controlled exercise of force. High.

Defence

Dexterity

Energy

Tenacity

I mean you could easily throw in some passives in there due to his wolfy status, like enhanced smell or other traits. Idk, just an idea to help with your skills.

I would low agility a bit, but other than that looking good!

Though I notice a lack of...abilities in general. Are you just going for general tossing fireballs and the rebirth through fire motif? It's a pretty powerful skill in the right circumstances, though beware things that can extinguish your flame as you'll not be nearly as resilient against them.

I take it his high resilience is some kind of fire-form? I'd like a few more of those things laid out in the skill sheet xD
Yeah, I'll see what I can think of. Was having trouble getting ideas going today and the myth wasn't giving me much to work with, but as long as you're happy with me improvising I can pad out the ability sheet a bit more