• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed The Oscillation (Discussion)

Annnnd you're in luck. I've been keeping track of all the people who wanted to either add a second character or join, and you round off the number to three. That means we'd have 15 Ocs and I can split them into groups of 5 or 3 for ease of handling.

@Top_Smug_ go for it and get a bio up

@Cmeriwether also feel free to make a bio for Loki

@DarkHydraT and your flying dutchman/woman completes the new trio

That being said though I'll have to ask you to wait until we're in the second arc to introduce them because I don't want a 20 person fight in the first arc xD

Though, if you're interested and want to help then I can let you control a few of the important gang members.

I believe someone else is joining so we'll be at 16 Ocs and the groups will be adjusted to 4 persons each. However, if we get up to 20 characters then I'll actually put a more permanent cap on the OC limit for the time being and then we'll see whether 4 or 5 is the better number for teams.

Annnnd you're in luck. I've been keeping track of all the people who wanted to either add a second character or join, and you round off the number to three. That means we'd have 15 Ocs and I can split them into groups of 5 or 3 for ease of handling.

@Top_Smug_ go for it and get a bio up

@Cmeriwether also feel free to make a bio for Loki

@DarkHydraT and your flying dutchman/woman completes the new trio

That being said though I'll have to ask you to wait until we're in the second arc to introduce them because I don't want a 20 person fight in the first arc xD

Though, if you're interested and want to help then I can let you control a few of the important gang members.
In the meantime between now and the second arc, I would love to play a role in controlling some of the gang members.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Name: Axar Rathman

Physical Features: Average in many ways, Axar stands at 5'8" and weighs in at around 140 pounds. His body isn't anything special either, leaning towards neither of the extremes and instead sitting somewhere in the middle of muscular and completely normal. His hair is a mess of black that is mostly swept to the right and almost covers his right eye. Despite being so young, there are almost always visible creases in his brow. An angry, or at the very least frustrated, expression is almost always worn on his sharp facial features.

Appearance: Preferring layers and warm colors, Axar dresses in a way many of his classmates might refer to as "edgy". His signature outfit is a black hoodie with a red and black flannel worn over it, ripped black jeans that have a pair gunmetal black chain hanging from the right side, and short black boots that his jeans are tucked into. The same outfit can be substituted with a red hoodie and black denim jacket combo, or a yellow hoodie with a black jacket that had red and yellow flames dancing around it. Every single one of his outfits are topped off with his sharp, black glasses that slightly round off around the bottom.

Personality: Quick to anger and confrontation, Axar has developed a reputation in his grade as a lone-wolf delinquent type. He's gotten into plenty of fights with other guys who think he acts tougher than he is, or that obviously just try to set him off. Truthfully though, it's not that Axar likes fighting, he's just prone to it. Axar's depression makes him easily agitated, and his loneliness and reputation within his grade only make things worth with other students. He spends most of his time free time reading, playing games, and (ever since he started getting into more fights) working out.

Kinship: Legendkin

Myth/Legend: Kagutsuchi

Physical Features: Axar's newly awakened form has shot him up a couple inches, now standing 5'10", and given him a fairly significant amount of muscle. Two flames sprout from his forehead, giving the appearance of fiery horns. His skin appears slightly gray, almost ashen or burnt, and a tail has sprouted from his lower back, extending a few feet and ending in a dancing flame.

Finally, Axar's eyes. The whites of his eyes have darkened to almost black. His pupils shift and glow, red, orange, yellow, like cinders.

Personality: Much of Axar's old personality remains intact. He's still quick to anger, and tends to avoid people. When he gets too heated, however, he can occasionally catch himself and attempt to settle the situation rationally. The one thing about his personality that changed, however, is that he is prone to hurting other just by association. Whether literally with his powers, or just putting others in bad situations, Axar is constantly hurting those around him.

Kagutsichi is the god of fire, volcanos, and blacksmiths in Japanese mythokllogy.

When Kagutsuchi was born, he fatally burned his mother, Izanami. In a blind rage caused by the grief of losing his partner, Kagutsuchi's father Izanagi cut his son's body into eight pieces. These eight pieces scattered across Japan and became volcanos. The blood that dripped off Izanagi's sword afterwards created a number of other deities, including the sea god Watatsumi and rain god Kuraokami.

In Japanese mythology, Kagutsuchi's birth marks the end of the world's creation, and the beginning of it's death.

People performed appeasment rituals for Kagutsuchi so that they weren't met with the the scorching heat of his fire. His flames were seen as destructive, and these rituals were used to please him and make sure he would withhold his flames for another six months.

Grants the following abilities.
Axar can call forth and manipulate flames from nearly any part of his body. He can also control fire in a (roughly) 60 foot radius from his body.
Coming into contact with Axar's body for more than a brief moment severely burns the flesh of the one who touched him.

Axar can cause magma to erupt violently from his body, being shot in every direction around him and creating a cloud of thick smoke.

When Axar actives the skill Pyrokinesis, his Power stat is temporarily boosted to literally off the charts.

Force

Power: Extremely High. (Power is an explosive and wilder exercise of force. This could also mean potential force as one can have an extremely high power capacity, but be physically extremely weak.)

Strength: High (Strength is a slower and more controlled exercise of force.)

Defense

Toughness: Above Average (Toughness is how much damage we can take before our bones are crushed and skin torn.)

Resilience: Above Average (Resilience is how well we can redirect force. This can be affected by abilities that redirect damage or mitigates them through some magical or supernatural means.)

Dexterity

Speed: Above Average (Speed is the ability to move the body in one direction as fast as possible.)

Agility: Above Average(Agility is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and quickly change directions with proper posture.)

Quickness: High (Quickness is the ability to react and change body position with a maximum rate of force production.)

Energy

Constitution: Above Average (Constitution is how long we can function consciously. This has to do with 'mental fatigue'.)

Stamina: Above Average (Stamina is how long we can function physically. One may be physically weak but can operate for an extended period with spells or other abilities.)

Endurance: High (Endurance mitigates the use of all our abilities dealing with Stamina and Constitution, i.e. high endurance reduces the expenditure of Stamina and Constitution.)

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: High (Resistance to elemental magic or abilities fueled by certain elements.)

Physical Resistances: Average (If someone has high Physical Resistance, then they can mitigate a lot of physical damage. This is connected with the Defense stat and adds to it.)

Control Resistances: Average (This has to do with stuns, charms, and other status effects.)

Penetration: High (Penetration is a stat that helps bypass resistances.)

Last edited:

Physical Features: Average in many ways, Axar stands at 5'8" and weighs in at around 140 pounds. His body isn't anything special either, leaning towards neither of the extremes and instead sitting somewhere in the middle of muscular and completely normal. His hair is a mess of black that is mostly swept to the right and almost covers his right eye. Despite being so young, there are almost always visible creases in his brow. An angry, or at the very least frustrated, expression is almost always worn on his sharp facial features.

Appearance: Preferring layers and warm colors, Axar dresses in a way many of his classmates might refer to as "edgy". His signature outfit is a black hoodie with a red and black flannel worn over it, ripped black jeans that have a pair gunmetal black chain hanging from the right side, and short black boots that his jeans are tucked into. The same outfit can be substituted with a red hoodie and black denim jacket combo, or a yellow hoodie with a black jacket that had red and yellow flames dancing around it. Every single one of his outfits are topped off with his sharp, black glasses that slightly round off around the bottom.

Personality: Quick to anger and confrontation, Axar has developed a reputation in his grade as a lone-wolf delinquent type. He's gotten into plenty of fights with other guys who think he acts tougher than he is, or that obviously just try to set him off. Truthfully though, it's not that Axar likes fighting, he's just prone to it. Axar's depression makes him easily agitated, and his loneliness and reputation within his grade only make things worth with other students. He spends most of his time free time reading, playing games, and (ever since he started getting into more fights) working out.

Myth/Legend: Akuma (Satan)

Physical Features: Axar's newly awakened form has shot him up a couple inches, now standing 5'10", and given him a fairly significant amount of muscle. Two flames sprout from his forehead, giving the appearance of fiery horns. His hands have turned into a charred-black texture and long, red, demonic claws have replaced his fingers. A demon-like tail has sprouted from his lower back, extending a few feet and ending in a dancing flame.

Finally, Axar's eyes. The whites of his eyes have darkened to almost black. His pupils shift and glow, red, orange, yellow, like cinders.

Personality: Much of Axar's old personality remains intact. He's still quick to anger, and tends to avoid people. However, there is one main difference in his personality since the Oscillation. Now he starts the fights. He's prone to commiting the sins of humankind, especially wrath, and has the uncanny ability to get others to do the same. When he gets too heated, however, he can occasionally catch himself and attempt to settle the situation rationally.

In Japanese folklore, Akuma is a wrathful fire spirit with a flaming head and eyes. Typically he is seen carrying a sword, but he also has the ability to manipulate fire and fly.

The Japanese believe that Akuma is a harbinger of misfortune and disaster, able bring bad omens to anybody he comes into contact with. Japanese folklore also states that Akuma can cause mental illness, and that if you suffer from depression or other mental health problems, you are the subject of evil spirits. Particularly, Akuma is seen as the main root of these issues.

Akuma can translate to Devil or Demon, but more importantly, Akuma is the name given to Satan in Japanese Christianity.

In Abrahamic religions, Satan is an entity who seduces humans into commiting sins. He is typically seen as a fallen angel who rebelled against God, and was cast out of Heaven. He was, however, allowed to retain some of his powers and the ability to control demons.

Grants the following abilities.
Axar can call forth and manipulate flames from nearly any part of his body. He can also control fire in a (roughly) 60 foot radius from his body.
Flames that Axar currently has under his control cannot be extinguished unless by himself.

Axar can use fire to propel himself through the air. However, he loses his ability to use offensive Pyrokenisis while this ability is active as it requires his full concentration.

Axar is more likely than others to commit acts of sin. Others than interact with Axar temporarily gain this ability.

Force

Power: Extremely High. (Power is an explosive and wilder exercise of force. This could also mean potential force as one can have an extremely high power capacity, but be physically extremely weak.)

Strength: High (Strength is a slower and more controlled exercise of force.)

Defense

Toughness: High (Toughness is how much damage we can take before our bones are crushed and skin torn.)

Resilience: Above Average (Resilience is how well we can redirect force. This can be affected by abilities that redirect damage or mitigates them through some magical or supernatural means.)

Dexterity

Speed: Above Average (Speed is the ability to move the body in one direction as fast as possible.)

Agility: Above Average(Agility is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and quickly change directions with proper posture.)

Quickness: High (Quickness is the ability to react and change body position with a maximum rate of force production.)

Energy

Constitution: Average (Constitution is how long we can function consciously. This has to do with 'mental fatigue'.)

Stamina: Above Average (Stamina is how long we can function physically. One may be physically weak but can operate for an extended period with spells or other abilities.)

Endurance: High (Endurance mitigates the use of all our abilities dealing with Stamina and Constitution, i.e. high endurance reduces the expenditure of Stamina and Constitution.)

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: Above Average (Resistance to elemental magic or abilities fueled by certain elements.)

Physical Resistances: Average (If someone has high Physical Resistance, then they can mitigate a lot of physical damage. This is connected with the Defense stat and adds to it.)

Control Resistances: Below Average (This has to do with stuns, charms, and other status effects.)

Penetration: High (Penetration is a stat that helps bypass resistances.)
Looks Good, I might have some thoughts on that inextinguishable flame, but everything else is alright.

Accepted o7

We do have a number of flame users, that's rather interesting.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Looks Good, I might have some thoughts on that inextinguishable flame, but everything else is alright.

Accepted o7

We do have a number of flame users, that's rather interesting.

I'll make sure the inextinguishable ability doesn't get out of hand, or at least I'll try to!

And yeah, I read the other bios after I made mine, didn't realize how much fire we had lol

I'll make sure the inextinguishable ability doesn't get out of hand, or at least I'll try to!

And yeah, I read the other bios after I made mine, didn't realize how much fire we had lol
I'd say the fire can't be put out by any normal means but only more magical or mythical means. For example, normal water wouldn't work, but water from (insert legendary river here) might work.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
I'd say the fire can't be put out by any normal means but only more magical or mythical means. For example, normal water wouldn't work, but water from (insert legendary river here) might work.

This is actually how I had it worded originally before changing it, that only other unnatural sources of water or wind could put the flames out. I'll revert it back to this :up:

Adrian's gonna have a hard time against most of these people were he to go up against them, but I do suppose that when he does go rogue thanks to his literal thirst for blood and "monster side" then taking him down should be a cakewalk (but should that time ever come, I at least want him to put up a good fight despite this weakness)

The gang will likely appear in a few more posts. It has four power players.

The general goal of this arc is to take out those four without getting yourselves or any of the other students shot, killed, maimed, etc.

Some of the Gang's myths are more obscure and other not so much. I don't wanna reveal all their abilities immediately, so I'll use this post as a platform for a type of guessing game. Clues will be provided to assist your guessing, and if each thing you manage to guess correctly will be revealed here. Feel free to make wild guesses, or to wait until the gang members actually appear in the RP itself.

Ask as many questions as you'd like, but I don't promise to answer all of them ~ ♥

================================================================

The White Viper
William (Legendkin: Hou Yi)

The Legendary sun-shooting Hero from Chinese Mythology. In Chinese mythology, there were 10 suns. Initially, the 10 suns would cross the sky one by one, but one day all 10 suns came out at once scorching the earth. Hou Yi was tasked by the mythical King Yao to rein in the suns. Hou Yi first tried to reason with the suns. When that didn't work, he then pretended to shoot at them with his bow to intimidate them. When the suns again refused to heed Hou Yi's warnings, he began to shoot at them one by one. With his bow in hand, he felled 9 of the 10 suns, only stopping after the Sun's mother and King Yao pleaded with him to leave one sun behind to allow humans to prosper.

The way of the Archer(Passive): Grants innate expertise with archery.

Falling Moon, Sinking Star(Active): A full-powered shot with the power to fell stars.

Monster Slayer(Passive): Grants bonus damage against monstrous Myths or Legends.

Devilish Charisma(Passive): Revered as a Hero yet Feared as a Tyrant; it takes a special kind of charisma to inspire both love and hate. Grants a morale boost to allies while demoralizing enemies.
Grants bonus damage against Sun-based legends and myths.
Force
Power: Extremely High
Strength: Average

Defense
Toughness: Average
Resilience: Average

Dexterity
Speed: Average
Agility: Very High
Quickness: High

Energy
Constitution: Above Average
Stamina: Above Average
Endurance: Average

Tenacity
Elemental Resistances: Average
Physical Resistances: Average
Control Resistances: Average
Penetration: Average

Parsia (Mythickin: Huma bird)

A legendary bird in Persian and Iranian Mythos, whoever the Huma bird alights upon is destined to become the next king. It lives its entire life in the skies, flying without rest until the day it consumes itself with fire and is reborn anew. Catching a Huma bird is said to be impossible, and killing one even more so, however, for those who manage to succeed in this miraculous task, the Huma's revenge shall bear fruit even from the grave. The life span of those who kill a Huma bird shall not exceed 40 days! 40 days after killing the bird, they too shall share its fate.

Shadow of Good Fortune (Passive): Increases luck of anyone who happens to step into her shadow.

Curse of the Huma (Passive): Curses those who defeat her to misfortune.

Shrouded in Myth (Active): Allows total invisibility for 3 seconds.
*20 Second Cooldown

Throne of Clouds (Passive): User perpetually levitates and is unable to come into contact with the ground through their own means.

Eagle-eyed (Passive): Grants eagle-like vision.

From Birth to Flight (Passive): Grants a gift for flying and aerial maneuverability.

Myth Source: **

It is said that this unique bird spends its entire life in the high sky. It gets down on to the ground only to feed on bones. It breeds in the sky and lays eggs when in the air. The eggs start falling down traveling at great speed towards the land. Before the eggs hit the ground they hatch in the air and in the chick's downward journey it develops its eyes. On reaching the vicinity of the earth, the chick becomes consciousness. It gives out a shrill cry with the fear of dashing to the ground to encounter death. It stabilizes its movement and takes flight upwards towards its safest sanctuary, its mother.

Fire Manipulation (Active)
Grants fire manipulation...duh
Force
Power: High
Strength: Above Average

Defense
Toughness: Above Average

Dexterity
Speed: Above Average
Agility: High

Energy
Constitution: Very High
Stamina: Very High
Endurance: Above Average

Tenacity
Penetration: Very High

Aladd (Mythickin: Serpopard)

An Egyptian chimera with the head of a snake and the body of a leopard. They represent unruly Chaos which only the Pharoah can tame! Also called the serpent-necked lion, there isn't much to say about these strange chimeric creatures, but some have suggested their true form was merely that of a Giraffe.

Leonid Body (Passive): Grants the physical abilities of a leopard.

Snake-headed (Passive): Grants the user venom fangs and glands.

Viper-venom (Active): Foes can be injected with venom if bitten. Venom is a fast-acting paralytic.

Chimeric Senses [Leopard-Snake] (Passive): Grants the senses of both a leopard and a snake.

Probably a Giraffe (Passive): At first glance, the user appears to be a Giraffe.

Royal Protector (Passive): Gains a boost to Force and Defense when protection allies.
Force
Power: High
Strength: High

Defense

Dexterity
Speed: High
Agility: High

Energy
Constitution: Average
Stamina: Average

Tenacity
Control Resistances: Above Average
Penetration: High

Samson (Legendkin: Antaeus)

The son of Gaia and Poseidon, this demi-god was the legendary wrestled that matched even the mighty Heracles blow for blow. When he was on the ground, he was said to be immortal, receiving power from his mother, Gaia. He would challenge people who passed by to wrestling matches and then brutally crush them to death in a bear hug. With their skulls, he built a temple to his father. When he made the mistake of challenging Heracles, the hero figured out his weakness, hoisting him off the ground, Antaeus shared the fate of many of his own victims.

Mother Earth's Embrace (Passive): Physical damage is redirected towards the ground so long as the user remains in contact with the ground.

Earth's Blessing (Passive): Force and Defense are increased when in contact with the ground.

Nature's Blessing (Passive): Stamina recovers faster when in contact with the ground.

Stomp (Active): The user’s stops can cause mini-quakes.

Ocean shifter (Active): User can generate a wave of water from their body.
*Can only be used after Stomp.

Bear Hug (Active): Death-inducing bear hug.

Herculean Terror (Passive): The Legend of Heracles inspires fear in the user.

Force

Power: Very High

Strength: Very High

Defense

Resilience: Extremely High

Dexterity

Speed: Extremely Low

Agility: Extremely Low

Quickness: Extremely Low

Energy

Stamina: Very High

Endurance: Extremely High

Tenacity

Physical Resistances: Extremely High

Penetration: Extremely Low
@~Patriot~ is banned from guessing, but everyone else can feel free to try their luck~

Last edited:

The general goal of this arc is to take out those four without getting yourselves or any of the other students shot, killed, maimed, etc.

Some of the Gang's myths are more obscure and other not so much. I don't wanna reveal all their abilities immediately, so I'll use this post as a platform for a type of guessing game. Clues will be provided to assist your guessing, and if each thing you manage to guess correctly will be revealed here. Feel free to make wild guesses, or to wait until the gang members actually appear in the RP itself.

Ask as many questions as you'd like, but I don't promise to answer all of them ~ ♥

The White Viper
William
Type: ???
Myth/Legend: ???
Clues:

1. A bow

Parsia
Clues: ???

Aladd

Samson

@~Patriot~ is banned from guessing, but everyone else can feel free to try their luck~
Alright, I got time to kill. I'm thinking Apollo for William, you're enough of a weeb that I'll got for Kappa or one of those Japanese mythological demons, and I'll take a shot in the dark and say Samson has something to do with the Samson from Christian stories?

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

The White Viper
William
Clues:

1. A bow

Parsia

Aladd

Samson

Samson is samson from the bible, done.

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Alright, I got time to kill. I'm thinking Apollo for William, you're enough of a weeb that I'll got for Kappa or one of those Japanese mythological demons, and I'll take a shot in the dark and say Sampson has something to do with the Sampson from Christian stories?
I know that WIlliam is supposed to hard counter Mango's character so I doubt it's as simple as Apollo.

Alright, I got time to kill. I'm thinking Apollo for William, you're enough of a weeb that I'll got for Kappa or one of those Japanese mythological demons, and I'll take a shot in the dark and say Samson has something to do with the Samson from Christian stories?

Samson is samson from the bible, done.

For William, Artemis, Atalanta, or Potentially Mulan Hua (Original source is Chinese Legend)?

Aladd, Aladdin?
All good guess. All wrong though.

Points to Meri for getting close though, William comes from a Chinese Legend.

@kyuukestu Our 16th will have her bio up by the end of the night, she's currently at track and she'll have homework and such afterwards.
Gotcha! Don't worry about it.

Bingo~

William (Hou'yi | Legendkin)

The Legendary sun-shooting Hero from Chinese Mythology. In Chinese mythology, there were 10 suns. Initially, the 10 suns would cross the sky one by one, but one day all 10 suns came out at once scorching the earth. Hou Yi was tasked by the mythical King Yao to rein in the suns. Hou Yi first tried to reason with the suns. When that didn't work, he then pretended to shoot at them with his bow to intimidate them. When the suns again refused to heed Hou Yi's warnings, he began to shoot at them one by one. With his bow in hand, he felled 9 of the 10 suns, only stopping after the Sun's mother and King Yao pleaded with him to leave one sun behind to allow humans to prosper.

Falling Moon, Sinking Star(Active): A full-powered shot with the power to fell stars.
Monster Slayer(Passive): Grants bonus damage against monstrous Myths or Legends.

Devilish Charisma(Passive): Revered as a Hero yet Feared as a Tyrant; it takes a special kind of charisma to inspire both love and hate. Grants a morale boost to allies while demoralizing enemies.
Force

Defense

Dexterity

Energy

Tenacity

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
Bingo~

William (Hou'yi | Legendkin)

Force

Defense

Dexterity

Energy

Tenacity

Ah so that's how it hard counters Windie. Well guess that's going to be a slight pain in the butt, but I don't see any mental resistances...

kyuu gave me the okay to join in for the second arc, but I'll put my bio here for the time being

Name: Erik/Gyung-Hoon Cho

Physical Features: Erik has short, jet black hair slightly brushed to the left and milk chocolate-esque brown eyes. His skin tone is slightly tan, and he has a slightly more muscular than average build. He stands at about 5'10 and weighs 143 pounds.

Appearance: Erik's normal outfit usually consists of a white tee, black jersey joggers, and white sneakers. He can often be seen wearing a black mouth mask, along with a pair of black rectangular glasses.

Personality: Erik is rather quiet but kind; he tends to be shy in the company of others, but he can be very light-hearted and loyal to those he considers friends. He gets higher-than-average marks in his classes at school but nothing too note-worthy, as he dislikes standing out and attracting attention.

Name: Gyung-Hoon Cho
Myth/Legend: 천지왕 (Cheonji-wang: the Celestial King)

Physical Features: Gyung-Hoon's hair now becomes a bright silver color that matches the glowing light in his eyes. Five bright, golden dragon tattoos appear: one wrapping around his left arm, one going from the back of his right shoulder to his right temple, one around the left side of his waist, one traveling down his right forearm, and lastly, one that spans from the back of his left shoulder to his left temple, symmetrical to the one on the right side of his face.

Appearance: Gyung-Hoon is now dressed in black, traditional Korean robes, pants, and shoes, through which his dragon tattoos are visible.

Personality: Gyung-Hoon's demeanor remains the same overall, though he does become a bit more stern, determined to take his new transformation seriously.

Mythos: Cheonjiwang is known as "The Celestial King" or "King of the Heavens and Earth" (not all-powerful, though). Born of a clear blue drop of dew that fell from the sky along with other gods and the humans, Cheonjiwang became the leader of the gods and reigned in his kingdom.

Meanwhile, the first human to tame the animals of the earth, Sumyeong Jangja, became king over the mortal world. Quickly growing in power, he also grew in hubris, believing no one could defeat him as he cried aloud to the sky one day, "Who dares subdue me?" Cheonjiwang heard the prideful boast and was quickly infuriated, and he invaded Sumyeong Jangja's kingdom, riding a golden chariot pulled by his five dragons and leading his four generals and ten thousand soldiers; the mortal king fought as best as he could, but to no avail, as he was quickly defeated by Cheonjiwang.

Abilities:

The Four Lieutenants (Active): Gyung-Hoon can harness the abilities of Cheonjiwang's lieutenants who fought beside him against Sumyeong Jangja and conjure their elements.
- General Lightning: conjuration and discharge of electricity
- General Thunder: ability to create sonic booms from his hands
- General Fire: conjuration and manipulation of fire
- Master of the Winds and Rains: ability to summon storms and winds
The Five Serpents (Passive): Gyung-Hoon summons the spirits of the dragons that pulled Cheonjiwang's golden chariot in order to enhance his physical strength to well above average (but not extremely high). His Defense stats do not change.
Swiftness of the Golden Chariot (Passive): Gyung-Hoon's Dexterity stats are boosted to above average, allowing him to reach higher speeds and make him lighter on his feet. (To be obtained later on in the RP)

Strength: Above Average

Resilience: Below Average

Speed: Above Average

Agility: Average

Quickness: Average

Endurance: Below Average

Last edited:
I believe someone else is joining so we'll be at 16 Ocs and the groups will be adjusted to 4 persons each.
under the assumption that I am the aforementioned someone, im gonna go ahead and toss my bio into the mix, but this is gonna be pretty embarrassing if i misinterpreted the situation. bio will likely need some editing, as i was in class when i started writing this while trying to seem like i was paying attention. not my smartest idea, but hey, i dont have many smart ideas in the first place >:")

Name: Wrenna "Wren" Dwinell
Physical Features: Wren is a small creature, standing roughly at 5'3, and weighing in at around 115lbs. Her skin is light, although not crudely pale, with dark freckles dappled along her nose and cheeks. Present on her face at most times is a thin, dimpled smile. Her hair is long and wavy, stopping around the middle of her back, and is a dark brown in color. Her eyes are the same color, maybe a shade or two darker.
Appearance: Typically dressed in floral, flowy dresses, Wren seems to embody Spring in her attire of choice. She is frequently seen with golden jewelry, although it never exceeds a necklace with a tiny pendant and a small anklet.
Personality: Wren is, typically, on the quieter side. She quips into class discussions and gives the occasional compliment, but doesn’t seem too keen on socializing. She’s diligent in her work and is a brilliant student, although her street-smarts may be lacking.
Dislikes: Arrogance, humidity, sleeping without a fan on
Name: Wrenna “Wren” Dwinell
Myth/Legend: 闇龗 (Kuraokami)
Physical Features/Changes: After the Oscillation, Wren shot up around two inches in height, landing her at 5’5. Her weight distributes around more, giving her a slimmer appearance than before. Her hair remains the same, length-wise, but instead of its original dark brown becomes a bright white. Her eyelashes follow the same route. Her skin is paler, and her freckles are fainter.. her teeth sharpen slightly, most prominently her canines, and her nails thicken and sharpen slightly as well. Her scleras turn an icy blue and her iris turns white. Her body temperature dropped significantly, and her cheeks and nose seem particularly rosy from the chill. Atop her head, small, sharp grey horns now sprout from the base of her hairline.
Personality: Relatively the same, a bit more mellow. She comes off a bit more cold and distrusting, and has developed a curiously intense distaste for anything hot.
Mythos: Kuraokami is a legendary Japanese dragon and deity of rain and snow. According to Japanese myth, the siblings Izanagi and Izanami gave birth to the islands and gods of Japan. After Izanami died from burns during the childbirth of the fire deity, Kagutsuchi, Izanagi was enraged and killed his son. Kagutsuchi's blood created several other deities, including Kuraokami
Born from Hatred (Passive): Attacks grant slight bonus damage towards fire-based myths/legends, and a more significant amount towards Kagutsuchi-kin (yes this is directly meant for Axar.)
Frigid Touch (Cluster):
Active- Grants Wren the ability to condense moisture in the atmosphere and freeze it into icicles, cubes, or flakes in the palms of her hands.
Passive: Most anything Wren touches becomes severely cold when she transfers energy into it.
Rain Dance (Active): Wren channels the rain and wills it downward. Can vary from a drizzle (consumes virtually no power) to a downpour (physically taxing).
STATS
Toughness: Below Average
Quickness: Extremely High
Stamina: Below Average
Physical Resistances: Below Average
Control Resistances: Low- easily stunned with flattery or charm.
Penetration: Above average in most cases, high against fire-based kin.

**it took me ~10hrs to find the time to get this done- i’ll go through and tweak things later today, but right now its 1am and im ready for bed! i was feeling pretty hesitant about the abilities, so any potential adjustments/suggestions would be great if those ones weren’t sufficient enough.
:”)

Last edited:
under the assumption that I am the aforementioned someone, im gonna go ahead and toss my bio into the mix, but this is gonna be pretty embarrassing if i misinterpreted the situation. bio will likely need some editing, as i was in class when i started writing this while trying to seem like i was paying attention. not my smartest idea, but hey, i dont have many smart ideas in the first place >:")

Name: Wrenna "Wren" Dwinell
Physical Features: Wren is a small creature, standing roughly at 5'3, and weighing in at around 115lbs. Her skin is light, although not crudely pale, with dark freckles dappled along her nose and cheeks. Present on her face at most times is a thin, dimpled smile. Her hair is long and wavy, stopping around the middle of her back, and is a dark brown in color. Her eyes are the same color, maybe a shade or two darker.
Appearance: Typically dressed in floral, flowy dresses, Wren seems to embody Spring in her attire of choice. She is frequently seen with golden jewelry, although it never exceeds a necklace with a tiny pendant and a small anklet.
Personality: Wren is, typically, on the quieter side. She quips into class discussions and gives the occasional compliment, but doesn’t seem too keen on socializing. She’s diligent in her work and is a brilliant student, although her street-smarts may be lacking.
Dislikes: Arrogance, humidity, sleeping without a fan on
Name: Wrenna “Wren” Dwinell
Myth/Legend: 闇龗 (Kuraokami)
Physical Features/Changes: After the Oscillation, Wren shot up around two inches in height, landing her at 5’5. Her weight distributes around more, giving her a slimmer appearance than before. Her hair remains the same, length-wise, but instead of its original dark brown becomes a bright white. Her eyelashes follow the same route. Her skin is paler, and her freckles are fainter.. her teeth sharpen slightly, most prominently her canines, and her nails thicken and sharpen slightly as well. Her scleras turn an icy blue and her iris turns white. Her body temperature dropped significantly, and her cheeks and nose seem particularly rosy from the chill. Atop her head, small, sharp grey horns now sprout from the base of her hairline.
Personality: Relatively the same, a bit more mellow. She comes off a bit more cold and distrusting, and has developed a curiously intense distaste for anything hot.
Mythos: Kuraokami is a legendary Japanese dragon and deity of rain and snow. According to Japanese myth, the siblings Izanagi and Izanami gave birth to the islands and gods of Japan. After Izanami died from burns during the childbirth of the fire deity, Kagutsuchi, Izanagi was enraged and killed his son. Kagutsuchi's blood created several other deities, including Kuraokami
Born from Hatred (Passive): Attacks grant slight bonus damage towards fire-based myths/legends, and a more significant amount towards Kagutsuchi-kin (yes this is directly meant for Axar.)
Frigid Touch (Cluster):
Active- Grants Wren the ability to condense moisture in the atmosphere and freeze it into icicles, cubes, or flakes in the palms of her hands.
Passive: Most anything Wren touches becomes severely cold when she transfers energy into it.
Rain Dance (Active): Wren channels the rain and wills it downward. Can vary from a drizzle (consumes virtually no power) to a downpour (physically taxing).
STATS
Quickness: Extremely High
Stamina: Below Average
Physical Resistances: Below Average
Control Resistances: Low- easily stunned with flattery or charm.
Penetration: Above average in most cases, high against fire-based kin.

**it took me ~10hrs to find the time to get this done- i’ll go through and tweak things later today, but right now its 1am and im ready for bed! i was feeling pretty hesitant about the abilities, so any potential adjustments/suggestions would be great if those ones weren’t sufficient enough.
:”)
Annnd accepted. You are indeed the 16th person. With Onion as the 17th, and I believe Mango is making a second character for the 18th

Ah bugger, I forgot the Chinese even had a legend. Well played
I try to be more varied with the enemies so they aren't too common.

Oh yeah also @kyuukestu do you think it'd be better for us to wait in the gymnasium inactive or go and mingle while we wait? Mingling sounds better, but it means you might end up cutting off conversations once you kick off the plot. What's your take?
You should most certainly mingle, conversation getting cut off is sort of a natural thing. I do plan to have the gang pop in kinda unexpected ish, and it's just more natural for the OCs to be talking rather than sitting like ducks.

Name: Augustus Dracolore

Physical Features: 6'0" slightly muscular 178 lbs, with gold hair and orange eyes, has a few scars from protecting Ashley from a pack of foxes.

Appearance: Augustus usually wears a letterman jacket for his school, and usually a baby blue shirt and jeans.

Personality: Augustus is a mysterious and protective person. He is on the Track and Field Team.

Post Oscillation

Myth/Legend: Loki, Norse God of Trickery

Physical Features: Augustus hasn't changed at all due to Loki's ability to Shapeshift.

Appearance:

Personality: The protectiveness has been replaced with the personality of a class clown, but on a much stronger level.

Mythos: Norse mythology, in some versions, he was taken in by the gods, and became Thor and Odin's traveling companion, he was also considered an enemy of the gods, demanding things like their drink uninvited. He was also considered a god of fire. He also led a blind God to kill another one.

Skills

Trickery (Active or Passive Skill): Loki is the Norse God of Trickery, and can use this skill to fool people, as simple as like a magic trick, to accidentally injuring someone else.

Fire manipulation (Active skill): in some sources, he is considered a fire God along with his trickery.

Mental pollution (Minor) (Passive): This skill forces the personality traits, unconcerned about others, and slight evil.

Net Making (Active skill): in other accounts Loki was known to make nets, both Metaphorical and Literal.

Shapeshift (Active Skill): Loki was known to Shapeshift, example was when he gave birth to Odin's horse, he transformed into a mare to court the Stallion that sired the horse in question.

Stats

Force

Power: Average

Defense

Resilience: Low

Dexterity

Quickness: Above Average

Energy

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: above average (vs Fire is higher)

Control Resistances: Extremely High (Due to his Mental Pollution

Physical Features: 6'0" slightly muscular 178 lbs, with gold hair and orange eyes, has a few scars from protecting Ashley from a pack of foxes.

Appearance: Augustus usually wears a letterman jacket for his school, and usually a baby blue shirt and jeans.

Personality: Augustus is a mysterious and protective person. He is on the Track and Field Team.

Post Oscillation

Myth/Legend: Loki, Norse God of Trickery

Physical Features: Augustus hasn't changed at all due to Loki's ability to Shapeshift.

Appearance:

Personality: The protectiveness has been replaced with the personality of a class clown, but on a much stronger level.

Mythos: Norse mythology, in some versions, he was taken in by the gods, and became Thor and Odin's traveling companion, he was also considered an enemy of the gods, demanding things like their drink uninvited. He was also considered a god of fire. He also led a blind God to kill another one.

Skills

Trickery (Active or Passive Skill): Loki is the Norse God of Trickery, and can use this skill to fool people, as simple as like a magic trick, to accidentally injuring someone else.

Fire manipulation (Active skill): in some sources, he is considered a fire God along with his trickery.

Mental pollution (Minor) (Passive): This skill forces the personality traits, unconcerned about others, and slight evil.

Net Making (Active skill): in other accounts Loki was known to make nets, both Metaphorical and Literal.

Shapeshift (Active Skill): Loki was known to Shapeshift, example was when he gave birth to Odin's horse, he transformed into a mare to court the Stallion that sired the horse in question.

Stats

Force

Power: Average

Defense

Resilience: Low

Dexterity

Quickness: Above Average

Energy

Tenacity

Elemental Resistances: above average (vs Fire is higher)

Control Resistances: Extremely High (Due to his Mental Pollution

Might be a good idea to pop the character sheet into a spoiler to save space. Just put a (SPOILER="Augustus)on top of the character sheet and a (/SPOILER) beneath it, and replace the brackets with square brackets