• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nuzlocke Challenge! Pokemon Hardmode!

Starting this on Black. I just started so I only have:

BW_Fr_501.png
Natth the Oshawatt, Level 5, Female.

Also, trainer name is Troy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolly the Red-nose Roopushin said:
Yay, Ulric evolved :D (to Camerupt)
Congrats!

As for myself I lost Kobo while training in the upper regions of Mount Coronet. I need a strong ice type for the Giratina fight to come so Im raising an Abomasnow.

Further sad news, I lost toshi the rotom after so long of being with him. He was my ace in the hole for many fights and helped alot against self destructers.

You will be missed Kobo and Toshi my mighty EQ team.

Too bad on Kobo and Toshi :( May they rest in peace.

As for me, I updated my team(it's in my sig). It's going to be fun to level Nelly and Ramses, since I haven't had any Armaldo or Cacturn yet (Nelly will soon evolve btw).

great job Rolly! As for Jeydis, that sucks. You're playing Platinum, right? Anyway, as for me, the only thing I've done so far is train Serenity, but I think I might can this run.

Stamgalaki said:
great job Rolly! As for Jeydis, that sucks. You're playing Platinum, right? Anyway, as for me, the only thing I've done so far is train Serenity, but I think I might can this run.

Yup playing Plat for the third time now.

Headed back to the cave under the cycling road since I forgot to go back there and grab TM Earthquake.

No big events since the last update, hoping to avoid death :S

Hoenn run is being put on hold. Training Nincada is taking too long. I may cheat a little, just to speed things up. I've devised a new run scheme, however. I'm going to go backwards! I'll start with Sinnoh (Pearl/Platinum), then Hoenn (Ruby), Johto (Silver), and finish with Kanto (FireRed). I'll post the first Sinnoh Force update soon.

Stamgalaki said:
Currently on my 65th soft reset to get a shiny Mudkip nuzlocke. Trying to get it in under 1000.
Because who doesnt like a pink mudfish? :3 Best of luck with that and be extra careful with your precious mudkip afterwards. Beware of grass attacks!

Yeah, I have that npticed by now xD. And he won't evolve until level 40 :(

EDIT: Nelly evolved! :D I'm leveling my pokés so that Norman will be a piece of cake.

EDIT 2: Thinking of switch Ramses out... I have Vinny the Volbeat, Selene the Seviper, Andy the Sandshrew, Brynn the Torkoal and Waterlily the Lombre.

Rolly said:
Yeah, I have that npticed by now xD. And he won't evolve until level 40 :(

EDIT: Nelly evolved! :D I'm leveling my pokés so that Norman will be a piece of cake.

EDIT 2: Thinking of switch Ramses out... I have Vinny the Volbeat, Selene the Seviper, Andy the Sandshrew, Brynn the Torkoal and Waterlily the Lombre.
If you want to, I'd suggest Selene. You already have other Pokemon with the same type as your current party. I always have the motto of "Don't have 2 Pokemon of the same Type" (Unless it's the pointless Normal Secondary type, or the pointless Flying Secondary type for Bugs).

I'm currently doing a REGULAR playthrough of SoulSilver. Would I be allowed to post updates of it on this thread?

I have that typing-motto aswell... I'll give Ramses a try and see what happens :)

And yes, you can post updates (I believe) since both Jeydis and I have .

Well, I'm posting updates on a REGULAR Pokemon SoulSilver run. I'll be updating faster and more frequently. But, anyway, lets get this train wreck a' rollin'!

Current Team

158.png

Addanak the Male Totodile lvl 8

Yeah, I'm low on members, but it'll get more exiting in a bit. Tis all.

OK, just got my first badge this morning and my team is as follows:

T-Shirt the lvl 14 Treecko, Socks the lvl 11 Dustox, Pants the lvl 13 Shroomish and the newest member, Hat the lvl 11 Whismur.

I havnt suffered any casualties but at the moment I am very vulnerable to flying and fire types. May is going to be a bitch. :-[

Rolly said:
I failed ultimately on my Nuzlocke and got wiped out by Norman... So, I won't do another run for some time I think...
:(. What happened?

Anyway, I'm moving my REGULAR playthrough to the Playthrough thread. Just to let you know.

A little update on my run in Sapphire.

At the moment my team are in training for Norman and beyond. Realized I would have some trouble against Brendan so I went and fished up a Tentacool in Dewford Town so I wouldn't be one-shot by Brendan's Combusken.

Current team:
Rorshack the male Grovyle lvl 19
Mac the male Makuhita lvl 19
Curly the male Tentacool lvl 20
Sneaky the female Linoone lvl 20 (so far getting me loads of nice stuff. :D)
Shino the female Ninjask lvl 20
Dosu the male Loudred lvl 20 (winner of a Smart contest!)

The bench:
Plusle lvl 13
Aburame the Shedinja lvl 20
Lucky the Zigzagoon lvl 4
Buggy the Dustox lvl 15
Shino the Shroomish lvl 16 (will get a name change)

Also a pokemon I just had to catch but will never use: A green Zubat.

A little update, still working on getting the levels up.

Current team:
Rorshack the male Grovyle lvl 20
Mac the male Hariyama lvl 24
Curly the male Tentacool lvl 21
Sneaky the female Linoone lvl 20 (so far getting me loads of nice stuff. )
Dosu the male Loudred lvl 20 (winner of a Smart contest!)

The bench:
Plusle lvl 13
Lucky the Zigzagoon lvl 15 (Daycare at the moment)
Buggy the Dustox lvl 15
Shino the Shroomish lvl 16 (will get a name change)
Zabusa the Magikarp lvl 16 (Daycare at the moment)

Luckii said:
Rolly said:
I failed ultimately on my Nuzlocke and got wiped out by Norman... So, I won't do another run for some time I think...
:(. What happened?

Anyway, I'm moving my REGULAR playthrough to the Playthrough thread. Just to let you know.

As I said, I thought I was good enough to defeat Norman, but I lost... Don't really know what happened :( And I liked my team so much

Stamgalaki said:
Actually, I am going to do a Ruby run. Now, a few questions. Can you use revives if a Pick up-er picks them up? Does that Poocheyena in the beggining count?

- No revives no matter the origin.
- No since you cannot capture yet. The general rule is to either skip that first bit of road or go back and get a capture there once you get your first pokeballs.

As for mine I have grown tired of training for my fight against Cyrus/Giratina and am taking a break from the run now. Ill get back to it at a later time.

Currently playing ruby hard-mode... team so far is this

TEAM CHILL
Sabine the female combuskin lv 21
sade the male nincada lv 14
Charlieeee the female magikarp lv 13

Badges

-rock
-fighting

UPDATE!!!!
sadly we have lost a member, cane the lv 16 nincada :'(...RIP. on a lighter note i obtained a lv 13 oddish named velma

TEAM CHILL
sabine the combusken lv 23
velma the oddish lv 13

Team Eternal Blaze

Alrighty, got my Ruby run started! I picked Maxi the Torchic because of Fighting type, however Maxi died before I could make it to the first gym! Anyway, my team is as follows:

Sphyxy the male, level 10 Dustox
Demi the female, level 10 Zigzagoon
and my newest member, Zelda, the level 11(and growing!) Tailow.

Any suggestions on what to go for next are much appreciated!

Team Shadow Force
Started! Anyway, decided not to catch a Ratata on route 1. Then on route 22 caught a Mankey. Currently training.
Mandra the male,level 7 Charmander
Jaco, the male, level 2 Mankey

I'd like a Pidgey or Caterpie here.
Team Night Star
New start FTW! Sadly, my game doesn't think so. Missed route 101 and 103 for lack of being able to catch! D: Anyway, I do like my starter. hooray.
Cat the female, level 6 Mudkip
Pru the level 3 female Wurmple.

I really am hoping for a shroomish or Slakoth here.

@Zethose- What happened to Magikarp?
@Perudo- lucky you, getting a shiny. Also, nice Naruto reference there.

Another update, Mac made the fight against Norman short and Flannery was beaten but it was a close one but I can only thank Curly and X Defense, X Special and Dire hit for it.

Current team:
Rorshack the male Grovyle lvl 26
Mac the male Hariyama lvl 27
Curly the male Tentacool lvl 27
Sneaky the female Linoone lvl 23 (so far getting me loads of nice stuff. )
Ragnarok the male Numel lvl 25
Dosu the male Loudred lvl 23 (winner of two Smart contests!)

The bench:
Plusle lvl 13
Lucky the Zigzagoon lvl 15
Buggy the Dustox lvl 15
Shino the Breloom lvl 23 (will get a name change)
Zabusa the Gyarados lvl 22
Lotad lvl 15
Lunatone lvl 14
Spinda lvl 15
Incinerate the female Torkoal lvl 20
Choji the Trapinch lvl 20 (Daycare)

Team Eternal Blaze
Ok! Getting some good training done! All I need to know is what level I should train to. Also got a new member, Vere the Whismur!

Sphyxy, level 14, male Dustox
Demi, level 12, female Zigzagoon
Zelda, level 15, female Tailow
Vere, level 13 or 14, male Whismur

Team Shadow Force
No news

Team Night Star
No news
EDIT: Training. Sadly, I lost Pru to a Crit hit Zigzagoon. RIP Pru... ;( On a lighter note, I caught a Zigzagoon!
Cat, level 8, female Mudkip
Moe, level 4, male Zigzagoon
EDIT 2: I lost. Shoot. Restarting.
EDIT 3: Got a new team~
Going strong on route 4
Glenn, level 8, male Treeko
Winxi,level 7, male Zigzagoon
Dello, level 8, male Lotad

@ stam im way to lazy to raise something with only splash so its in the day care until i can turn it into a BA gyrados
Team update
1:Sabine the lv 28 combuskin
-scratch (lol)
-double kick
-peck
-ember
2:velma the lv 25 gloom
-acid
-bullet seed
-cut(lol again)
-sleep powder
3:Charlieee the lv 13 magikarp (daycare)
-splash

Box: ivan the lv 8 cascoon

SINNOH NUZLOCKE! With team Strike Force! I promise to update more often, as I was lazy with previous runs. Sorry!

Current Team

390.png
396.png

Largo the Male Chimchar lvl 7
Charteris the Male Starly lvl 4

That's all.

Team Night Star
Evolutions and catches galore! Accidently didn't name my Makuhita, oops. I also got my first badge! WOO! Anyway...
Glenn, level 16, male Grovyle
Dello,level 14, male Lombre
Winxi, level 13, male Zigzagoon
Makuhita, level 8, male

PC
Dexus, level 8, male Whismur
Jenna, level 7, female Magikarp

I don't know... The comic is awesome, but releasing my Pokemon? NO. But I actually found a Platinum Nuzlocke run on another forum. The girl lost to Jupiter on her first try, so somebody suggested that each Pokemon has 3 strikes: if it faints, it loses 1 point, and 1 point can be received after a boss battle: Gym, E4... She liked it and successfully completed her run. Then she started Soul Silver. Here are the rules (Ctrl+V FTW!):
1. Three strikes rule is now two strikes. Allows me to survive complete blowouts early, but has a greater level of danger.

2. One pokemon per route, must be the first one I encounter. UNLESS:

3. No pokemon of the same species, ever. If I encounter another Geodude in a cave, but already have had a Geodude or its evolutions, I cannot capture it. Fainted and dead pokemon count as well. If I ever had a Geodude, I will never be able to catch one again. If the first pokemon in a route is one I've already captured, then the next pokemon I haven't captured before becomes the pokemon I can capture on that route. This will allow a greater diversity in teams, and if any pokemon faint I can't just go to a route that I haven't been where that pokemon is common to catch another. Which brings me to:

4. NO BREEDING. Ditto shows up quite early in the game, but I'm saying I will not breed pokemon, as this just allows me to create an army of replacements.

5. No Trading, unless it is required for evolution. Trade Evolution of pokemon must be at least 5 levels apart from its previous evolution. IE: I can only evolve Haunter at level 30, because haunter evolved from Gastly at 25.

I think of doing one on my own Platinum staying on these rules.

Then that's not a Nuzlocke run.

You have to catch the first Pokémon you see in a zone regardless of already having one of the same species, and you have to release those that fall in battle. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Now, I'm batshit terrified of releasing my Pokémon, so that's why I've yet to start up one of these runs. I may go and do one on Pearl at some point, but right now I've restarted Pearl because I haven't played through it since HG/SS came out.

What I do instead of relese is box them up and migrate. bUT, As Silent dre said, that isn't a proper nuzlocke. anyway,
Still grinding, but I delivered the letter to train in Slateport.
Glenn, level 20, male grovyle
Dello, level 18 male Lombre
Winxi, level 13 male Zigzag
Makuhita (Clint?), level 8 male

Team chill update for those who havnt been following this run its on ruby version

Team
1:Charlieeee the lv 20 gyrados (finally but still doesnt know a water move)
-splash
-tackle
-bite
2:Sabine the lv 33 combuskin
-Quick attack
-double kick
-peck
-ember
3:Shinen the lv 21 solrock (soooo lucky:D)
-tackle
-fire spin
-confusion
-rock throw
4:Velma the lv 30 gloom
-acid
-bullet seed
-cut
-sleep powder
5:Vapora the lv 20 swablu
-peck
-fury attack
-astonish
-sing
6:HM Slave the lv 14 zigzagoon (also getting me cool stuff. 2 rare candies so far!)
-cut
-rocksmash
-headbutt
-sand-attack

Silent Dre said:
Then that's not a Nuzlocke run.

You have to catch the first Pokémon you see in a zone regardless of already having one of the same species, and you have to release those that fall in battle. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Now, I'm batshit terrified of releasing my Pokémon, so that's why I've yet to start up one of these runs. I may go and do one on Pearl at some point, but right now I've restarted Pearl because I haven't played through it since HG/SS came out.

The release close is very commonly replaced by a graveyard box to keep a history and you know... feel less bad. Same with the capture rules, I was running mine with a silmilar capture ruleset.

Having 6 bidoofs is just no fun.

Jeydis said:
Silent Dre said:
Having 6 bidoofs is just no fun.
Having 6 Bidoofs is a LOT of fun! ;D

I have a slight variation of the capture rule, I just do the first SPECIES of Pokemon I see in that route. Say I found a Budew in one route. I could run away, but I could only catch Budews on that route.