• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nuzlocke Challenge! Pokemon Hardmode!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
If you play by the rules I play by, which I'm pretty sure are the legitimate rules, you've just lost the challenge assuming that you have no other Pokemon. :T

But you're early in the game, so you can really do as you like. I know some people play with the "Soft resets", which I'm personally against, as a way to avoid losing Pokemon in rival/gym leader battles.

Updates:
I found steven, caught tintin the Aron, evolved ziggy, got to slateport, battled team magma, caught Proton the Plusle, battled may, Shroomish poisoned Charlie... I got to the pokemon center... I made it to the point where I can talk to nurse joy... but right then and there.. he died from the poison... D:
Team:
Ziggy- NewTeam Leader, Lvl22 Linoone
Spr_3e_264.gif

Pickle- Lvl 21 Taillow
Spr_3e_276.gif

Chan- Lvl19 Nincada
Spr_3e_290.gif

Bonbon- Lvl 17 Whismur
Spr_3e_293.gif

TinTin- Lvl17 Aron
Spr_3e_304.gif

Proton- Lvl13 Plusle
Spr_3e_311.gif

If any of you are wondering why I havn't posted in ages, It's because I got very board, so I reset for a later date. I'll start on Red soon, then go up in order of region. Sorry if any of you were enjoying listening to my run, it's just I wasn't. Tah tah!

Haven't updated here in a while ^^;

I deliberately swapped Ganon off my team, something about him just didn't feel right... So I swapped him for Venla the Venonat, who is now a Veno-dead! Yaaaay! :D... If you couldn't tell that last part was oozing with irony. So yes, poor Venla died too, but that's not all. After that, Disaster showed his true face and killed Malastare. I loved that snow-white fox thing! D: I nearly cried when I boxed him in the Cemetary box :'(

But, even when of course Malastare will be deeply missed, this sad event has allowed for some new blood. Therefore I welcome Atlanta, the female Vaporeon, to my team! She looks like she's going to do better than her predecessors (if you say anything else I'll kick your ass)

Current team:

Fiji the Charizard, male, lv. 41
Maximus the Nidoking, male, lv. 37
Norris the Machamp, male, lv. 36
PJ the Persian, male, lv. 36
Atlanta the Vaporeon, female, lv. 28

Horrible, horrible level grinding -.-;

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Well, my previously posted team met a horrible fate to Brawly. Game over, Emerald :(
lucky haxing bastard... two crits in a row... my poor beautifly ;_;

Well, I restarted Soul Silver to try my luck there. Just beat whitney and I still have no casualties :D
My team thus far:

Ignis the Quilava [lvl 18]
Quartz the Geodude [lvl 21]
Karen the Bellsprout [lvl 15]
Sieglinde the Spearow [lvl 16]
Raine the Ekans [lvl 16]
and finally, Alice the Rattata [lvl 6]

Special things to note are that Ignis has headbutt, Quartz has Rock Smash, Karen has Solarbeam and Sieglinde has Roost. Typical level moves for everyone otherwise. Oh, rattata is a Cut slave currently. Due to a lack of casualties, there really isn't anything special to say about the run so far :X

...Raticate can't learn Cut in Red :X. But Beedrill can! Buzz is now super awesome with Twin Needle.

Current Team:
Clear - Wartortle 22
Buzz - Beedrill 22
Bucky - Raticate 23
Pizzachu - Pikachu 22
Digoo - Diglett 23 (Totally owned Lt. Surge)
Nero - Pigeotto 22

I do the lame soft resets... so no deaths. ...I'll do a more legit run later...

I got bored playing on plat(the whole chase after galatic thing is just so boring after having done it a few times)...so I started on my heart gold, funny thing is my little cousin started a new game on it....and didn't even play it! So he erased my old game just to smite me...I think...now my trainers name is Brok and thankfully I got to chose my starter Totidile nicknamed him Clive...battled my rival, killed him...and went to actully start being able to catch.
Also funny thing, when my cousin, even thou he erased my game also downloaded one of the events...soooooo when I walked into the Mart theres that guy in green and he gave me a lv 5 Jirachi, I have her in my team for now...but I'm really considering placing her in my box....is there anything against using legands if there is I won't use her.

So my team as of right now.
Clive lv12 male Totidile
Aradi lv7 female Spinark
Jirachi lv8...uh Legend

Attachments

• 158.gif
    158.gif
    61.8 KB · Views: 179
I must be cursed or something. Today disaster did not only show his true face, he stepped out and slapped me with a sloppy banana. And took PJ and Norris to hell. PJ and Norris. They had the most epic names evar. And now they're dead. Dead I tells you! D,:

*Sigh*... Well, time for a change of blood again, so I welcome Jackie the male Hitmonchan, Volt 90 the un-gendered Voltorb and Sheik the female Spearow to my team. Just when I thought I was done level grinding D,:

Current Team:

Fiji the Charizard, male, lv. 41
Maximus the Nidoking, male, lv. 37
Atlanta the Vaporeon, female, lv.37
Jackie the Hitmonchan, male, lv. 30
Volt 90 the Voltorb, no gender, lv. 22
Sheik the Spearow, female, lv. 16

Team: Chika the chikorita lvl 10
Ron the rattata lvl 9
Spirit the ghastly lvl 11
Flyte the hoothoot lvl 7 (Being trained)
Ruby the ponyta lvl 10
and Plasma the geodude lvl 4 (Being trained)

Pretty good team, isn't it? We won the first badge after a lot of level grinding *Music that plays after Ash gets a gym badge stuck in my head*

Team icons!
(Will be at the botom of every of my posts here.)
dpiconani152.gif
dpiconani019.gif
dpiconani092.gif
dpiconani163.gif
dpiconani077.gif
dpiconani074.gif

is there anything against using legands if there is I won't use her.
Typicaly people dont use legends. Basic rules exclude it.

I got a huge stroke of luck recently...
I caught a shiny. Out of no where, no chaining or anything just flew up and met me in the grass just outside Pastoria.

So current team.
Untitled-1.png

Kazza the Alakazam, Chopin the Kriketune, Atlas the Golem, Lima the Shiny Pelipper, Lufa the Quagsire and Gizmo the Rotom.

Just got my badge in Pastoria and working my way slowly to celestic town. I went through alot of losses on my way there, most of them in the vicinity of Hearthome City, making me hate that town even more.

Doing this without a starter is rather intresting though.

Been having a usual run of bad luck. Volt 90 and Sheik both died. I have a cemetary box on my PC, so I decided to count my casualties. 17. That's more dead pokemon than living ones. It's so depressing. -.-

I've decided to go for a while without any additions; Fiji, lv. 47, Atlanta, lv. 45, Maximus, lv. 42 and Jackie, lv. 43. I beat Koga, Giovanni and Sabrina without any problems (although Sabrina's Alakazam was kind of fun. I was taking her out with Atlanta. I kept destroying her Calm Mind combos with Haze, so the battle went something like Psychic, Surf/Bite, Calm Mind, Haze, Psychic, Surf/Bite, Hyper Potion, Hyper Potion, repeat :))

Okay i started my emerald over yesterday and kept this challenge in mind as i went on. Im in Slateport right now going to mauville my team right now is. FATE THE MAGIKARP LVL 14~ INTOXICATE THE DUSTOX LVL 14~ MANGO THE COMBUSKEN LVL 17~ SQUEAKERS THE MARILL LVL 16~ SPITZ THE TAILOW LVL 19~ AND LAST AND LEAST, BLACKPERSN THE NINCADA LVL 7

I must admit I've broken the rules a few times, both Norris and Malastare actually died during training. In Norris's case I ran out of batteries afterwards so he came back, but in Malastare's case i just luffled him and wanted to give him a chance. But they're both dead now so it doesn't matter. :(

I defeated Blaine and got to the Three Islands, where I captured some new poke's, but three of them stood out; Duchess the Fearow, who is dead now (and strangely I'm not sad at all), Scrooge the Persian and Patriot the Staryu. I considered Scrooge for my team but decided against it, and I've been thinking about Patriot. I'd need some moveset help as I've never trained a Staryu for my team, and I'm not at all too happy to have a second water type. Maybe you guys can help me decide?

Current team is same as before, only everyone in lv. 47.

Hey dont worry about having two of the same time on your team. I got two water types also. One for defense and one for attack. Heres my current update: caught a machop lvl 15 accidentally pressed no when it asked me to name him ugh now i gota wait to get fly, but trained him to 27 he grows quick. FATE lvl 21 he evolved into gyarados i was surprised cause i thought he evolved at 30 but naw its 20 its been since red version since i trained one. SPITZ the swellow lvl 24 hes my favorite pokemon right now. MANGO the combusken lvl 29 i needed him to beat wattson cause all my pkmn at the time would all die to electric. SQUEAKERS the azumarill lvl 22 im in love with defense curl and rollout. Oh now i switched BLACKPERSN with the newly caught seviper aka MR.WIGGLES because BLACKPERSN was just an hm slave Oh btw my INTOXICATE (dustox) died by a regular trainer i didnt care i never liked him from the beginning he can go suck on some bones in the cemetary for all i care

It's been a century since i've updated... Lives lost, life created.
Maxie killed Pickles in a long, hard battle...
Winona ironically killed Proton (I didn't know her effing Altaria had fricking Earthquake! D:).
Dead: Tyson the Grovyle, Charlie the Nuzleaf, Pickles the Swellow, and Proton the Plusle..
Team:
Ziggy- Lvl39 Linoone
Spr_3e_264.gif

TinTin- Lvl37 Lairon
Spr_3e_305.gif

Chan- Lvl38 Ninjask
Spr_3e_291.gif

Leland- Torkoal Lvl36
Spr_3e_324.gif

Bloo- Lvl36 Altaria
Spr_3e_334.gif

and
Geico- Lvl32 Kecleon.
Spr_3e_352.gif

I just arrived in Lilycove to heal before i go to the Island place.. whatever. Mt. Pyre.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
SWEET JESUS!
I just encountered and caught Entei on my Nuzlocke - It was my first encounter after exiting Ecruteak to the west in SS :o
I don't think I'm going to actually use it even though I'm going by the base rules.. it would make things too easy at this point in the game.

For a full team update, I'm preparing myself for Morty right now and my team stands at:

Raine the Arbok - lvl 22
Sieglinde the Fearow - lvl 23
Quartz the Geodude - lvl 22
Ignis the Quilava - lvl 19
Karen the Bellsprout - lvl 18 [will train in the lighthouse]

I've also had my first casualty - Alice the level 7 Ratatta made a sacrifice in the burned tower in order to save my frozen Ekans. I didn't realize Croconaw had Ice Fang.. and as such could hit every member of my team for super-effective damage except Raine.

Edit
Sieglinde swept through Morty with relative ease. I remembered Hypnosis on Gengar and got quite lucky with it missing, and then hitting Gengar back when I Mirror Moved it. Fog badge be mine :D
Adjusted levels above to match what they are now.

Ruko said:
SWEET JESUS!
I just encountered and caught Entei on my Nuzlocke - It was my first encounter after exiting Ecruteak to the west in SS :o
I don't think I'm going to actually use it even though I'm going by the base rules.. it would make things too easy at this point in the game.

That is rather mind-boggling :o

I caught Mustang the Ponyta in Mt. Ember and I've been considering him for my team as well. I already added Naboo the Lapras to my team, so a dual water and fire could be a bad choice. :-\

Decisions, decisions...

Okay alot happened since my last update.. i caught a FISHY aka castform, actually i didnt catch it i got it at the weather institute. Its lvl 38.. My machop evolved to machoke and i finally got a chance to name him! Hes called MR.1PUNCH lvl 33. I caught a sandshrew and evolved to sandslash named him SLICE hes lvl 35 he almost died a couple times, wooh.. SPITZ the swellow is still alive at lvl 33. SQUEAKERS the azumarill is at lvl 33. And thats all i have in my party.. Sadly mango the combusken got killed in a 2 on 2 battle, and i just put FATE the gyarados in the box cause he has high atk but yet he cant get a OHKO with a bite, hell he cant even get a 2HKO. My pokemon can kill pokemon with ease and they got lower atk than him! Whats up with that? Plus he takes too long to train and hes not even a dragon type so im going to find some one new. Let you know later what i catch, see ya

0_0.Sinnysaurus.rex said:
Okay alot happened since my last update.. i caught a FISHY aka castform, actually i didnt catch it i got it at the weather institute. Its lvl 38.. My machop evolved to machoke and i finally got a chance to name him! Hes called MR.1PUNCH lvl 33. I caught a sandshrew and evolved to sandslash named him SLICE hes lvl 35 he almost died a couple times, wooh.. SPITZ the swellow is still alive at lvl 33. SQUEAKERS the azumarill is at lvl 33. And thats all i have in my party.. Sadly mango the combusken got killed in a 2 on 2 battle, and i just put FATE the gyarados in the box cause he has high atk but yet he cant get a OHKO with a bite, hell he cant even get a 2HKO. My pokemon can kill pokemon with ease and they got lower atk than him! Whats up with that? Plus he takes too long to train and hes not even a dragon type so im going to find some one new. Let you know later what i catch, see ya
:Sinnysaurus, (i'm sorry if im breaking forums rules for objecting to his.. opinions.) I just read one of your posts... Naming your "Last and least" pokemon "BLACKPERSN" and making it an HM Slave is a bit racist. :p
Anyways, i saved just in front of Tate & Liza to take a break. My team is the same except (doo da doo) Tintin is now fully evolved! Aggron, for the win.

New Updates: My Team Failed

@xxllo2

I agree, naming a pokemon Blackprsn and making it an HM "Slave" does sound a little racist...

Well I've been taking it slow since my last update. Funny thing is I also managed to find a Shiny...but I don't know how much use he's going to be....oh well we'll see. I boxed Jirachi and caught two others (the shiny and another) my four are all at lv20 and I'm about to battle Whiteny...hopefully that Miltank won't be a problem.

Team:
Clive the Croconaw
Aradi the Spinarak
Padmei the Oddish
Bluenin the shiny Ditto

Attachments

• 158.gif
    75.8 KB · Views: 206
Nice shiny Snortale, its a popular trade item so say he does die make sure to box him/pass him to another game. In game Ditto's have intresting potential but always try to raise it a bit higher then your opponents, its stats are quite poor.

Yeah I know. When I was training it to be the same lv as the others I kept swiching between Bluenin and my Oddish....which is suprisingly strong...to save Blue, I'm planning on making it a good part of my team. My team's look a little odd right now but I'm fine with that....hmmm I wonder what five and six are going to be.

Edit: I made the hard team change and daycared Bluenin, it's great to have a shiny but I don't want it to die but if it can only do damage exactly the same as a pokemon 5 lvs lower than it I think it's time. Thankfully I've had two evolutions and two new captures.

Lets see Clive is still the same just two lvs higher. Aradi evolved into an Ariados. Padmei evolved into a Gloom. I just caught WakaWaka the Sudowoodo and Elite the Growlithe.

Attachments

• 158.gif
    96.9 KB · Views: 194
I did just that, I went to a place in Gold where I knew a good flyer would would...and common. I caught me a lv 20 Natu, named him Seau pronouced (See-You)

Thats a great one too. Well best of luck on the run.

As for news from me. I have failed in defeating Candice.

Failed horribly might I add.

Ah naw im not racist, black people were really slaves thats what i learned in history. And the reason why hes my least favorite is cause hes a nincada i dont really like them i just had to use him as a hm slave.. CURRENT UPDATE: MR.1PUNCH the machoke lvl 37 caught a vulpix lvl 26 now its a ninetales lvl 41 named it COOKIE, i had no choice to evolve it cause i kept hearing how liza&tate are monsters when battling them. SLICE the sandslash lvl 40. SQUEAKERS the azumarill lvl 36. FISHY the castform lvl 42. Sadly my FATE gyarados and SPITZ the swellow died from tate&liza, glad i put MR.1PUNCH in the box or he woulda been creamed. Oh had a tailow in the box and named him SPITZ II hes only lvl 6. Oh i also forgot to say my MR.WIGGLES the seviper died shortly after i caught him by a spoink with psybeam. Current favorite pkmn: COOKIE and FISHY they did a hell of a job tag teamed against liza&tates pkmn. Right now i returned to mt.pyre

Well an update on me. Going to take on some rockets, each of my team are at lv 35, and caught the Red G.

team
Clive the Feraligator
WakaWaka the Sudowoodo
Aradi the Ariados
Elite the Growlithe
Padmei the Vileplume
Seau the Xatu

Attachments

• 445.gif
    132.8 KB · Views: 196
Snortale said:
how? Kazza and that Peliper should have been enough

I had the astonishing discovery that Pelippers do not take full advantage of their flying typing and are vulnerable to grass attacks...

Say a really pissed off female Abomasnow's Wood Hammer attack.

Kazza wielding Focus blast took care of most of them but got KOed by that abusive Froslass of hers. Attack missed thanks to activated Snow Cloak and she KOed him with a nice fat shadowball.

Then proceeded to double teaming her way to victory. Since my sure hitter Pelliper was out for the count.

Made me hate Froslasses even more... I already disliked em so you can imagine.

Update: SHARPY the sharpedo died in combat.. COOKIE lvl 47.. FISHY lvl 46.. SQUEAKERS lvl 38.. MR.1PUNCH lvl 41.. SLICE lvl 42.. SPITZ ll still lvl 6.. Im about to head inside victory road im scared though.. I dont think im ready but im too lazy to train so well see what happens

OKAY HERE ARE UPDATES FOR SS AND MY NEWLY STARTED LEAFGREEN!
I will start with SoulSilver.
Okay, we finally got a brand new Fighting type gym badge! (Now we can fly!)
Sadly Ron the rattata died, just when we were about to win.So please welcome Red the Rattata witch finally evolved in a Raticate, learning Bite and Sucker punch.
Chika evolved into a Bayleef so that is good news. Spirit the Ghastly has not evolved yet and Ruby the Ponyta levelled up after a lot of grinding. Plasma the geodude has not evolved yet.
LG:
Okay, we are still working on Misty
Current team:
Charmeleon
Pikachu
Beedrill
Nidoqueen
Bellsprout

BYE!

Umm yeah, I tried to start this on Sapphire, but that stupid Brawly sweeped my entire team. I seriously hate that Bulk Up spamming bastard D:< Guess I'll be sticking to LG then :(

Well all roads have to end somewhere.. Mine did in the pokemon league.. I did pretty good with the 1st and 2nd elite four. But the 3rd killed my SLICE and MR.1PUNCH. The fourth killed my SPITZ II no surprise there.. And wallace just annihilated me so thats when i gave up and soft resetted starting right at wallace. Then revived my pokes still couldnt beat him. Gave my pokes some rare candies and taught my COOKIE THE NINETAILS hidden power praying that it was electric and what do ya know. IT WAS! So i won after 30 minutes of reviving and healing. Ninetails is a good poke no joke. With that confuse ray and will'o'wisp. But i made it to the last guy and lost, but im just happy that i get to SR for a good natured latias now and get my registeel and regice again =]

My huge break has ended, and I am now continuing my Sapphire run! The following post is the same as my last one, just to remind you of where I left off.

Current Team:

253.png
277.png
322.png
302.png

Yamori the male Grovyle lvl 29
Volans the male Swellow lvl 28
Buwch the female Numel lvl 27 (Changed her name!)
Ombra the female Saybleye lvl 27

Deaths...*sniff*:

Billy the male Poochyena lvl 14
Fuego the male Slugma lvl 27

In da box:

Slave the male slave lvl 2 (Zigzagoon)

That's all, folks!

Im a sucker for punishment... but Its just bothering me to leave this undone after getting so close.

Restarted my Platinum game after transfering my lucky little Lima the shiny Pelipper to my diamond.

Nuzlocke attempt #3

- Radha the female Chimchar. Adamant Nature (I squeed a bit when I saw it was a female AND adamant.)
- Norin the male Bibarel. Relaxed Nature.
- Lumia the Female Shinx. Lax Nature.
- Kiku the female Zubat. Bold Nature.
- Gideon the male Ponyta. Quiet Nature.
- Kaldra the female Geodude. Bashful Nature.

A sprite/sig request to whoever guess my naming theme for this run.

I started trying this out in Emerald after I saw RX's comic. Such an awesome comic... *ahem* Anyway, this is what has happened so far:

- Nearly got killed by all the boxes in the moving van. Stupid moving van...
- Got a Male Torchic. His name is Blood
- Murdered a Mudkip
- Caught a Wurmple. Named it Squishy
- Wally stole my Ralts... I wanted that Ralts...
- Tripped over another Wurmple
- Squishy evolved into Silcoon!
- Squishy evolved into Beautifly!
- OMG found a Shroomish! Her name is Muse.
- Killed another Wurmple
- Caught a Poochyena. Named her Arial
- Blood evolved!
- Got distracted by the sheer awesomeness of Silverchair
- Arial died and went to Hell
- Roxxane was murdered
- Team Aqua was murdered
- Caught Whismer. Named Hip-Hop (I wanted to call it Death Metal but that didn't fit)
- Rival was murdered
- Caught a Sableye. Called it Fear
- Caught a 'karp... called NINJA TUNA
- Squishy destroyed the Dewford Gym, no problem
- More Team Aqua Grunts were killed
- Ninja Tuna evolved!
- Found (yet another) Poochyena! Named it Ariel

So I am currently in the process of burning Route 10 to the ground... and wishing Ariel had been an Electrike or Aron...

I started the Nuzloke challenge yesterday on my Soul Silver game, and here is a diary of it so far:
1. Claimed Cyndaquil from the lab, called Rainbow
2. Caught a Bellsprout, called Plant Lady, level 4.
3. Got Plant Lady to level 5 and Rainbow to level 9.
4. Got another female Bellsprout, called Plant Lady.
5. Traded the lower level Bellsprout for an Onix.
6. Went to Sprout Tower.
7. Rocky died... meh.

So far, so good! Who am I kidding, I suck. :(