• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Night Hunters. [Discussion]

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Quick question, on the type of abominations that were animals given vampire blood, do they have enhanced lifespans or not?
Also I decided to give one of my characters a completely different backstory to what I had down for her so... not gonna know when I'll post bios.

When did the bloodmoon war end?

What was the relationship between the vampires and werewolves?

Would it be okay for Niccolo to claim he experimented on werewolves?

Last question, what year is it by the start of the RP?
I'd say the Bloodmoon war ended in... 1692.

Vampires and Werewolves loathed each other, it wasn't uncommon to see them fighting over things as big as territorial disputes to who gets to devour the human victim. Nobody knows how it turned in to a full on war, but some theories claimed it was likely a dispute between both leaders of the species deciding who was the better creature of the night.

He can say it, but nobody's going to believe him as everyone knows that the werewolves are extinct.

I'd say the starting year of the RP will be 1833? I never bothered with those specifications... >_<

On average, I wouldn't either, but I was wondering what year Niccolo was born. Answer since he is 236, he was born in 1597. Which means he was 97 by the end of the bloodmoon war. Which means he would have had many opportunities to perform his dark magic on them. Niccolo might on rare occasion make reference to his time dealing with werewolves in his relative youth. Relative youth being his 40s, 50s. 60s, and before they became extinct.

1692? Is that a Salem witch trial reference?

And Slavery Abolition Act, 1833, in British history. An act of Parliament that abolished slavery in most.

Not sure if these were references you were making but figured it mention it...

Done with the thing, I think! Made some general changes since last time, mainly to give him more of a reason to exist lol

Name: (Sir) Winston Marlowe

Species: Vampire

Nationality: British (English)

Affiliation: Ambiguous, for now.

Physical appearance: Fairly slender, standing at about 6’4”. His hair is short and dark brown, and no hair seems out of place. The rest of his face has a similar level of spotlessness, as well as the typical pale complexion of a vampire. His eyes, while red to match, are a distinctly lighter shade than the typical blood-red.

Clothing: Winston’s outfit is one similar to many Victorian wardrobes at the time. He typically wears a mixture of white and black, with a neatly-buttoned black overcoat and matching trousers complemented by a white, long-sleeved collared shirt.

Weapons:
* A simple, wooden cane, polished and pitch-black.
* A small steel dagger, for more serious matters.
* A flintlock (rarely used).
* A small vial of a yellow, painful, paralyzing toxin, primarily used to tip his dagger (only used once in a blood moon).

Abilities: Slightly enhanced speed and night vision. Other vampiric abilities are present, but are inhibited by his tendency to almost never exercise them combined with a diet that notably lacks human blood. On a less magical note, he is a capable marksman.

Backstory:
Winston was born a peasant to a family that had virtually nothing to their name. His parents, increasingly paranoid of what could be lurking the streets with them, abandoned him in an attempt to appease whatever was stalking them. In an ironic twist, however, he was completely ignored in favor of his parents. While he was too young to remember the exact events, one thing for certain is that they were never seen again.

Winston spent much of his childhood as an orphan on the streets, hustling and committing petty crimes to make ends meet, and gaining a heavy admiration for the upper class and an aspiration to be like them in the process. One night, ignoring myths and warnings from many who lived near it, he snuck into a manor on the outskirts of town long believed to be abandoned in an attempt to find valuables others had been too afraid to take. To his surprise, however, the interior wasn't decrepit, but very neatly kept. And dark. Very, very dark.

As he traversed the manor, he felt a cold hand fall upon his shoulder, and turned around as his candle illuminated a man behind him. He appeared to be in his sixties or late fifties, yet had secretly lived for much, much longer. The man did not look furious from the intrusion, but had a warm smile, seeing something within the boy and offering him a chance to live with him. While hesitant, the boy still considered it much better than living on the streets, and accepted the offer.

The two lived together for the next three years, and Winston slowly got used to the man’s unorthodox, hermit-like way of living without putting much thought into it. Over time, the man inspired him to become more nocturnal and encouraged his ability to remain unseen, and Winston also began noticing his drinks possessing a more metallic taste whenever the man set the table. This led up to his 18th birthday, when the man finally revealed his status as a Greater Vampire and Winston’s transition into becoming one, one that had formally started the night prior. He began pressuring the boy into claiming his first victim, which Winston adamantly refused.

One night, in a fit of uncontrolled rage, Winston stole holy water from a church and used it to poison the Vampire that had cared for him the past three years. In his last moments, the Vampire seemed to give a demonic smile before finally succumbing, knowing that he had won, and that one day the boy would become just like him. Winston the human and Sir Winston the vampire spent the next ten years fighting an inner battle, each waiting for someone to come along and tip the scale one way or the other.

Last edited:
Np prob and idk tbh, might see about waiting to see who else joins. Speaking of which, I dunno if there are a few people who reserved spots and have yet to make their characters.

Then there's where to start off, most likely with a Vampire attack somewhere to help things start off with a bang.

It's not stated in Angron's bio, but I wanna go ahead and have silver lining the edge of his axe, and embroidered around the flute.

And of course, Niccolo is gonna want some of that regen.

Should I add these descriptions to their bios?

Referencing an earlier post: Other than killing his Greater Vampire caretaker in an unfair fight, yeah. I'd say that, for the most part, Winston has stayed out of Vampire-human affairs up until the story starts. There'd likely be rumors of him residing there, though, which could lead to a Vampire/Night Hunter paying a visit and getting him irreversibly tangled in it all.

I was thinking, though, that he'd still have some connections or at least some cursory encounters with some of the other vampires. Stuff like arranging a deal with Niccolo/Vira could be how he got the poison he has.

@ThAtGuY101 Go ahead with the add-on stuff and as for the killing and dissecting Greater Vampires, Niccolo should be careful on which Vampires he does it to.

Edit: And I was thinking sometime shortly after the start of the RP, maybe a couple of Night Hunters decide to pay Winston a visit, hoping to turn a neutral Vampire against his own kind.

Makes me tempted to have Lawrence intimidate him in regards to wanting to dissect his most loyal subjects and just remind him that Lawrence is younger than him, but he knows exactly how to kill Vampires... and the most painful way of doing so.

@ThePlayfulFox Sorry, I just decided to go with that theme.

I know, I know. But it doesn't fit my character. Especially since I'm going with an elegent but dangerous feel. (Basically after becoming a vampire she only wanted more and more power. Though I gave her a weakness by making her have a soft spot for humans, thinking them to be adorable)).

Niccolo is very loyal so it wouldn't change much.

I could imagine IF we decide to have Nicollo supply poison, perhaps there's another reason. Maybe the dead greater vampire wasn't so loyal after all... Thoughts?

If the vampire is loyal than Niccolo wouldn't do it. Strong vampires are better off alive, even to someone like Niccolo.

A bit. However, she does know sometimes the beloved pet must be eaten. She also still uses thralls, just isn't very strict. However she isn't afraid to kill those who act against her.

Her time as working as a thrall herself has effected her slightly. That and the rest of her family are still thralls

@ThAtGuY101 that may be a good idea. I'm still thinking that Winston found his own way to kill him out of anger instead of making a deal, though Niccolo may have come in when figuring out how to get rid of it and cover it up. The Greater Vampire would likely be semi-loyal yet still reclusive, almost sort of a vision of a reality where Winston throws out his morals and embraces his potential fully.

Alternatively, some trickery could be involved where Winston convinces him that the man was planning something, went through with the murder before he could get the poison, or simply found a way to steal a small amount behind Niccolo's back. Currently I'm thinking "Winston gets impatient waiting to receive it and improvises" would be the best route to go down.

And @Red Gallade that was what I was thinking of. I feel like they'd know he exists, but wouldn't be sure as to how neutral/violent he actually was, which could lead to some tensions or misunderstandings. It's your call, though, and I can go with pretty much anything.

Also thinking of ideas for more minor characters. Maybe a Vampire that feeds off of debtors.

Name: Elizabeth Conerbray
Species: Greater Vampire
Nationality: England
Affiliation: Vampires (extremely loyal to the Vampire Lord. More than most)
Physical appearance: Elizabeth has curly black hair that cascades down onto her shoulders, hiding a bite scar on her neck from a rekless vampire bite from when she was human. Her eyes are a deep, dark red color. She's very pale, almost snow white, in color and stands at 5'3 with a slender frame.
Clothing: Elizabeth wears a blood red tea dress with black accents and sleeves that stop at her elbow. When her hair is pulled up due to company, she wears a choker that covers her scar.

A tea dress is a dress that combines medieval and 1800's fashion. It's noted for its simpler appearance and more loose sleeves and there is no extra fabric in the back extending the butt. However, it does tightly fit around the torso, often a corset on top of the dress (in Elizabeth's case, it's black)
Weapons: Silver coated dagger (only uses rarely)
Abilities: Increased strength and speed, flight, suduction, sharp claws and fangs, and shape shifting
Backstory: Elizabeth was born to two Thralls, stuck with a Greater Vampire since birth. She grew up around the castle with her older brother. The vampires didn't mind them much as long as they stayed out of trouble, and of course if they do a few lesser chores like cleaning. Then, one day her was old enough to do actual Thrall work. He was suduced and offically became a Thrall. She saw how it changed him and didn't want to go down the same path. She didn't know of the Night Hunter's existance at the time, so she only saw one way out.

She had to become a vampire herself.

Elizabeth asked the Greater Vampire if she could join their ranks. He agreed, if she served them as one of the Thralls for five years. She accepted. For the first two years, she was a normal thrall, but she gained the rank of a Great Thrall.

After gaining her powers, she changed. She was no longer the same. The vamperism unlocked a cold and sadistic side of her. And a lust for power. She has a soft spot for a few humans though, viewing them as adorable like a human does a squirrel.
Other: She has a crush on the Vampire Lord. She is also considered one of the softer vampires, don't let that fool you though, she is willing to kill those who either get in her way or try to stop her, even if they're humans. Bloodmoon, because I'm lazy.

I know that Kreig will get killed, which is why I made him. though I kinda wanna give him a little touchy moment when he dies. Upon dying, Kreig shows some humility in defeat, and possibly encourages the Night Hunters to kill more vampires IF a Night Hunter kills him instead of a displeased vampire.

Name: Kreig
Species: Great thrall
Nationality: scottish
Affiliation:
The Vampires.
Physical appearance: Krief is 6'7 ft. but is very skinny. He's pale, has orange eyes, very short bright red hair, a thin 5'o clock shadow. He has scratches up and down his arms from many fights amongst his fellow thralls.
Clothing: He wears a ripped olive green tunic, Green and red kilt. No shoes, but has bandages wrapped around his hands and feet. Be very careful when the wind blows around him. (he does like to flash the full moon to antagonize his opponents).
Weapons: Knuckle dusters.
Abilities: Same as any great thrall. all that good strength speed ,and other stuff. He's not very bright though.
Backstory: Kreig grew up in an orphanage as a kid. It was a rough life. The orphanage didn't make enough funds to feed everyone so some of the residents would have to hunt food to keep everyone full. The people who gathered more food got to eat more than the others. Not much, but enough for the residents that hunt, to do so rather competitively. Kreig was a small boy that didn't stand much of a chance against some of the other residents. So he had to cheat ,and do anything he could to be the best. One day, someone managed to steal his hunt, and pass it off as theirs. Which prompted Kreig to lose. In a fit of rage, Kreig killed the boy whom wronged him. In fear of being hung, Kreig left his home. He unfortunately found himself in the company of a lesser vampire who would use him as a thrall.

Kreig was 15 when he became a thrall. He became a great thrall by the age of 16 through hard work, but mostly cheating, lying, sabotage, and stepping on weaker thralls to get where he is. Kreig knows he's very low on the food chain, and is extremely loyal to his overseer. Kreig also holds a decent amount of resentment to his superiors, but is smart enough to know that he can't beat them. At least not fair and square.
Other: Kreig is a bit of fool hardy great thrall. He revels in fighting, and winning. He enjoys the feel of power, and tries to emulate his superiors. Even though that is one goal he cannot catch, he still reaches. Kreig has no shame nor moral compass to guide him, as he was brought up that way. Despite his very competitive nature, Kreig does hold a some loyalty towards his fellow thralls, and maybe a bit of respect for his superiors.

I know I said no double posting, but...

I think I might see about starting the RP thread tomorrow, starting off with the Night Hunters in town after hearing of a Vampire attack to start it off with a bang. Just one of those nights where they don't have much to worry about with a simple Vampire, if you have any ideas on potential connections this Vampire could have to other chars, lemmie know. It won't be much, but it will help the chars know one another better for more story ideas, I can only think of so much.