• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Nem Gen- Reloaded

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Yep. I'm back to spriting again. Some of these are just meh, others I am really pleased with.

grass.png

1-Florabbit Type- Grass

The grass starter. I wanted to keep away from dinosaurs. It would have the usual grass moves, like absorb and Razor Leaf.

2- Buninja Type- Grass

Ok, doesn't really look very ninja like, but I love the name. I imagine it would have Leaf Blade, which extends from the leaves on its arms.

3- Samurabbit Types- Grass/Fighting

Again, not very samurai like, but I love the way this one came out. It should have a high attack stat for Leaf Blade etc. Those flowers and skirt make the females look so cool.

fire.png

4- Turmolta Type- Fire

Well, we have had a grass and water turtle starter, so why not a fire one? Its "shell" is just burning lava.

5- Turvolca Types- Fire/Rock

I know, huge disadvantage to water, but it has a high special defense. The lava has cooled to rock now, and the heat has started to burn the skin.

6- Metcano Types- Fire/Steel

And now the rock has hardened in to steel, and the skin has become charred. It Should have the usual fire moves, maybe Iron Head or Flash Cannon too.

water.png

Water starters are now near the end of the page.

birds.png

10- Cikco Types- Normal/Flying

Basic chicken bird. Nothing special, just a basic form.

11- Squawken Types- Fighting/Flying

I have always liked this design. It's a little fighting chicken. I imagine that only the males will evolve to the next stage.

12- Coostral Types- Flying/Fighting

I'm not too sure on the design, but it looks ugly in a good way, if that makes sense. It should have a high attack for move like Brick Break and Arial Ace.

bugs.png

13- Sheilug Types- Bug/Steel

I always wanted a shield bug pokemon, but could never pull it off before. Bug/Steel is a horrible typing, but the stats could make up for that.

14- Armight Types- Bug/Steel

I love how this one came out. I wan contemplating making it either Bug/Fighting or Fighting/Steel. Still not decided.

sheep.png

15 Sheamy Type- Normal

If you see Sheamy in a field, you will fall asleep. Very basic design, but I like it.

16 Woolmere Type- Dark

Using the cannons on its shoulders, Woolmere fires balls of wool that are coated in a poison to make others sleep. It then steals their dreams. It would have a move set like Hypno, Hypnosis, Dream Eater etc.

The following Pokemon have no numbers as yet

lyons.png

? Cotlyon Type- Grass

A cotton spore lion. I'm not as pleased with this as I am the next one, but it does the job. If the spores are all blown away, Cotlyon becomes very weak.

? Dandlyon Type- Grass

I love this one, although it looks a little too like the component pokemon. Someone on the TV mentioned dandelions, and I just had the inspiration.

pumpkins.png

? Patchkin Types- Grass/Ghost

I love pumpkin pokemon, and it just had to be a ghost type.

? Rootkin Types- Grass/Ghost

This is my favourite of this line. The roots coming from the ground worked really well.

? Pumpking Types- Grass/Ghost

This is ugly, but it works as the final stage. The body section has split, revealing the fire like heart of the pokemon. The roots need work, but they are ok for now. I imagine it would have the Flash Fire ability, and a new attack called Inner Fire, that burns the foe and activates Pumpkings ability. Flamethrower would be learnt as soon as Rootkin evolves.

Ringzel.png

? Ringzel Type-Water

I love this, it looks so cute, and unlike other pre evos I have attempted, came out well. Basically it is a Buizel that can't swim yet, so needs a life ring.

centaurs.png

? Shadorse Type- Dark

Ok, so it looks cute and too much like Ponyta, but I still like it. I made this retrospectivly to fit in with the later evolutions .

? Centarrior Types- Dark/Steel

I'm not as keen on this one, but works as a good middle stage. It really needs a sword of some kind. I need to think about it, but its movepool might be quite limited.

? Centamour Types- Dark/Steel

I love this thing. I drew it first out of this line, and originally thought it could be a standalone legendary, but I think I like it too much for that. I love the way the head came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. i love how you did the male/female split on the starters. maybe on the fire starters, it'll be like the slakoth line, with a different movepool for the middle one where the only way Metcano can learn rock type moves w/o tms is by getting them on Turvulca.

i dont really see why you dont like Azumer, i think its awsome!

i like how Armight has those 2 brown forearms, it makes it unique in this series, having multiple arms, it they are arms...

the patchkin line is really good, for some readon though, i like Rootkin a bit more than Pumpking

Ringzel-one word-cute

as for Centamour, if you like the legendary status he could have, but dont like it being a standalone, why not make him part of a trio? that would be awesome

id really like to see more of your work

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I was considering cutting the two pre evos out, and making a Minotaur, Pegasus, Cerberus or something, to make it part of a set of legends.

I prefer Patchkin to Pumpking too, but I think it fits as a final stage. I may try to rework it at some point. On that note I am considering reworking the water starters at some point, they really bother me.

WOW, Nemesis! Those are amazing.... Comment time, but only on the ones I want to! :p

Those grass bunnys are awesome! I love how they're not Dinos anymore. So cute, wittle bunny-wunny...*AHEM* Sorry about that...

The fire starters are...The most awesome thing I've ever seen.
The first stage reminds me of a pokemon that will sleep all day.
Turvolca... I can tell you used charmeleon's head...It's VERY prominent.
The final stage, for lack of a better word....THE MOST AWE-INSPIRING THING I'VE EVER SEEN! So stinkin' cool....

The water ones....I'm not so fond of... No comment.
(Metcano is still the most awesome thing ever....)

Cute little chicken...Aww...

Armight is SAWEET!

The pumpkins are.... SO COOL! Sorry for the dorky MAR reference...

Ringzel, the cutest stinking pokemon the world has ever known.

Shadeorse is MUCH more awesome than Ponyta, and I love the little pony, it's just, the dark pony always wins out. 'Cause I like greek stuff. Yeah, I'm biased.
It's second form is SO awesome!
It's final form should be a legend, though. It's that cool.
Just, give the centuar twosome a chance. Give 'em a new final if you make him a legend.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm loving these revamps and new additions - a lot. There are some that do look a bit off, but these things are pains in the ass to do, and you've always kicked my ass at doing fusions that don't actually look like fusions, so they're all still victories in that sense.

Centarmour is the coolest fucking thing you've ever made. Ever. I want one.

But I want a Thornatops revamp >=O.

Gotta say, Sheamy and Centarrior look dang nifty. All of the rest are good too, though those two stand out as my favourites. What's this about 'Thornatops' though?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
3%20Bloomatops.PNG

It's Bloomatops, not Thornatops, apparently. >_>

It was always my favourite of the original sprites in this series - I wants a revamp. >=O

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Hm, I may remake the grass dinos later.

Now, however, I have made a decision on Centamour. It is a psudeo-legendary. Only one Centamour can be caught, and then can breed for Shadorse. All Shadorse can evolve, but only 25 % of Centarriors can evolve in to Centamour. I like this mechanic, and will use it for the next pseudo-legendary for this Gen...

minotaurs.png

Minitaur, Minokull and Minotone. All pure fighting types.

I also redid Pumpking a bit...

pumpkins.png

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Shadorse's line is easily my favourite. They're all very good, but I'm especially fond of Shadorse.

I'd also like to see a re-vamp of the Grass-Dinos from the last load.

Those are all awesome concepts, but I can't help but feel uncomfortable at Florabbit, Turmolta and azymph. They bear a striking resemblance to my fakemon, evolutionwise as well....ah well, weird coincidence...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
JESUS CHRIST IT'S A DANDELYON GET IN THE CAR

I'm amused by the sheep with wool cannons. Was it you who made a comment about expecting to see Flaafy evolve into some kind of demon wool-cannon'd sheep and instead getting Ampharos? I forget.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
How come? Is it a gender-specific, like Vespiquen?

Nope. Centarrior/Minokull have flags to say wether it can evolve or not. On 25% of these pokemon, it is on and a certain person could tell you if your Pokemon has the potential to evolve.

Stel, that could ahve been me. Or Alex. I forget. We blend in to one person most of the time.

Any comments on the other Pokes?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I rather like the shield-bug's first form. The second is too bloody Heracross-with-Ninjask-Face-Glued-To-It.

Minotaur!Final and the Centaur thing are also rather nifty. That's all the comments I have, though. Not too big on the others. ^^;

I love those sprites, especially the water starter ones and I was wondering if I could use them for a game I'm making?

I'll give credit.

Also can I make a request? If so, could you make an evolution of Weezing?

And I'm sorry that I'm reviving, I just wanted everyone to see these great sprites.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
new ones! I finally got a water type line that I like. Expect more to arrive soon.

waterpirates.png

Parrate, Partain and Spectain. Spectain is water/ghost obviously, and is known for using Aqua Ring and Curse as a combo.

Shielug and Dandelyon really caught my eye, very inventive stuff.

Maybe it's just because I hold pirates in high regard, but I just don't think I like that last evolution line too much. (Given me incentive to start spriting my fakemon though)

Keep 'em coming.

new ones! I finally got a water type line that I like. Expect more to arrive soon.

waterpirates.png

Parrate, Partain and Spectain. Spectain is water/ghost obviously, and is known for using Aqua Ring and Curse as a combo.

Pirate Pokemon ftw, Chatot just can't cut the sheer awesomeness of Parrate. Although is it just me, or does Spectain seem to have a kind of girlish figure going on there?

This is my second favorite to Minotone. Good job!

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
[quote author=Nemesis link=topic=2302.msg25261#msg25261 date=1182763191]
1-Florabbit Type- Grass

The grass starter. I wanted to keep away from dinosaurs. It would have the usual grass moves, like absorb and Razor Leaf.

2- Buninja Type- Grass

Ok, doesn

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Only just saw that post, HL.

There is a brand new version of Pumpking on the site, a much cooler one.