• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Dylan laughed and looked her in the eyes, smiling warmly. "Just stick with me, and I'll take care of the rest." Alright. It's showtime. "So, how about that upcoming formal, huh?" He said casually as the two walked around the gym.

She flushed as he stared into her eyes, calmly speaking. “It's kinda exciting,” she smiled and shrugged. Staring at the ground, she focused on an even pace.

Dylan took a deep mental breath before continuing. "This is gonna seem ironic, considering our conversation last period, but..." He then took a deep physical breath before continuing. "Would you, by any chance, want to... go with me?" Well, I got the words out. No turning back now.

Lis smiled, glancing at him. “I was planning on asking you later, so, yes,” she laughed softly. By the time the sentence was done, they had reached the finish and Lis untied their ankles.

Ezren sat in the Technology room, typing furiously on the keyboard. The reason he'd seemed so glum, was the same reason people felt happy. The formal was tiresome and preposterous- to him that is. Nevertheless, his Father was going to be there, so he needed some simpleton of the school to go with him. Anyone would do... he glanced left and right at the other nerds gathered in the room with him. Someone other than them... he sighed.

Dylan's mind went blank as he watched Lis untie their ankles and stood there. She was what now? He finally kicked himself back in reality a few seconds later and smiled at Lis, chuckling. "Now I must say, I did not expect that. Thank you." Dylan was blushing faintly.

Last edited:
Laura had untied the cloth that attached her and Even's legs, and put it back.

"That was...exciting." Laura said sarcastically, as she looked at the time. "Class was short today."

The bell rang after that sentence, signaling her third period class, Technology. She then quickly got changed into her casual picture day clothes.

"Shall we?" Laura said holding out a hand to Even, and bowing, pretending to do some royalty act.

Last edited:
Even smiled, finding Laura's royalty act to be quite amusing, as he took her hand that was offered to him. Even even returned the bow with one of his own. Even gave a nod that he was ready to go to tech class.

Even would follow Laura before he'd move to his seat and his computer. Even would simply wait for class to fill up and begin as his mind focused on other matters.

“No problem,” she smiled at Dylan. “Well, better get changed for tech.” Lis departed to the locker room, changing back into her picture day outfit, and heading to tech with her needed supplies.

Dylan nodded and left for the boys' locker room, changing into his regular outfit before leaving the gym. He gathered his things and caught up with Lis, flashing her a grin as the two walked together to the computer lab.

Computer class then started, and like most days, we got a free day. Laura went on one of her favorite websites, Pokecharms, and decided to respond to the thread, "The Life of Highschoolers" Role-play, which was fun, and exciting. Then she deleted the tab and went on Quotev, seeing how much updating of her fan fiction, "Pokemon: The Kids of Kanto" online.

When Ezren proceeded to his next class- in his peripherals- he noticed the same girl that he encountered in his previous class. He approached her, smiling gently. "My sincere apologies, for the way I acted before," she looked at him, tilting her head. "I feel like we got off on the wrong foot," he continued. "I can make it up to at the upcoming formal." she kept the same expression, then smiled.

"Well, when one assumes that another is interested in him, you can seem like a doof," she chuckled. Ezren looked down, nodding. "I don't think I can forgive you." she smirked. "You'll have to make it up to me at the Formal." Ezren laughed with her, standing in the empty hallway.

Given Even had a free period, he would simply go to YouTube and begin to surf through some Let's Plays using a pair of headphones provided by the instructor.

Though Even also had a tap open with tuxedos & high priced suits that he could get for the formal. Even wasn't from a well off family, but he knew he had to get something nicer than usual for Laura. Wouldn't be fair to her to be stuck with the only "bum" at the dance.

As soon as class had started, it was over, and Laura had straightened out her leather jacket. The bell rang, signaling Yearbook Photo's.

"Picture time!" she said happily to herself, as she got up from her seat. "Ready?" she asked Even.

After Even had asked her to the formal, Laura felt like she couldn't be apart from him anymore. It clicked when he said date, and Laura felt she was coming off as clingy, but couldn't completely help herself.

Even had been searching through different suits for purchase before he saw Laura call him and quickly closed the tab. Even put his borrowed laptop away as he turned to Laura with a nod.

"Ready when you are." Even said with a smile as he got up from his seat and was ready to take the picture. Though his mind focused on how he could get a fancy suit like that. He didn't have that money on hand, but there had to be something he could do. However, he'd concern himself with that later.

Dylan had been sitting next to Lis, occasionally glancing at her and smiling. It was still a bit hard to process the fact that given time, Lis would've been the one asking him. Well, whatever. At least we're going with each other. The bell rang, signaling the start of pictures. Dylan stood up and offered his hand to Lis, smiling brightly. "You ready to go?" Holding out his hand this time felt much more relaxed than the last time he did that.

Lis glanced at him, a soft smile on her face as she took his hand and got out from her seat. “Yep,” she nodded, her curly ponytail barely bouncing as she and Dylan followed Laura and Even down to the room. Lis smiled sort of sadly as she watched them happily walk together. She felt a little left out, but that was in her own behalf for not communicating with either of them much.

Entering the room with Dylan, she waited in line for her name to be called.

Dylan grinned back and stood next to Lis as the two waited for their pictures to be taken. He turned to Lis, a small question on his mind. "Hey Lis, for the formal, would you want us to go as friends, or actual dates? I'm fine with either, so I want you to go with the option that's more comfortable for you."

“A date is fine,” she replied, gazing at the camera before her name was called. She stepped to the seat, put in her pretty smile, and the camera flashed. When she was allowed to see, she thought she looked nice, so she agreed with it. Before leaving, she smiled at Dylan and head to her locker.

Dylan smiled and nodded, watching her as she took her picture. She looks amazing. Dylan grinned at her as she passed by and headed toward the booth when he heard his name. He smoothed his shirt and khakis and sat down on the stool. He smiled casually as the camera flashed, not thinking too highly of the matter and went over to the photographer to take a look. Deeming it satisfactory, Dylan nodded and walked toward his locker to get his things. Holding his books in one hand, he walked towards Lis' locker and waved, smiling.

Last edited:
Ezren stood in line with the other students, he waited for quite some time, given the fact the the line moved at a really slow pace.
He noticed a couple of his 'new-found-acquaintances' huddled in the line as well. Once all was done, he met up with Dylan and Lis. "Greetings," he smiled, nodding. "Quite the exciting day, hm?" he chuckled.

Laura had walked down to the picture room, and had eventually taken her picture. Then was guided to a spot on the floor, for the group picture, of the Sophomore year pictures.

(Are we Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, or Seniors?)

Last edited:
(Meh, I'm fine with any of them)

Dylan smiled and nodded in greetings. "Hey, Ezren. Good to see you. It's a bit hectic what with the upcoming formal and picture day." One of the teachers walked over to the group and waved, trying to get their attention. "Guys! You'll be taking a group picture soon, so make your way to your assigned room for the photo."

Even would go to take his own individual picture before being instructed to go and join the others for the group photo. Even would comply as he made his way over to the area of the group photo.

Even would take a spot on the floor next to Laura, greeting her with a wave before he waited for the other students to arrive.

(Given that they are all at the age of 16, I'd say they're Sophomores)

Ezren started towards the designated room- and stood near the middle of the group, given his height. He awaited for others to enter, eager to get it over with. I'm missing a ton of class time... he glanced to his left, then right. He'd spotted Sara, the girl he was going to the Formal with. She smiled at him, then directed her attention towards the camera.

Last edited:
Dylan smiled at Lis and gently took her by the hand. He led her to a spot on the ground and stood next to her as the cameraman got them in position. "Alright, looks good! Everyone give a nice big smile...." Dylan put on the same grin from earlier.

Lis smiled attractively at the camera, not moving when the flash flickered around the room. The man behind the camera squinted at the picture before nodding happily, and saying they could leave if their picture had been taken already. Leaving the room, she joined with a few girls she had known for awhile, and caught up with them as they walked together.

Dylan noticed that Lis had suddenly disappeared and spotted her exiting the room, conversing with some other girls. Leaving them be, he left for lunch, taking his lunchbox. He arrived at the cafeteria and opened his lunchbox, greeted by the aroma of shrimp spaghetti. Dylan sighed as he got his fork out and started to eat, washing his bites down with sips from a bottle of water. A girl walked up to him and poked his shoulder flirtatiously, a smirk on her face. "Hey, you. Wanna go to the formal with me?" Dylan swallowed a forkful of noodles and glanced at the girl. "Sorry, going with someone else." The girl gasped, her smirk slowly deteriorating into a frown as it was made clear she wasn't expecting to get rejected like that. Stifling an angry shout, she stormed away and sat back down at her table.

Ezren started for lunch, forgetting he forgot to bring his- due to the fact he'd left his home abruptly. So, he had to purchase something in the food court, which was dreadful for him, so he wasn't looking forward to it. He approached the line-up, waiting for a short while, tapping his foot to the music the boy ahead of him was playing. When he had got his food (A hot-dog and some apples), he slowly trotted over to a random table, then glanced at Dylan- who seemed to be seated alone.

"Hey there," he smiled warmly, taking a seat beside him. "These 'dogs are surprisingly good." he stated, taking a huge bite out of it.

Dylan nodded in greetings and chuckled, drinking some water. "Interesting. I've never really been one for school lunch unless I was really hungry, but I guess those are decent, huh?" He leaned back in his seat. "So, you get asked to the formal?"

Ezren chuckled along with him, then took another bite. "Well, I thought she was going to ask me," he shook his head. "But I assumed wrong," he went on, "After that, Sara, was quite mad at me, so I thought I'd make her feel better," he took another bite. "By asking to accompany me at the Formal." he took a breath, then finished the hot-dog.

"What about you?"

Dylan shrugged as he chewed and swallowed, finishing the rest of his lunch. "I asked Lis to the formal, which might have conveyed my feelings for her, and she accepted. She actually said that she had been planning on asking me, so that was a bit overwhelming."

"It'll be okay, I think she really does show some interest in you," he nudged his shoulder chuckling. "Plus, you're a good dude, I suppose..." he smirked.

The two conversed, and time went by, so fast, in fact that it was almost time for the next period.

Laura was already sitting outside underneath the tree, eating the school's hot lunch, which consisted of Little Ceasers Pizza, waffle fries, peaches, jello, and chocolate milk. Laura had taken two slices of cheese pizza, and had started munched on one already, happy pictures were over. Laura glanced over at Ezren and Dylan, who seemed to be conversing. But her mind was focused on other things. And no, not the formal. It was Lis. Lis had been Laura's very first girl friend, and now it seemed as though Lis had no time for her. It felt like what they had in the past was stuck in the past. It just wasn't there anymore.

Dylan laughed and wiped his mouth with a napkin. He talked quite a bit with Ezren until he looked at the clock and noticed that it was almost time for the next period. "Well, I gotta head to English. See ya later." Dylan grinned as he got up and made his way to his locker to gather his things.

Laura ended up finishing her lunch and walking to her locker, forgetting to clean up her tray. She gathered her stuff for Math, and headed that way, sitting down in a desk one space away from the window.

Even took his usual seat by the window of his math class, which out of pure coincidence was close to Laura, as he turned to his formal date.

"Sorry I missed lunch. The Nature Club had a meeting during it." Even said, feeling the need to explain why he wasn't with Laura during lunch.