• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

"Oh, it's fine." Laura said turning to him.

She had a lot on her mind so she tried not to show it. Then the teacher started class. They were learning about equivalent equations, but Laura wasn't paying attention. She was thinking about Lis.

Ezren nodded to Dylan, then head to his 'Creative Arts' class, humming once again to himself. When arriving at the small room, he took a seat and pulled out a canvas- that he was to paint on. The teacher gave him a word, and he was to draw it.

The words were quite simple, and, while he lacked the skill to draw, he thought he did an exceptional job.

Dylan arrived at his classroom and set his books down, taking out a sheet of notebook paper per the instructions written by the teacher on the whiteboard. The essay prompt was: "Think about something that means a lot to you. Write it down and elaborate on why you chose that thing." Dylan thought for a few minutes and began writing, starting with a quote he had seen from an anime before: "The moment I met her, my life changed. Everything I saw, everything I heard, everything I felt; all the scenery around me started to take on color."

Lis had caught up with the girls, scheduled a hangout in a few days, and ate with them before heading off to her next class. She noticed Laura seeming out of it, and distant from her, like they barely knew each other. During class, it bothered her in her seat, not paying much attention to the lesson.

Laura was handed a math paper, and that was her consequence for not listening. All of the stuff on the paper must've been what everyone was learning about. She glanced at the board, which had a few examples. Which were now being erased from the board. So Laura could only guess. She filled in some random bubbles, and handed in the test. After some minutes of waiting, the bell rang, and it was time for Art class.

Even would follow Laura. His friend seemed...troubled by something and he wanted to know what.

"Sorry if I come off a nosy, but you seemed to be deep in thought over something. Would you be willing to share what it is?" Even asked Laura as he walked with her.

Dylan finished writing as soon as the bell rang and turned it in, heading out of the classroom. He was glad that he was able to get his feelings off his chest through the essay. He arrived at the Music room and set his things at his assigned seat. In big, bold letters the teacher had written: PIANO IS OPEN! DURING CLASS, YOU MAY COME UP AND VOLUNTEER TO PLAY WHATEVER PIECE YOU LIKE IN FRONT OF THE CLASS! Dylan smirked. This was going to be fun.

Laura stopped walking and sighed. Then she let it all spill out.

"Well, Lis and I were great friends, but then she met the Dylan kid and things went downhill from there, and I never get to talk to her anymore, and she was hanging out with old friends, and it feels like she has no more time for me, and it's all crumbling down on me." Laura said, slowly breaking down into tears as she talked.

Oh darn it, I hate to see her cry. Okay, you can do this. Just...just comfort her.

Even would go and give Laura a gentle hug, giving her a chance to tear up against his shirt.

"It will be okay. I'm sure Lis doesn't mean to blow you off. She's just caught up in the romantic fever around campus. Once that dies down I'm sure she'll come talk to you. Just cause she has a crush doesn't mean she'll stop being your friend." Even said, in an effort to reassure Laura. Even had to admit, he also wasn't the biggest fan of the fact that Dylan and Lis seemed to spend so much time together and Lis hadn't been as social with himself and Laura lately. However, Even was also sure neither one meant any harm and that things would be back to normal once the date drama of the formal had passed.

Laura hugged him back, letting the tears roll down her face. When Laura backed away from Even's hug, she held out a hand.

"Let's go to art." Laura said, in a gravely voice from her recent crying.

Even smiled and accept Laura's hand, using his free one to grab a tissue he had in his backpack.

"Sure thing. I've got these as well, if you're interested." Even said with a smile as he offered the tissue to Laura, should she want it of course.

Laura grabbed the tissue and wiped her eyes. She silently blew her nose and threw the tissue in a nearby trashcan. Then she entered her art class, and sat down at a table, taking out the sketch pad she had tucked away under her arm.

The bell rang, signaling the start of the period as Dylan sat down, his mind on the piano piece he would be playing. He hoped that his "practice" a few nights ago would help him play it again just as well. The music teacher walked up to the front of the classroom, ringing a bell to calm the hectic students. "Alright, class! I trust you've seen the announcement, so any volunteers?" Many hands went up, but Dylan waited, until the teacher called out for the last volunteer. The other performances had been decent, a few mistakes here and there, but Dylan applauded nonetheless.

The teacher quieted the class down and said, "I'm gonna pick the last one for today..." Dylan raised his hand with a smile. "Dylan Sage, is it? Come on up!" There was some light applause, almost drowned out by a sea of whispers. "Dylan Sage?" "Who's he?" Haven't seen him around here..." "He's a new kid, right?" Dylan walked up to the piano and rested his hand on it as the teacher smiled. "So, Mr. Sage, what will you be playing for us today?" "Chopin's Ballad in G Minor, Number 1, Opus 23," Dylan answered in a clear voice. The teacher inhaled sharply as the whispers increased in volume, all of the piano players in complete understanding of the difficulty of that piece. "Is that so? Well, I wish you the best of luck."

Dylan sat down on the bench and rested his hands on the keys, playing a powerful but controlled double octave pedal C. Continuing with the piece, he let the world die out around him, only focusing on the melody as he played. Once again, he melded his emotions with the piano and played his heart out, paying no heed to the widened eyes of the students, or the tears shed from the teacher's face. Dylan reached the ending and closed the piece with a crescendo, releasing the sound of the last chord into the air, resonating throughout the room. Once the sound faded away, all was silent. No one dared move a muscle or even breathe. Sweat dripped from Dylan's face as he got up and bowed stiffly, hands shaking from fatigue. One soft clap was heard, followed by another as others joined in, until soon, raucous applause filled the air with an occasional whoop or whistle. Dylan looked up, wiping the sweat from his face as he saw the class standing up from their seats in a standing ovation.

Last edited:
Lis slipped to her locker, grabbing her art supplies. Art was a favorite for her, and she was glad that she was able to do it. So, when she stepped in the classroom, spotting a down looking Laura, she couldn't help but feel she did something wrong, and that it was her fault. She hadn't been spending much time with her due to the new friendships and such that suddenly caught up to her.

With her sketch pad on her desk, Lis bit her lip and drew out an anatomy of a girl crying. With a few layers of pencil and erasing, she added detail to make it look more distinguishable.

Even would get his own art supplies out as he had taken his seat in Art Class. Even saw Lis walk in, still holding the belief that things would work out.

None the less, Even would begin his own drawing. One of some birds flying over the blue sea. Even wasn't the best, but he felt he had gotten better thanks to this class.

Dylan got a paper towel and wiped his face as the teacher approached him. "Wow. Your playing is astounding, to say the very least. How long have you been playing? Have you been taking lessons?" Dylan nodded. "I've been playing since age 8, and I took lessons occasionally." The teacher handed him a slip. It read: Regional Piano Competition, register at the website below. Dylan looked up at the teacher, who said. "You should compete. I have a very strong feeling you could bring home first prize. He shrugged and folded the slip, putting it in his pocket. "Maybe." He sat back down in his seat and leaned back, waiting for the period to end.

Once Ezren was done with his class, he decided to check out the Music room, which he was hesitate to do- given the fact he hadn't heard the soft taps of the piano, ever since he was a child. He approached the classroom, lined with musical mechanisms in rows, pedestals and stands at the students disposal. When he started towards the door, he heard the teacher ponder for volunteers, striking one of his nerves. What if they make me play...? he shivered- deciding to stand on the inside of the door, barely visible, but still able to hear.

A couple of nice compositions were played, mostly on the piano, so he tried to butt out the sound of it, which was fairly challenging. "Dylan Sage.." he heard, perking his head towards to the baby-grand piano near the middle of the room. Dylan marched down, quite nervous, but something about his expression.

It told him he had done this before.

The boy sat down, and as soon as he laid his fingers upon the piano keys, it struck a nerve in Ezren's mind, as Dylan fluently went through the verses. That...That's exactly what Tato played... Ezren thought through all of the hardship Dylan's music brought, it gave him a feeling that he'd never felt before, as if it was like Harmony itself was mixed into the composition.
When he came to the end verse, Ezren gave a small clap, along with the many others.

Ezren smirked, leaving the room, starting towards his next class.

Last edited:
The bell rang, and Dylan got his things, ready to head to his next class. Many students he had never seen before came up to him with friendly grins and pats on the back while the others talked about his performance with awe. Dylan smiled at everyone who came to him and apologized as he made his way through the crowd and into fresh air. He noticed Ezren walking out of the Fine Arts hall and caught up to him. "Ezren!" Dylan smiled and greeted him, walking along side the boy. "I'll bet you heard me playing?"

Ezren was almost to his next class, when a familiar voice called to him- he looked back to see Dylan, he slowed down his pace, letting him catch up. "Hey," he said back to the boy, he smiled softly. He asked if he'd heard the music Dylan played, Ezren nodded, widening his smile. "It was beautifully composed," he blurred out, sighing, then shook his head. "That was Chopin Ballade No. 1 in G minor- er," he thought to himself. "Op' 23." he smiled, walking along the side of the hall with Dylan.

"You're very talented." he stated, smiling once more.

Laura liked to draw about her feelings in her own way. So here's what she drew. She drew two kids, sitting in a tree, and two kids on the bottom, who were truing to climb it, but couldn't get up. If Laura were to describe her picture, she'd say she did a quite realistic drawing, but she couldn't speak for anyone else.

Dylan laughed and sheepishly rubbed the back of his head as they walked together. "Well, I guess..." He smiled at the compliment and thanked Ezren. Suddenly, the books he was holding against his chest slipped and fell to the floor, making a thud as they hit. Dylan was silent as he stood there, hands shaking uncontrollably.

Last edited:
Ezren glanced back at the thump that was heard. He looked to see that Dylan had been frozen, unable to move a muscle- clearly something was wrong. "Dylan..." he echoed, tending to him, putting both hands on his shoulders. "Dylan, snap out of it!" he shouted, sweat poured down his face, as if he had been defusing a highly dangerous bomb.

Dylan breathed in and out, shaking violently. His mind was screaming at him to stop, along with Ezren, but his body couldn't comply. He tried to control his trembling hands but to no avail. Finally, his body gave out, and Dylan passed out from fatigue. Probably what he got for pushing himself too hard during Music.

Ezren widened his eyes, putting his hand underneath the boys back, heaving him upwards- lifting him then proceeding to the nurses office. "Dylan, stay with me!" he exclaimed, laying him down on the nurses table, to which startled everyone in the little room. "What happened?" one of them screamed, setting him up, putting him on the proper trolly.

Dylan was barely conscious, slipping in and out of reality. His breath came out in short bursts as he trembled violently. He stirred for a bit, seeing himself in the nurse's office, too numb to wince at one of the nurse's high-pitched shriek as he finally gave in and collapsed, seeing no more.

Lis flipped the paper over, doodling plainly on the back. Her mind drifted around as she wrote with her left hand, practicing cursive and anatomy of faces. Sighing, she rest her head in on hand, staring at the paper with her hand still.

The nurses rushed around the office while one dialed 911 and another sent a message over the PA system, trying to stay as calm as possible. "Students, a fellow classmate, Dylan Sage, suddenly went into shock and passed out. Due to the unexpected event, we are dismissing school early. Teachers and staff, at this time, please execute protocol for early release. School will start and end as normal tomorrow. Thank you." Click.

Laura looked up at the P.A system speaker, and sighed. People were always getting hurt now, strangely. She stopped drawing her last hair of grass, and shut her notebook in fury now, but also some depression. It was the last period anyhow, so it didn't really matter. She'd finish this at home. She walked to her locker, and started packing her things.

(@Gamefreak1996)

Lawrence and Rico stared each other down in the school parking lot, a very clear tension between them. It had been a long day for the Brazilian, and the last thing he expected was to see the one person that gave him the creeps waiting for him. "So, I hear you're quite infamous around here." Rico said, his eyes a pair of daggers.

"Oh? Infamous how, exactly?" Lawrence inquired smoothly, making that bone-chilling smile. "I haven't done anything against the rules, if that's what you're implying. I'm just your average, every-day information merchant."

"Information, huh?" Rico scoffed.

"Affirmative. I gather all the information I can about my fellow students, and even the staff and teachers." Lawrence explained. "If you need to know when someone's birthday is, or perhaps an enemy's weakness, that's where I come in. I'm a walking databank."

"And just where do you get this information?" Rico asked, feeling a bead of sweat form on his forehead.

"I have my ways, but I prefer to keep them to myself." Lawrence answered, chuckling. "I must go now, I'm afraid. Terribly busy. Ta-ta." Before he was out of sight, he turned back around. "Oh, and by the way, Fernandez, I'm terribly sorry about what happened to your brother back in Brazil." Satisfied by the shocked look on Rico's face, Lawrence rounded the corner and disappeared, leaving Rico wondering how he knew that.

Dylan finally came to in a hospital bed with an IV in his arm. He yawned once and sighed, looking at the room number on the sign next to the door: 8B. His phone started ringing on the desk next to him, and he picked it up, answering. "Hello?" "Dylan, this is Mom. I heard you got sent to the ER, everything fine?" "Yeah, I'm good." "You played the piano again, didn't you?" Dylan laughed. "Yeah. Pushed myself too hard again." "Alright, well, let me know if you need anything." "Got it. Bye." Click. He set his phone down and leaned back in the bed, staring out the window to his right.

Lis had disappeared out of the school, immediately heading for the hospital. A determined expression was clear on her face as she gripped her bag, and pushed open the hospital doors, stepping up to the desk. “I need to see Dylan. Dylan Sage,” she said seriously. The lady at the desk raised an eyebrow, and after moments of arguing, she threw her hands up and agreed to let Lis in. She led the teen to the door, where they stopped and the woman walked a few steps away, waiting. Waiting for approval to come in, Lis knocked on the door a few times.

Dylan watched the scenery from the window as the streets bustled with cars and people walked through the sidewalks. He was snapped out of his stupor when a couple of sharp knocks came at the door. Was I expecting anyone? He called out. "Door's open, feel free to come in!"

Lis gently opened the door, poked her head in, and then entered fully, closing the door behind her. She smiled at him, a bit of a worried expression added in. “You okay?”

Dylan smiled brightly as Lis walked in. He laughed and nodded. "Better now." He gestured for Lis to come closer and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry if I gave you a scare earlier today. I just pushed myself too hard during music, I guess."

Last edited:
Lis set her backpack down and sat at the edge of the mattress, a relieved look on her face. “Okay. I was really worried, so don't do it again, okay?” she said, half jokingly, but truthfully serious.

Dylan laughed brightly and looked at Lis, smiling warmly. "I promise." He sat up in the bed and checked his phone. "Well, I get discharged from here in about half an hour, would you mind staying here with me until they let me leave?" He looked back at Lis, smiling again.

Last edited:
Slightly flushed, she nodded with a small smile, fumbling with her hands. She looked down at the floor before hesitantly looking back at him, mind racing. “Can I, um, tell you something?”

Dylan leaned forward, curious. "Sure, go for it." She was blushing and looked a bit nervous. It was a bit concerning, seeing her uncertain and flushed like that.

“Okay,” she said, holding her breath before exhaling and turning to him. “I like you. Kinda really like you, actually,” she said, shifting her eyes to the side to avoid any awkward eye contact.

Dylan blinked at Lis for a brief moment, and got up from his bed. He stood in front of Lis and smiled. "You know what's funny?" He exhaled a deep breath mentally as the words left his mouth. "I'm glad you're here, because I was planning to say the same thing." Dylan's face flushed as he looked into Lis' eyes, still smiling warmly.