• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

She looked up at him from sitting, eyes wide and a grin forming on her face as she stood up, nearly throwing her arms around him a hug, while she happily laughed.

Dylan chuckled as well as he watched Lis' reaction, especially when she threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He hugged Lis back, gently wrapping his arms around her. "So, I guess we became much closer friends than we thought." He laughed.

Last edited:
She smiled cheerfully, hugging for a couple more seconds before letting go and stepping back. “So the formal is definitely a date,” she chuckled. Her heart fluttered around pathetically, as she glanced around the room.

Dylan smiled at Lis. "Indeed." A nurse walked inside the room and looked at Dylan. "Your discharge papers. Just sign right here, and you're good to go." He took the papers and signed on the form, handing it back to the nurse, who smiled and left. Dylan turned back to Lis and smiled, taking her by the hand. "Let's get out of here, shall we?"

Grabbing her backpack with her free hand, she nodded, and the two exited the room. Down the hall, Lis spoke. “Anywhere you wanna go?” She asked, tilting her head at Dylan.

Dylan reached into his pocket, taking out a 10 dollar bill. Just something I brought with me, just in case." He grinned at Lis as he put it back. "Wanna head to the frozen yogurt place? My treat." The two walked down the hall, hand in hand.

(Awe! How cute!)

Laura had walked out onto the football field. Practice wasn't today, and she wasn't sure why she had stayed after school. She just felt so alone right now. Mixed feelings of anger, sadness, depression, and jealousy. All she did was drop her bag on the field, and flop onto the grass, as tears streamed down her face. They were silent cries, that couldn't be heard. And while laying down, she was very hard to see, with the bleachers blocking most of her body. Maybe a single foot, or her head could be seen.

Even's Nature Club was canceled today, so he had been wandering around trying to find Laura. He guessed she was either at home or checked to see if football practice was on, so he went to the football field.

What Even say broke his heart, his friend laying on the grass with tears in her eyes. Even knew that something was wrong so he quickly floped on the grass next to her as he gave her a concerned look.

"You okay Laura?" Even asked, worried about his friend as she was crying on the grass next to him. Even hated to see her cry, so he wanted to do whatever he could to be there for her.

"I can't take it anymore.." she said, her head against the dirt. "I feel like a piece of crap, and everything seems to be crumbling in my life. I don't know what I'm feeling anymore..I can't even tell." Laura said, as she started to flinch a little, every time she'd breath to talk, like a little kid.

She had the pit in her stomach, that appeared a lot when she was feeling bad, or bad for herself. So much had happened today, and her mind was focused on one thought solely. Nothing at all.

Even was growing more heartbroken as Laura's reaction. Even guessed this had to do with Lis not spending much time with them these days, but Laura's emotions had to come from something more than that.

However, the reason was irrelevant, Even had to do something to comfort her.

"Don't say that. You are a wonderful, kind person who shouldn't be needlessly beating herself up. If there are problems in your life, maybe talking about will help." Even offered, he'd listen to whatever she would have to say.

Laura paused for a minute, and looked at Even.

"Are you available to come over, chat, maybe?" Laura asked, as she blinked away some tears that started to crawl from her eyes.

Even would smile at Laura's request, giving a nod.

"Of course." Even replied simply, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a tissue to hand to Laura, in the event she wanted it of course.

"Don't mention it." Even said before he quickly got up once Laura blew her nose & walked away. Even would then make his way towards the garbage can, where she was waiting for him.

"Ready? It's this way." Laura said, as she grasped his wrist and pulled him out of the school yard, which was now abandoned.

Laura dragged the poor boy all the way to her house, where she knocked on the door, which was soon answered by her mother who had arrived home on Monday with her father.

"Hey mom. I brought a friend over, if you don't mind." Laura said, as her mom nodded, and she skipped inside, hiding her depression from her parents.

She never shared anything with her parents.

Even had to admit, he was not prepared when Laura grabbed his hand and began to drag him towards her place. Laura's kindhearted nature often made him forget she was a football player and being trained in self-defense, so she had some strength to spare.

None the less, Even didn't voice a complaint as Laura led him inside her place and give a quick explanation she brought a friend over which Laura's mother seemed fine with.

Gotta admit, not used to hanging out at someone else's place. Or in general. Hope I don't make a fool of myself...

Laura led Even up to her room, on the top floor, down a hall and to the right. It was a large room, with two beds that her parents payed for when she had a sleepover, or as part of a guest bedroom. Her walls were painted a dark blue, and her closet was walk in, two-sided, for the person staying over. Her rug was just like a normal rug, and her bookcase was filled with many different books, from "Dick and Jane" to "War and Peace". Her bed was a Queen sized bed, the other bed being King sized, and they both had soft covers, and a set of five dark blue pillows.

"This is my room. You like it?" she asked, a kind of sad tone to her voice.

"This is...amazing." Even said, clearly in aww as he took the liberty to walk around and examine the room. It was undeniably better than his own room. Even would then flop on one of the beds, the king sized one, before he quickly stood up and gave Laura an apologetic look.

"S-sorry. Got ahead of myself, shouldn't sit on something like that without asking." Even said, a little embarrassed over flopping on what could have been Laura's bed for all he knew. Even felt he had to be at his best behavior now that he was at someone'e else's place and felt he had not gotten off to the best start.

"Nah, it's fine, it's a guest bed, if I have a friend over or the night, or if a guest comes. I share a room with the guest, which is annoying sometimes, but not when you have friends over." Laura continued.

Laura thought for a minute, wanting to have Even spend the night, but Laura had never had a girl and boy sleepover, so she wouldn't know what to do.

"I get it. My mom works late hours so I usually sit alone in my room so I'm no expert on a two bed room, but I guess so a second bed when no one is there to share it with you can be bit taunting. But when you have someone over it's all worth it." Even said, thinking back to his bedroom and how much more he'd rather sleep on this bed.

However, asking to spend the night would be pushing things. Even would not push for something Laura would not be comfortable with.

If you don't ask how would you know if she has a problem with it?

Shut up!

Laura decided to take her chances and get used to it.

"If you'd like, and have the time, I wouldn't mind if you slept over." Laura said, using some simple hand gestures. "We'd have fun. I have an Xbox 360, Wii, and Playstation 4 downstairs that's barely used. Not to mention the TV's huge. We also have a bunch of movies, and a fire stick, that has Kodi, and Covenant, where we can watch endless numbers of movies. And board games, a huge backyard as well. Cards, books, you name it, we most likely have it." Laura said, trying to persuade him to stay.

(I realize now that I just described my house.)

(LOL, sounds like a nice place)

"YES!" Even yelled out, not even a second thought at the offer. However, it quickly dawned on Even how...eccentric to say. Even let out a cough before he spoke again.

"I mean...as long as it is cool with you." Even replied, his voice much quieter than before.

Laura couldn't help but giggle, and nod.

"Yeah, I'd love that." she said, still giggling.

Once she had recovered from her giggles, she turned to Even, asking what he wanted to do first.

"Well I'm not a tech guy, but I've always wanted to play a video game. What games do you have?" Even asked, having seen other students play video games and wanting to try it out for himself.

"We have a lot, actually. "Escapist", "The Evil Within", "Halo", "Bioshock", all games, "Rabids", "Just Dance 4", "Minecraft", "Mario Party 8", "Splatoon", all "Legend of Zelda" games, and some multiplayer Pokemon games, almost like Role-play, actually." Laura said, vowing through a short summary of a few games she had.

Even recognized the name Pokemon and was naturally curious.

"Pokemon multiplayer? I've heard of Pokemon, but am not too knowledgeable. Still I'd like to try that out if it's alright with you." Even said, making his choice among the few games Laura had listed off.

(@kageyama)

Dylan slipped the bill back into his pocket and glanced back at Lis, smiling warmly as he walked with her through the hallway until they reached the exit. He opened the door and held it open for Lis until the two were outside. He turned to her, hands in his pockets. "So, how about it?"

"I'd love to play! One of my favorites. C'mon." Laura said, as she grabbed his hand and pulled him out of her room, down the stairs, and into the basement, where she found the Pokemon game.

She took out the disk, injected it into the PS4, and pressed the power button to the PS4 and the TV. Then, she changed the input, and the game popped up. It looked like a real Pokemon anime, but you controlled the characters, what they say and do. She handed Even a controller.

"Ready?" she asked.

Even took the controller and gave a nod, though admittedly he was bound to have some questions.

"Okay, I know only a bit about Pokemon. My understanding of it is that people in this world go to find, capture and befriend these creatures called Pokemon. Then you battle other people with them. A-am I on the right track?" Even asked, hoping he didn't come off as an idiot.

"Definitely! But in this version, you can talk to others, use different animations, give your character a voice, expression, and give your character their own dream." she said, as she started to move the character that resembled her.

"Really? This game is very detailed." Even said as he began to move his own character around, following Laura's character as to better understand the game mechanics and what to do.

"Yeah, it's kind of like Roblox, but anime styled, and in certain region's every game. I customized my character a while back and named it. You can do so by going to settings. You can choose hair color, style, eye color, clothing, shoes, hats, and things to put on your wrist. It also gives you the ability to get a certain bag, or handheld item." Laura said, as she used an animation to lay on the ground and look at the sky, so Even could better see what she meant. "I heard it took a bunch of years to make." Laura continued, standing up. "Try customizing your character."

Even gave a nod as he would go to settings as directed. Sure enough, there was a character customization option as Even began to alter his character model, trying to make it look more like him. Even was amazed at the options, he could see why this game took a long time to make.

Soon enough, Even's new character model looked like him. Even had a smile on his face as he moved his model and had it lay on the ground next to Laura's looking at the sky.

"This is awesome. Especially now that I can play it with someone." Laura said, as she looked at the sky.

Then she got up. She was given the option to reach in her bag. Then, her inventory came up, and so did a small box. It read,

"This is your Inventory. You can find items or buy them, and they will show up here. To start things off, you have received a note from the Professor, Prof. Oak, telling you to meet at the Pokemon Lab in Pallet."

"Shall we head to Pallet?" Laura asked, as she clicked an animation that made her hands move for emphasis.

"Sounds good to me, lead the way." Even said, as he clicked on animation to respond to Laura's character.

Pokemon Lab? Professor Oak? I assume he's the guy to go to so that we can get out first Pokemon. This world is so fascinating. And well, playing with Laura is fun not gonna lie.

"Alright! Follow me." Laura said, as she walked through a small field.

Suddenly, a tiny city came into view, with a sign that said, "Welcome to Pallet Town". Laura continued in, and saw a large white and red building, with a windmill in the back.

"This is it." she said, as she made her character walk up the stairs.

She clicked the 'A' button in front of the door, and there was a small cut seen, of her opening the door, and closing it behind her, as the game wasn't so detailed that you could open it for others. Then she took a few steps in the house, before it went back to the real game.

Even would have his character follow Laura's through the field and towards Pallet Town and into a building. Once the cutscene was finished Even's character followed Laura's inside.

Soon another cutscene had begun, and it was them choosing their starters, Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

"You first." Laura said, as she had the ability to offer first player abilities to second player.

Okay, who do I pick. Water type, fire type and grass type. I'm not knowledgeable on this type system, but I guess grass beats water, water beats fire and fire beats grass. In that sense...

Screw it, I'll just pick the one whose design I like the most.

Even had his character select and pick the Charmander as his starter. Even was offered the chance to give it a nickname, which he declined.

"Perfect! Squirtle, you're mine!" Laura said, as she picked up the Pokeball on the right. "It was my second choice after Charmander...which makes me the rival!" Laura said jokingly, as she held out the Pokeball. "Battle?"