• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

“Yeah, sure!” she said cheerfully, eyes shifting to his hand. She saw the flush creep onto his face, and her cheeks tinted as well. However, she took his hand for a second, before letting it fall along with her own. Awkwardly, she glanced away with a red face and a nervous smile. “Uh, let's go..?” she suggested.

Dylan chuckled nervously and nodded. "Yeah." His blush grew deeper as he started to walk to math class, mentally letting out a huge sigh of relief. HHHAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Thank God!

She followed behind, hands in her pockets with a slightly embarrassed look on her face. When they arrived to the classroom, Lis scanned for a seat, and spotted an empty one in the back, near-between Even and the interestingly popular male who she had seen before. He had been a part of the cream cheese thing with the boy, Joseph or something, who took her food.

She set her books from her bag in the desk in a neat arrangement, silently tapping her foot as she zoned out from the teacher, heading bits and pieces of the ongoing lecture.

Dylan took a seat a little close to Lis and opened a textbook absently, as emotions swirled wildly around his mind. Embarrassment, shock, guilt, confusion, but there was something else. Happiness? Lis' hand had been soft to the touch, gentle and warm. Dylan quickly snapped himself out of his stupor and started taking notes.

Laura sighed glumly, as she grabbed the math book from her desk and started taking notes for the days assignment. She looked over at the new kid, and then at Lis, which made her more glum than before. Then she glumly did her assignment, hiding her down expression.

Even noticed Laura seemed...off. Like something was bugging her. Even didn't know what it was, but he couldn't focus on that at the moment. He needed to get this assignment done.

I should talk to her about it. She's helped me more times than I can count. It's the least I could do.

Lis occasionally glanced at Laura, a bit worried. She seemed suddenly out of it, and Lis felt like it was partially her fault. Her face still felt a bit warm and blushed, but she had to take notes and pay more attention. Unfortunately, Lis had a pretty short-attention span and began doodling some realistic cats in the corner of her paper. While focused, she did a little thing where she barely stuck her tongue out, sketching away.

Soon enough, Dylan gradually grew bored of the teacher's lecture on linear equations and was lost in his own world. For some reason, he couldn't take his mind off of Lis. What was this feeling? Come on, Dylan! You just met her! As if she'd feel the same about you after a few minutes of conversation. And yet...

'So boring.' Zeke sighed as he copied down the last of the notes from the textbook and the actual assignment. Once he was done, he laid out his right hand to let it relax from all the writing. 'And I still have English later on... great.' Zeke quietly groaned as he looked up at the front of the class. Most of the kids who you usually hung out with him were actually sitting up front since they had arrived a little before class started. Honestly, Zeke didn't really mind. The kids who were sitting around him didn't seem to be annoying, so that was a plus. Sitting near him was that smart girl from the other day and not too far away from her was Dylan. Zeke had noticed them walk into class together but didn't think much of it. He was a little put off that Dylan didn't even bother to greet him, but there was no helping that now. Zeke looked up at the teacher and saw that the lecture was still going on and kids were still writing notes and doing the assignment. Zeke laid back in his seat once again as he waited until the teacher said to do something.

Laura finished her assignment with twenty minutes to spare, and handed it in, as she glanced at the A- being put on her paper. An A means Laura passed, and another way to make mom and dad proud. Especially after their little...talk on Monday. Laura hasn't heard from her since...

Lis glanced around a bit, slumped forward, and rested her head in her arms. Her eyes shifted to the back of Dylan's head, and she curiously squinted for a second before looking down. He seemed interesting to her. When she realized she was supposed to be doing the assignment, she awkwardly sat back up and continued writing her unfinished work.

It hadn't taken her long to finish, and handed the paper up. She caught a glimpse of her grade: an A-. She mentally smiled and sat back down, opening her loose-leaf notebook and picking up her pencil. Once again, she started doodling. It went from flowers, to foxes, and to fairies until she decided the page was full enough.

Even handed his assignment soon after, receiving a A. Even was satisfied as he went back to his seat to stare out the window. Even quite frankly had a lot on his mind. Between the blackmail note and Laura's downed mood Even had to think things over to decide the best course of action.

Dylan mentally kicked himself back into reality and started working on the assignment, applying theorems and solving for variables. Even as he did an assignment, though, his mind wandered somewhere else. It took Dylan longer than expected to finish the assignment, and he turned it in as he waited for his grade. A. That's not too bad. I might have been able to do better... well, can't change it now. He flashed a small grin at Lis as he returned to his seat and sat back down.

Zeke noticed the other kids had turned the paper in to the teacher and he mentally cursed himself for not paying attention. When he handed the assignment in, he watched as the teacher graded it. He nearly cursed out loud when he saw he got one question wrong. It was still an 'A' though, which wasn't anything to be ashamed of. However, Zeke had made sure to double check his answer on that one question which made him wonder what had gone wrong in his calculations. Once he got back to his seat, he immediately opened the textbook and started to figure out what he didn't understand.

Lis caught the grin towards her, and returned it with her own smile. Glancing at the clock, she saw that there were still quite a few minutes left. She then quickly looked at Even, who seemed troubled. She'd ask him what was wrong later. Then, she looked to the opposite side towards the boy named Zeke, seeing he was studying a problem in his textbook. With nothing else to do but wait, Lis stared into space, eyes averted to her lap.

"Alright class, the rest of you can have that assignment for homework, while you pack up and head for your next class." Mr. Hubor said, while shooing off the class. Laura got up and quickly headed to English not waiting for anybody. The halls were isolated, telling she was the only one out of class yet. But she heard a door from outside open, and she looked around, before being pulled outside by her hood. A hand cupped around her mouth, as Laura straightened out her eyesight. It was Henry, and two of his goons. They went to the side of the school, avoiding the windows so they couldn't be seen. "Don't make a sound, mud brain." Henry said, as he grabbed a rope from his minion and tied it around her hands and feet. Then he was given a tranquilizer gun, strangely, and shot Laura in the shoulder, knocking her out. When she awoke, her mouth was covered in duck tape, and both her arms and hands were tied together. She tried screaming in the pitch black room she was in, but she thought for a minute. Not even Henry could pull off something like this, but that was the face she saw. Did Henry actually Lock her up? Was he hiding her? Using her? For Blackmail? Money? A bunch of thoughts raced through her head, as she tried biting through the tape. It didn't work.

Last edited:
"Curses." Zeke mumbled to himself as he realized the problem. Such a simple mistake caused him to get the whole problem wrong. Atleast now he knew not to repeat the same mistake. He was caught off guard when he heard Dylan whisper to him. Zeke looked over to see Dylan waving him. "What's up Dylan?" Zeke replied to his friend, keeping his voice low enough that only Dylan and a few others could hear.

(@Yellow.anime That took a very dark turn. xD)

Dylan sighed in relief mentally and grinned playfully. "You better watch out in technology today. I'm going to dethrone you in Pokemon Showdown." He jumped slightly when the bell rang, throwing him off guard. "Well, that was a shock." He got his things and walked over to Lis. "I have English next. What about you?" Dylan smiled warmly. With any luck, we might be in the same class.

Even had moved to English class, and was about to sit before he noticed Laura was not there.

Odd, Laura left class before I did yet she isn't here. I'm probably overthinking this, still...

Even got up and left the room, taking a moment to inspect the hallway to see if he could find Laura. He didn't see her, so he decided to wait outside the class for her before class would begin. Even tried to dismiss this feeling as just paranoia. But he felt something was just...off...

(LOL I know, and its unrealistic. I tried to think of something else to knock her out, and a bat seemed to morbid, so I had no other ideas.)

Laura tried to scream. She tried to escape. She even stopped to wonder where she was. She knew this was dangerous. What if someone took her to help out with a heist? Or kidnapped her for blackmail. Then a thought came to mind. The blackmail Even was talking about? This might be it, but maybe not. Laura decided to stick with the thought that it was the blackmail, just so she could calm down and wonder why she was worried.

Class is about to start and no sign of her. Okay Even just try to stay calm. I'm sure she's fine, but I can't just play it safe...

Even went inside the class and quickly explained he had to go to the nurse and was excused by the English teacher. Even scanned up and down the hallway and found nothing. Even then decided to go check outside to see if he could find any trace of Laura. Something wasn't right, Even knew that much...

Laura then started to worry. Was something missing? Her question was answered when Shen turned to see if anything was missing and her hair flew into her face. She always wore a ponytail, burn it was out of her hair, making it go down to her stomach. Her ponytail must've been left somewhere, so maybe someone would find it.

Even was about to just put an end to his search before he noticed something on the ground. Even crouched down and picked up a ponytail.

This...this is Laura's! I'm sure of it. Damn it where is she!?

"Laura!" Even called out, as he began to search the area he found the ponytail while he kept calling her name out in the hope she would hear him. Something was wrong, and Even knew he needed to find Laura.

Laura heard a small calling, which sounded like anmuffled voice, that was soon recognized as Even's "MMMMMM!" Laura tried to plead. But the duck tape over her mouth stopped her from speaking.

"Yeah, we'll see." Zeke replied to Dylan's comment with a playful grin of his own. Suddenly the bell rang and the whole class soon started to walk out. As Zeke walked into the hallway, he heard some people call his name. "You know we weren't going to not confront you after what you did this morning to Joseph. That was so funny!" Jonah replied, chuckling a bit. "Yeah, I bet you didn't see it while you were running but they had to hold him back. You know he would've beaten you up if he caught you." Jonah mentioned. "Shut up Joe. You wouldn't have had the guts to do that." Another bigger kid said. "Yeah, thanks for shutting him up Jack." Zeke finally said as he walked near his classroom. Suddenly, Joe became a little more serious. "Did you guys see Henry earlier today? Him and a few friends looked ready to kill someone." Joe stated before he checked the time. "Yeah, sounds weird but we have like a minute left so tell me later." Zeke said, not knowing whether or not to take Joe's word. Joe always seemed to be paying attention to the more dangerous ones but Zeke doubted Henry was that crazy. Zeke finally walked into English class and sat down in a seat near the back.

Even was getting desperate. He kicked down every door he could find, he searched every corner he could in the area. Even questioned everyone he ran into in his frantic search for Laura. During this Even kept shouting her name and held her ponytail tight.

Where the hell are you Laura? I swear you better not....I can't think about that. I am going to find you. That's a promise!

Laura started I worry, and pathetically cried. She didn't want to. She didn't know where she was. All she knew was that she was in a cramped space, very dark, and very quiet, except for Laura's muffled screams. If Laura had to guess where she was, she'd guess a janitors she'd, a warehouse, or someplace near the school. You can't carry a football player very far.

"TALK DARN YOU WHAT DID YOU SEE!?"

"I-I saw Henry and his friends. They carried something over t-to the nearby warehouse. I-I swear that's all I saw!"

Even dropped the kit he interrogated who apparently caught just a glimpse of Henry and his goons carry something that the kid couldn't make out across to the nearby warehouse. Even was seething as he ran over across the street.

I swear I'll kill you Henry. You better not have hurt her!

Even made it to the warehouse and began to call for Laura once more, shouting as loud as he could.

"MMMMMM!!!" Was all that Laura could say under the duck tape. Laura was really surprised that Henry of all people, was able to do this. Just when she thought he was done, things went back to Monday. At least Laura could admit this wasn't the worse thing Henry's ever done.

Even paused for a moment. He could faintly hear...some mumbles. Like someone trying to talk with a sock in their mouth. Perhaps not the most fitting analogy, but Even tried to zero in on the source of the sound.

"Laura! If you can hear me shout as loud as you can! I...I think I hear you, but I just need you to yell some more so I know where to look!" Even yelled out, trying to give Laura instructions so he could find her. Even knew she was here, she just had to be.

Even traced the loud mumbling towards the east end of the warehouse. Even walked down that section before he noticed it coming from behind a closet door blocked by a stack of large wooden planks. Even took a deep breath before he began to push, the stack was heavy and not easy to move. However, Even began to move it inch by inch. Motivated by the desire to find his friend.

I will not let these pieces of wood stop me!

(i'm gone for an hour, and this happens? ive got some catching up to do..)

Lis slid from her chair, collected her books, and tilted her head at Dylan. “Hey, I've got English as well!” Coincidence? Maybe. She smiled, tightening her grip on the books. Laura was quick to leave, with Even not far behind. Her heart skipped a beat but she dismissed it. Smiling and Dylan, she left the room, basically an invitation for him to walk with her.

Upon entering, Laura wasn't to be found. Not long after, Even was gina as well. This set an uneasy feeling in her stomach, this distracting her from the lesson the entire time. “Miss Fifer? I've said your name three times. What is it?” the teacher was now standing in front of Lis. Lis, startled, looked up. All eyes were glanced at her. “Ah... It's-its nothing. Jus'... distracted,” she said quietly, voice wavering at the end. The teacher eyed her before returning to the lesson, and glances, pitying and confused, were still on her.

"Laura!" Even called out as he went over to untie Laura. Even faced his friend with a look of worry.

"Are you okay?" Even asked. Really Even had a thousand questions but decided to focus on the most important one. Even held out his hand that had Laura's ponytail in it.

Dylan grinned and followed Lis to English. Upon entering, he noticed that a large number of eyes were on an embarrassed Lis. Soon, the teacher turned back around, and Dylan took a seat next to Lis, "Huh. That was unusual. Is something bothering you? You seem a little distant."

Laura quickly looked at her wrists and ankle's, noticing there was a rope imprint, but this didn't bother her, for she knew it would be gone in a matter of hours. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." she said taking her ponytail, and hugging Even tight. The friendship hug, she'd call it. If Even hadn't come and find her, who knows how long she'd be in there. She pulled away from the hug and tied her hair back in a ponytail, before breathing a sigh of relief, and collapsing on the ground, exhausted from what just happened.

Under normal circumstances, Even would have blushed from that hug. Mostly due to not getting many, partly due to how...sudden yet nice it felt. However Even needed to focus now as he bent down and would aim to pick Laura up in a bridal carry.

She's been through so much. Henry, I swear you are gonna pay for this!

Laura was picked up bridal style by Even, wondering why. She wasn't hurt, so maybe he thought she was? She could walk, so maybe he thought she was hurt? She didn't say anything though. If she did, she'd think he be embarrassed he did it. Maybe he wouldn't? Laura didn't know, but she did say, "If you're wondering, Henry's done worse."