• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Life of Highschoolers

Dylan thought for a bit. This was certainly an interesting topic to touch down on, to be honest. "Well," Dylan began. "To me, friendship is the kind of trust between you and another that rivals all else. When something goes awry, you can always lean on the support of your friends, no matter what. There's also the friendship between two people of the opposite gender that later transitions into love, but I wouldn't know a lot about that." He snorted at the last remark. Dylan looked at Lis. "What about you? How would you define friendship in your own terms?"

Lis nodded as he spoke. “Friendship to me.. is like always having a support beam, or a supporting wall. Like, you don't have to be afraid to speak your mind, or what you think is right around friends,” she paused for a moment. “It's never being lonely.“ Lis thought to elementary days, when she had plenty of friends, but she didn't really know them.

Dylan nodded at Lis' explanation as well. "That is true. It's nice to have someone you're not afraid to confide in, that's for sure." He glanced at Lis and looked at his desk, face flushing. I seriously need to stop blushing like this. So I made eye contact with her once! Big whoop! Jeez, what's happening to me?

Even walked back to the back window seat as he was paired up with a random student. The student asked him what the term friendship meant to him. Even glanced over towards Laura in the front before he faced the student to give an answer.

"Friendship...is when you are willing to help someone you care about even if they never asked for it. When all you want is to see them happy; and you feel almost as bad as they do when they are hurt. You might not always agree, and you might even argue with each other, but you're willing to eventually move past that because....because you feel better with them than without them." Even explained.

Lis smiled at his glance, her own face flushing as well. Seeing as the entire class was overall simple and laid-back, Lis shifted comfily, and played with her fingers in her lap. “Who are all the friends you've made so far? - out of curiosity,” Lis asked Dylan.

Rico smiled. "Yeah, I understand. You're trying to be independent." After a short moment, he let out a chuckle. "Y'know, you have the same amount of tenacity as I do...or at least I believe so." He looked back at Lis and Dylan and gave a playful smirk. "Well, looks like Lis is attracting attention." He turned back to Laura. "Anyways, I'll pass it on to Even you're trying to be more independent if you want."

Rico then gave his 'meaning of friendship' speech: "To me, Friendship is having a good time with others whose company you enjoy. It involves finding common interests and using them to strengthen the bonds between you. But most importantly, it's about helping each other and listening to each other. After all a good relationship thrives on good communication and understanding."

Last edited:
Dylan smiled and thought. "So far it's just been you and Zeke. That girl and the boy with anger issues seem interesting, so I might try to get to know them a little better." He chuckled.

Lis smiled, small. “They're good people. Really good people,” she paused. “Is Zeke that popular kid? The one who cream-cheesed my apple thief?”

Dylan laughed. "Yup, that's the one. I have to say, that act certainly got him a lot of popularity among all of the students." He glanced at Lis once more and was finally able to hold his blush this time. "By the way, how do you intend to make that guy buy you an apple?"

When the jock from Henry's group had walked into social studies, his heart dropped when he saw that all of the kids that were in the Henry fiasco were in there. He especially feared the one that wanted to kill Henry. He just had to get out of there. As the jock backed away, he felt someone's hand on his shoulder. "Yo, I don't got a partner. Let's pair up." Zeke told the jock. The jock was speechless and he looked to see if there were any other groups available. His girlfriend already had a group because he had come late and there was no one else that didn't have a partner. Then it dawned on him that Zeke had been waiting for him. The teacher had noticed them and pointed to the last two seats. The jock mentally cursed Zeke as they went to the seats.

Once they sat down, Zeke decided to speak first. "I guess we're talking about friendship today. So, tell me about what happened with Henry." Zeke calmly told the jock. The jock just grinned before breaking into a chuckle. "You know what... Screw you Zeke, screw you! I'm going to tell Henry all about this and he'll rip you to shreds!" The jock exclaimed, finally glad to let that out of his system. However, Zeke just nodded his head and continued too calmly chew on his gum. "Okay then, if we're not going to talk about friendship..." Zeke glanced over at the jock's girlfriend for a second before looking back at the jock. "Let's talk about relationships. How are you and Jennifer doing?" Zeke smirked as he watched the jock's expression completely change. "You know what, how about I ask her myself. Maybe I'll also ask her if she knows what you've been doing with Chloe." The jock's frown slowly turned to a grin. "You're bluffing. You wouldn't..." The jock froze as he heard Zeke call Jennifer. Surprisingly, Jennifer turned around immediately to respond to Zeke. "Hey Zeke." The girl giggled a bit when she saw her boyfriend's facial expression. The jock then realized Zeke was not playing around and realized he had to stop him. "Hey dear, um, I told him to get your attention so I could say hi." The jock came up with an excuse. "Aw, that's so sweet. I'll see you after class, okay." Jennifer waved to the jock one more time before turning around. "So now you want too start talking?" Zeke asked when the jock looked back at him. "F-fine. But never, ever tell her about what happened." The jock stated. "I promise. Now tell me what happened with Henry." Zeke told the jock as he sat up to listen.

"So that's it? He ran away like a coward?" Zeke asked after the jock finished telling him what he saw. "I'm telling you, that kid wanted to kill him. If he knew about my relationship with Henry, he would probably come after me as well." The jock replied, fearful of Even. Zeke just shook his head. "Well what did you expect to happen when Henry kidnapped Laura? You thought that they were all going to become friends? Or was it a ploy to get Tommy to rescue her?" Zeke asked sarcastically. "Well, that Tommy idea wouldn't be so bad..." The jock started to say. "Well is there anyone else involved with Henry or is it just Even and Laura?" Zeke asked. He knew that Henry had bullied countless of other kids but there were few that actually stood up against him. "Well actually, there's a couple more. See that girl over there.. with the silver hair." The jock subtly moved his head, pointing in the direction. "The one with that new kid." The jock also said. "New kid, you mean Dylan?" Zeke looked over and saw Dylan talking with Lis. "Yeah, whatever his name is. Her name is Lis and she's part of that group that's been bothering Henry." The jock said before looking over to Laura's group. "His name is Dylan." Zeke repeated, annoyed about the disrespect but happy for Dylan since he had found some more friends. "Whatever, see that boy with Laura, his name is Rico. He came from Brazil or somewhere." Zeke glanced over to the group and saw Rico before thinking to himself. Those four people were interesting to say the least.

"One more thing. I heard you guys talking about someone named Lawrence, who's he?" Zeke asked, a bit curious about the kid they wanted to keep information from. "All I can say is Henry seems to like him but a lot of us don't trust him. There's something about him that's off. He seems to know a lot about everyone. Other than that, he's a cool guy and he's always wearing some type of dress clothes." The jock looked back at Zeke, wondering what he was plotting. "Well he seems interesting. But I think you're giving him too much credit. I don't know, maybe I'll talk to him one day and see what he's about. Anyways, I think we're done discussing. So let's start the class work. What were we supposed to be talking about again?" Zeke asked, completely forgetting about the topic. The jock chuckled after he heard the question. "If you think I'm going to be talking to you about friendship after you just threatened my relationship and interrogated me, then you got another thing coming." The jock stated as he Zeke just laughed at the irony.

“I have my ways. If I'm hungry enough, then I will get a new one from him,” she smirked. Lis could've sworn she heard her and Dylan's names a few times, particularly from a group a bit distanced from their own. She glanced back at them once or twice, but then turned her focus back to Dylan.

“Well, seeing as we've talked about friendship a bit already, how about something else? Like, what are your hobbies?” she asked.

Dylan chuckled softly. "Well, I like to draw a lot, believe it or not. I'm all about the portraits as of right now." He thought for a second. "I also like to play video games, but not a lot. Anime's also something I like to watch in my spare time. What about you?" Dylan was eager to learn more about Lis, the girl whom he couldn't take his mind off of even after sharing only 3 periods with her.

"I know, they'r crazy for each other." Laura smirked, glancing at Dylan and Lis. "Well, friendship to me? Friendship is the special bond you carry with someone. Sometimes it breaks. Sometimes it's everlasting, like how rubber snaps very uneasily. And sometimes...it changes everything. Its the being there for someone, like at a special football game, or helping push the boy in the wheelchair. Its giving a smile to the stranger you pass every day. It's helping someone with homework, it's a gift, that only certain people are limited for." Laura said, explaining friendship.

“Oh, I like drawing as well!” she smiled. “I'm in a lot of sports, so i enjoy those. Hm... I like playing Super Smash Bros, too. I guess that's it. Oh, and I like watching anime as well.” Lis leaned back a bit, interested in the conversation occurring. “What's your favorite anime, then?”

Lis grinned. “I cried for a good hour or so after watching it. It was awesome, no lie, but I'd have to say Haikyuu is my all-time favorite,” she said, happy they were so easily communicating.

(im putting myself in Lis rn tbh)

(Same with Dylan xD)

Dylan nodded. "I also like to play the piano, which is weird because whenever people see me play, they call me Arima Kousei." He made a face and laughed. "Super Smash Bros. is a fun game, actually. Who's your favorite character?"

“I'm not very good at many instruments, so that's cool,” Lis said. “And I dominate as Sheik, and I'm pretty good as Squirtle in the Pokémon Trainer.” She smirked, and tilted her head. “What about you? Who's your best character?”

“We should play together sometime,” she suggested, smiling brightly. Her cheeks were a bit tinged with a light flush, as she was really enjoying this class, and didn't want it to end.

Dylan returned the smile. "Definitely. That would be really fun." Suddenly, he had an idea. "Hey, you don't have anything to do today after school, right? We could play at my house after school."

She thought for a moment. Swim didn't have practice today, so she was free. “Yeah, sure! Like, right after school?” She asked, smiling.

“Cool, so I'll just tag along with you after school, if that's alright,” she replied cheerfully. Lis felt a lot better talking to him from before, when she was shocked at Henry's 'prank'. For now, she didn't want to think about that, and instead enjoy the time she was spending in class.

She's beautiful. Dylan nodded, his smile still warm. "That's perfect." He glanced at the clock and saw that Social Studies was almost over. "Well, looks like class will be ending soon. What period do you have next? I have PE."

Last edited:
The bell rang, and Laura felt like she was confessing to a wall the entire time. She left class for her next class, Technology. She stopped by her locker and quickly put in the combination, before a click was heard. She tossed her notebook in there, slamming it shut and walking away. She wasn't going to Tech. She was going to the bathroom. When she walked in, she found a stall, and sat in side, silently crying. It was like she was back at square one. Laura and Even got in a huge fight, and she thought he didn't want to hang out with her anymore. Lis was hung up over this boy Laura didn't even know the name to, even less get to introduce herself to. Rico didn't seem to be talking to her, for whatever reason. Three friends. One distraction. One popular trouble maker. One letdown. Tears streamed down her face, but she didn't make a sound. Her feet were up on the toilet seat, and the stall was locked. She made no snarl, no hiccup, no sob. It was just tears. Silent tears.

Even had gotten up to go to his locker, only to see Laura shove her things in hers and storm off into the girl's bathroom. Even by this point could tell when she was upset, so seeing her like this only added to the growing pit of guilt in his stomach.

Darn it, why is it even when I try to do something good I muk everything up?

Even waited a minute or two to see if Laura just had to use the restroom. When she didn't come out Even let out a sigh as he walked by the door and knocked on it.

"Laura? Are you okay?" Even asked, knowing it'd be weird if he just walked into the girl's bathroom. Even waited for any kind of response.

Laura didn't respond. She kind of waited there to see if Even would leave, thinking she wasn't there, or if he would wait for an answer. But Laura wasn't going to talk yet. She looked at his shoes from under the door, unsure what else to do. No way am I coming out of here... Laura thought to herself, tears clinging to her cheeks or chin.

Fine. If you won't talk then I will...

"Look Laura, I can tell you're not okay. I'm not gonna sit here and say I understand how you feel at the moment. Cause I think that's the issue. I don't understand. I don't understand how to be a friend." Even said, taking a deep breath before he'd continue speaking to the door and Laura behind it.

"I never had one before I met you. I hated life and thought the worst of others. You showed me there's more to life than that. That there is light in it, that people can be good if you give them a chance. You made me feel something I had almost forgotten about: happiness, true happiness. It's cause of you I'm able to wake up and be optimistic about the day. That I could branch out and socialize with others." Even explained before he took another breath.

"So when I see somebody screw with you, or hurt you I feel pain. It hurts me to see people like Henry do the things they do to you. So I got involved. I tried to correct this situation without understanding anything behind it. I become overprotective, cause I never had a friend before and don't want to see anything bad happen to them. I never considered that you didn't ask for help, or that I'm overstepping my boundaries. I'm just trying to be a good friend, but the truth is I don't know how to be a good friend yet." Even explained, finishing his speech to give Laura time to digest it. Whether or not it changed anything didn't matter to Even, he had to let it out.

Laura took a breath, showing she was about to say something. "I don't feel like a good friend either... You're the first friend I ever had, and I screwed it. I don't know what to do now..." Laura said, that long voice that gets to you when you're crying hard. She berried her faces in her legs, as she continued to cry, her arms wrapped around her legs. The lock of the bathroom stall unclicked, but she didn't come out. She wasn't ready yet, but when she would, she didn't need to take her time to screw with the lock.

Even thought over Laura's words, thinking over what they could do, before he let out a sigh.

"We find a way to work through it. I've never been happier then when we became friends, and I don't want to lose that feeling over this one disagreement. If it means I have to learn how to trust you to take care of yourself more and not get overly-protective, I'm willing to do that. Cause in spite of whatever I may feel, you are my friend and I never want that to change." Even explained, pausing to give Laura a chance to take in what he was saying.

Laura thought about it. She nodded to herself, wiping away her tears and coming out of the stall. "I'm ready to go to class now." she said, voice a little cracked, as she wiped a last tear from her eye, before straightening out her clothes, wrinkled from her slouching. She slowly walked out of the bathroom waiting for Even to follow.

"I'm glad to hear that." Even said to Laura as he gave a nod and he began to follow her to class.

I never would have guessed having friends would have such rocky moments, but I'm prepared to do whatever I have to in order to keep this friendship with Laura in tact.

Lis frowned. “Oh, I've got technology.. dangit,” she replied, a disappointed glint in her eyes. She stood up and gathered her things, still with a bit of a frown. “I'll see you later, though.” She smiled slightly, and exited the classroom. She spotted Even and Laura walking together, but Lis didn't bother to join them. She was pretty sure Laura was upset at her, and judging by the way Even hovered near her, Laura was probably in a worse mood than from before.

Lis had already gotten her supplies for her next class, and had headed inside.

Dylan nodded. "I see. Well, hope I see you in the period after?" He smiled and gathered his things, following Lis out of the classroom. "See ya later!" Dylan headed to the gym and walked into the locker room. He changed into a black tee and black shorts and headed back out where the coach gathered all the students. "Alright, listen up. We're gonna be playing basketball, so I want you to split up into teams of 7, and sit down in your teams once there's enough." Dylan raised a brow and looked around. As expected no one had asked him if he wanted to be on their team. Honestly, he didn't know anyone here! Suddenly a guy walked up to him and asked. "You seem good. Wanna join our team?" Dylan shrugged and nodded. "Sure." The guy smiled and led him back to the others. The team was actually doing pretty well, and won every game. Soon, it was time for the championship. Dylan's team and another. Dylan smiled. Showtime.

Laura walked into Tech class. "Sorry we're late..." she said to Mr. Larson, as he nodded in understanding. "It's quite alright. Take a seat, and go online. It's a free day today." Mr. Larson said. Laura sat in her computer desk, logging on, and going into her music mix app. She took a song called, "Heathens" played it once, and added some affects to it. She gave it a higher and faster pitch, like nightcore, then she added some repeats, glitch settings, like saying the middle of the word multiple times, before going blank, then some extra music, like an added drum, and vibration. Then she listened to it, tapping her fingers on her desk to the beat.

Even sat in tech class as he began to fumble around on the laptop. Even had gone to an after school tutor and had been working one some sound mixing. Just taking some animal sounds and and mixing their calls together. Right now he had been working on a just a dog and a cat.

Curse my lack of tech savvy, but I am not as lost as before. Guess that counts for something...

Currently, Lis was on a site for a ‘first gen Pokémon’ quiz, with 40 seconds left. So far, she had 150 down. Her eyes scanned helplessly at the blank number before her eyes lit up. Briefly typing ‘Gyarados’, she mentally facepalmed. How could she forget Gyarados, of all Pokémon?

Dylan panted heavily as he wiped a bead of sweat from his brow. The game was intense, neither side willing to give an inch, but Dylan's team was down 2 in the last few minutes. The opposing team had the ball and was now making their approach to the hoop. Dylan's eyes burned with determination. No way are we coming this far just to lose. He guessed that the rest of his team felt the same, because now their team had the ball without the other team scoring. The point guard dribbled with the ball as the team ran to the other side of the court, the opponents trying to cover them. Dylan juked out the guy who was covering him and was open for a split second. The point guard saw this and quickly passed the ball. Dylan caught it and immediately took the shot from behind the three point line. Come on! The buzzer signalled the end of the game as everyone held their breath, watching the ball fly toward it's target. Swish. The final score was 61 to 60, Dylan's team. Dylan silently stared as the entire gym erupted in cries of surprise, happiness, anger, and shock. His teammates ran up to him and congratulated him, patting his back and high fiving him. Dylan was finally snapped out of his stupor and chuckled as he tried to assure them it was all luck. He quickly retreated to the locker room and changed into his normal clothes, putting on some deodorant as well. He was greeted by the team captain, who said, "Amazing shot, dude! Hey, you wanna sit with us at lunch? I'll pay!" Dylan laughed and shook his head. "Sorry, I'm gonna sit with some other friends of mine today." The captain nodded and smiled. "Cool, I'll see ya tomorrow!" Dylan nodded as the captain left to talk with his friends. He pulled out his phone and sighed, scrolling through the latest news as he waited for the period to end.