• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of the Darkness

Crow flew above Mt. Lanayru, looking down and circling the peak. She hadn't seen many travelers since the Calamity, but everyone can't stay in there village. She noticed Naydra was flying around also. "Wow! I've never seen a dragon up close!" She smiled, dropping down halfway down the mountain.

Raq tried to turn on the Sheikah Slate, but it didn't work. Despite he had heard about how it worked, he had no idea about how to use it or why didn't work. He turned his attention out of his house and the storm that was surrounding Vah Medoh. "Eh... This thing isn't working." The Rito said worriedly. "I can't go to Vah Medoh with this thing that controls it." He approached a little desk, quite messy, with a lot of papers, maps and other documents on it. Some of them were clean, other were completely filled with annotations and scratches. Raq removed several of the papers until he found a map of Hyrule. It had two points marked, one in Akkala, the other in Necluda. "These are some... Should I say laboratories? That work with the ancient Sheikah Technology. I guess that I should be going to Akkala and try to return here as fast as I can, and let's pray Hylia that this... Thing over there... Don't take control of the Divine Beast."

With no more hesitation, he took his bow and Reinforced Lizal Spear and went out of his house. "Keep an eye on the Divine Beast. I'll come back in a pair of days, maybe even less." Raq shouted to the ones that were there and started to fly in a low attitude, trying to avoid the lightning of the storm.

A window was open in an abandoned house around the halfway point. She flew into the abandoned house, throwing her arrows into a quiver, her bows and sword into the corner. She threw herself onto the bed, looking at a storm surrounding Vah Medoh. She only had heard stories of the flying beast, but it looked scary. Scarier than Silver Bokoblins.

Raq couldn't continue for too long. His feathers were all wet, and he drew the attention of several monsters of the area. He managed to distract them by flying around some trees, but his flying techniques weren't his best at that point. He had to escape but where? He had to stop flying and continue the rest of his trip walking, or, at least, until his feathers were all dry again. He saw several monsters: bokoblins, Moblins, even Lizalfos, but they didn't attack him. They seemed to be distracted, some of them even fighting against other things that couldn't recognize. So... Portals? He thought. At that moment, he didn't want to think about against whatever they were fighting, but something seemed to be odd lately.

He spent some minutes walking until Raq found a house. There, in the Hyrule Plains, the weather was much more peaceful, but he still needed to dry his feathers. The house seemed to be abandoned. I guess there is no problem using it. He thought, but, once he entered in, he was surprised to see another Rito there. He was confused to find one there, but, talking politely, he said: "Oh, hello there, I didn't expect anybody to be here."

Crow looked up at the other Rito. "Hello." She muttered. At least it isn't a Hylian. She thought in relief. She pulled the bandana off her head, standing. "Well, if you need any shelter, you're welcome to stay here."

"Thanks," Raq said. "I promise that I won't stay for long. I have other tasks to do, and they are really urgent." He said, leaving his weapons in a far corner. "I just need a place to rest and get dry. That's all." He opened a small bag he had. It was full of maps and some food, that he wasn't looking for that. Some of the papers were completely wet, so he started to worry. But he sighed in relief once he found the Sheikah Slate and realized that was almost dry too. "I don't know if you live here or... Whatever. But... Thank you for letting me stay here. My name is Raq, by the way."

"I'm Crow. Nice to meet you." Crow said over her shoulder as she walked out the door. "I'll be back. Just getting some food." She flapped her wings and flew into the distance. It was raining a bit, and her feathers were wet, but she was hungry, and needed food. She dodged a flock of birds as she landed on Hyrule Field.

"Well, if you want I can offer you some of my personal supplies" Raq said as he opened his bag and examined again his provisions. I got a lof of apples, maybe we could cook a few with a pair or herbs and mushrooms and..." Then, he stopped looking and his gaze returned to the rest of the room. It was too late. Crow was gone. Raq looked disappointed, but he took an apple and started to eat it. He then took the Sheika Slate and started to inspect it closely, near the window, looking from time to time to Vah Mwdoh, flying in the distance. "I wish I could know what is going on up there and save the Village if that was the case, but without this, it is impossible."

Alix growled, quickly darting out of shadows in the back to instead take her place in the Rito's own shadow within the dry house. The minute the light creature had drawn the Sheika Slate she knew she had to follow. Well, more like instinct made her follow, she herself had no idea why she ended up in that bag. Either way, she looked up at the Rito inspecting the device, unaware that she let go of her shadow form and was not completely solid behind the bird like creature. She mumbled to herself, not thinking that the light creature would hear her.

Crow looked around, spotting a decayed Guardian and a camp of Bokoblins. There was a pile of roasted goods on the ground. Quietly, she took out her Falcon bow and aimed it at a blue Bokoblin, shooting it in the head. "Bullseye!" She cheered, shooting a red one. She swiftly flew down, snatching the pile of roasted items.

Raq stopped inspecting the Sheikah Slate when he heard something right behind him. Fear completely invaded him, scared of looking back. He looked one last time through the window. The Rain stopped, and, though he didn't noticed it, pairs of light red eyes were spying him, hidden between the bushes and ruins. He finally turned and saw Alix. Confused and still scared, the Rito started talking again: "Wh... What are you doing here?!"

She smiled and pushed the goods into her bag, then something moved. The guardian. It's eye glowed a light blue, and it shined a laser at Crow. Gasping, she flew in the sky and shot it with her bow. It shot her in the wing, the Rito plummeting to the ground. She slowly got up, trying her hardest to fly out of the Guardian's reach. She finally got back to the abandoned house, falling just as she flew in the door, blacking out.

Raq was about to put the Sheikah Slate intp her bag again when Crow entered. It is not that he didn't trusted her, but he knew that those ancient pieces of technology were kinda strange and a lot of people or monsters would kill to get it. "Oh, hey Crow. How was your...?" Then the other Rito seemed to fall unconscious, leaving the Sheikah Slate in a table. "Crow?! What happened?" He said as he approached her and examined closely her body and noticing her injured wing. Raq quickly recognized the injury and its cause. After all, he also received a pair of lasers a couple of battles ago. He took his bags, started to take maps and other stuff he had, until he found some bandages and potions and make her drink a few of them and bandaged her injured wing, not before treating it with other potions.

Last edited:
Crow shifted, letting out a short groan before getting up. "Ow...." she muttered, looking at her injured wing. Dumb Guardians. She thought. She stood and walked to the bed before laying down again.

Alix, for a brief second before she was luckily saved by another Rito crashing through the door, had a face that could only be described as "oh shit". Luckily, and unluckily, it seemed that not only were the light creatures underprepared it seemed, she could sense that even inside the house the terrain around them was probably as unforgivable as they come around here. "You light creatures have a terrible habit of underestimating your obstacles." She didn't bother with hiding the truth, not that she was going to say it. The first Rito would wonder how Alix got there in the first place, besides, she felt like the Sheika Slate was part of something she needed to be rid of this cursed cat body. The night vision was nice though.

(Sorry, I was out all day due to an event of Pokemon here in my country)

Raq was about to say something, but he felt that it was not the proper moment. He did have the sensation that he met Crow at some point of his life, or at least, he had heard about her, but he couldn't remember her. Anyways, he turned his attention to the cat and continued. "You are sure a naughty cat..." The Rito said softly. "Anyways, I suppose that you will be hungry and thirsty." He took a pair of apples and a bowl of water and gave it to her. "No fishes and no milk, I just got these apples and this bowl of water." He yawned and decided to sleep a little. Those were not their original plans, but he looked for some blankets and something that could be used as a pillow and started to rest.

Crow had been lying awake, looking at the sky. She could see most of the divine beasts in the distance, except Divine Beast Vah Ruta. She sighed, taking a bite of a baked apple she had got from the Boko camp. Her injured wing was next to her as she watched Raq put a bowl of apples and water next to a cat. Hm. When did the cat get in here? She thought, twirling her Swallow bow on her good wing.

Lucky enough for Alix, she had discovered that while her form was feline, she could still eat anything her Twili form could. Crouching by the water, she took a few sips before, out of habit, the apple levitated in front of her muzzle, taking a contemplative bite. In reality, the orange of her tail reformed itself into a sort of hand, holding the apple for her. Although, it seemed Alix was oblivious to her own limited magical abilities, purring in though, gazing at the two Rito in front of her. "You aren't going to make it very far, y'know. The divine whatever up there. Injured and unable to work a simple device vital to something or other, I mean, its obvious at this point that you'll get creamed if you so much as step foot outside." The cat giggled mockingly, finishing the apple off quickly before rolling on the floor to gaze lazily at her new companions through her multicolored eyes like they were new playthings.

Raq couldn't sleep properly. Fed up of doing that, he decided to got up and continue his trip to Necluda. He took the Sheikah Slate and look one last time through the Window. The Rito was scared to see what it looked like an infernal shadow demon, something that he had never seen before, with something that resembled like a stone face covering his face. When he retreated, the beast jumped in and started to approach him. He shouted and looked for his weapons, but unluckiky, they were in a corner right behind the beast.

Crow looked at the cat. Strangely, it reminded her of something she had seen before, but she couldn't figure it out. Shrugging, she looked at Raq. "What's wrong!?" She lifted herself and stared at him like he was crazy.

In a moment, the dark beast retreated and vaniahed into rhe shadows. In a couple of seconds, there was no trace of the beast. The Rito stayed amazed, yet still, scared. "Eh..." He managed to say. "There is a... A... A monster!!" He inspected the house, but nothing. He took again all his weapons, just as a signal or... For a false feeling of security. "It was here. I promise."

Crow rolled her eyes, not convinced. "Yeah..." She started to say. "You sure that wasn't you imagination?" She chuckled, resting her good wing on a beat up pillow. "I mean, I in person didn't see anything." She laid down and looked back out the window.

"Yeah, sure. I am so sure that I'd give all my feathers if I am lying." He said, still nervous. He looked to Alix once again and pet her, trying to be more calm. He was tired, but after that experience, he was sure that he wouldn't be able to sleep. He stayed several minutes silent. " You know? Your name is kinda familiar to me..." He finally said, trying to win some time until he finally could continue his journey. "But I can't tell why. Yet still... I don't think that you were around the Rito Village lately, am I wrong?"

She shook her head. "Never been there." She muttered. "I do see that big bird thing flying around it when I travel, though." She added, moving her injured wing back and forth to stretch it. "I'll be honest, your name does sound familiar to me too."

"Curious." He added. "Well, I've been an explorer, but I don't think I am so famous. I just tried to save Hyrule with another friend, Euro, before he went crazy and all that stuff. Since that moment, we still don't have a champion." He took the Sheikah Slate and showed it to Crow. "See? This was from pur first Champion, Revali. Euro was quite good, yet still, I think that Revali was better. We all loved both of them, but Revali was clearly the most loved. This... Thing... Is used to control that flying thing, called Vah Medoh, our protector until it went crazy again." He tried to turn it on, with no success. "Now I go to Neruda or Akkala and see if somebody can help me with it."

The cat hissed at the Shadow Beast even before it emerged. She thought those things were only in legends? For one to exist that would mean- Alix mindlessly began purring as her fur was stroked, it wasn't until after Raq had stopped did she realize what she had done, and her cheeks burned under her fur. How could she have stooped so low? She shook her head, trying her best to ignore... what had happened and turned again the the feathered light creatures examining the Sheika Slate. Her tail flicked, but she kept glancing to the shadows of the house, feeling more and more put off. Her fur kept raising, and finally she stood, unable to take any more of the stress. "If you two are planning on remaining inside, you better light some candles, the more shadows we have in here means a higher chance of us getting killed! Although, I've heard you light creatures tend to have tendencies to do things considered suicidal but I would much rather live through tonight."

Crow examined the Sheikah Slate, her eyes going wide. I think I know him. I've definitely heard stories, but... She nodded. She walked over to a notebook on a broken dresser. It read: Crow's Sketches. DO NOT ENTER! She opened it to a page with a Hylian and Princess Zelda, plus the four Champions. She pointed to the Rito in the picture. "That's him, Right?"

"Wait a moment." Raq said as he inspected the room, looking for a candle. The sunrise should be there at any moment, yet still no sign of light could be found. There was a candle under a table. He took it and lit it up. The light filled dimly the room, yet still, it should be enough for them to see properly. He looked to Alix, in order to make sure that the cat had not escaped and that she was OK. Then, he looked to the image that Crow was showing him. He recognized Revali without any difficulty. "Yup, that's totally him. Without any doubt."

She smiled. "I spent a lot of time with that Hylian. Then, he just... left. I know he became the Princess's royal guard, but it's been a long time since I've seen him. I'm a bit worried." She closed the book and sighed, clutching her sketchbook, looking at the ground. It had been years. She wondered if the Hylian had survived the Calamity.

Meanwhile, Reize had gone out to stop Vah Quila, and hopefully bend it to his will, he had already found it using a Sheikah slate he had found, when nearing Vah Quila on his horse, he sent a message to Raq's Sheikah slate, saying
I'm going to try to beat Vah Quila. In Akkala Region, it's nearing the ancient tech lab there.
And with that, he looked up, he saw Vah Quila, he was even bigger than he imagined, he shouted up to it while holding Din's blade
"Hey Ugly! Down here!" His plan worked, Vah Quila Noticed him.

"Well, I can't say I've seen him, but it totally matched with how other Ritos I know described him. They say that was very loyal, strong and determined, but not very talkative. I wonder if it is true." Raq added. "I've heard stories, but they are totally different. Some of them say that he is in fact dead, fighting until his end to protect Zelda; while others say that is still alive, recovering from his injuries." He said worriedly. " But I have no idea of which ones are true. But don't heed me. After all, they are just rumors that an old Rito like me has been hearing from visitors and elders."

She sighed, laying down on the beat up bed. She whispered something that no one could hear, not even Crow herself. She stood, walking out. Her wing seemed to feel better, and now was the time to prove it was better. She flapped it, pushing herself into the air. It was working, but she turned slightly to the left when she flew. After three or four minutes, she flew up near a place that she knew as the Great Plateau. She landed near her favorite view, overlooking Hyrule. She turned and saw something that used to be a cave, but was now a strange shrine. She kicked it with her talon, hoping it would open. "What's even inside of this that it's closed off?" She muttered

"What? Where are you going?" Raq said as Crow went out. For a moment, he was about to follow her, but then, his Sheikah Slate made a strange noise. He looked at it. For a moment, it turned on, but he couldn't interact with it. He started to press buttons randomly, but it turned off again, without reading the message. "Oh, for Kylia's sake!" The sun was starting to rise again. He took his weapons and approached the cat, moving the maps of his bag. "Well, time to go..."

She looked around, hoping for a key. There was strange lettering on the door. "Why in Hylia can't I get in!?" She shouted, kicking the door again. She thought about what Raq said. "Some of them say that he is in fact dead, fighting until his end to protect Zelda; while others say that is still alive, recovering from his injuries." Hm.

Alix looked up at the Rito, then to the bag. She flicked her tail, now that the Rito was watching her she was less eager to hitch a ride in the bag. Although... did she really want to stay behind? With the beast lurking in the shadows? Certainly not, although if she ran off and hid she'd probably survive... But food was another issue. With the Rito around, she was guaranteed a few meals if not a place to sleep at least, right? She huffed, that was her conclusion. Although, she didn't hop into the back without half heartedly glaring at Raq first.

Annoyed with the door, she flew away. Off the Plateau and sighing. Why and how do I think I know Raq? She thought in concern. I mean, even if I was part of Rito Village, or whatever, I still wouldn't know him. I barely know anyone! It might have something to do with that Hylia- Crow dodged an arrow, a Bokoblin shouting angry words at her. "In your face, BokoBlank!" She shouted, shooting an arrow at the Bokoblin, square in the head. "Oh yeah!" She cheered

"I know that the bag is not a very comfy place to stay, but it is the better option if I need to fly, and trust me, I need to go as fast as I can to reach Necluda. Try not to get too dizzy there, I''ll try not to do too many acrobatics. " Raq said, worriedly. He look to the shy. The Rito Regiom was covered by a dense electrical storm. " Now this is getting serious!" He made sure that he took everything and hurried to Necluda.

Raq didn't know, but the rest of the other beasts went crazy, again. Chamel was surprised when he found that the desert was completely covered by a sand storm. The Goron Region was being totally devastated by continous eruptions, while the Zora Region was being completely waterlogged. The new fifth beast went unleashed too, surrended by a green aura. Akkala was covered by small portals that were sending monsters from all timelines to that world. Inside the fifth beast, a masked man with a scepter and a cape stood there.

She shot a look at the castle. It was surrounded by a creepy aura, and a dragon.... thing was circling it. Suddenly, a light shined from what she remembered to be Princess Zelda's room. "What the-" Crow muttered, swooping down and landing on Hyrule field. "Calamity Ganon is pretty scary, but... was that Zelda's power? I've only heard about it, but...." she paused for a second, staring at the castle. She flapped her wings, swooping into the sky. She dropped down to her.... house.... and shouted, "Raq! You gotta see-" She looked around. Raq wasn't there.

Raq flew for a long time. He was tired, but he kept om flying. He inspected the lands. They were full of monsters. Luckily, he was only attacked by a few of them, only the ones that got arrows and bows, but he did not get injured, avoiding them with acrobatics. Finally, he reached the laboratory of Hateno. He talked with its owners, paid a few rupees and waited for the Sheikah Slate to be completely operative again. He went outside of the Laboratory and opened the bag, expecting for Alix to go out. "Sorry if it's been shaken flight. I hope you are alright." He said, trying to be kind. "I promise I can do something for make you feel better. The Sheikah Slate should be fixed in a couple of hours. You can stay here or come with me..."

Alix shook her head, before poking out of the bag, glaring at the Rito, looking a bit ruffled. "Maybe if you stopped moving and got me something a bit more substantial to eat I'd consider an apology, feathers" Alix hissed softly, her usually harsh demeanor softened by her dizziness and slight nausea from the trip.