• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of the Darkness

Link to the discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-legend-of-zelda-echoes-of-the-darkness.15926/

It's been 36 years since the Calamity. My mother and father used to tell me about the world about it. It used to be so calm, so peaceful... And now Hyrule is almost a delusion of what it was. This lands, known as Hyrule, once calm and peaceful, has changed, and now it's full of darkness, full of hate. The paths are now full of evil monsters that try to kill everyone that goes through it. The different villages are now isolated. There is almost no one that tries to go to the other regions.

I'm Raq, and I am a proud member of the Rito Village. I didn't witness the Cataclysm, I am too young for that, but now I am the only hope for my Village. Since the Calamity (maybe even before it), our Village has been attacked for some of that monsters. Not only that, our dear Vah Medoh is out of control. Once it was something like our "protector", has turned against us; not only hurting or even killing the inhabitants that tried to face it, Vah Medoh is changing our climate a lot. What can anyone expect from a Beast that controls the wind? Our lands are constantly the center of hot air currents, and some days later it is changed by icy blizzards. Our crops are getting ruined, and soon, our Village will run out of food. I've been chosen as an "ambassador" to go out the Village and explore the rest of Hyrule, looking for other villages or tribes that could help, or maybe open a commercial route. I have a map that shows Hyrule, and I have marked the most relevant villages. Also, I've been training since I was a child to explore the world, so I am more than a experimented warrior. This time, it won't happen like the last time.

I PROMISE THAT I WILL HELP MY VILLAGE.

Raq closed his journal book. It was late at night. He stored some food, the journal book, and some potions in a small handbag and then he took the rest of his equipment: the feathered edge, the Falcon bow, some arrows, the wooden shield. He carried with them and put the bow, the arrows and the shield on his back, and the Feathered Edge in his waist. Finally, he took his Forked Lizal Spear and went straight to the path that led out of the Village.
When he was crossing the bridge, he heard a voice. "Leaving us in the middle of the night. You haven't even said goodbye to your friends or your family. How nice of you!" Said. Raq knew who was, but he didn't look at the other Rito; Raq stayed silent. "I just hope that you are being kinder to the other people. With ambassadors as friendly as you, we'll better start feeding on the air. And just think how nice you were before returning from the training fields..." Raq turned and shouted. "I told you, and there is no need to explain it again, right?" He turned again, touched his left shoulder and started walking again. The other Rito laughed and said:"Good luck". Raq continued going forward, while he said quietly: "As if I needed it..."
Paths were dangerous, but most of the monsters used to sleep during the night; so it was logic to go out in the middle of the night. Luckily, by morning, he would have reached the Tabantha Great Bridge.

Last edited:
Reize Was Wandering Through The Night, He Was Hungry, But He Was Not Tempted To Eat his Seared Steak, he HAD To Save it, He Was planning On Making Friends With The Rito village, Just For Some Help, He Looked Around, he Was Almost There. he Kept Walking.

Raq was going through the path near the Nero Hill when he could see a strange figure on the remoteness. Due to the darkness, he could not distinguish what kind of entity could be, and if it was going to attack him. He inspected the surroundings one last time, quickly, in order to make sure that there were no monsters nearby. He showed his Forked Lizal Spear in an offensive way: "You there! Surrender now or I will be obliged to attack. And trust me, I'm in not a very good mood, so I won't have compassion if you dare to attack".

Alix was constantly on edge, and had accepted it as a new way of life for her. She was just lucky her fur, which matched her Twili form, was acceptable for a calico cat, and that she was female. Had she been male and calico, or not been a calico with her odd colors and marks, she's have been killed from fear of being an enchanted beast long ago. But, now in the dead of midnight she didn't have to worry as much, there was less of that light she had never seen before, less monsters. It also seemed many other animals, ones she could hunt as a cat, had the same idea and made it all the more reasonable to switch to nocturnal habits. Currently, she had traveled a bit farther from the first near the light spirit in pursuit of a rather large rat. She hadn't eaten recently, so she was determined to catch it.

Raq noticed that it was not a menace, so he withdrew his Spear. He decided to approach the figure until he could see it better. He seemed that it was saying the truth. He sighed in relief. "Then you are talking to the right Rito. I'm a... I think I can call it ambassador. Look, our tribe is in great danger right now. It is a need for us to find other villages that can help us." Raq tried to explain, in a very kind way, or at least, he tried. "We need some supplies: our crops are getting devastated, and the continued attacks that our Village suffers, combined with some... Rito looses... We are getting desperate. I just hope that you could lead me to one of your villages if you are so... kind".

Reize Was Not Surprised, he had heard Many Races Were Having hard Times, He Replied
"Well, my Village Was Kinda Destroyed, However, If You know Where A Great Fairy Shrine Is, Then maybe I Could Get The Great Fairy To Help."

Raq looked at the sky, thoughtful. In the meantime, he was scratching his beak. "I don't know if what it is said in my Village is right, but... I've heard that there is... Or at least there was... One Great Fairy Fountain around here. I think it was..." Raq pointed with one of his wings to a near mountain." In the Piper Ridge. But I am pretty sure that no one has gone there in a long, long time. What's more... I think that its mountainsides are completely infested with monsters".

"Eh, Well Then, I'll Go There, Can't Be That Bad, Could It?" Reize Said Before Running Towards That Mountain, To Make Sure He Was Safe, he Held The Boomerangs Carefully, And Was Even Tempted To Pull Out Din's fire.

"Wait. I'll go with you". Said Raq while he approached the Hylian. "If it can improve the Rito situation, then, I feel that is my responsibility" He spread his wings and took the flight. He stayed some seconds in the air and then landed again. "Time is on our side. I can see a path that leads up to the mountain, but there are a bunch of Moblins and Bokoblins sleeping right in front of it".

The large rat was gorging itself on some cold and forgotten food, gingerly eating around the grubby, sleeping fingers that held it. Alix grinned to herself in glee, her yellow red eyes gleaming in the dark. Not making a sound, she edged closer and closer to her soon to be dinner. She leapt without a sound, but even then the rat just barely missed her claws. She growled distastfully as she watched it scurry down the road. She made way to chase after the fat creature, but froze in her tracks. Something has latched her tail into a very strong hold, she hissed quietly. Her fur was on end as she stared back at the grotesque face of the Bokogoblin that held her. It's large ears flapped, and a sigh in its sleep sent its pungent breath right into her nose. She gagged, beginning to struggle, she didn't want to die in this cursed world of light as someone's lunch.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel approached carefully a Bokoblin camp. Careful not to be noticed, he entered, and saw a cat about to be eaten by a Bokogoblin. Determined to help the cat, Manuel shot an arrow at the Bokogoblin, which let the cat go and approached him. Manuel took out his sword and started attacking the Bokogoblin and dodging its attacks. He threw his sword at the enemy, and knocked it out. Manuel picked his sword up again, and approached the calico cat. "What's a cat doing here?" He asked to himself.

"I'll go first and I'll initiate an attack." Raq said as he started to advance, as sneaky as possible. He crouched and took his bow and some arrows. He was getting ready to attack when he heard some monsters growling. Raq tensed his bow, ready to attack, but when he saw the Bokoblin's camp, they were all defeated. In the distance, between all of that monsters bodies, he could see another Hylian approaching to a cat. Raq whistled for the Hylian he met before to come while he put again his bow on his back and took again his Lizal weapon. He approached the new person and the cat, going through all the dead monsters, looking for arrows. He took five arrows. As he reached the new Hylian and the cat, he said: "And not too much from here lies the Rito Village, thinking that there were no one in the paths these days... What can I say? Good job for defeating those nasty monsters..."

Reize Followed Raq, And Looked Around At The Defeated Monsters, He Said
"Man, I Miss All The Fun." He Spotted The Hylain And The Calico Cat, And Said "Oh, Hello!"

Alix looked warily around at the Hylians and... Bird man in front of her. True, she had been saved just then from being devoured as an appetizer, but these were the creatures her people spoke of? The light world certainly wasn't impressing her, but she's a simple calico cat, she should probably be thankful for having her life saved. She mewled testily, looking up at the three, mostly the one who saved her, while smoothing out her fur.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel turned around and took out his sword, thinking for a second there were more Bokoblins, but quickly took it away, realizing they were friendly. "Thanks. I just saved this cat from a Bokoblin. It wasn't that hard." He said to the Rito and the other Hylian. "I'm Manuel, and I come from Kakariko Village, searching for heroes that can help purge the darkness from Hyrule." Manuel introduced himself. "Nice speech, huh?" He said.

"Yep," Reize Replied, He Said "My Name's Reize, Ambassador Of The Great Fairy. I Am Currently Helping This Rito Get Some, Like, Supplies For His Village." He Then Said "Nice Work, By The Way, On Taking Down Those Monsters." He Pulled Out A Boomerang, An Flipped It In The Air, Kinda Like A Pose.

"My name's Raq, and I'm an ambassador of the Rito Village. I'll be brief. My Village is in danger, and I am here to explore Hyrule and finding new villages. Reize is going to help us, but I am sure that the supplies will only last some time, so I need to open new commercial routes with other villages to assure the provisions" Raq explained. "Maybe one day you can lead me to your village. We, the Rito, will be honored to exchange some of our weapons or armor for supplies." Then, he started to talk to Reize. "Anyways, we have something we have to do. " Then, he looked to Manuel. "You can come with us if you want..."

Alix looked between all the introductions. She was saved and then these creatures ignored her? How dare they! Although, she was just about as rude as they were rumored to be, although why pay attention to a cat? Ugh, it was all too confusing for a creature of Twilight. She decided her best bet was to at least get some attention again. "Excuse me? I think we're forgetting about someone a little important here, aka me, the victim you saved!" She meowed, miffed. Although, all that came from her mouth was that annoying high pitched meow, how convenient.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"I would be glad to help you on your journey." Manuel said to Raq and Reize. Then he looked at the small calico cat that was trying to get attention. "I don't think this cat has a home... Can we take it with us?" He said, while picking the cat up and looking back at the Rito and the Hylian. He pet the cat slightly, happy to see that there were other life forms beside monsters.

Alix mewled as she was picked up. "Excuse me!?" She struggled until she was petted. I will not dignify him, she thought to herself, trying to fight an instinctual purr. Curse those no good light spirits, they knew she'd start acting like a cat, and they didn't think of warning her. The nerve! She tried hissing, but only another ourr escaped. Disgruntled, she settled down, until her eyes lit up with a genius spark. The light spirits said her curse would be reversed if shown affection, right? Well, her was her chance to waltz into the arms of freedom! She increased her purring, snuggling closer to the Hylian.

Raq looked at the cat. He opened his beak, but he didn't say anything at all. It's not like he didn't like animals, but he knew that it would be quite uncomfortable having to take care of it during the journeys. "As you want, it doesn't matter for me". Then, he turned and started to walk through the path that climbed the mountain. "The path is clear. Let's see if we can reach the Fountain before the Sun starts rising... I would like to avoid combat if it's not necessary."

Reize Smirked, And Said
"Right, Okay!" He Started Walking Through The Path, Following Raq, However, He Kept Looking Around, Making Sure There Were No Monsters, Plus The View Was Amazing, He Wished This Buetiful World Wasn't So Dangerous.

Raq continued his way up. The path was strangely quiet. He had heard... and lived in first person... That paths were completely full of monsters. He was inspecting the surroundings too, and he was walking as quiet and calm as he could. When they reached the half of the mountain, a small, almost unnoticed, path bifurcated from the main route. "It must be here. I'll go first". Raq took again his Spear and held it with intentions to attack any enemies that could be, if there were some, in the path. Luckily, it seemed to be peaceful, so no monsters were sighted. After almost half an hour, Raq reached a dead end. Or wasn't it? When he looked to the right, a small lake, completely surrounded by flowers and any kind of plants could be seen. "I think this is the place we are looking for".

Reize Ran, He Caught Up Easily, He Looked Around When They Reached The 'Dead End' He Said
"Yep, This Feels Like It, Plus Din's Fire Feels Much More Powerful Here." He Walked Over To The Lake, And Was About To Summon The Great Fairy, But A Dodongo Herd Interrupted him, And He Shouted "DODONGO ATTACK!" H Pulled Out His Bombs, And Hoped For The Best.

Raq started to fly as soon as he saw the Dodongo, roaring. He growled. I don't have anything useful to attack him, and I am sure that it will attract some attention too. Then, he noticed that Reize had some bombs. "Hey! You got bombs?!" Raq shouted. He took his Falcon Bow and some arrows as he put his spear on his back. Then, he observed as some monsters started to appear on the cliffs. "Ok... I'll try to attract the attention of the Dodongo and I'll shoot to some monsters too; you try to defeat that dino". Shouted, as he started to do acrobatics in the air and shooting to some of the monsters.

Reize Smirked As He Used Bombs On The Dodongo, Leaving Them Vurnable, He Threw His Boomerangs, Cutting Off Their Tails, And Killing Them, He Then Frowned, As He Muttered
"Why Are Monsters Here? And I Thought Dodongos Died Out?" He Continued Fighting.

Raq was still doing some acrobatics, trying to avoid the attacks, Yet still, some of the arrows that the monsters were throwing hit him. When he hit the last of the monsters, he came back to land. At that point, some arrows could be seen on his left wing and in both of their legs. "I... I suppose that monsters have spread out during these years. And... I don't know... Maybe some of them still live underground". Raq sat, he inspired and hold his breath as he started to pull out the arrow he had. Then, he used some leaves and lianas as bandages and stood, still looking hurt. "I suppose that there are no monsters nearby now"

Reize Smirked, He Walked Closer To The Pond, And Muttered The Great Fairy Call
"Oh, Great Fairy, Heed My Call, For I Need Guidance And Wisdom Is needed, So Please Heed My Call." He Felt A Vibration, The Great Fairy Was Coming.

Raq stood aside, behind Reize. He went to a near wall and he leaned his back against it. He was looking to Reize and what he was doing in the Fountain. He was very interested in seeing that Great Fairy, but he didn't show it. In the meantime, he looked to the other mountains. Moon was getting to start hiding behind them. "This is truly a great landscape." Raq said, almost without being noticed

The great Fairy Appeared, She Saw Reize, And Said
"Why, hello, Reize! What Do You Need this Time?" With A Large Smile On Her Face, Reize Replied
"This Rito, His Village Is having A lot Of problems To Do With Supplies. I Was Wondering if You Could Help With that?"
"Why, Of Course, Darling!" She Waved her Hands A Bit, And Then Said "There We Go, There Should be Enough Supplies There To last At least 2 Years Now."
"Thank You, Great Fairy." And With that Done, The Great Fairy Disappeared Into the Water.

Raq smiled and slowly approached to the Fountain. "Th.. Thanks" Raq managed to say, containing his happiness. "Our Village owes you one". When the Great Fairy was gone, Raq approached to Reize. "Thanks, I suppose that these will be enough for now, for a very long time. Anyways, I should go to the Village again. You can come with me if you want, I suppose that there will be no problem in taking some supplies there." Raq said, then he started to go down the path, again. "And I suppose... The Village will be interested in initiating some commercial routes, so my duty is still not over. I suppose that we can go altogether, as a team... Someone has to pacify Hyrule, and I suppose that while we don't approach to the Central Hyrule, everything should be fine".

"Yea, True, I Just Wonder, What DID Make Hyrule So Dangerous? I Mean, Only A Creature Of Legend Would Have Enough power To Do This, And Really, One Of Them Are Dead." Reize Said, He Sighed, And Followed Raq, He Said To Him "Can't Wait To See Your Village!"

Alix had wriggled her way out of the Hylian's arms to trot after the Rito and other Hylian. Sure, perhaps one of the group was eager to keep her around, but she wouldn't leave no matter how much she annoyed them. Following closely at the Rito's heels, she entered the spring and froze. She sensed the monsters long before they attacked but she couldn't warn them until the first shots had been fired. She yowled and hid herself in the plants along the edge, out of sight but some arrows got way too close to her. When the Great Fairy appeared she couldn't help but hiss at the being of light. Luckily the fairy left before the pressence of a Twili could be questioned, and she ran after the group.

A puddle. This is what Hiran was now reduced to; splashing around in a small puddle by the side of the road to moisten his dark green skin after spending the day, and a good part of the night, on the road. The chilled air nipped at his scales, sending shivers down his back as he rinsed himself in the small body of water. It wasn't ideal, but Hiran had to take what he could find. The last lake he passed earlier was caught up in a seemingly endless thunderstorm; and had every notion of a deathtrap, especially for a Zora like him. He wasn't sure if it was necessary to bathe himself like this, but after what happened at the base of Death Mountain,

Hiran was on a mission; to find out more about the divine beasts and the Calamity that occurred almost 40 years ago. Vah Ruta was a dormant machine; silent and unmoving in the middle of a deep reservoir near his home. It was right there, yet there was no way inside it, nor any indication of the fate of its lost pilot. There were no answers to his problems at home, so Hiran now seeks his answers elsewhere. That was 3 weeks ago. Hiran first travelled to Eldin, in hopes that the Gorons that supposedly lived on its tallest volcano knew more about the Divine Beast they were supposed to be watching over. Hiran couldn't even get close, the burning heat of the volcanic region nearly cooking him on the spot. Defeated, he now journeys west towards Hebra, in search of the bird people that lived in the region. The temperature was dropping fast however, and Hiran was already worried the cold too would deny him access to the Rito, and their Divine Beast. There was one consolation though; that he was going the right way. He just had to look up in the sky to see a massive stone bird circling miles overhead. Vah Medoh was here, and it was active, which meant maybe the Rito still had control over their divine beast, and could help Hiran with the Zora's own.

He finished up before noticing a party approaching from where he came. He shot up and grabbed his spear expecting monsters, but then realized that they weren't monsters, but a party of two Hylians and a Rito. On a closer look, he could also see that one of the Hylians had a cat accompanying him, a curious sight indeed. Hiran stayed put, fidgeting with his head-tail as he watched the group approach before he finally spoke. "Pardon me, but are you three also heading towards the Rito Village?"

Alix looked up, trying to find the source of the raised voice in the slowly retreating morning. The sight of the shark like Zora startled her, mistaking him for some sort of monster. With a surprised yowl she could only cower behind the legs of the three traveling men. However, upon closer inspection, the scary figure was a Zora, not that she knew what he was, only that he wasn't a hostile monster. Still, her tail lashed about distastfully, the ring around its middle quite heavy.

Raq lead all the way to the Rito Village. He was leading, but walking badly due to his injuries, yet still, rhythmically. In the middle of their way, Raq heard someone asking for directions. He noticed it was a Zora: "Another traveler, eh? Yeah, we are going to the Rito village in order to get some supplies, after that we'll be leaving again. Anyways... You can come with us if that's what you want". Raq looked at the horizon. The sun was starting to rise again. "And we better arrive fast... These paths are dangerous during the daytime. My name is Raq, by the way."
He started to speed up. His Village could be seen in the distance. It was a matter of time that the group could arrived save and sound to the Village "Anyways" Raq started to talk again, seriously, but curious. "I know why the two Hylians came here but... What about you? I mean... The Zora Region is in... It was Lanayru, am I wrong? That's a very long journey... And dangerous... Especially with all those monsters going around. So, I shall presume that your visit is not due to pleasure."

Euro was hanging around the flight range, unknown of the travelers wondering in Rito Village. He was practicing his bow skills and gathering meals for himself and the village due to the lack of supplies. He decided to take a break and head back to Rito, and give the meals to the rest of the village, maybe it'll be a miracle and Medoh was back. But no, he got into Rito village, finding the travelers and passing them, he took the meals to he general store and the store runner to sell them for free. He went over to a pole only to lean against it and stare at the shrine.

Last edited:
"Thank you, my name's Hiran." He introduced himself. He stayed where he waited for a moment, watching the group continue walking. "Didn't miss a beat..." He thought o himself, "Guess they're more welcoming to strangers than my people." He then strode over to join the entourage.

"I know why the two Hylians came here but... What about you?" The Rito, or Raq as he identified himself, "I mean... The Zora Region is in... It was Lanayru, am I wrong? That's a very long journey... And dangerous... Especially with all those monsters going around. So, I shall presume that your visit is not due to pleasure."

"Wow... is it really that far? Then again, three weeks is plenty of time to make tracks." Hiran mused, twisting his head-tail around his wrist as he talked. "I've done guard training back in the Domain, most Zoras have. So I know how to fight most threats. The ones I don't, well, being a good swimmer helps." Hiran looked back up at the early dawn sky. "You're right though, I'm not here for a holiday." He pointed up at the silhouette of the Divine Beast high above them. "I want to know more about that thing, the Divine Beast, Vah Medoh was it?"

Spotting the traverlers, They seemed to be talking about the Divine beast. He walked over to them, Introducing himself to the non-Rito. " Hello, My name is Euro, you seem to be talking about the Divine Beast, no?"