• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lin is tough as nails! I had expected her to be a bit more weakened after her near death experience less than an hour before, but this just goes to show how strong she is.
Also, I had no idea she was naked! How can this be? You would think that I of all people would have taken notice of that. >_<

As for Megan, I'm a little bit disappointed at her passive reaction and it's making me feel a little silly for insisting I wanted until she posted. She always seemed so intimidated by Salem, so I was expecting her to be much more hesitant. She also has no idea what transpired earlier at the river side. All she knows is that a about an hour ago he offered to help her wash while taking his pottery down, and now he's apparently so weak that he needs her assistance. I dunno, I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly, just... a little more than nothing. :p

Lin is only topless as I do believe you guys ripped off the rest of Lin's Jerkin and shirt to get to the wound.

As for Megan. Yes she will be curious but right now she is far more intimidated by Cassie than Salem. Far more. Cassie and Lin both scare the hell out of her. Sorry I told you I found her a boring character. I will go into her inner thoughts more next scene.

Edit: also yes Lin is tough as nails but she is weaker than she is letting on. However neither Lin or Cassie are the type to show any weakness in front of others. I think the fact the Cassie had shown Salem as much as she had is a testament for what he does to her.

Last edited:
Guess we have different intrest in characters. I have always been an avid fantasy reader. I like characters with quirky personalities like erejast or backgrounds like Lin. I don't like characters that are everyday people found in the street unless the situation is completely extraordinary. While yes this DT is extraordinary Megan has not been empowered in anyway, and she has lost certain room for growth. Also one week is just not a lot of time for her to have huge growth. Mai is different, yes she is submissive like Megan but she has extraordinary skills and abilities and a long setting for growth.

For all Nys like of Megan we can tell Salem finds Cassie much more interesting as most probably alll of us do out of character. Because if Megan had been through what Cassie went through she would not have survived.

Typed from phone apologizes for errors.

I am the same way. I only every really read fantasy and the bland characters are quickly forgotten. I really liked Erejast up until the moment he became a soldier. Lin I find very bland as a character, in fact Magan is probably the most alive and quirky one in my opinion. And certainly the one with the most potential for growth.

For all Nys like of Megan we can tell Salem finds Cassie much more interesting as most probably alll of us do out of character. Because if Megan had been through what Cassie went through she would not have survived.
I don't actually understand what you're trying to say here. What does my liking of Megan have to do with Salem fancying Cassie? And I think it pretty obvious that Megan would not have survived Cassie's life, or Lin's for that matter, or Erejast's. I am curious to find out what you meant to say here. That only those with tough backgrounds should can be likable? :p

If the wound hit that's much flesh and bone, then I am sure her top was was sliced through as well. It may be salvageable but without repair work it probably came off.

I don't mean just as backgrounds. megan would still not be able to survive such experiences. She's not the kind of character books or stories are written about. In a horror survival movie, show, or book she would be most people least favorite character because she only survives because everyone else keeps saving her. Now maybe two seasons in or so she will finally experience some growth, but DT does not have that kind of time scale.

I don't mean just as backgrounds. megan would still not be able to survive such experiences. She's not the kind of character books or stories are written about. In a horror survival movie, show, or book she would be most people least favorite character because she only survives because everyone else keeps saving her. Now maybe two seasons in or so she will finally experience some growth, but DT does not have that kind of time scale.
I think Megan can be interesting in her own way, even if she always needs to be saved, doesn't mean she can't be interesting or has to be the least liked. Mina is quite helpless herself if it weren't for Ecarte, who seems to be doing all the work so far. A character without any fancy backgrounds usually have the most to grow, so, I disagree that Megan would be the least liked character just because she's helpless. That makes her extremely interesting and sets her apart in fact, especially when she's surrounded by people who are strong and capable like now.

Edit: @Loziana are you thinking of posting maybe? I'm curious if Aidinia would go back to camp, especially since Alex already woke her, and the poor guy needs his rest as well.

Last edited:
Yo, Chrocey.

I'm asking this because I don't wanna ruin any of your plans, but perhaps Floyd could sense something was up with Delilah, and somehow convince Amara to take them to where Alex most likely landed? Just a thought.

Yo, Chrocey.

I'm asking this because I don't wanna ruin any of your plans, but perhaps Floyd could sense something was up with Delilah, and somehow convince Amara to take them to where Alex most likely landed? Just a thought.
A good suggestion.

Also, I have to ask, did Delilah miss Amara already telling her exactly where to find Alex? And it isn't actually that far away, she could jog it in a few mere minutes and I imagine there's a rampant Nidoking trail through the bushes leading straight there :p

Yo, Chrocey.

Yeah, we could definitely do that.

To be honest, I've kinda been getting bored recently, and I wanted to maybe spice things up a little bit by having Delilah turn bad in some way.

If it doesn't make much sense for her character to do that then yeah, I'm definitely down with Floyd Mayweather intervening.

A good suggestion.

Also, I have to ask, did Delilah miss Amara already telling her exactly where to find Alex? And it isn't actually that far away, she could jog it in a few mere minutes and I imagine there's a rampant Nidoking trail through the bushes leading straight there :p

She did not miss that information. I simply don't know distances well xD

About the trail, I didn't think about the Nidoking leaving a path of destruction in his wake that leads back to the camp, which I guess makes sense.

I'm alright with taking my post down and making a new one (which would be the third time I've rewritten this post) if multiple folks find the logic behind it too unreasonable.

On an unrelated note: the only thing I dislike more than the 'tongue out' emoticon is sentences that end in ellipses. There's an air of superiority behind it that I find aggravating xD

About the trail, I didn't think about the Nidoking leaving a path of destruction in his wake that leads back to the camp, which I guess makes sense.
Well, you're right actually. The Nidoking previously calmly moving through the plant life wouldn't leave a trail of destruction in its wake, at all.

But I don't think it's his trail Ny is referring to, but rather, his Nidoqueen mate. :p

If you remember correctly, it rampaged right through the forest and bulldozed everything in its way while chasing after Cassie. Just a friendly reminder.

Yeah, we could definitely do that.

To be honest, I've kinda been getting bored recently, and I wanted to maybe spice things up a little bit by having Delilah turn bad in some way.

If it doesn't make much sense for her character to do that then yeah, I'm definitely down with Floyd Mayweather intervening.

She did not miss that information. I simply don't know distances well xD

I'm alright with taking my post down and making a new one (which would be the third time I've rewritten this post) if multiple folks find the logic behind it too unreasonable.

On an unrelated note: the only thing I dislike more than the 'tongue out' emoticon is sentences that end in ellipses. There's an air of superiority behind it that I find aggravating xD

In that case I think I'll just leave you to your own devices rather than have Floyd intervene. It's never good when you're bored.

Well, you're right actually. The Nidoking previously calmly moving through the plant life wouldn't leave a trail of destruction in its wake, at all.

But I don't think it's his trail Ny is referring to, but rather, his Nidoqueen mate. :p

If you remember correctly, it rampaged right through the forest and bulldozed everything in its way while chasing after Cassie. Just a friendly reminder.

Ah yes, the Nidoqueen. I suppose Delilah could find that path as well and head back to the camp site. Even if I haven't written it yet, it could still be found nearby.

In that case I think I'll just leave you to your own devices rather than have Floyd intervene. It's never good when you're bored.

Yeah, I think I'm also wanting to separate Delilah from being in a large group and kinda close out some of her interactions with other characters. I might either write her off or take a break from this RP if you all don't terribly mind. I just figure by giving her a reason to be alone, it would allow me to put her in a situation that wouldn't make it too awkward to continue the story without her.

I lost track of Delilah as a character, and what I planned for her started to become boring in my own mind. Every time I tried to add something new that'd make me excited to write for her, it just ended up coming out wrong (and a bit too brooding in my opinion). I figure if I stop using her for a while, I'll get more of a grip on her. Then, if it is allowed, I'd be able to write her back into the story as a new and improved character.

Even if it'd be too complicated to do that, I might write her off anyway. Have her sleep somewhere and just never write her awake (good lord that sounds grim).

@Chrocey
That's a shame, I liked Delilah. That being said, if your having trouble grasping the character, you are the creator. I wouldn't let our actions sway you; though I'd rather not see Delilah end by sleeping and never waking up. If she dies, do it spectacularly!...Unless that's a way to write her out temporarily and then come back on day 5 as a badass savage who will come and save Damian at an opportune moment.

I don't even know anymore, but I say you do what you feel is right. I'm just here providing ideas.

Speaking of ideas!

I believe it is my turn to post. Might not be an incredibly long one...Sadly, I seem to be having more trouble coming up with those lately...but hey! Still will be up tonight or tomorrow, but I have a wedding to attend, sooo...I can't make many promises. Hopefully it'll be okay when it comes out :D

Yeah, I think I'm also wanting to separate Delilah from being in a large group and kinda close out some of her interactions with other characters. I might either write her off or take a break from this RP if you all don't terribly mind. I just figure by giving her a reason to be alone, it would allow me to put her in a situation that wouldn't make it too awkward to continue the story without her.

I lost track of Delilah as a character, and what I planned for her started to become boring in my own mind. Every time I tried to add something new that'd make me excited to write for her, it just ended up coming out wrong (and a bit too brooding in my opinion). I figure if I stop using her for a while, I'll get more of a grip on her. Then, if it is allowed, I'd be able to write her back into the story as a new and improved character.

Even if it'd be too complicated to do that, I might write her off anyway. Have her sleep somewhere and just never write her awake (good lord that sounds grim).
Aww, that's a really darn shame. I do believe Delilah is easily one of the most distinct and memorable characters here, but I totally understand that need to just take a break. I went through to same thing with Grave of the Forgotten, just as Burble. But hopefully you'll still participate in Suimera, so we don't miss out on your splendid writing.

I'm about to post, just wanted to get somethings clear:
I tried something new here. Half is Gerald's perspective and the other is June's. Of course, its probably incredibly boring. Apologies in advance.

As always, please inform me of any errors and criticisms, and I'll go fix that up. I'm alwats looking for ways to improve.

There was never a link here.

Last edited:
Your character decisions are up to you Chroc. If you want to take a break from Del and come back to her later that is fine with me or if you want her worked into plot that can be arranged as well.

Hey everyone I am alive and a post from Lin to prove it. I will work on some more npc post tonight as I get my brain back on pokemon.

Yeah it seems DT is stagnating, and more and more people are just writing their characters semi-out. Delilah is running off, Damian and Lily passed out, Aidinia and Salem went to sleep, Jasper dissapeared. That leaves very few characters and whole lot of NPC's :p

I think the real killer of the Roleplay is it's speed. While there is definitely nothing wrong with taking our time, we are on like Page 14 and just made it to noon on the second day. Out of seven.

Granted, as Cassie is going to "track" down Mathew (who I hope gets punched in the face by Salem or Gerald, or hey why not Cassie), and Lin is actually aware of the Rocket's base, I'm not sure if we are going to cut it short at day 5 or 4.

In essence, what I'm saying is if the Roleplay moves a bit faster we may have less burned out writers. But that's just my two cents, maybe everyone prefers the slow pace and I'm in the minority.

It's a outpost not the base but yea I am trying to get players back on a plot track. People will not sit still though and yea we have slowed the time progression a lot on the second day.

You are absolutely correct BurbleBurble, I was telling theWonderful this just the other day as well.There is just too little plot progression going on, and i'm not talking about wild Pokémon encounters because those are just setting enforcers/reminders. No, I'm talking about anything that makes it feel like there is a story happening and we're not just in a jungle Sandbox. This may in large part just because of myself and my constantly doing my own stuff, but that was mostly to keep myself entertained while waiting for anything to happen in the story that I can respond to. Some new announcement, or any indication towards a way out, like the location of a base for example, just anything to react to really.

On the first day this was the registration and the settling in the room, on the second day this was the acclimation to our situation and surroundings, and finding shelter. Right now we've been told that this thing will resolve itself if you just wait it out for 7 days, so for some this is something worth pursuing, especially when looking after people that are not good in trekking through the jungle. Because of this we're just sitting around want entertaining ourselves for 7 days and making up little goals for ourselves, such as improving camp, or securing food, or connecting with your fellow participants.

I suppose many happenings could have been sped through, but you don't rush conversations and interactions. I mean I can hardly have said; Cassie and Salem bathed each other before returning to camp, and say they spend a few hours on that. In order to make any interactions meaningful you write them out, but if there are events to on the horizon we can all work towards things might speed up.

On the bright side, we have 3 players asleep and a 4th about to disappear, Jasper is gone, and I think we've waited long enough without any news or notice that we should just write him off. That leaves Floyd to interact with a bunch of NPC's, Knox to interact with an NPC, Gerald to interact with NPC's, Dreiki's character whose entries I still haven't read so I don't actually know, and Cassie who will likely go and interact with NPC's. :p

You know, putting things down as they are really makes it clear just how many NPC's there are. You're playing half the campaign Astral, It's no wonder there couldn't be any progress made as soon as you stopped posting. :D

I don't want to give up on DT though. I want to get to the end of it, finish it, get my Pokémon back and then move on to other adventures, hopefully with some new friendly connections.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Burble and Ny. At the risk of repeating their words, I'll just say that since this is a plot driven roleplay, we really need access to plot points in order to keep the story going according to the allotted time and pace without needing to wait for you to move things along. Although, if you don't mind us being fully reliant on you for progression, that's fine too.

That being said, I'd love to be able to interact with other players while Cassie searches for Mathew. Knox would possibly be the closest one if you're interested, @Jake Acker. Maybe after the Slaking predicament is resolved, or if Astral allows you to just skip ahead of it since it requires Jasper's involvement. Maybe they chose to scatter in order to avoid confrontation and separated from each other. Another option would be to have Cassie encounter Itigus, but that would be a bit of a stretch seeing he just encountered Floyd's group, and they're quite close to Cassie's original camp site which would place him at least ten miles away.

Sooo yeah, I'll just have Cassie wander around for a bit with Ajax in the meanwhile.

I am ready to work with y'all however you want to move the plot along. Trust me I am not such a control freak as to keep you guys in the dark at cost to the game itself.

I have planned to drop some plot points through Floyd but nova got kinda busy.

If you can keep Cass from running off though or at least have her not gone to long then we can jump ahead a few hours for all the sleepers and then you guys can go after the outpost with Lin if that's what you want to do.

Just convey to me how best everyone wants to work this.

If you can keep Cass from running off though or at least have her not gone to long then we can jump ahead a few hours for all the sleepers and then you guys can go after the outpost with Lin if that's what you want to do.
Can you elaborate what you mean by Cassie running off? And wouldn't actually work in the sleeper's favors for her to be gone long? That way they have an adequate amount of sleep, and we get to skip a solid several hours to get further into the day if no one takes up my offer. Cassie would just wander around for the allotted time and then return to camp as I summarize everything in short but coherent run down. Although, this would imply that she would not be encountering Mathew at all. Is that correct?

As a player I think that would be grand, but I have issues with meta gaming things like this a little. Right now I won't complain though, not if it means some progress.

I have planned to drop some plot points through Floyd but nova got kinda busy.
This would have been fun for the players, but completely useless for the characters no where near Floyd.

Well, Cassie's search could just be a total bust if you don't find it necessary. She's just looking for a chat.
Of course Mathew doesn't know this. :p

Alright. I've actually been thinking about this RP quite a bit recently. I think I'm just gonna say fudge it and try to work something out. I still think I'll take a break, but I'm going to squash the whole Alex quest with Delilah once and for all (I tried to make it into something, but honestly I'm starting to annoy myself with it xD).

Anybutt, I'll probably try to type up one big post for Delilah (not going with the whole 'Kidnapping Amara' idea I'd initially had), and end that quest as best as I can. Afterwards I'll take a break and come back into the fray once things have progressed a little more.

Once that's done, Delilah can just be Delilah again. I'll essentially restore her to factory default mode owo

Once that's done, Delilah can just be Delilah again. I'll essentially restore her to factory default mode owo

A good ol system restore, eh? I'm glad you've kinda worked things out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be completely honest everyone, I'm kind of in the same boat Chrocey right now.

I don't really know where I'm going with Floyd anymore. I had a plan, but I feel like I've tacked too many titles on to him in an effort to give him more personality. To me, it seems he isn't very strong as a character, all he has going for him is his timidness and brains. I know for a fact that my grammar and spelling are usually spot-on, although when it comes to giving characters 'personality', I've found out that I'm a bit lacking. I'm going to try and give Floyd stronger opinions on things, rather than just letting him write them off as nothing, apart from that, I don't really know what I can do to build more of a character out of him. I really do feel that Floyd is just kind of bland and lifeless when you crack off the outer shell, there isn't really anything underneath. I don't want to write him off either, I'd like to keep him an active participant of the roleplay until the end. If I could ask a small favor, do any of you have suggestions on how I can improve Floyd's character?

Sorry if it seems like I'm attention seeking, I'm really not. With all of my final exams coming up in the near future, and all of the homework I've been given, I haven't really had time to write up a decent post or two, so sorry about my somewhat low activity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Burble/Nygenn/Penthe.
We're kind of taking it a bit too slow I think. (I might be partially to blame.)

To add my two cents, I think we might be relying on Astral a bit too much for NPC interactions. I'm not sure if there's a solution to this but if there is, by all means, speak up.

To add my two cents, I think we might be relying on Astral a bit too much for NPC interactions. I'm not sure if there's a solution to this but if there is, by all means, speak up.
It's not so much that we're relying on then, rather that we're actually a bit bogged down by them. We don't want to just ignore them because their NPC's, because to our characters they're real people too.
-

About Floyd, that more withdrawn, internal focused character you got there is actually a decent enough achetype, it's just harder to show that someone more exuberant like Delilah for example. The key to your character is consistency. Stick to they way he his because as soon as you start giving in to changes he will lose who he is, who he's been building up to be and instead become something undefined.
That said, it would probably help if you can find some principles or core traits for Floyd and then really focus on making those shine through.

I think his tendency to worry excessively about things like other people's opinions was quite defining of him, and making for a fun basis for interaction. Also the way he loses himself in his Pokelore and becomes unrestrained then. That aside, you can still have him act decicively so long as there is no charismatic person directing him. So have the researcher in him step up from time to time and just go places and initiate action to satisfy his curiosity, consequences be damned, that is until someone points them out to him at which point he might go back to needlessly worry about things.

His simply writing things off has never really fit too well in my opinion, unless it comes to his own personal feelings. Those I can see him easily brush aside and misinterpret. But everything else I would think would spark his interest and demand his attention.

Quick question, there was a thing mentioned about the stages of the virus here, how long does it take for the virus to reach its final stage?

There is some variables involved but full unprotected exposure should be in a about a 12 hour time frame to start stage 3.

I like Floyd as a character Nova, and as an st I am enjoying you exploring his psychic awakening>:D (speaking of which I will pm you some things.)

Chroc that sounds like a good idea to me whatever helps you salvage your character.

There is some variables involved but full unprotected exposure should be in a about a 12 hour time frame to start stage 3.

I like Floyd as a character Nova, and as an st I am enjoying you exploring his psychic awakening>:D (speaking of which I will pm you some things.)

Chroc that sounds like a good idea to me whatever helps you salvage your character.

Okay, and you said it was spread through the air? Was it dropped from an aircraft, or... What I'm asking is how it was spread.

initially yes seeded via air drop just before the characters arrived on the island. Further transmission after that would be through multiple forms of contact with the infected +food and water contamination