• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Dark Tournament

Should the NPC have shown Nightmares

• yes- more depth and environment

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • no-takes away from the pcs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still here and excited for what may come out of this.

With the amount of NPCs though? I feel some could be cut for the better. Apollo, Amara, Mina, and Megan (sad to say) could either get killed off or run off and never appear again.

Really, the only NPCs we need are Lin, (debatedly) Nevashi, Mathew, and the mystery man. They are plot necessitated. Granted Lin could also be cut after the raid.

I sound so very grim saying this. Let's change subject...

I hope Delilah ends up okay in the end. She's obviously scarred for life, but still if she's alive she's alive.

But still, great post. The reveal, the action, the emotion is just perfect. In the end of the day, Delilah is a great character and it's a little sorrowful to see her go.

Still, good luck in all your future ventures in roleplay, Chroc. I'll work on that Suimera post in a minute :D

Edit-
Also worth pointing out these NPC deaths will probably lead to a good amount of characterization as well. But that's just my two cents.

Last edited:
Ditto with Burble.

I'm still here and quite eager to see this roleplay through to the end, but at the risk of echoing Burble's words, I'll just reiterate that we seriously need to get rid of all the NPCs cluttering the story.

Well these were at least the people and responses I was hoping for. I agree with the cutting of the cast though I didn't want to say it yet.

I guess the wait is for Damian, Lily, Knox, Jasper, Aidinia, and that guy going around by himself. I can probably get Lily back, and am sure the other guy is around, I just don't have all that much hope for the other 4. :(

Alright, I suppose the others would have seen their notifications by now. I guess it will be Floyd, Gerald, Cassie and Salem that we need to bring together so that they can infiltrate the TR base and put a premature stop to this fake tournament. The other PC's and NPC's can serve as distractions.

We'll need to get Floyd to join our merry band. Perhaps we can agree on something to happen which will not only give us a clue, but also toss Floyd in the river where he can meet up with Cassie some ways downstream. He should probably take Lily with him because I've been in contact with her and am convinced she will come back if we can promise she'll get some interaction this time around. Since she's out I think it would be nice if we can Crystal into the river. Perhaps something awful happens to Amara and she entrusts Floyd with her Lapras. How would you like a champion Lapras on your team Nova?

Salem is still going to be out of it for this second day and will probably rejoin events on the 3rd day, or if I'm supposed to take things over I can have some TR grunts find their little camp because they were tracking Lin, they raid it and take Salem, Aidinia, and Megan with them. I think we shouldn't kill off Lin in case Astral wants to play a little again later, or if we need a guide of sorts.

That will leave Gerald to go after Cassie and because Salem and Aidinia will be caught with their pants down I think we'll leave him the Pokemon, so he'd have uncontrollable Achilles, brain damaged Savior and super useful Alex to help him and June out.

What do you guys say? Thoughts, suggestions?

I quite like that idea, actually. I think Gerald getting all of them will lead to a lot of funny little banter moments between the Pokemon, maybe even Gerald himself (Arceus help him if Savior think's he's not up to snuff...)
I do kinda hope we can see more of Lily as well, she seems pretty interesting as a whole, and I really like the bond she and her Pangoro share. It's a shame we haven't really seen much of her character yet.
So yeah, fine by me. But before you hand over reins to anyones Pokemon (more specifically, Aidinia's) should we have Astral get in contact with her? Just to make sure she's not coming back for the moment?

I haven't seen or heard anything from Loziana since October 16... Besides, Aidinia will still be with Salem just locked away for a bit, I'm not killing off any player characters just putting aside the ones that are not responding to this thread anymore. I don't think Loziana would mind if we end up using Aidinia's Pokémon for a bit. We're not stealing them and they'll still be loyal to her.

Now to think of what can befall Floyd's group.

You could have the Slaking find them and force the group to split up. :p

I feel the 'big pokemon forces group to run for their lives' scenario has gotten a bit cliché at this point, in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to go along with the idea, but maybe something else could split them up?

I know Astral said there shouldn't be rocket grunts until day 3, but maybe some of the lower ranking ones could come across them instead?

I feel the 'big pokemon forces group to run for their lives' scenario has gotten a bit cliché at this point, in my opinion.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to go along with the idea, but maybe something else could split them up?

I know Astral said there shouldn't be rocket grunts until day 3, but maybe some of the lower ranking ones could come across them instead?
I was thinking the same thing actually. It has the added benefit of showing that TR is very much a criminal organization rather than a proper army.

Sooo...We all in agreement? I'm itching for some more writing with good ol' Gerald. Not that there's a problem with Appoint, but I gotta show him some love too :p

...I also found this on Reddit. Reminded me of June.

I'm still thinking it over. I've discovered that if I'm running a story I really don't enjoy playing it, but I really enjoyed playing Salem, so I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm also struggling with writing for the NPC's. It's all a big mess really.

I'm still thinking it over. I've discovered that if I'm running a story I really don't enjoy playing it, but I really enjoyed playing Salem, so I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm also struggling with writing for the NPC's. It's all a big mess really.
I'm sure you'll figure it out. You also have us if you need some input and help.

It's unlikely that I will take over this story. I'm more inclined to just sorta reference back to it in a flashback in a future RP with Salem. It's a crying shame because I really did want to play this campaign to the end, but I can't play it and run it at the same time.

On a different note, for all you who wondered what Salem looks like exactly, I've begun drawing the primitive man and put a first iteration up in the creative corner and you can find it HERE.