• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open The Astral Plaza Grand Exhibition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, everyone, to the Astral Plaza Grand Exhibition! During this event, Pokémon travel from all around to show their skills, from live preformances, to baking contests, to invention exhibitions, to fun games and battle tournaments! Come join us, and show what you can do! Participants and entrants can sign up here, and general admittance is free! Just sign up below!

Bio:

Name:
Sexuality: (If you are interested in romance. This is completely optional)
Moveset:
Personality
: (put as much or little here as you want, this is usually developed as the RP progresses.)
Appearance: (How does your character look different than other members of their species? Do they wear any accessories? Carry a bag with them?)
Reason for attending the Exhibition?:
Other:

Rules!!!

This is an all-Pokémon RP, so no humans or PokeHumans, please.

Please, keep cussing to a minimum. There are many, many words in the English language, and there is almost never a reason to use a cuss. I don’t mind one or two very minor cusses if the character is feeling very strongly, but otherwise... no.

Please be respectful of other RPers. They have their own feelings, and their own plans. So please don’t get angry if something doesn’t go the way you want it to, this is a collaborative game.

NO LEGENDARIES

Romance is perfectly fine, but please keep it to a hug, or a kiss.

To assure myself that you have read the rules, please type: (Star Swirl) somewhere in your bio.

You may have multiple characters. I will set a limit eventually. Please check with me if you plan to do more than two.

Please keep your characters at a decent level of power. I don’t want the RP ruined because one person goes over 9,000.

To ensure that you have read the rules, please say your character’s favorite gemstone at the bottom of your bio.

If you want to have a battle, I suggest you determine beforehand who will win. This isn’t a rule, just a suggestion.

I may add more rules in the future, as I see fit.

Finally, this is a work in progress, and I would love to hear any suggestions! I have only a vague plan at the moment, and with your characters we can arrange the events to better suit all players. If you have any questions, please ask me!

Also, feel free to add anything you want to your bio.

Tags:

@PlayfulFox47 (because you asked me to tag you)

@EeviumZ (because you usually like this type of RP)

@qlovers and @Kasumi Daiyamondo (because I thought Sugar Cookie and Jules might wanna come.)

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
@EeviumZ (because you usually like this type of RP)
You know me too well...

Name: Eve
Species: Eevee
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: She's got quite the rebel heart, and never backs down from... well, anything. When she sets her mind to something, she'll get it, come hell or high water. She can be very sassy, with a sarcastic sense of humor. However, beneath her brash facade, she has a heart of gold.
Appearance: She wears a lavender-colored scarf around her neck.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: She thought it sounded fun.
Other: Her favourite gemstone is her birthstone, amethyst.
She has a combo move she likes to use to be flashy. In the move, she uses Sparkly Swirl and Swift at the same time. She calls it "Star Swirl".

Name:
Tiara
Species: Riolu
Personality: Unlike the rash and hot-headed Eve, Tiara is level-headed and calm. She doesn't take nonsense from anyone, not even Eve. However, don't be fooled, as she can really make you miserable if you anger her.
Appearance: Blue scarf identical to Eve's
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: Eve dragged her along.
Other:
- Aquamarine
- Star Swirl

Yeah, I can handle a lot (Thinks back to Eli in Dragnos where I control most of the characters) I'll make the bios after I finish my post on the RP that I was thinking back to. (Hint of characters that I'm going to play: My normal duo, and a leafy boy. Rest I'm just going to think about.)

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Hm, I might join this, not sure though yet...

EDIT: Okay yeah, here goes:
Name: Kiki Pipi
Species: Jolteon.
Sexuality: Bi.
Moveset: Thunder Fang, Swift, Double Kick, Pin Missile, Fake Tears, Covet.
Personality: Kind and caring, she tries to help others who are having a little trouble with almost anything, though otherwise she normally doesn't talk too much. Despite her calm and helpful personality most of the time, it's easy to get on her nerves, in which case they're in for fight for sure.
Appearance: Fluffy and has with slightly softer spiky fur compared to an average Jolteon, with bunches of yellow and orange flowers on her back.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: She thought it was a good place to try and open up to others some more and to possibly practice baking a bit too.
Other: Sunstone, Star Swirl.

Last edited:

Shikowara

Previously Lily May
Name: Jules
Species: Carbink
Sexuality: not interested for him...
Moveset: (I thought that said movement for one sec... XD) Reflect, stealth rock, calm mind, and dazzling gleam.
Personality: Funny, trouble maker,
Appearance: Looks like a regular Carbink, (I might change that in the future)
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: Oof, um, I guess it real fun! (same as Eve I guess...XD)
Other: Star Swirl
Oh, I forgot the gemstone thing. He likes diamonds.

Last edited:

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Hm, I might join this, not sure though yet...

EDIT: Okay yeah, here goes:
Name: Kiki Pipi
Species: Jolteon.
Sexuality: Bi.
Moveset: Thunder Fang, Swift, Double Kick, Pin Missile, Fake Tears, Covet.
Personality: Kind and caring, she tries to help others who are having a little trouble with almost anything, though otherwise she normally doesn't talk too much. Despite her calm and helpful personality most of the time, it's easy to get on her nerves, in which case they're in for fight for sure.
Appearance: Fluffy and has with slightly softer spiky fur compared to an average Jolteon, with bunches of yellow and orange flowers on her back.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: She thought it was a good place to try and open up to others some more and to possibly practice baking a bit too.
Other: Sunstone, Star Swirl.
...I really need to stop editing in my bios because I can't wait for someone else to post...

Well, well. It seems I have found time to post. However, may someone enlighten me on whether Pokemon generally have the same life-span as humans, or not. That would be most appreciated.

Well then @RenzFlintrock , here is my character, as promised. Please tell me if anything is off or needs changing.

Name
: "Ol'" Shaymus

Species
: Hoothoot

Sexuality
: Asexual

Moveset:
Echoed Voice, Protect, Psychic, Psycho Shift, Roost, Synchronoise, Air Slash

Personality
: Ol' Shaymus is a very charismatic, generally being friendly and sometimes just a surly old 'hooter'. He is fond of listening and watching other people (not in a creepy way) and is the sort of person that most would go to for advice, or just friendly chatter.

Appearance
: (Take profile picture for reference.) Shaymus holds a finely crafted wooden staff in his right wing, which he calls "Star Swirl" or "Opal Istari". He almost never goes anywhere without it and uses it for all means of things. He has the common fur/feather lined chest that resembles a chestnut. His eyes are a darker and more deep-set orange than most others and his arrow like eyebrows protrude out of the corner of his eyes in a dark grey. His beloved hat, a stone grey crinkled old thing, sits perched upon his head and stick there even when appearing in precarious positions.

Reason for attending the Exhibition?:
He is a yearly visitor and sets up a camp and arena in which he offers to host battles, tournaments, performances or stories.

Other:
"Opal" "Star Swirl"

Last edited:
Decided not to post Sunny's and Nightfall's bio here, though they live around the area. I'll do it later, but I got stressed trying to do all four at a time.
Name: Alaf
Species: Leafeon
Moveset: Razor Leaf, Synthesis, Helping Hand, Quick Attack, Protect, Leaf Blade
Personality: Alaf is a very passive Pokemon, preferring Pokemon coming to talk to him instead of him going to others. He is very insecure and is shy, though he is friendly to other Pokemon. Studdering at lot, this Leafeon seems like a coward, but when push comes to shove he will stand up against anything that threatens the things he cares about. Alaf is a bit of a geek. He is trying to get over his studdering problem. If you are a friend of his, he will not studder.
Appearance: Alaf wears a white hat. He likes to wear it a lot. Other than that, he's a normal Leafeon.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: He lives in the area. Why not go?
Other: Dimond (Star Swirl)

Name:
Fay
Species: Ribombee
Moveset: Trick, Pollen Puff, Dazzling Gleam, Confide, Energy Ball, Silver Wind
Personality: Fay is hyperactive and optimistic. She also talks fast and makes friends faster. Though, she tends to lie, a lot. Says it's a part of her job, making stories bigger than they really are.
Appearance: She wears a small messager bag. Other than that, she's a normal Ribombee
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: Fay is a traveling storyteller. This is her job.
Other: Amber

Last edited:
Name: Aisa
Species: Glaceon
Moveset: Helping Hand, Tackle(doesn’t use if she can help it), Icy Wind, Baby-Doll eyes.
Personality: Aisa is a friendly individual who cares very deeply for her friends. She loves her work, and Frosted Lum-Ade. You all have probably met her before.
Appearance: Average for a Glaceon, although she is a bit smaller than average. She has a gold earring with a blue gem in her right ear, and often wears a fur cape.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: Much like Alaf, she is currently living in Astral Plaza, so why not attend? She will likely spend a good bit of her time at Four Seasons Café.
Other: Sapphire.

Name: Storm
Species: Altaria
Moveset: Growl, Astonish, Sing, Disarming Voice, Round, Dragon Dance, Perish Song
Personality: Storm has always been a bit of a rebel among Swablu and Altaria. She doesn’t care as much about cleanliness as the rest of her species, and she likes, and preforms, rock music. She is the leader of the band Cirrus Rock.
Appearance: Average for an Altaria, but her wings are darker. Thus her name.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: Because her band is making its debut performance there, during he night concerts.
Other: A starswirl Stone one fell out of the sky. It reminded her of her favorite stone, Quartz.

Okay, y’all, I won’t be able to post the RP yet, so I’m the meantime if you have any suggestions about events in the festival, please let me know!

XanthousXatu

Previously SwiftSwoobat
This is just the best thing I've ever seen with my eyes. So much opportunity!

Name: Cobalt
Species: Boldore
Moveset: Rock Slide, Iron Defense, Smack Down, Stealth Rock, Sandstorm, Rock Polish, Earthquake
Personality: An aspiring and ambitious young Pokemon, always wanting to achieve it's dream -- to be the first Pokemon to map out the entirety of the largest known cave system in the world. He is optimistic and hard-working, doing his best whenever he can. However, he isn't quick to trust others, rejects change, and is quite unsympathetic to non-rock or steel type Pokemon. His favourtie gemstone is Emerald.
Appearance: Cobalt has a glistening white ore stuck into it for some odd reason.
Reason for attending the Exhibition?: Battling, of course. (Star Swirl)
Other: None

If its not too late ill go ahead and join as well and use the same slowking i always use. maybe a little updated.
Name: Sol
Species: slowking(shiny)
sexuality: straight but generally oblivious.
Moves: Zen headbutt, yawn, water pulse, slack off, headbutt, and belch. (he hits his head a lot. though funny enough he doesn't get dumber for it)
personality: friendly, mild-mannered, carefree, clumsy, and occasionally oblivious.
Appearance: purple and blue striped silk scarf around neck. (sometimes he wears it around his waist like a belt for giggles)
Reason for attending the exhibition: not completely sure. there are a lot of bright flashing lights. Sol does a lot of things without any particular reason. Perhaps he will realize what he wants to do.
other: hardystonite, star swirl (i'm not sure what a star swirl is so i just put it here like the others did.)
Hardystonite%2C_Willemite%2C_Franklinite-446841.jpg

Last edited:
@ThAtGuY101 Astral Plaza is a city with hot summers, cold winters, fresh springs, and crispy autumns. It is probably the Pokemon equivalent of a large town, plenty of houses, parks, lots of shopping and dining locations in a downtown area... maybe similar to, say, Lumiose or Saffron. It's the largest city in the region. It is in a more forest/grassland environment, mountains a ways to the north, plains to the west, forest out a little ways to the east and south... if I remember my map correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.