• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Team Wyvern: Generation two

@Justalonelyaxew Sure! More the Merrier!
Probably with ground troops. Everyone is thinking that it is to attack Kanto itself. Our mission is to Attack Team Rocket, not actually Kanto. It is to assert dominance as the team. Of course, police will get involved, but actually targeting not important spots has no use

(Only one question; what's exactly the difference between being a scientist and being a researcher. English is not my native language and, as far as I know, I always thought that they were more or less the same... So, I may change it).

Bios:
Name: Robert Afton, but prefers to be known just as "Afton".
Personality: Cold and calculator with the people that doesn't know at all, but kind and loyal to the ones that he really trusts. Amoral. Perseverant. Intelligent and imaginative, yet he gets stressed and angry quite easily. He likes to relax. He knows about mechanics and electronic. He likes action.
Appearance: He is a slim person of 6,17 foot of height. He has brown hair, with hazel eyes, and a small goatee. He usually wears a light blue shirt, black jeans and gray sneakers with some blue details (he likes to be comfortable), and a white coat. In his left pocket, at the chest, he carries some laser pointers and pens; and has an ID card with a photo of him, some relevant information about his position in the organization and the Team Wyvern logo. He also wears some globes with some circuit boards implemented. He has a Noivern necklace too, bought in Kalos during one of his travels, and a tablet with the Team Wyvern logo. He carries a big, more or less big and metallic bag, that includes a portable generator, which main source of energy are Tynamos.
Backstory: Afton was born in Castelia City, Unova. Since he was a kid, he showed admiration for science, but nothing compared to his fanatism with Dragon-Type Pokemon. He went to the university, getting a doctorate in Physics. He always wanted to join Team Plasma, but the New Team Plasma didn't fulfill his expectations, preferring the ideals of the original one. Incredibly imaginative, he designed and created some personal projects. He managed to create an alternative source of power, but nobody in Unova bet for his project. He traveled to Kalos and Alola, expecting that his idea was welcomed, but he didn't succeed either. He came back to Unova and worked as a waiter for some years. He detested his situation, his hopes and dreams, his projects were stopped by people that didn't expect bet for a better world. When he heard about Team Wyvern, he decided to join, not only for his avocation to Dragon-Type Pokemon, because he wanted to change the world, and expected that Team Wyvern could help him fulfilling his dream.
Job: Researcher
Other: Unlike the other Team Wyvern members, and despite his avocation to Dragon-type Pokemon, he didn't use a lot of Dragon Pokemon due to his necessities. He treats his Pokemon as friends but uses them for his own purposes too when he needs it. Most of the space of his backpack is occupied by the generator, but he carries some chips, a compass, a small clock and small kit of tools in case he needs to repair something.

Pokemon:

Nickname: Tusk
Species: Haxorus
Appearance: Just a normal Haxorus. He has some scars on his chest, and his left Tusk is slightly broken too.
Personality: Kind and loyal to his trainer; aggressive if someone messes with his trainer. He was Afton's first Pokemon, and they have a common respect for each other.

Nickname: Tesla
Species: Eelektross
Appearance: Just an Eelektross; pretty slippery. He wears a black vest with a "High Voltage" sign painted on his back part.
Personality: Sleepy and lazy, but he gives his best in combats. It was Afton's second Pokemon, and he uses it in case he needs a quick energy recharge or sabotages electrical systems. He helped Afton when he needed to capture a bank of Tynamos for his generator.

Nickname: Vesuvius
Species: Turtonator
Appearance: A normal Turtonator, but with more spikes than the normal ones, and some of them, slightly curved. He also has a stone bracelet with some Alolan decoration in his right arm.
Personality: He was captured during Afton's trip to Alola. Pretty slow, but stubborn as a Tauros. He usually catches colds, and it's very advisable to stay far from him when this happens.

Nickname: Talos
Species: Porygon-Z
Appearance: A normal Porygon Z. He has a kind of mechanical device with some circuit boards in his chest.
Personality: Likes to stay out of his Pokeball, and normally Afton allows it. Hyperactive. Always going from one way to another, expecting instructions from his trainer. Is it told that Afton "borrowed" it while he was in Kalos. Is it very useful to Afton when he needs to manipulate or hack computers. The device that has in his chest helps him to enter into one computer, or jump easily from one to another, and manipulate its data.

Nickname: OS
Species: Metagross
Appearance: A normal Metagross, but with a mechanical device in his both of the frontal legs and a small antenna in his head.
Personality: Clever, enjoys help other Pokemon. Due to his incredible capacity of matching, assimilating and analyzing information, Afton uses him when he needs to use a more powerful computer when he can't.

And since it looks like that it is almost a tradition attaching some music to use when someone fights against your character, I'll go with this one:

He had a kid at twelve? Two years after the main games? NICE

Although that begs the question, if its been 46 years since Pokemon Red and Blue, would the Gym Leaders be the same? I assumed it would take place RIGHT after Red and Blue

@Justalonelyaxew Sure! More the Merrier!
Probably with ground troops. Everyone is thinking that it is to attack Kanto itself. Our mission is to Attack Team Rocket, not actually Kanto. It is to assert dominance as the team. Of course, police will get involved, but actually targeting not important spots has no use
Oh Yeah, Isn't Soan supposed To Be enforcing Team Wyvern, Besides, Blue's Gym was Originally Giovanni's Gym, So There Would Still Be traces Of Team Rocket, Trying To Get The Gym back, But To No avail, also, Soan Might Find Clues To Where Giovanni Went.

He had a kid at twelve? Two years after the main games? NICE

Although that begs the question, if its been 46 years since Pokemon Red and Blue, would the Gym Leaders be the same? I assumed it would take place RIGHT after Red and Blue
Also, Red and Blue were 11 during Red, blue, Green(Japan), Yellow.

Also, Red and Blue were 11 during Red, blue, Green(Japan), Yellow.

Wouldn't that make both of them over 50? And for Giovanni.. He'd probably be dead or retired by now if Blue and are 56.. Going with what you said about their age, of course, what about the significantly older gym leaders? Such as Blaine? Or Agatha of the Elite Four.

@Justalonelyaxew The main difference between researcher and scientist would be that scientist is more of the chief of researchers. Basically, think of them like assistants, but in many ways, they are not. Scientist just happen to look over them. Due to you being the first researcher on Team Wyvern, you will kind of act like an assistant to Solis, but he doesn't really see himself better than others.

You are right though, by definition, there is no difference.

This RP is taking place in more the Kalos era. So it would be around 10 years after the downfall of Team Rocket 1. (I say 1 'cause they technically come back again)

So did i, anyways

As of right now, Solis has ordered an attack on Team Rocket, who are suffering from the losses in both Kanto and Johto, this is a mission to quietly eliminate Team Rocket and assert Wyvern's control of the Kanto region.

Currently a group of us have landed in areas significant to the team.
The Viridian Gym, The Game Corner Base, The Silph Company, so on.

The plan is too see if there are any Rockets left there and... eliminate them

oooh! Spooky!

I'm just getting REALLY annoyed how Every Word Starts With A Captial Letter, Can you iron this out? It's making me go mad!

also, I really don't like that your "Blue's child" and that your 46! Making every gym leader be dead or 90! you NEED to change this to fix the flow of the roleplay

Is it too late to join? I just thought of something which I could do...

Name: Zailia
Rank (Grunt or Admin): Grunt
Personality: An easygoing person, but focused in battle. Loyal friend, but if she doesn't take a liking to you...
Appearance: Wears a pink cap with a heart on it and a light purple shirt. Has long, dark hair and blue eyes (sorry, I'm not very good at descriptive stuff)
Backstory (If needed): None
Job: Just joint, so unknown
Other: Team Wyrvern

Pokemon:
Nickname (If you don't want a nickname, leave this Blank): Gleam
Species: Sylveon
Appearance: Typical Sylveon, except for a pink bow on one of her feelers
Personality: Perfectly aware of her power over Dragon types, but does not abuse it. She is caring, and will try to defend anybody who can't defend themselves.