• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A New Disaster(RP)

Jordan was hesitant to do anything, but he finally manned up at attacked. He was fast, so he ran around Illfang, attacking its legs in small openings.

Koop circled around Illfang before using his shield as a stepping stone to climb above the Boss before landing a spin slash on the arm he was holding the shield. "Great!" He said out as the boss swung backwards towards him. Koop managed to block the strike with his spear and managed to land on his feet when he touched the ground.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose took aim and would fire a pair of arrows at the Illfang's shoulder. Rose kept back as she readied more arrows and took aim for the boss' knees next.

Just keep pelting this thing and we'll bring it down. No big deal, we got this...

Casys ran up to Illfang, the blood roaring in his ears. With Uppercut activated, Casys watched his party mates to see who needed assistance. Illfang swung his axe in a downward arc toward Lexi, and Casys sprung into action. He swiftly dashed to Lexi, who luckily was only a couple feet away, and swung his bade upward. The clash of steel rang through the boss room as Casys struggled to hold ground against Illfang, th Kobold Lord pushing down on Casys's blade.

Violet rushed in silently and threw her daggers towards the boss. One of her daggers was deflected but one managed to hit his face.
"Let's go." She told her group as she ended a life of one of the minions.
"Ouch." Violet flinched when a minion slashed open a wound on her shoulder, then quickly realized it didn't hurt very much.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Cosmic finally charged into the room and made sure to keep an eye out for any minions. He came right in front of the boss, which tried to slash at him. Luckily, Cosmic had been practicing his reflexes and dodged the attack. He responded by using one of his skills,"Vertical Arc" which caused a V-Shaped gash on Illfang's chest. He leaped away from Illfang and saw Vokami getting slashed by a minion. There didn't seem to be any people from the groups holding off the sentinels, so Cosmic put his sword in his sheathe and used one of his dagger skills,"Cross Edge." The skill caused a similar gash, except the shape of the letter was an X. The damage done to the sentinel was high enough to end it's life. Cosmic turned around and looked straight in Vokami's eyes. "Let's kill this boss," he told her sharply.

Vokami nodded solemnly and charged at Illfang's feet and slashed as fast as she could. She was knocked back several times and could barely stand, but she promised herself she would not die, not now, not ever. She looked at all the other groups and a rush of adrenaline coursed through her veins, giving her strength to continue.

"These things are a bit boring," mumbled Ry as he parried a hit from one of the minions. These guys were pretty weak. His best friend was a beta tester of the game, but had died previously. He had gotten cocky, and now Ry was determined to win and be free of this virtual nightmare. But he would never get strong enough fighting minions while others got a hit at the boss. His old buddy had taught him a few tricks and he intended to use them.

He lunged forward, after leaping over a minion. He kept his sword at ready and it began to charge with power. He slashed at Illfang, before he was knocked back by a quick smack. He hit the ground behind him, and rolled backwards.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
As Vokami charged Illfang's feet, Cosmic attacked the chest, like previously. Most attacks he dodged, some he blocks, and others he simply got knocked back by. He checked Illfang's health and saw that it was less than half health. "We're nearly done with the boss, but a fair warning, he's going to be switching into a nōdachi soon!" Cosmic shouted. After dodging another attack, he saw someone get knocked back from the boss. He didn't remember the player in the front groups that were meant to attack the boss, so Cosmic guessed he was supposed to fight the minions. "Get out of here! There's no reason for you to put a larger risk to your life! Do your job and everything will be finished a lot quicker!" he called out to the player. Immediately afterwards, Cosmic got hit in the back by a minion. A direct hit. "Damn. Guess this is it huh? Goodbye, world..." he said before falling to the ground. The minion left Cosmic and started heading towards Ry.

"Ah, damn it." Dapper_Cat murmured as he saw a player get hit and go rolling away from Illfang after he practically got pimp-slapped. Then one of the people from the boss group, the man that was trying to give the other players a morale boost, was hit by a minion. The minion then headed towards the first man who was slapped away. Dapper_Cat had to make a decision. It was tough, but he made it in less than a second. "Koop, try and heal up that guy!" Dapper_Cat ordered, motioning to Cosmic. After giving his order, Dapper_Cat evaded a slash from Illfang and charged towards the Kobold Sentinel that was going after Ry. Dapper_Cat knocked the minion aside with his staff and took out a healing crystal as he crouched next to Ry. "You still with us, guy?"

Ry pushed away rhe heath crystal. "I'm fine." Then he noticed a man down. He snatched the crystal and ran towards Cosmic, sliding beside him. "Here's a Healing crystal, courtesy of that guy." He said pointing with his thumb towards Dapper_Cat. He has been hit with the flat end of the blade, so he had taken less damage. This guy was in a bigger need for aid. And besides, he just needed a bit if time to heal. In the meantime, he could deal with some minions.

After setting the crystal down, he looked at the Minion who had tried to attack him earlier. He raised his sword once more, and thrusted his blade towards the beast's stomach. The Minion parried the attack, and this is where, Ry swung around to deliver a strike that ended the creature.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Damn it!" Rose cursed as she saw someone get nailed. Acting quickly, she loaded three arrows and fired them right at the Illfang's neck.

"This thing is tough." Rose said to herself as she loaded more arrows and fired a pair at the Illfang's knees.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Cosmic heard noises around him, though everything seemed like a blur. He saw a familiar looking object in front of him. He took it and realized it was Healing Crystal, which he used to regain most of his health. He got back up and saw two people in front of him. One, he thought he saw near the front, and another, the person that he shouted at before. "Where's the sentinel?" he thought worriedly. He looked around and saw nothing except the boss, players, and minions being attacked. Cosmic guessed one of the people around him ended the sentinel's life. "Thanks. Here, I'll repay whoever had the crystal. It was you, according to the person that gave me the crystal," he said. He exchanged another healing crystal to Dapper_Cat, and told him he didn't need any payment. "Let's get back to our jobs, it's the only thing we'll beat this damn thing," Cosmic told the two as he turned to the boss. The arrows struck and another person slashed at the boss. That slash took out Illfang's second health bar, and Illfang roared. He put the large axe in the ground, and his weapon was replaced with a large nōdachi. "I knew it," Cosmic thought. He waited for the boss to make his move, so he could figure out his attack pattern.

"I'll cover whoever attacks!" Ry shouted, giving his sword a swing. It whistled in the air, and he gave a fearsome grin. Then the boy charged ahead. Within a second he was facing the boss, once more. He don't know if anyone was covering him, but he still would attack. Illfang raised his nodachi, and Ry leapt once again at him. Both blades were swung, and collided simultaneousl. However Illfang was pushed back by the impact and stumbled giving someone else a good shot at dealing some damage.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose took advantage of the opening and fired three arrows right at the Illfang. Acting quickly Rose loaded another pair of arrows and fired them as well. Five arrows right at the Illfang while it was stunned.

If we keep this up, we will win. No doubt about it.

As Ry caused an opening and Rose fired her arrows, Dapper_Cat simultaneously charged ahead. He sent a quick series of strikes to the now-exposed Illfang. The Kobold Lord sent a swing down at him but missed. "C'mon, we got this now!"

Vokami saw Cosmic get knocked down but kept going as she saw someone give him a healing crystal. When she got knocked back she learned a new trick. She flipped in the air and landed on his back and stuck her dagger in Illfang and slid down to the floor. She checked her health and sighed.
"Nearly dead." She whispered to herself.

Lexi gritted her teeth and went in for another attack, but was knocked down by a minion that was falling. As she hit the ground, two things happened. Illfang used an stun attack that was aimed about torso-height for the average human, which thus missed Lexi, and the minion that had toppled her erupted into shards. Lexi, looking around, saw that everyone around her was paralyzed. This confused her for a second, but Illfang too seemed puzzled as to why the teenager hadn't been hit. Seeing her chance, Lexi charged. She jumped at the last second, striking Illfang right square in the chest with a stabbing Sword Skill she'd picked up when hunting. Illfang staggered backwards, then exploded into teal shards. The "Congratulations!" banner appeared in the air, and the paralysis effect immediately lifted. Lexi landed on her feet, panting. I just killed a boss!

Violet was hit with the paralysis attack and gritted her teeth as she saw someone take out the boss.
"Oof." She toppled over when the effect wore off.
"Congrats." Vokami shook the girls hand and started to leave as she pulled her coat collar up.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
As other's went to attack, Cosmic tried charging as well, but realized he was paralyzed. "Shit, at this point I-" his thought was cut short by a Congratulations banner. Cosmic cursed once more since he couldn't get the final attack bonus. "I guess I can't get 'em all," he said to himself with a sigh. He put his hood on and began walking towards the congratulations banner. There he saw other people congratulating a girl. "Hey, nice job. The name's Cosmic, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to add you as a friend," he said to the small group. He hoped to get another ally quickly.

"Congrats on the kill. I'm Ry, by the way," Ry said placing his hand on her shoulder. With his other hand, he sheathed his sword.

He checked his heath. He was above half but he would heal over time. It would be best to head to a safe zone and rest. "Now, I'm going to go to a safe zone. Any more work and I could pass out." He said as he shared a laugh with a few other players.

The paralysis had scared quite a few players, including Ry, but he was lucky to have an antidote crystal ready. He had picked it up earlier and it sure had proved useful.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose let out a sigh once the boss was defeated. One down, and they didn't lose anyone. That had to be a good sign she felt. Rose went over to Lexi.

"Good job." Rose said with a smile to Lexi.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
(OOC- Ahh, I didn't get any notifications!)

Parker didn't have the chance to do much, he got a few hits on the boss early in but was quickly overtaken by minions. He knew he couldn't get closer to the boss and decided that he would be most useful taking on the minions. By the time he had killed just 5 of the lesser kobolds he had been stunned and before he realized the boss was down. He looked around and was astonished to see everyone from the main teams were still alive. He had suspected atleast a few to be taken out by the boss, but the worst injury he could see was a stab wound in Cosmic's back. After a while he noticed a group of players crowding around a girl. Not wanting anything to do with the cluster of people he decided he wanted to be the first person on the second floor and rushed up the staircase to the doors that were now opening.

Lexi scratched the back of her head, suddenly a bit shy. "Um..thanks," she said, accepting Ry's friend request. Leon walked up to her, a gracious smile on his face.

"Congrats on the kill," he congratulated her. Lexi was about to reply when she realized that she couldn't see Casys. She looked around frantically for her friend. Oh my God, did he die?! Lexi thought, horrified by the idea.

Dapper_Cat stood up. "That was a little too close for comfort." He muttered. He'd seen Lexi get the last kill so he went over to congratulate her. However, as he did, he noticed she had a worried look on her face. Upon looking around the group surrounding her, Dapper_Cat soon realized that Casys seemed to be missing. "He should be fine," Dapper_Cat stated as he stopped next to Lexi. He checked the party settings to make sure. "According to this, he still has health. So unless it glitched he should be here somewhere. Maybe he had to use a teleport crystal and bail?"

Lexi nodded. "Yeah, I was stupid for not checking that," she said. "Hey, when we get out of here, maybe we could stay partied together?" It definitely wouldn't hurt to be in a group with more people, after all, so asking was worth a shot.

(OOC: @ManateeMike You still getting alerts?)

Casys sheathed his Sword, breathing a sigh of relief that the boss battle was over. He walked over to Lexi and said, "I'm right here! I wouldn't die on you." The joking one in his voice continued as he said, "Congrats on the kill!"

Last edited:
Dapper_Cat grinned as Casys walked near them. "I don't see an issue with you guys coming along." Dapper_Cat said. He looked back to Rose and Coop. Of course, he wanted their input, first. "Koop, Rose, what do you two think? Lexi wants to stick with us."

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose gave a smile.

"I don't see the problem with it. The more the merrier I say." Rose said, voicing her approval of Lexi's desire to join them. She turned to Koop to see what he would say.

Koop looked towards Rose and Dapper_Cat. "Yeah I agree too, being in a bigger group would help our survival in this game especially on the later floors." He said while leaning his spear over his shoulder.

Lexi playfully punched her friend in the arm, not hard enough to cause a decrease in HP. "Don't disappear like that, 'kay?" she teased. "I asked to stay partied with Dapper_Cat, Rose, and Koop. What about you?"

As Vokami left the scene she headed into the forest and found a small creature that was sliver and black.
"A dragon." She breathed. As Vokami approached the small animal she noticed that it was injured, so she picked it up and gave it a small healing potion she had collected when battling.
"Hear you go little guy." Vokami stayed with the dragon until it was fully healed, but when she left, the dragon followed her everywhere.
" If you are going to follow me, I have to give you a name... How about Luna?" The dragon nodded yes.
"Let's go Luna, we got to make it out of here."

"Ow! My arm!" Casys mocked. He surveyed the battle field, watching as the people around him pulled themselves together after the carnage of the boss battle. I wonder how many of them died. 1? 2? 10? "Huh?" Casys said, dragged out of his stupor by Lexi's question. "Yeah, I'll stay partied with Koop and Dapper, too."

Koop put his spear back on his back and looked at the exit of the boss room. "Floor 2 is right over there." He said looking back towards everyone else. "Is everyone ready to proceed onto floor 2?" He asked.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Once Rose did a supply check, she gave a nod to Koop to inform him she was ready to advance to Floor 2. Rose's fear from the initial panic of being stuck in a death game had all but faded now. Now Rose was confident and ready for whatever lay ahead.

With a larger group, our odds for survival go up. I can do this, we can do this...

"Alrighty then! Let's go!" Lexi exclaimed. Her adrenaline kick hadn't worn off yet, and that, coupled with shyness from tons of people congratulating her, was probably why she wanted to head to the next floor quickly.

One and a half months later...

"And another one!" Lexi grinned at her kill. Some kind of deerlike creature. "Venison's on the menu tonight!"

Blue clashed blades with the skeletal creature that was the mini boss, sparks from clashing metal shot every where, "Man, this thing is tougher than I thought!" Blue exclaimed as he parryed the attack knocking its weapon up into the air, "Now, Ry, switch in!" Blue exclaimed, they had been fighting this thing for a while and he was starting to get low on health.

Koop walked out of the side of a forest on floor. He was now wielding a Steel leaf Spear that has a longer green blade with 4 small spikes on the lower sides of the blade, the staff has 2 green rings on two sections of the staff. He upgraded his Frenzy Bull leather jacket into Raging Bull Leather jacket with the Raging Bull Hide he got on floor 3. He looked around the place before walking back into the forest.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Good job Lexi!" Rose said with a smile as she walked up to Lexi with a bag of fish in her hand. Between the two, as well as some berries Rose had picked, they'd have enough to get by for a meal. It was....almost alarming how much life in this game Rose had gotten used to.