• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A New Disaster(RP)

Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sword-art-online-a-new-disaster.17167/#post-482215
-----------
Alexis gave a sigh of releif as she set her pencil down. She had gotten home from school a little over a half hour prior and needed to do her algebra homework before she could do anything enjoyable. The teenager got up and picked up an unopened box from the corner of her desk. Inside was a brand-spanking-new NerveGear helmet. After wrestling with the tape and skimming through the owner's manual, Alexis slipped the device on. She had to calibrate and set it up before she could play, but this took a minimal amount of time. Alexis, soon to be known in the virtual world as Lexi, lay gingerly down on her bed as not to break her NerveGear. She closed her eyes and pressed a button on the helmet, excitement coursing through her veins.

Lexi opened her eyes to the world of Sword Art Online, or Aincrad. She smiled as she pulled out her trident, which had been one of the questions asked when she was setting up her profile: what weapon would you like to start off with? Like other starter weapons and armor, Lexi's followed a color scheme that was picked out in the profile creation. Lexi had picked pink-and-black, so her weapons and armor echoed that choice. Her avatar wore a semi-short black sleveless underdress underneath a pink-tinted metal breastplate and shoulder pads of the same color. Her boots went up to her knees and were black, with pink lsocks that went further up. Finishing the outfit was a pair of black gloves with pink detailing and a pink bow holding her ponytail up. Lexi's trident had a long black handle, the end with three dangerously sharp points being pink. Gripping the weapon tightly, Lexi headed to the fields so ahe could raise her levels and get some food to eat.

Jag got to work on the field trying to raise his levels. He cut threw a couple of boars before getting hit by one decreasing his LP to twenty. He mentally cursed before standing up. Since he had today off of school he was able to do some grinding before most of the people got there. He let out a breath as he remained focused.

Lexi threw her trident at a boar, then ran up to it as it charged at her before jumping over it and retrieving her weapon. She repeated this twice before the creature's Health ran out. Lexi noticed another player grinding and walked over to him. "Happy SAO Release Day!" she said to him, grinning. Her eyes then darted to his HP bar, which had been depleted, and read that his username was JAG.

"Link start!"

Lucas opened his eyes to the world of Aincrad, spawning on the first floor. Lucas, known as Casys in Sword Art Online, stepped off of the spawn location and raced out of the town that he had spawned in. Clad in gray armor over a light blue shirt and gray pants with black boots, Casys burst out of town and into a field area. Casys had bought the VRMMO after much time spent patiently waiting. Now, Casys thought, I'm finally ready to play!

Casys drew his weapon, a light blue starter sword, and brought it down in a curved arc onto the head of a boar. It let out a small squeal before bursting into a shower of blue and green shards. Casys was about to attack another boar when he saw two other players. "Hey!" Casys called to them, running over. "I'm Lu- uhh, Casys!"

Jag whipped some sweat from his forehead. "Nice to meet you Casys I'm Jag." He said He then looked at the woman and nodded He looked at her name it said Lexi. " Well.... Hey this might sound off but since the three of us are here would you guys like to form a party?" He asked. "We don't know what might be ahead of us in here so it'll be good to have someone to watch your back."

A party, huh? Casys thought, contemplating the offer. It would be good to have someone watching my back. "Alright, Jag, let's party up." Casys pulled up the menu and tapped the "Party" icon. He then sent a party invite to JAG. " What about you...Lexi?" Casys asked, sending her an invite as well.

Rita sat in her room on her computer playing video games when she heard a knock on her door "yea" she said as she went and opened it to find a delivery man holding out a package "I have a package for Rita Hellsling" the man said before Rita took the package out of his hands "thanks, bye" Rita said before closing the door and running to her room "Finaly!!!" Rita yelled as she unboxed the package to reveal a nerve gear system and a copy of Sword Art Online, Rita quickly set up the nerve gear and put it on before laying down on her bed "now let do this" Rita said before turning the nerve gear on,

"LINK START!"

Rita opened her eyes to find herself in Aincrad "wow cool" Rita said before looking around "now where to go now?" Rita said to herself before noticing people flowing out of the starting town towards what seems to be a field "well I guess that's where I'm gonna go" Rita said as she head towards the field

Lexi gave Casys a thumbs up and selected the "accept" icon. "Anything in particular you guys want to do?" she asked, not really having a plan of her own.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Finally, I made it."

Taylor let out a grin, having taken a moment to admire her own avatar before she contemplated what to do. She saw several people head out to the field from the starting town. It was as good as place as any she thought to herself. Soon she saw another girl, Rita, who seemed to have the same idea in mind. Taylor went over to the girl.

"Hey there, thinking of going to that group out on the field?" Taylor asked the girl.

Last edited:
"Well for starters," Casys began, closing his menu and drawing his sword. "We should get as much EXP as possible before this floor gets cleared out. When that happens it might take a full real-time day for everything to respawn."

Lexi nodded, a little agitated that she hadn't thought of that first. "Makes sense," she agreed. A low growl sounded behind her, and Lexi turned around just in time to knock a wolf aside before it could attack her. "Jesus, that almost gave me a heart attack!" she exclaimed.

"Link Start!"

And just like that, Michael Allen, commonly known by his username as "Dapper_Cat," was in the game of Sword Art Online. Admittedly, he was a little cautious when he went to purchase it initially. After what happened with the game's release in Japan some time ago, who wouldn't be cautious? Even a goofball like him was apprehensive. But, he supposed he might as well try it. Caleb looked at his reflection in one of the nearby house windows. He had the standard armor for starters, and it fit his color scheme, as did his Quarter Staff. Michael's mainly-clothing armor was predominantly black, but the actual armor pieces had a green tint to them. He liked it. His staff was predominantly green, with black tribal carvings, mainly wolves. He was glad the game allowed people to input their own designs, if they wanted to. He didn't make an emblem, though the game told him he could later.

For his physical appearance, he wasn't really all that different. Same chocolate skin color, the same long black hair, same violet eyes. The only real difference was was his height. Instead of being the freak-of-nature-height he actually was, he opted for a more realistic height of 5'9". Still a bit on the tall side for a sixteen-year-young, but he was fine with that. Michael always did prefer making his characters look like him. Overall, he was satisfied with how things turned out.

Michael, or he guessed he should call himself Dapper_Cat while online, made his way near the exit of the Town of Beginnings. On his way, he spotted two girls. He wasn't sure if they were looking for a group or what, so, he decided to ask. It would be smart to be in a group, anyway. "Yo." Dapper_Cat said as he approached the two. "Are you two looking to form a party with someone?"

Jag hit the accept button and looked at his two companions. " I agree." He said. "I think it might be a good idea to do some of the quests around this floor as well." He said. " That way we'll be able to not only gain experience but col as well. not to mention decent items." He said.

Casys gave Lexi a smirk before he attacked the wolf. He swung outward in a wide arc, catching the wolf under the chin and knocking me it back. "To maximize EXP each of us should attack enemies one by one, right after the other." Casys eyed the wolf as it began charging back at them. "Jag, your turn. Switch!"

Rita turned around to see the two other players who had approached her "oh, hi there" Rita said as she looked at the two players closely and then turned to Dapper_Cat "no actually, I'm not" Lyla said before turning to Taylor "and that should answer your question as well" Rita said before drawing her sword and walking off to the field to fight monsters

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Taylor shook her head, an amused grin on her face as Rita left, before she turned to Dapper_Cat.

"I'm not sure at the moment. First I want to get a taste of things before I decide to join a party. I'll see you around.." Taylor said to Dapper_Cat as she drew her bow and ran to the field much like Rita had before her with the same intent to fight some monsters.

Last edited:
"A'ight." Was all Dapper_Cat said when the two girls ran off. He supposed he might as well do some level grinding himself. A pub was usually the best place for things like sidequests, so the boy headed there. Upon arriving he was greeted with several quests. He took all the kill quests offered, as well as a unique one. Apparently it was a one-of-a-kind grab, not repeatable and it supposedly gave all members involved a unique armor type of their choosing. Dapper_Cat decided to accept the quest. He would find party members later for the unique quest. Apparently it was to eliminate a mini-boss called the Dire Wolf.

Jag let out a breath He ran at the wolf cutting it's side making it move backwards. " Now Lexi finish it off." He said as he looked at the wolf.

Lexi nodded and ran at the wolf. She thrust her trident into the creature's side, draining it of HP and causing it to shatter into many cool-colored shards that got caught in the wind. The victory message appeared in front of everyone, telling them what they earned from the fight.

Satisfied with the quests he'd collected, Dapper_Cat left the pub and went out of the town of beginnings. There, he saw a group of three fighting a wolf. They seemed to have skillfully taken down the wolf. He moved on, absent-mindedly twirling his quarter staff. That was, until a wolf attacked him. He looked up at the lunging wolf and hit it on it's chin with the edge of his staff. It knocked the wolf to it's right flank, but it quickly scrambled back to it's feet. As it turned to Dapper_Cat, it was met with several strikes to the head from the staff. Before long, it was defeated and shattered into tiny shards. Michael looked up at the victory message.

Jacob sat in his room just thinking, thinking if he should actually go through with using the Nervegear. He had purchased it without any of his family knowing, in fact they outright did not want Jacob to get the thing. He put aside his differences and put it on completing the calibrations quickly and entered the world with his avatar with the name "Zodiac" he had no reason except the fact that it sounded cool to him, and it was a username he has used on plenty of other things.. He kept his avatar as close to his true self as he could with very minor modifications, his coloration of his outfit was mostly a darker shade of red with his weapon, the hook sword, also having a darker coloration of his hilt with its blade keeping a metallic color. He logged in to the world of Aincrad and was breathless at its beauty, he exited the town and looked in awe as he began to hunt for creatures.

After reading the victory message (12 whole EXP!) Casys sheathed his blade and let put a sigh of relief. He turned around to his fellow party members and said, "So...I picked up a solo quest on my way out of town. I'm gonna leave the party to do it but I'll send you guys a message to party back up when I'm done!" Casys pulled up the menu and set that quest as his active one. "Looks like I'm off to slay a dire wolf. See you guys later!"

"Hold on," Lexi said, then pulled up her menu. A few seconds later, a message popped up for Casys to see, and one for Jag just after that: Lexi sent the two of them a friend request.

Casys accepted the friend request from Lexi as he walked, waving "bye" behind him. On the way to the quest location Casys came across a pair of boars. Casys drew his sword and activated Horizontal Arc. Without stopping Casys slashed from left to right and then visa versa, destroying both boars and gaining 50 EXP.

*Half an hour later*

Casys strolled back into town, a new sword skill in his menu and a smile on his face. He'd gotten enough EXP to level up to level 2 from the mini boss, and on top of it he'd gotten the Vertical Arc skill.

Jag nodded as he accepted her friend request. "So Lexi what would you like to do?" He asked. As he saw some more wolves coming their way. He took out his blade and readied himself.

Lexi grinned upon seeing the wolves. "How about kicking the wolf population down a bit?" she asked, a joking note in her voice, as she threw her trident javelin-style at one of the wolves.

Ashei put on his fancy new headset. He answered a few questions to make his profile, and then entered the new world. Here he was known as Astral_Avenger.
He now dawned blue and black plate armor, that was able to break away to reveal a Shinobi, to suit his diffrent fighting style.
He spawned in the middle of a pack of wolves, which was odd. Astral_Avenger drew his Broad sword and dashed towards one of the beasts.

Rita began grinding on wolves and boars in the fields "wow this is easier then I thought" Rita said as she began to cut up more wolves and boars until she had gained 500 col, Rita then ran back to the town and into the weapons shop where she found the shop keeper NPC, Rita then bought a rapier from the shop keeper, Rita walked out of the store and opened her menu to equip her new blade before drawing it to admire it "that's more like it" Rita said as she began to swing it around

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"3...2...1...pull!"

Taylor, or rather Rose as she had to remind herself, fired an arrow right between the eyes of a charging boar. It fell to the ground dead in an instant. Rose let out a grin. She'd been grinding for so long that now she truly felt she got the hang of the combat mechanics.

This is defiantly an experience unlike any other. Still I have to know how the food and drinks here are...

Rose put her bow away as she went into town to exchange some skins for cash before she would head into a bar.

After a couple hours of battles and doing small team quests, Lexi sat against a wall in the Town of Beginnings. She had split up with Jag for the time being, but had told him that she'd gladly form a party again whenever. Lexi was going through her inventory, seeing what drops and such she had obtained, when an icon flashed in the top right corner. She selected it and a message appeared in front of her.

Greetings, player. We have encountered an unexpected occurrence in both the NerveGear helmets and the Sword Art Online system. Players cannot log out, and if they die in-game, the NerveGear will send a fatal signal into their brain in the real world. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this, as doing so would require removing the NerveGear, thus killing the wearer. Your best hope to get out of Sword Art Online would be to try and beat the game. Good luck, and stay safe!

Lexi inhaled sharply. She got up shakily. Her cousin had been one of SAO's victims in Japan, back when Lexi was just entering first grade. Her parents' voices echoed in her head as she prepared a message for Jag and Casys.

Meet me in the Town of Beginnings, at the restaurant on Main.

Level grinding wasn't specifically hard. Michael, or Dapper_Cat, preferred the term tedious. It was just long. By the time he'd made it to the mini-boss, the Dire Wolf, he was level 2. Apparently the quest allowed you to pick one item of the player's choice. It could either be a weapon or an armor piece. The quest allowed the player to choose the armor, armor type, and allowed them to pick through a variety of styles dependent on the armor type, Heavy, Medium, or Light. Dapper_Cat moved the thought to the back of his head as the Dire Wolf charged at him.

The mini-boss began with opening it's jaws and snapping at the player. However, Dapper_Cat managed to leap over it and slam his staff down onto the beast's head, which sent it tumbling into the ground. It quickly recovered and tried attacking Dapper_Cat from the side. A quick series of jabs tot he legs sent the beast to the ground. He raised his staff and brought it down on the Dire Wolf's head, and the beast erupted into blue shards. He looked at the drops, but he noticed a message in the corner of his vision. This caused him to raise an eye in confusion.

After reading the message, Michael was hardly surprised, honestly. He'd read it on his way back to the Town of Beginnings. "I shouldn't have risked it." He muttered. But, there was no helping the past. He closed his menu and walked into the nearest quest area, the restaurant on Main, to turn in the quests. He browsed through the options for light armors, undecided as to what style he wanted to go with. He could practically feel the other player sin the restaurant staring at him. It was as if he were unaware of what had just occurred.

Casys was sitting in a tavern, happily drinking some non-alcoholic version of mead, when he got the message. Casys calmly downed the rest of his drink, stood up, and screamed, "RIOT!" People everywhere were already freaking out, and it was honestly hilarious to see them panic even more when he said that.

Casys opened his menu to see a message from Lexi. Meet me in the Town of Beginnings, at the restaurant on Main. "I guess I'm going to the restaurant on Main," Casys said to himself, sprinting to Main. Casys arrived at the restaurant, aptly named "Restaurant", and went inside to see people all sitting in a kind of quiet fear. "Who died?" Casys joked, knowing that sadly "at least a couple people" was the answer to that rhetorical question.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
This isn't happening....this isn't happening...THIS ISN'T HAPPENING!

Rose was in a panic. Once she had received that message, she had been unsettled as stories of deaths caused by SAO in Japan Now what had been just a chilling story had become a frighting reality for her.

Damn it what do I do? Why did I try this game? Why did I risk it? I can't die here, I have to much to live for, I'm not ready to go! I need help, I need that girl! She looked like she has a good head on her shoulders. I just...I can't do this alone...

With no other plan, Rose dashed through trying to find the girl Rita. With the hope that she could help her somehow.

Last edited:
"Yeah, let's hope," Casys said, suddenly not quite as arrogant as when he first walked into Restaurant. Casys pulled up his menu and equipped his weapon, a straight sword with an icy blue tinge along a steel blade. "We're gonna need to party up again, given the circumstances-" Casys said this as he sent Lexi a party request, "-People are gonna be swarming the inns and shops so we should get a room somewhere and recooperate once Jag gets here."

Michael finally selected a style he preferred, a cloak. The coat itself was simply black, and fit over his beginner's gear. However, it did add extra protection and he liked the look of it. After making sure his staff was in place, Dapper_Cat turned and made his way out of Restaurant. "Seriously, who names a restaurant Restaurant? It had to be the most simplistic name out there. But, I guess with one hundred floors the developers would have a tough time naming all the shops and the like..." He murmured, walking the streets, not really paying attention to his surroundings.

"That's true... I saw a pretty big inn right by the teleport marker," Lexi offered, accepting the request. "Think that might be a good place to stay at?"

"Link, Start!"
And with those two words, the world of Anicrad began to materialise around Richard Whitman. He took one step into the world, and Richard Whitman became SMRPG64. He looked at himself, his dark-green starter armour and two hunting knives were ready. It was time, he ran out of the town of beginnings into the fields, ready to catch his first kill

===================================================================================================

The Boar squealed and charged, but Richard dodged and stabbed one of his knives into the back of the boar's head, causing it to explode into blue shards. He noticed that he got a new message, so he opened it and read it

Greetings, player. We have encountered an unexpected occurrence in both the NerveGear helmets and the Sword Art Online system. Players cannot log out, and if they die in-game, the NerveGear will send a fatal signal into their brain in the real world. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this, as doing so would require removing the NerveGear, thus killing the wearer. Your best hope to get out of Sword Art Online would be to try and beat the game. Good luck, and stay safe!

Richard's eyes began to widen as he read.
"Nonoonononononononoonoononoonooo," he muttered, "this can't be real, this can't be! They must have fixed it! There's no way!"
He tried to calm down, but ended up running through the field screaming his head off, and gaining the attention of literally all of the boars. Richard turned around, took one look, and just ran back to the town of beginnings

Dapper_Cat found his way out of the town of beginnings with his new cloak equipped. He was currently level 5, after all that grinding and all the quests he turned in. Most people probably had friends that they teamed up with. He'd talked to two people since he arrived in-game, so he wasn't familiar with anyone in the slightest. But, that was fine for him. Dapper_Cat could be a team player or a lone wolf, wherever the chips fell. If someone wanted to party up with him, he probably wouldn't decline them, but he wasn't going to go out of his way to look for party members, either. Dapper_Cat left the Safe Zone known as the Town of Beginnings and headed into the field. If he was going to help everyone else get out of the game, he was going to need to build up his levels.

Jag walked into the restaurant and saw the two people. His now slightly over weight appearance. " Hey you both." he said as he looked at his team members names. "Nice to meet you both." he said.