• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sword Art Online: A New Disaster(RP)

Casys pulled away from Lexi, standing up and out stretching his hand to her. "You won't end up like your cousin. You're strong. And you're also not the only one who bought the murder game like an idiot. So what do you say? Wanna be idiots...together?" We can beat this. Lexi's strong-willed, I'm skilled, and Jag is...decent. The three of us can win.

Lexi took a deep breath, then let it out as a laugh. She took Casys's hand and got up. "Yeah," she said, giving him a smile. Lexi then noticed the victory message still hanging in the air. She pointed to it. "Hey, you beat it, so you're the one that should get the rewards."

"Huh?" Casys said, having conpletely forgotten about the boss. "Oh, yeah I'd forgotten." He walked over to the message and tapped it. A screen popped up that showed his rewards.

Cloak of Minor Frost

Sword Skill - Uppercut

Exp. 45

Casys opened his inventory to find the Cloak. He put it on and felt a slight chill, though that subsided quickly. Reading the item description aloud he said, "Cloak of Minor Frost. Deal an additional 1% Frost Damage with every One-Handed Sword attack." Looking down, Casys saw that the Cloak was a pale light blue color, with a steel breastplate similar to the beginner one in between a white undershirt.

Koop glanced over at Dapper_Cat and nodded. He turned to the wolf that lunged at I'm again and did a uppercut spin attack. "Twister Slash!" He said as the wolf was thrown into the air and dissipated. He noticed that Rose was having a bit of trouble. "I've got you!" He shouted as he threw his spear at the wolf attacking Rose and pinned it to the ground. "Attack Now!" He shouted.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose gave a nod, pulling back an arrow to shoot at the wolf which dissipated. Rose turned to Koop with a thumbs up.

"Thanks!" Rose said before she focused on another wolf and fired an arrow at that. Rose then grabbed the spear and threw it next to Koop in the event he wanted to use it again.

Koop caught the spear and did a backflip onto a wolf behind him and used it as a boost to jump above the Dire Wolf. He then swung his spear over head and slashed the side of the dire wolf who then turned towards Koop and tried to strike him with his paw. Koop manage to dodge the strike with a slight scratch on one of his arm.

Lexi sighed. "I'll beat it eventually," she said, both to Casys and herself. Guess I've got some grinding to do, then I'll beat that stupid dog's ass! "Anyway, I got some meat and found these weird eggs, so we should be able to have a decent breakfast tomorrow. Maybe even pancakes if I can get flour and milk."

Violet heard about the situation of sword art online. The same thing that happened in Japan.
"Looks like I will be joining the fun." Violet said quietly as she ordered a nervegear. A few days later it arrived in the mail, the mailman gave her a puzzled look when she eagerly took the nevegear.
"Thanks, bye." She set up her avatar, short silver hair, pale skin, violet eyes, tall, skinny.
"User name... hmmm. Vokami." She then chose her color scheme, blue and black, along with a dagger with a black blade and blue hilt.
"Link. Start." The world fell into place and she unsheathed her dagger and practiced her skill on a nearby wolf.

"Aspire to beat master level cook do you?" Casys joked. He looked at the clock in his menu to see that it was nearing 3 am. "We'd better get back to the Seven Does. It's getting late, or rather later." Casys sheathed his Sword and began walking, smiling inwardly.

Lexi nodded and followed. "Master chef sounds good to me, and it probably sounds alright to you, since you'll be the one eating what I cook," she joked.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose turned her attention to the Dire Wolf as she loaded three arrows into her bow. Taking aim she fired the bows which pelted the Dire Wolf on its left side and left back leg.

Don't give it a chance to fight back. Just overwhelm it and we win!

Violet was getting tired so she headed to a nearby inn.
"One room please." She told the NPC women.
"Here is your room key, I hope you enjoy your stay!" She said happily. Violet headed to her room for the night.

Seeing the opening Rose had created, Dapper_Cat used his staff and slammed it into the Dire Wolf's left hind leg, making it crumble to the ground. Another quick slam to the head of the mini-boss finished it off, and it shattered in small, greenish shards. That was the second time he managed to beat it. Of course, the quest was non-repeatable, so Dapper_Cat wouldn't get any quest rewards. The only reason he was even able to fight it was because his party members could and had the quest.
"Boss is dead! What're it's lackeys looking like right now?"

Koop stood still as the mini-boss was defeated and he received the rewards for both his killing wolf quest. "Looking good, I leveled up to level 7 and I'm already a quarter of the way to level 8." He said before looking at the loot he got from the quest. "A Frenzy Bull Leather Jacket, gives 32 defence and plus 2% attack damage." He said reading the stats. "Nice." He said quietly while putting it on.

Last edited:

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose received a prompt of her own reward. She had leveled up to nearly Level 7 and recieved the item "The Cape of Courage" which gave about a 20 defense increase and raised her evasiveness. Rose grinned as she put the cape on, finding it stylish on top of being handy.

Good, if I keep this up I won't have anything to fear. We make a good team, we can help each other survive this digital hell.

"I think those are all the quests," Dapper_Cat reported, He checked through his quest list to confirm. "Unless you guys have some I don't, we should be done. The next town shouldn't be too far. Are you two ready?" He inquired, looking to his two party members. Admittedly, he was glad he was with these two. So far, they were easy to get along with, and they weren't bad fighters. They made a good team. They just might survive this death game.

Three months later...

Lexi set a plate down in front of Casys. It had something that resembled a meatloaf made with fish and things that tasted decent with fish on it. "So today's the day everyone that feels like risking their necks to beat bosses meets up in the plaza to strategize or somethin', huh?" she said to him. It'd been three months since SAO's horrific release. Lexi had finally defeated the Dire Wolf, and she had received an item named the "Scarf of the Wind," which boosted her agility and speed, and a trident-specific Sword Skill called "Triple-Pronged Blizzard". This skill basically caused Lexi's trident to glow a pale turquoise and jab faster than the naked eye could see, dealing exceptional damage. She was at Level nine now. "I'm assuming we're gonna go, too?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dapper_Cat sent the message to Rose and Koop. It read:
"There's supposed to be a meeting in the plaza today. Apparently, everyone finally decided to take action after three months. I'm going to be there. Shouldn't be hard to spot me. Meet you there. ~Dapper_Cat"

Dapper_Cat sat against on one of the seats in the plaza. Three whole months and they hadn't even cleared the first floor yet. According to reports from Japan, it had taken them two months to do it. Even still, either way, that's way too long a time. Finally, they were going to tackle the first-floor boss.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose received a message from Dapper_Cat and went over to the plaza. Rose felt this was good, as a group meeting might mean recruitment of more people to help clear more challenging sections to the game. She arrived and saw Dapper_Cat, going over to sit next to him.

"Got your message." Rose said with a smile as she waited for Koop and others to arrive.

Casys chewed his fishloaf thoughtfully, wiping some crumbs off of his white leather gloves. "Yeah, we can go to the meeting." Casys said eventually. "We're both a high enough level to most likely survive the first boss." The boy shifted in his seat, opening his inventory and examining his items.
Head: N/A
Torso: Steel Chestplate
Overcoat: Cloak of Minor Frost
Hands/Arms: White Gloves

Right Hand: Reinforced Steel Long Sword
Left Hand: N/A

Last edited:
"Yeah me too." A voice said from behind Rose and Dapper_Cat. It was Koop who was leaning against the seat they were sitting on. "Seem we're finally going to do something huh." He said.

Lexi looked in her own inventory. "I have some teleport crystals and heal crystals in case things get hairy, do you need any?" she offered. Lexi couldn't help fantasizing what the next floor would be like. Hopefully it's a forest, I'm getting pretty damn homesick!

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Hopefully." Rose said to Koop behind them. Rose could only hope that whatever this meeting was would help in their cause. Still she had no way of knowing what exactly this meeting would be about. So she would sit and wait until it began.

Koop looked at Rose. "Oh yeah I made this for you." He said before opening his menu. "Its a Wolf Hide tunic, I made it with the wolf hide that I got three months ago during that dire wolf quest." He said. "It gives 5% more speed and your an archer so I thought it would probably help." He said.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Oh thanks! That is gonna be really handy for me." Rose said to Keep with a smile, as she opened her own menu and a link between herself and Koop to receive the item.

Casys checked his own inventory to see if he needed crystals. He saw that he had a few healing crystals but no teleport ones. "Can I have a teleport crystal, please?" Casys asked as he stood up and stretched. The boy drew his Long Sword and gave it a few swings before sheathing it, sliding it into the icy blue scabbard on his hip. "We should get going, not make the others wait too long."

"Yep, here you go," Lexi said, handing him the blue crystal. "Let's go maybe kill a boss!"

When the duo got to the plaza, a man with long pale blond hair was standing in the middle. Lexi noticed that quite a few people had shown up, which could mean one of two things: a quick victory, or many casualties. She sat near a group three and looked at the blond man. He seemed to be surveying the area, a satisfied look on his face. "Alright, I think we can start now," he said to get everyone's attention. "My name's Leon, and I'll be leading this boss fight. I've done a head count, and we have around twenty-five people here. If you'll open your floor-1 manuals, you'll see that the boss surrounds itself with minions. We'll be dividing into five groups of five. Two will fend off the goons, and three will attack the boss."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Cosmic nodded at the man. He was a member since the start of the release, and had been in a party with him a couple of times.

Cosmic was a 'free lance.' He isn't in a guild, but he has many people on his friends list. This is because he's been in multiple parties. Since the release, he didn't go straight to the field. Instead, he stayed at the Town of Beginnings and practiced getting the hang of the combat mechanics. The first couple of days, he was below most people's levels. He quickly made up for it by grinding at night. By the first day, Cosmic was more skilled than others.
Word of his skills got out, and many people put him in their parties. Cosmic's first Mini-Boss, he went with 4 other people, one person was the strategist, and he was the blonde male in front of him. Cosmic trusted him, among other people. He wasn't scared when he saw that the same incident in Japan is happening. He already knew this would happen, which is exactly why he joined. He didn't know because of others, he simply had a feeling. Which proved to be correct. Cosmic stayed among the crowd, in his black cape and armor. "I hope I get put into the boss groups." he thought. He noticed other people with similar armor, from the Dire Wolf, he guessed. He only hoped, that they would be able to take the first Dungeon Boss out, with 25 about level 10 people.

Violet had steered clear of any attention for the past few months she had been playing, she was on her way to the plaza, apparently there was some kind of meeting taking place. She had grow in skill, and items, instead of the crappy beginner armor and weapons she now had a steel breastplate and an ebon dagger.
"Just avoid people and we will be fine." Violet told herself quietly.

"Didn't get a head count, but there's a decent amount of people here." Dapper_Cat said to the others, before Leon had started talking. When he did, Dapper_Cat listened attentively. Around twenty-five people. That seemed fair enough. As long as they didn't use WoW strategies like "group up and hit it 'til it dies," they should be able to pull it off. Dapper_Cat opened his floor one manual.

Violet listened for a couple minuted then zoned out and started noticing that people with friends had it tough, if they died, then their friend would have the blood guilt for the rest of their lives.
"Good thing I am alone." She thought to herself as she pulled her black and blue jacket over her shoulders.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose gave a nod as she listened to the man named Leon speak. His plan sounded reasonable Rose thought to herself as she opened up her floor one menu as instructed.

Koop opened his floor one manual like Leon said and read up on the boss. "lllfang the Kobold Lord, has sentinels with him in his boss room." He said quietly. "Seems challenging." He added with a smile.

Last edited:
Lexi looked over to the other group, who seemed to be reading their manuals. "Hey, Casys," she said, "Why don't we party up with them for the boss fight, they seem to know what they're doing."

Casys looked at the three players that Lexi was referring to. "Yeah, we can party with them. They seem to be able to andle themselves well, given their gear. And three plus two equals five, so we'll be set on terms of a full party." Casys walked over with a grin, out stretching his hand to Dapper_Cat. "My friend-" Casys gestured to Lexi "-and I were wondering if you'd like to party up with us for the boss raid. I'm Casys by the way."

Last edited:
Dapper_Cat looked up from his party members, his friends, as he started to call them - after everything they'd been through in the last three months? If they weren't his friends, then he had no idea what the hell a friend was - and to another player who wanted to party up with them. Dapper_Cat stood up. After the first few days, he noticed he was regaining his usual height. He looked to his party members before shaking Casys's hand. "I don't mind it. What do you guys think?" Dapper_Cat asked, looking to Rose and Koop.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Rose gave a smile.

"I think it's a good idea. The more the merrier and this way we get a party of five." Rose said, giving her support to the idea of joining with the newcomer pair into a party.

Lexi grinned. She accepted the party invite. "I'm Lexi," she said, pointing somewhere above her shoulder, where her health bar and username would presumably be, "Y'know, in case you couldn't tell. So, are we gonna take on the minions or the boss?"

Looking around the plaza, Will noticed other players gather into groups, the remaining ones like him mostly looking for others. He had since the start of the game, grinded hard in an attempt to keep up with the other players, not that it was too hard. Not many players really wanted to be on the front lines, especially the inexperienced.

He didn't exactly know how the boss fight was going to go, he hoped the range of his foes wasn't too long as his hunting knives didn't have the longest range, something they traded off for speed and damage. The cloak he gained from the Dire Wolf gave him an immense speed boost, at the cost of not having much defense, he doubted he'd survive too many hits from the boss or its minions.

Koop smiled. "Hopefully the boss, the one who gets the killing blow on the boss will get a special item that is supposed to be pretty cool." He said. "My name's Koop by the way."