• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

SOMETHING I've always wanted to know.... >_0

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

• left-handed

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • right-handed

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • ambidextrous ya wai =D

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Are you left-handed or right-handed, and how does it affect you in day to day activities?

As far as holding the pencil goes, I'm left-handed. My writing is atrocious, but it gets even worse if I use my right. And I cannot absolutely draw anything with my right hand. Well, I can draw a rotten fruit of some sort, but you get the idea.

Oddly enough though, when writing on a vertical surface, such as a blackboard, I find that I am more comfortable with my right hand. That still doesn't make me ambidextrous since I still draw crap with my right hand on a vertically placed surface.

How else does this affect me...well, when I play fighting games at arcades, I always go for the player 1 seat. My combos and movements are completely trashed if my fighter is on the right facing left. The same problem arises when if I use a game controller that requires analog control.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Right handed. I write and draw with my right hand and even though I'd say my writing isn't wonderful, it's far better than the squiggles my left hand can manage only with extreme concentration. However, in sports I tend to favor my left. For whatever reason, my left hand is stronger than my right and can swing a bat/racket pretty darn hard XD

I haven't even tried drawing with my left hand, as I can safely assume the results would be similar to your right hand, RX, if not worse...

When I used to snowboard I was left-foot forward too. My balance just seemed better that way.

I've been asked a couple of times during meal-times whether I'm left handed, because apparently I hold my knife and fork as if I was left handed... not sure about this one, but meh :p

My dad is ambidextrous

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I've been ambidextrous since I broke my right wrist while learning how to write - although I've got increasingly right-handed since. I use my right hand for most things, like writing, holding my tablet pen (which is the equivalent to my mouse, for those who don't know), and stuff like that - but I have better aim and strength with my left hand, so I can catch and throw better with that. So yeah, woo being odd. :)

Left handed ^^

I write and draw with my left hand, and the writing comes out sloppy XD Also, if I tried drawing/writing with my other hand, the result would be so bad, you probably won't be able tell what it is XD

I do tend to use my right hand for holding a golf club. I hit righty with a golf club. The rest of my family is righty XD

It's called right handed for a reason, amirite?!?.

(Yes, I am correctly handed).
LOL XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You lefty-freaks >=O

Kidding. Seriously XD

While my mother is left-handed, all of us bio childrens ended up right-handed. If I'd been asked this back in the day how it affected my life I probably could've given a better answer. I'm certainly not ambidextrous, but I've always had a tendency to hold a hockey stick the opposite direction from most right-handed people. Pretty sure it's the only sport I did that with... just felt more comfortable.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I voted ambidextrous because I use both hands, but for different tasks.

I type this message now with my left hand only because my right hand is slow and only gets in the way.

However, when I write stuff down with a pen(cil) and paper I use my right hand because my left would produce writing worse than my 3yr old cousin. I also throw with my right hand as well, though sometimes I'll throw with my left just for the challenge or to confuse someone.

Eating is probably where I am purely ambidextrous because I can use either hand at any time.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm somewhere between right-handed and ambidextrous. I tend to use my right hand for writing or anything else that requires precision, such as using a pair of scissors, but when carrying something I tend to use my left hand. I also had a tendency to only use my left hand when using a knife when I was young - I can now use a knife with either hand when eating. Yup, I'm weird like that.

Totally right handed in nearly every way. It's the hand I eat and write with and despite the fact that the most important vowels are on the left side of the keyboard, my right hand is doing the most typing and moving around on the keyboard.

Oddly enough, when I tried my hand at Lacrosse, I found I was more comfortable holding the racket in my left hand...which isn't really saying much because I still sucked at Lacrosse all around XD Otherwise, pretty much the only other things I do with my left hand are things that don't require much conscious thought, i.e. using the Wiimote's nunchuck.

Lets see... writing, sports, right handed. The rest I can do with either, but I'd expect anyone could do things like eating with both hands... common sense, right?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I am completely right-handed, except for when I type, for which I primarily use my left hand. It's very odd - I use my lleft hand for everything up to the "yhn" column, then after that, I use my right.

[size=7pt]Also, this thread is just asking for a masturbation joke from the likes of El or Nem. :p[/size]

I am right handed also. As a matter of fact, I pretty much favor my right side for just about everything, from sports to writing to playing video games. It was a huge deal when I was playing soccer for when I tried to kick with my left foot and failed sooo horribly to use any type of strength. XD

I'm ambidextrous and I use both of my hands in everything I do.

I can write with both hands even though my writing is trashy along with drawing. I usually eat my dinner with my right hand while I eat my breakfast with my left for some reason. In my martial arts, I favor in using two blades over one, naturally, I use both my hands, xD.

But in certain areas, one of my hands are better suited for then the others. Like I use my left more often to open my locker/doors/windows/bottles/cans. Then I use my right to lift items and rip stuff open.

But in the end, I'm ambidextrous and kinda proud of it , cause I'm the only kid my family that is ambidextrous. ^^;

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I tend to hold my pencil with my right hand, so I guess I'm right-handed. XD

I can write kind of well with my left hand, though, because once I twisted my wrist badly and couldn't write with my right hand for about a month. Though personally I feel more comfortable writing with my right hand, and my left hand's handwriting is pretty bad compared to my right hand's (though I'm a sloppy handwriter by nature, I tend to slow down when I'm writing with my right hand).

Though I find that my left hand is stronger, as in it can lift heavier objects than my right hand. I also tend to hold things that are taller than they are wide, if that makes any sense at all, whereas my left hand holds the other things.

I also play tennis with my right hand and I'm more comfortable with my forehand swing, though my backhand swing (with my left hand) is definetly more powerful.

Both of my hands are just as, I guess you can say, agile. Because on the piano, right hand usually gets all the hard things, but on the viola, the left hand gets all the excercise. But due to me playing the viola, my left hand's fingers can stretch farther than my right hand's fingers. No matter how much I stretch my right hand, my left hand can always stretch more. It's funny. XD

I'm right handed.

As much as I wish I was ambidextrous, I am not. I tried to take notes left handed one time in American Studies because I was bored, and the results were shit. I cannot do much with my left hand :T

When it comes to my legs I'm pretty much ambidextrous though :D

Omg, for me my whole left side is pretty much worthless. I'm completely right handed, I do everything right with my right hand/ leg. I mean, I write and draw incredibly with my right had, but when I try to write with my left hand I can't even make a straight line. It's sad. (Stupid diagonal lines!)

I wish I could be ambidextrious, then my whole life would be a little easier, so when my fingers cramp from writing so much I can just switch hands. Sadly, that is not possible for me. In fact, the only thing my left hand seems to be good for is eating and holding paper still while I draw/write with my right hand, and my left leg is just good for kicking and making sure I don't fall over whilst walking. :p

I'm an all-around righty. I can right with my left hand (as I did as a baby, BUT my christian-schooled grandmother made me do otherwise) but it's even sloppier. Thanks grandma! Now I have the worst hand-writing in my class. The only thing i do with my left side is kick a scooter the get it going.