• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Solgaleo and Lunala Revealed, Plus Much More Sun and Moon Info!

It's a fucking FLOWER, NOT A CHICKEN HAT. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE.
Had to get that out my system. Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see more about the RotoDex (as I'm calling it).

No! I love the hat! The boy trainer doesn't really look cool in the gameplay footage. I also hope they introduce fusions with your starter Pokemon.

Am I the only one who thought those were a few of the existing regions before reading?
  • I thought that top-right was Hoenn (volcano/Mt. Chimney, southern port city/Slateport City, nearby ocean structure/Battle Frontier).
  • Bottom-right Sinnoh (tall, central mountain/Mt. Coronet).
  • Top-left Johto and Kanto (southeastern volcano/Cinnabar Island, large urban center in the west/Goldenrod City, mountain in center/Mt. Silver).
The bottom-left isn't like any existing region, but still.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'm hoping Solgaleo will amount to more than just a lion-shaped Metagross. I love how he looks, but Psychic/Steel + Full Metal Body is just a Metagross clone except with stats similar to Mega Metagross I'd imagine. Also the fact that despite his Sun theme, he's not only not a Fire-type but is also weak to it is not lost on me.

Lunala I was very much hoping would be Dark/Fairy. Otherwise it's alright, but I'm leaning much more towards Sun for that lion.

ClockWork Breezy

Formerly VaporeonPlayz
Okay so thoughts on this. First of, this entire region is so hype. Second off, no Black and White Syndrom! Yes! The Rotom is a amazing idea, and im praying for trainer customization!

I feel like if we can use the Rotom Pokedex in battle it would possibly be a Psychic/Electric type. It would most likely be accessible in the post game because it would be too O.P. in the beginning of the game.
It would most likely get Psychic because Psystrike is Mewtwo's signature move.

The reason for Psychic instead of Steel is because a Steel type Rotom would be too obvious and most electronics have steel in them.
Psychic says that the Pokemon is smart and intelligent, also Rotom Pokedex would know over 721 Pokemon.

The Alola Region looks pretty awesome. The small Island in the middle looks almost like it would be the Alola League.(Possibly Battle Frontier?)
Looks like we will see some Ice types on the Island in the Bottom right.

Look at the very top of the map....Eyes? Looks like Hoopa eyes but seems like there is a secret legendary. There could be another trademark like Eclipse or something like that. Wait that must be the Eclipse Pokemon in the sky...

Alright the Characters. Hau looks like your rival (Obviously) and possibly gets the starter weak to yours.
Lillie could get the starter strong against yours.
Professor Kukui seems like he would act pretty chill. (I have a feeling there will be fan art XD.)
Hala looks like some old dude that is the old professor of Alola.

Legendary types. Solgalio's type is Steel/Psychic, Steel was seen on its body actually if you looked close on the Box art.( I thought it would be Poison/Psychic because the sun is made out of Gases.)
Lunala has a obvious type of Ghost/Psychic. Ghost has a dark feeling like the moon but fairy would have fit too.
Their signature moves are just in all awesome looking.

The Character designs are pretty awesome. Those bracelets they have on look familiar to Mega Bracelets but they have that diamond in them. Still mysterious...
It doesn't bother me if character customization is added, I just don't really care.

QR code scanner for the Pokedex could help me finally fill it out.
Man that was a lot of theory, opinion and speculation....

I feel like if we can use the Rotom Pokedex in battle it would possibly be a Psychic/Electric type. It would most likely be accessible in the post game because it would be too O.P. in the beginning of the game.
It would most likely get Psychic because Psystrike is Mewtwo's signature move

I feel like the Rotom Pokedex won't be used in battle. It would be interesting to see it implemented for basic info during battle (like how it's used in the anime), but it doesn't seem to make much sense as an actual Pokemon to fight with.

I will fight you.

Anyway, I'm liking the new additions. Solgaleo not being a Fire type is a nice touch, and the Rotom Pokedex is adorable – although the fact that it isn't a Porygon Pokédex is criminal.
Oh, the chicken hat is terrible! I agree with the porygon pokedex, but the rotom is said to have its own personality, so it's not just a machine. I guess I'm okay with that. :)

The region is awesome, but a bit too small. There's a canyon and that's nice, it must be based on Waimea Canyon.
Solgaleo and Lunala are really cool (I prefer Solageo), and they're both psychic type! :D
Solgaleo's ability is not that useful.