1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Long, and Thanks For All The Dresses

1. Teapot

Teapot Virtual Duck Enthusiast
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Just a quick note to say that our beloved @Sem has decided to step down from his administrator position, owing to having sprouted a life and not having time for 'Charms anymore. The Pokécharms staff would like to take this opportunity to thank Sem for his hard work over the past eight years, and wish him all the best for the future. We love you, whoreface ♥

For those not in the know: Sem was on staff since 2007-ish, and was well known for his RPing and writing skillz and being THE MOST GIRLY MAN ON POKÉCHARMS... in his own words. You can find an example of one of his written works in the forums here: Without Love

(I call dibs on Sem's dress!)

#1 Teapot, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Teapot, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Shiny Lyni
      Shiny Lyni
      I, um, wow. I was not expecting this.

Thankies for all your hard work throughout the years, Sem~ Though we haven't talked much in recent years, I hope everything goes well with you. ^^ Love ya, you emo, amazing writer for a daddy~
    2. Satoren
      Satoren
      You're one of the many people who made the time I spent here in 'Charms a happy one. Thank you for the memories, waifu; and I wish you every happiness in this new chapter of your life! I'll be sure to save the wedding dress if Petea plans on acquiring your wardrobe-brick'd-
      Shiny Lyni likes this.
    3. tonibytes
      tonibytes
      Wishing you nothing but the best, Sem!
      My only regret is not joining sooner to see more of your awesome.
    4. Alexxander
      Alexxander
      While I never knew him or met him on Pokecharms I'd still like to thank him for the years of effort he put in.

I'm just wondering, will Sem's departure cause a change in the staff (e.g. moderators being promoted)?
    5. Teapot
      Teapot
      @Alexxander No, there will be no other staff changes or vacancies :)
      Shocari likes this.
    6. Brendan Savem
      Brendan Savem
      It's been great knowing you Sem-san. I'll certainly miss having you around, and I'm sure everyone else will. If you ever find time, come back for a spell and tell us what having a life is like.
    7. Flower8640
      Flower8640
      I haven't even heard of the lad but I miss him, oddly. :?
    8. Shocari
      Shocari
      Fare thee well, 'O Mistress of the Night. May Amy Lee watch over you and sing the song of your life.
      baratron, Linkachu and Shiny Lyni like this.
    9. Green Dragon
      Green Dragon
      Bye bye, "Last of the Snowmen!" Seriously though, I'm going to miss reading his awesomeness that is SHTORIESH.
    10. Carmen Lopez
      Carmen Lopez
      It's was nice having you on the site and as Shiny said, we appreciate the work you put in. Loved reading your writing as well. ♥ You were always willing to lend a listening ear in chat and you can color me grateful for it. Even with your busy life, don't be a total stranger lol.
      Shiny Lyni and Linkachu like this.
    11. Magpie
      Magpie
      Semmy Sem ;____________;

Fare well Semmy, I shall miss you completely and 'Charms will miss you even more. Thanks for all your hard work and best of luck in all that you do ♥
      Linkachu likes this.
    12. Linkachu
      Linkachu
      There shall be no goodbyes from me, for this is certainly not goodbye. There shall instead be a moment of silence to remember the good times and all that you've done for the website and community as a whole. And while everyone has closed their eyes and bowed their heads in silence, I'll be swiping all the pizza and fleeing through the back door. It's only proper. ♥

While I saw this coming quite awhile ago, it's been a great ride, @Sem. I always appreciated your assistance and insights on website manners, your fictional stories, our various conversations (everything from the insult spamming to the deep, philosophical rambles), and just seeing you about in general. You're a great friend, were an excellent co-worker, and I wish you all the best in everything that you do. I'm sad to finally see you step down from the staff but regardless of where life takes you, or however long you've been away, you'll always have a haunt and a home here. Love ya, Sem. Never stop being a hoeface~
    13. Atma
      Atma
      We'll all miss you Sem! Even though we haven't spoke in such a long time, I wish you all the best and hope your life is everything you could wish for.
    14. Sy Kage
      Sy Kage
      Let us have a moment of silence for Sem, the Last of the Snowmen.
      May his journey somewhere away from 'Charms be a good one. We will always remember.

#NeverForget
    15. Teapot
      Teapot
      In honour of Sem, I wish to make an important announcement that all should read:

You just lost the game.

-fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees-
    16. voidaquariums
      voidaquariums
      So... no moar snowman? *sob*
    17. Linkachu
      Linkachu

Why did I have to click that? You terrible, horrible monster. </3
    18. Skyy-chan
      Skyy-chan
      Goodbye Sem! I hope you the best luck and regards away from Pokecharms! (Unless, of course, you still stay.) I hopefully will draw something for you and your departure!

(P.S. My womanly-ness has been offended XD)
    19. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      Huh? What game?
    20. Shiny Lyni
    21. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      this game? As in the song from no game no life? *troll mode ON!!!*
      Burgundy likes this.
    22. Teapot
      Teapot
      I linked an explanation in the spoiler itself. Troll mode off, thank you :p
      Shiny Lyni likes this.
    23. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      Hehehehehe........

Sillyness aside,I never had the chance to interact with Sem,but he helped build this community. All I can say is farewell.
      Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    24. Secad MS
      Secad MS
      Golly, time flies. I hope this new chapter of your life goes absolutely swimmingly. I know I've never interacted much with Sem, but he definitely was a cornerstone of the community for a long time. Don't let life eat your Pokemon time, dude.