• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League Tounament

While at the dinner table,charles showed disgusthat expressions "you see charles,I invited you here to congratulate you for making it this far" Cristian gave a nod "but I hope to be able to battle you" Charles took a piece of food in his mouth "and I hope to win against you" eventually they finished the food and charles left quickly "I'll beat you one day"

Landon walked back to the hotel after once again rotating the Pokemon he would use, "Well I wonder how everyone else is doing in their matches?" Landon asked himself as he continued walking, "I guess I could do some training while I wait."

Charles quickly ran up to landon "hey its you! The landon guy!" He walks up to him "I just got done talking my brother" he said,but landon could see very clearly his fist tightening

Yannick closed his laptop and looked at the TV in front of him. "Seems like winning this tournament will be a lot harder than expected." he said to himself. He left his hotel room and went to the arena. After he arrived Yannick looked at the big screen. "Looks like I'm up next. Well that is a surprise. I didn't find any data on someone called Eric." he wondered while walking through the tunnel that leads to the battlefield. "Next up ladies and gentlemen, we have Yannick from Mossdeep City Hoenn versus Eric from Pallet Town Kanto! Please pick your first Pokemon you two!" the announcer shouted into his mic. "Go Honchkrow!" Yannick threw the black and white pokeball that contains Honchkrow. "Lucky for me! Go Luxray! Use Thunderbolt" Eric said with a smile on his face. "Sucker Punch and follow up with Superpower!" Yannick instructed the counterattack. Luxray was knocked back but managed to hit Honchkrow with a small shock. "That is some speed your bird got there. It would be a shame if it would get slowed down. Use Thunderwave Luxray!" Eric said with his finger pointed at Honchkrow. "You are pretty clever avoiding Sucker Punch by not using a damaging move. But Honchkrow won't go down that easy! Superpower one more time!" Yannick said calm. Luxray was surprised and knocked out but Honchkrow was still paralyzed. "Luxray is unable to battle Honchkrow wins!" the announcer said. "Return. Go Weavile! Use the Quickattack into Ice Punch Combo!" Eric shouted with anger in his voice. "Honchkrow use Brave Bird!" Yannick replied but Honchkrow moved too slow thanks to the effects of Luxrays Thunderwave. "What a misscalculation. Sorry Honchkrow." Yannick said with lowered voice. "Honchkrow is unable to battle Weavile wins!" The announcer yelled. "Honchkrow well done get some rest. Sceptile it's up to you buddy!" Sceptile unleashed a loud battlecry as it entered the field. "A grass type? You have to be kidding! Weavile repeat the combo!" Eric ordered with confidence. "X-Scissor!" was the only word Yannick said and Sceptile smashed Weavile into the ground. The crowd and Eric got silenced by the sound of the impact. "Weavile is unable to battle Sceptile wins!" The announcer said with a less enthusiastic voice. "How? This was way too fast. Weavile return. Go Snorlax!" Eric said and you could still hear the shock in his voice. "Leaf Blade then Dragon Claw!" Sceptile rushed up to Snorlax and started attacking. "Bodyslam into Earthquake!" Eric seemed like he regained his cool and fighting spirit. "Sceptile jump onto Snorlax to dodge and then Leaf Blade barrage!" Yannick said and Sceptile reacted almost before he finished. "Roll around and shake it off then Headbutt!" Eric started to get desperate. "Your Snorlax sure is bulky but I will end this now. Leaf Blade!" Yannick pointed his thumb down and Sceptile ended the battle. "Snorlax is unable to battle Sceptile wins! Yannick advances to the next round!" The announcer shouted. Yannick and Eric both returned their Pokemon. "Good game Eric" Yannick said before he left.

"Yeah that's me, you're..." Landon started think as he snapped his fingers, "Carl, Kane, Charles... yeah Charles, sorry I'm usually better with names." Landon had seen his battles and knew that Charles was a strong trainer, "So what do I owe the pleasure?" Landon asked curiously. Landon heard someone calling him, he turned and saw Lyra running towards him with Zippy in hand, "Hey Landon, good job in you match," Lyra said as she handed him his Togedemaru, she turned and saw Charles standing next to Landon, "Oh, hi I'm Lyra, and you are?"

"My name is charles" he held out his hand "I'm competing in the league and I'm hoping to win,along with there being one person I ABSOLUTELY need to win against,my brother" he looks around with a smile on his face "so,when do you think we will all face eachother?"

"And another thing! After seven whole years, letters are not an acceptable form of communication! Seriously, would it have killed you to pick up a phone or send a video message or something?" Nina wasn't listening to Lisa's rant anymore, as she was too busy getting her forehead acquainted with the café table. Repeatedly. "I said I was sorry, didn't I? And I DID visit Snowpoint you know. Multiple times! It's not my fault you were never there. You never even told me you had started your journey!" Lisa looked taken aback, but remained vigilant. "Seven years, Nina! What, did you think I was going to wait around for you to come home all that time?" Lisa took a minute to settle down, and gave Nina a small smile. "With all of that said though, it's good to finally see you again. You used to be so introverted, but now you've changed so much. I guess that's why you went abroad in the first place, right?" Nina thought it over for a moment. Lisa wasn't wrong. When Nina left for her journey, she knew she needed to get far away from Snowpoint so she could find herself, and let herself develop. Ultimately, she didn't exactly regret leaving home. Who knows what she would have done if she had kept on living like...well, like before? She certainly wouldn't be the trainer, or the person, she was today. 'Still, I probably should have visited more often. It would have been nice to see Lisa off on her journey...well, now's my chance to be her sister.'

Putting her arm around Lisa, Nina tried to lighten the mood. She hated when things got to serious. "Well, come on Liz! Tell your sis about all the adventures she missed you having!" Nina smirked coyly. "I mean, you MUST have a boyfriend by now, right? Or maybe you started seeing things my way after all?" Lisa, taking the bait, playfully smacked her sister's arm away. "Ew, you wish. Some of us are actually focusing on our training, you know? Maybe if you weren't chasing skirts half the time, you wouldn't have had so much trouble in our last battle!" Nina's grin only grew wider. 'I have seven years of teasing to catch up on. Better start now.' "Oh, but dear sister, what else is the journey for?"

The battle was w append up quite quickly on Ry's end. Star was knocked out, but he finished strong with Voltage, giving him a solid win. Content, he exited the stadium only to be tackled ina full force hug.

"Ry, it's you! How have you been? Why didn't you tell me you were in the tournament," a girl with brown hair said, squeezing Ry tightly.

"June, you'll break my everything," Ry wheezed before June released her grip. Ry fell on his butt and rubbed his head. "Sorry, I forgot," he said giving a goofy grin.

She hooked his arm in her own, and dragged him off. "We have a lot of catching up to do."

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Charles," Lyra shook his hand, she looked up and saw one of the battles had just ended, "Well it looks like Nina won." Landon looked up and noticed Nina had won, Landon knew she was strong and so were all of the Second Round winners, "Well Charles it was great to see you again and I wish you luck in Round 3," Landon said as he left to go do some training. Landon ran out to the field when he heard an announcement being made to all of the trainers.

"Attention to all trainers, after the intense battles of the second round we have here the 8 trainers moving of to the Third Round!" Landon ran to the closest screen and looked at all of the match ups, Landon studied the screen until he finally saw his image appear, it was next to Charles. "So Charles, looks like you've got your work cut out for you," Lyra commented as she walked to him and tossed him his Z-Ring, "There's no holding back remember." Landon smiled as he put his Z-Ring on, he knew he couldn't afford to lose yet, "I'll give it my all and unleash a full powered attack!"

Charles looked at the screen and chuckled "just because you have z power landon,don't think this'll be easy for you" he then walked to the stadium where the battlefield is

Hearing the announcement on the television, Nina looked up to see who her opponent was. "Hey...that's the guy who took the last seat in the stadium!" Nina couldn't help but laugh at the coincidence. Of course, she had never actually talked to the guy, but still. "Alright, I can't skimp out on research now. Hey sis, got anything on this guy?" Lisa looked up at the screen, and her eyes widened in realization. "That's the guy who's been sweeping the tournament with just a Feraligatr!" Nina's jaw dropped. "What?! Just one Pokémon?" Nina shook her head. There was no way. "You have a tablet, right? Pull up a video of one of his matches." Lisa pulled up a video of Connor's round 1 match, and Nina was shocked at what she saw. "Seriously? What kind of trainer actually tries to win a tournament using only one type of Pokémon? The poor sap never stood a chance." Lisa looked confused. "But, those were all grass type Pokémon! Isn't it a bit odd that this Connor guy was able to beat three grass types using only one water type?"

"Oh, sister. So young, so naïve." Okay, that was enough teasing for now. "You said this guy used only a Feraligatr, right? If that's his battle style, then of course he'll have taught it moves to deal with its weaknesses. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it knew Earthquake to deal with electric types." Nina mulled over her options against her opponent. If he really only had one Pokémon, then it should be a simple matter of planning around the Feraligatr. 'I could always use the same strategy I used against Tristan's Garchomp, but something tells me it'll be harder to beat than a burn status. Maybe I'll use Sage again? Use the sun to weaken his water type attacks and surprise him with a Solar Beam!" "Ugh, now my head hurts. I'll think about it later." Out of the corner of her eye, Nina caught Landon and Lyra talking to another trainer. "Hey, Landon! Congrats on winning your last match!"

"Thanks Nina! And same to you" Landon called back as he left to go do some research. Landon had been studying for hours, "Find anything useful?" Lyra asked as she watched Landon going over everything again, "Says here that Charles' best Pokemon are: Infernape, Metagross, Tyranitar, Froslass, Gliscor, and Drapion," Landon replied as he turned from the computer screen. "Powerful," Lyra responded as she took a look at the Pokemon, "Yeah they all seen super strong, it would be hard to identify what three he would use, why don't you use a different Z-Crystal for your match?" Landon looked back to the screen, "I can't," he replied. Lyra fell down due to Landon's stupidity, "You say you don't have any other Z-Crystals with you?" Lyra asked in a panic, Landon nodded, "Uh... you're hopeless, I'll call Professor Rowan and ask him to sent the case." "Don't," Landon replied softly, "I need to win with the Steelium Z and Corkscrew Crash, because in the end it's the bond that me and Mizu share and it's what will take us to the top together." Lyra smiled, "You're the same as you were in the Johto League," Lyra commented, "You want to win with you're Pokemon together, that's why you went after the Z-Ring when you did wasn't it?" Landon smiled and turned back to Lyra, "You know it!" he replied before turning back to think of a plan. "Hey I saw you're friend Ry being dragged off by a girl do you know anything about that?" Lyra asked curiously. Landon thought for a minute trying to remember then it hit him, "Yeah, it'll be a miracle if Ry battles tomorrow," Landon laughed.

"Feraligatr! I choose you!" Connor has gotten into a match with his favorite trainer from Kanto, Ritchie. "Go, Cruise!" Appearently cruise was his tyranitar. "Feraligatr, use aqua tail!" It was a one hit KO! "Cruise, return! Go, Zippo!" Zippo was a charizard. "Aqua tail, again!" One hit KO again. "No! Zippo! You did your best, but come back." Ritchie had that look in his face, that just says 'Wait for it'. He turned his hat backwards. "Sparky, I choose you!" Sparky was Raichu. "Thunder!" Sparky was way faster than feraligatr. He just barely survived the attack, but it was obvious he can't take another attack. "Strength!" Sparky wasn't hurt that much, just about half of what he can take. "Thunderbolt!" Feraligatr fell down to the ground. "Feraligatr, no! You can't give up now! You don't want us to lose! We can't lose! Remember what I told you yesterday? Losing is out of our options, and we can't lose. "Fe... Rali..." Feraligatr couldn't get up. "Feraligatr is unable to battle! Sparky wins!" Connor couldn't believe what just happened. "Gatr!" Connor looked to his left, and feraligatr was up on his feet! "Strength!" Feraligatr landed a critical hit, and sparky fainted. "What was that just now?! Feraligtr has gave ritchie a comeback! Connor holloway wins!" said the referee. "WE DID IT FERALIGATR! WE DEFEATED RITCHIE!" Connor hugged his feraligatr. "Sparky, you were amazing! But we still couldn't win. return!" Ritchie retrieved sparky. "Nice job, feraligatr."

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Luca had been studying for his battle in round 3. Luca knew it would be tough but he was getting confident. Well... he would be confident if he wasn't stressing out. Luca knew he needed a break so he began to watch a live battle. Feraligatr beat a Raichu. Luca was astounded at the strength. It gave him motivation to try harder. Luca was pleased to see that he wasn't the only person that would be stressed that night.

That night, Ry woke up to train. There was a late night drizzle, as he stepped into the balcony of the room he had been given. June, had gotten a room at the nearby hotel, but by now she was probably asleep.

After getting dressed, he climbed down the stair, and walked outside, holding four pokeballs. "C'mon out guys!" He shouted, once they got to a empty training field. Fuego, Jet, Splashy, and Pax appeared beside him. The normally dirt field was a built damp from the rain, and Ry faced his Pokemon. He looked at each of them, and nodded.

They began their exercises that were similar to martial arts training. Ry worked along with his Pokémon, training his body too. They worked until about 4:00 AM, which, by that time the rain stopped. "Return guys, we're ready." Ry said returning them to their Pokeballs.

Then he began to jog. He didn't know where he was going, purely doing it for no reason. Training helped soothe him, especially when the pressure seemed to be reaching its limit. He jogged until the next morning, where he ate breakfast, in the cafeteria as soon as it was open. As he ate, people began to trickle into the cafeteria to get their breakfast.

"So you'be decided who you'll be battling with?" Lyra asked as she set down her food, Landon nodded as he continued eating his pancakes, he was ready to battle Charles, he knew it wouldn't be easy but that wouldn't stop him.

Landon walked down the corridor that lead to the stadium, "Ladies and gentlemen our next match is about to begin, this battle will be between Landon from Twinleaf Town and Charles from Sunnyshore City!" Landon took his place on the field making perfect eye contact with Charles. "The battle between Landon and Charles is about to begin, both trainers are aloud the use of 3 Pokemon substitutions are aloud, so now bring forth your Pokemon!" The referee announced. Landon took out his first Pokeball, "Just because we're friends doesn't mean that I'll go easy on you!" Landon called out as he readied his first Pokemon, "Ellie I choose you!" Landon threw his Pokeball as his Donphan burst out and slammed onto the field.

Charles had a smirk on his face as he brought out his first pokemon "go! Stygian!" He sent out his pokeball and out came his gliscor "look buddy,don't think I'll be easy to beat,I'll beat you,then I'll beat my brother!" Charles looked excited as the battle has begun

"Ellie, Take Down!" Landon ordered, Ellie immediately began charging towards Stygian with enough force to start shaking the gound, "Alright so if I remember correctly that small purple orb around Stygian's neck is a Toxic Orb and it's ability is Poison Heal," Landon muttered to himself as he continued to think of a plan.

"Stygian! Go up!" Stygian flew into the air over ellie "now the toxic orb should activate" he whispered to himself before shouting "use Swords dance!" Several Swords appeared around gliscor,indicating his attack power went up to 2+

"Ellie Defense Curl!" Landon called in response, Ellie quickly curled up as a red aura surrounded it, raising it's defence, "For now we'll stay on the defensive, until the opportunity presents itself," Landon told himself as he waited patiently.

At that moment,stygian's toxic orb activated "yes! Now use facade!" Stygian flew down towards ellie,his claws glowing white,since facade would get powered up by the poison along with Swords dance

"Dodge it with Rollout!" Landon called quickly, Ellie, while still curled up, began rolling and narrowly avoided the attack, "Now turn around and hit it!" Ellie swung back around and was heading straight for Stygian with great speed. 'With Defense Curl this Rollout should be stronger than normal, but Charles probably has a plan already,' Landon thought to himself as Ellie continued rolling straight for Stygian.

As stygian was standing on the ground,charles got an idea "earthquake!" Stygian hit the floor with his claws,causing an earthquake that actually hits ellie hard

The Earthquake threw Ellie into the air from being hit, "Return Ellie!" Landon quickly recalled his Pokemon and picked a new one, "Chronus let's go!" Landon threw his next Pokeball and an Odd Keystone came out, but soon after Spiritomb emerged giving a menacing face as it levitated into the air, "Chronus Icy Wind!" Landon ordered, Chronus shot an Icy Wing straight at Stygian hoping it would hit.

"Stygian no!" Charles screamed out as the icy wind managed to hit stygian and knock him out "stygian is unable to battle,chronus is the winner!" Charles had a disappointed face as he withdrew stygian and pulled out another pokeball "go! Dragunov!" A drapion came out of the pokeball ready to battle

"Return for now Chronus," Landon said as he recalled his Spiritomb, "Ellie you're up again!" Landon threw his next Pokeball and Ellie once again burst out, but it was still carrying the damage from it's battle with Stygian, "Now Ellie Earthquake!" Ellie leaped up and slammed against the ground as hard as it could sending shock waves across the field.

Charles had a shocked face "q-quick! Aqua tail on the ground towards the donphan!" Dragunov slammed aqua tail into the ground,shooting himself up into the air and avoiding the Shockwaves and he was about to land on Donphan with aqua tail

Dragunov's Aqua Tail slammed down onto Ellie hard dealing major damage, "Ellie get up!" Landon called out, Ellie slowly got up it was trying to catch it's breath, it was nearing the end of it's endurance, "Thank you Ellie," Landon muttered to himself, he knew he couldn't rely on Ellie to finish this battle but it at least still had some fight left in it, "Alright Ellie use Take Down and give in everything you've got!" Ellie gave a sharp look and began stampeding towards Dragunov with every ounce of strength it had left.

Charles observed Ellie's movements and sighed "I hate to have to do this,but" he raised his hand towards dragunov "dragunov! Poison jab at an angle!" He started rushing towards ellie with poison jab at a certain angle

"Now Ellie!" Landon cried, Ellie leaped straight at Dragunov throwing it's entire body weight behind this attack not caring that it would get hit by Poison Jab. 'Thank you Ellie you did great here' Landon thought as Ellie threw itself at Dragunov using Take Down.

Dragunov gets hit by takedown,taking a good amount of damage but not getting close to going down as he manages to hit donphan with poison jab,knocking him off "yes! Good job dragunov!"

Ellie was sent flying from the Poison Jab leaving it unable to battle, "Donphan is unable to battle, Drapion wins!" The referee declared. "Thank you Ellie you deserve a good rest," Landon commented as he recalled Ellie, he took out he next Pokeball and threw it, "Chronus let's go!" Spiritomb burst out again giving another menacing look, "Chronus Hypnosis!" Chronus shot a Hypnosis straight at Dragunov hoping to put it to sleep.

"No!" Drapion tried to look away,but remembered "wait! Dragunov your lum berry!" Dragunov took his lum berry and took a bite and was able to resist the hypnosis "now! Swords dance!" Dragunov used Swords dance and raised his power

"Ry!" June said walking over, while Ry watched Landon's battle. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for your battle? You're up against some guy named Yannick."

Ry gave a grin and looked at her, "I plan on giving it my all. My team has been set, and now I'm just relaxing a bit by watching a battle. I'll win, and prove my skills as a Fighting Type Trainer," he said making a fist pump.

June shook her head smiling.

"Not bad," Landon commented but he was ready, "Icy Wing let's go!" Chronus shot another Icy Wind at Dragunov. 'Don't underestimate my Chronus Charles' Landon thought to himself as Chronus launched the Icy Wind at Dragunov hoping to slow it's movements.

"Use knock off!" Dragunov did a bold move and went through the icy wind,slowing him down but he knew that chronus couldn't get away and was about to hit him with knock off

Dragunov's Knock Off slammed into Chronus but Landon was ready, "Now close range Hypnosis go!" Landon cried, Chonus launched a Hypnosis at Dragunov at point blank range with hardly any room to dodge of avoid the attack. 'I told you I wouldn't go easy on you' Landon thought to himself as he waited to see the result of Chronus' Hypnosis.

While dragunov did good damage,he was also hit with hypnosis and fell "no! Dragunov!" He looked around frantically,almost panicked "no,I cant lose like this!" He looks at the bleachers and notices his brother looking at him with a smirk,and then his brother mouthed these words "your weak"

"Chronus let's wrap this up with back to back Shadow Ball!" Landon called out, Chronus began summoning multiple Shadow Balls and launched them all at the sleeping Dragunov rapidly showing no remorse or any sign of slowing down, "Dragunov was hit with Ellie's Take Down and Chronus' Icy Wind and has no way to defend itself," Landon muttered to himself as he watched Chronus launch the Shadow Balls.

Charles was looking mortified yet angry at the same time as 3 more shadow ball's launched dragunov into the air and woke him up,but he landed face first and barely managed to stand up before falling over,fainted "dragunov is unable to battle! The winner is spiritomb!" Charles withdrew dragunov and took out his last pokeball "I really,really need you now,so please,help me" he then looked forward and threw the pokeball in the air "INFERNO! I CHOOSE YOU!" He screamed out as inferno the infernape materialized from his pokeball ready to battle