• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League Tounament

"Ruhig, come on out!" Nina's Weavile materialized in fron of her, clearly raring to go. "You know the drill, right pal?" Nodding. Ruhig took a battle stance and prepared to react. "Garchomp, show it no mercy! Use Fire Fang!" Showing off even more incredible speed than before, Garchomp quickly closed the gap between itself and Ruhig, leaving the Weavile no time to dodge the incoming strike. However, in the midst of its attack, Garchomp briefly became engulfed in flames, causing it to hold back it's power due to the pain. "Wha- Garchomp, what's wrong?" "Ruhig, now's your chance! Icicle Crash!" Ruhig, having withstood the weakened attack, immediately went in for the knock out, jumping above Garchomp and forming a large shard if ice between his claws, smashing it down onto Garchomp with all of his might. Garchomp roared from the immense damage, and fell with another burst of flames, the towering dragon fell to the ground, defeated. "Garchomp is unable to battle, the winner is Weavile!"

As much as she hated to admit it, Nina enjoyed watching Tristan's bravado disappear with the loss of his strongest member. "G-Garchomp! No!" After staring longingly at his prized dragon, perhaps expecting in to get back up, Tristan reluctantly recalled Garchomp. "Alright...it's okay...uh, go Rapidash!" As soon as the fire Pokémon appeared, Nina knew the match was over. Tristan was over reliant on his powerhouse dragon, and has neglected training the rest of his team to the same level. The Rapidash even looked confused, as if it didn't expect to battle. "Ruhig, let's do the kid a favor and end this quickly. Use Low Kick to knock Rapidash off balance, and follow up with a Knock Off attack!" The poor stallion never saw it coming. Lying on it's side, Rapidash neighed in pain as Weavile brought down it's claws. "Rapidash, don't give up! Use Fire Blast!" Mustering up the last of it's strength, the nearly defeated Pokémon lifted it's head and fired a full-force blast directly at Ruhig. "Ruhig! Are you alright?" He turned his head toward Nina, and gave her a wink and a grin, as if saying he was barely hurt. And then he promptly fell over, knocked out from the powerful blast. "Weavile is unable to battle, and the winner is-huh?" Just before the referee declared its victory, Rapidash let out a wavering neigh and fell unconscious. That last move had taken every ounce of its remaining strength. "...Excuse me, both Pokémon are unable to battle! Trainers, please release your remaining Pokémon!"

"Torterra, get out there and win this!" "Rauch, finish it!" The two Pokémon stared each other down. "Torterra, knock out that thing with Giga Impact!" "Rauch, stick to the plan! Burn it with Will-O-Wisp when it gets close!" As Torterra charged, Rauch let out another spark of flames. However, the normally sluggish Torterra was moving at an unusually high speed, causing the spark to miss, and resulting in Giga Impact hitting at full force. "Rauch! Come on, I know you can still fight!" When the dust from the collision cleared, it revealed a very tired Torterra, recharging from the powerful move it had just unleashed, as well as a barely floating Weezing. Rauch was damaged, badly. But he wasn't out yet. Nina smiled, proud of her partner. "We're almost there, pal! While it's recharging, hit 'em with your own Fire Blast!" Once again, a flame was kindled in Rauch's mouth, only this time in the larger head, and was then fired at the defenseless Torterra, knocking it out. "Torterra is unable to battle, and Weezing wins. The winner is Nina from Snowpoint City!" Nina called back Rauch as soon as his victory was declared. He was exhausted, and Nina didn't want him out longer than he had to be. As she turned to leave, she saw Tristan stroking his Torterra's head. "Hey, it's okay buddy, you did your best. Let's get you home, okay?" Ouch. Maybe Nina had been a bit quick to judge the kid. He clearly loved his Pokémon, even if he was still rough around the edges. "Hey, Tristan!" The boy looked up at her. "You've got a lot to learn, but don't let this get you down. Train hard and you'll go far...or...something." Dang. She really needed to get better at this whole speech thing. It seemed to do the trick though, as he nodded his head, and Nina could see the fire in his eyes. The two shook hands, and exited the stadium.

"Stygian! Swords dance!" Stygian started dancing in the air as Swords appeared around him,raising his attack power sharply as blake looked panicked "use stone edge!" Tyrantrum stomps it's foot into the ground and several sharp rocks in a row come towards gliscor,but he avoids it easily and flies up into the air "use earthquake!" Gliscor nods and slams his claws into the ground,causing earthquake and taking out tyrantrum surprisingly fast "tyrantrum is unable to battle,the victor is gliscor!" Blake however immediately sent out his last pokemon,which was a unfezant,along with that,gliscor's poison orb activated and a purple line came across his face "hahaha! You gave a pokemon a toxic orb!?" Blake laughs obnoxiously

"Alright Zippy Thunderbolt!" Landon called Zippy leaped up and shot a Thunderbolt at a rock, Landon looked at the screen and saw that latest battle man that Nina person is strong, "Well she's from Sinnoh so I shouldn't expect less." Landon turned back to Zippy, "Alright now let's try Gyro Ball!" Zippy began spinning getting progressively faster and faster.

The battle between the flying types raged on for a good 15 minutes,but eventually,unfexant fell to the floor "the winners of the battle are charles and gliscor!" The crowd cheers as charles and gliscor jump in happiness "we did it stygian!" They jump around happily as the screen shows blake's card getting removed and charles's going up "alright,let's go"

"And our next two competitors will be Max from hoenn and Ajax from Sinnoh!" Yelled the announcer as Ajax and a small boy with black hair and glasses emerged from opposite sides of the stadium "gentlemen this will be a 3v3 match up, no substitutions and no ring outs, the match will be over when all three Pokémonof a trainers Pokémon have been defeated, select your Pokémon and step up to the battle field"

Both males acknowledged each other before grabbing three poke balls, locking them into a case and approaching the two matching trainer pedestals at either ends of the field
"Max as you are the youngest you may attack first" said the announcer as he gestured toward the teen
"Alright go magcargo! Use sunny day!" Yelled the boy as his Pokémon appeared and caused the light in the stadium to intensify dramatically
"Go Genji! Use ice beam on the field!" Yelled Ajax as a he watched Max's face become a mess with confusion,
"Why waste your time trying to use ice moves, magcargo has the magma body ability, Magcargo use light screen and reflect" yelled Max simultaneously relieved and perplexed by why Ajax wasn't using water type moves, however his actions become clear once Genji had finished covering the field in a layer of ice and the increased heat from the sun, along with the immense amount of heat given off by the lava Pokémon, begun to melt it covering the field in a thin layer of water.
"Excellent Genji, again!" Yelled Ajax as the greninja once again set to work thickening the deteriorating layer of ice on the field, which quickly forming a layer of water all across the field. Water which caused magcargos body to begin to cool down and solidify locking it in place
"Genji do it now water shuriken!" Yelled Ajax finally seeing his plan coming together and a series of liquid projectiles flew toward the fire snail
"Magcargo no!" Yelled Max as his Pokémon was unable to move out of the way of the incoming attacks and quickly fainted "magcargo return, you did your best, go golem!" Max tossed another pokeball into the air, regretting choosing three Pokémon which were all weak to water, as the alolan megaton Pokémon landed with a small splash in the few remaining inches of water as the intense sunlight subsided
"Golem use thunderbolt and aim for the field!" Yelled max trying to use his opponents technique against him
"Nice try Max but that won't work, Genji use grass knot to absorb the attack!" Laughed Ajax as genji summoned a serious of thick grassy vines which blocked the electric attack from reaching the greninja, the vines were quickly charred into oblivion taking the thunderbolt and the remaining water with them.
"Fine golem use thunderbolt again but rapid fire them all across the field" yelled max quickly adapting his approach
"Much better, genii dodge them then use the thunderbolts to power up your water shurikens!" Replied Ajax impressed by his young opponents ability to change approach on the fly, genii had no problem avoiding the electric attacks before firing a barrage of its own now electrically charged attacks back at the rock type, Golem managed to counter the first two attacks but it too quickly fell to the power of the alternative form greninja

"Max is down to his final Pokémon, will it be enough to bring down Ajax's mighty greninja!" Yelled the announcer
"I'm down to my last Pokémon luckily she's my best, Go marowak!"
Max released a rather intimidating and aggressive looking alolan marowak.
"Genii let's end this fast, combo move! Midnight ambush!" Yelled Ajax as his greninja fired a series of water shurikens followed by a dark pulse, the speed of the attacks overwhelmed Max leaving him speechless but marowak put up an excellent fight avoiding and deflecting the shurikens before being hit squarely in the back by The dark pulse and flying back in a dusty explosion

"Wow in a display of cunning and great skill Ajax has defeated Marowak in one clean swoop, Ajax and his team will be advancing to the second round! As for Max well there is always next year!"

Last edited:
"Fuego!" Ry yelled, as the fire monkey, blocked a barrage of Magical Leaves. "Now, let's heat things up, Fuego, Flame Wheel!" The Infernape turned into a full force spin, surrounded in a swirling vortex of fire. He had been whittling down at Gardevoir's health, for quite a while. This should do it.

"Protect!" Amanda shouted, falling into Ry's trap. As the veil blocked the attack, Fuego bounced into the air.

"Thunder Punch!" Ry yelled, as the veil disappeared. Both Ry and Fuego moved in sync, as the electricified punch, socked Gardevior, in the stomach knocking her out.

"Return Gardevoir, go Jynx!" Amanda shouted, glaring at Ry, trying to predict his strategy.

"Return Fuego, go Jet!" Ry shouted smiling as his friend appeared in a flash of light.

"I knew it! You are so sure you yourself, and your megas power, that you could defeat me! You're an idiot!" Amanda screeched. "Blizzard!"

Jynx fired a barrage of ice and wind that barreled at the grass type.

"Amanda, I chose Jet, because this is how he battles. Against the odds, and Dodge it with a Swords Dance!" Ry shouted. Jet dodged the attack, leaping high in the air.

After that, Amanda took the offensive firing blast after blast at Jet. The grass type continued to dodge with. Swords Dance.

"Let's finish this!" Ry shouted, as Jet charged ahead. "Leaf Blade!"

The attack landed, knocking out Jynx!

"How could i lose?" Amanda asked returning Jynx to her Pokeball.

Ry smiled. "While you attacked, I just got stronger and used that strength to wipe you out in one move."

Charles was getting his food in the cafeteria when he looked at the bracketsame "oh,there's landon,ry,blake was eliminated,my brother,elice...WAIT MY BROTHER!?" He looks back at the bracket to notice his brother on one of the images "oh my god he is actually here!" He looks around frantically "I need to prepare myself!"

"Well that was an outstanding battle now wasn't it!" The announcer called out to everyone both in and out of the stadium, "Now that will conclude all the battles for the first round of the tournament so let's see who will be battling in the second round!" Landon turned to the screens located on the outside of the stadium, all of the trainers that won the first round matches were shuffled then all of the round two battles were set. "Alright so that is who I'll be facing," Landon commented as he studied the face of his next opponent. "I assume you won't do research on your opponent again!" Lyra called out as she walked towards him. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to do some research," Landon replied as Zippy ran to his side.

"Well, bud, time to wreck our opponent, right? Our opponent is Ritchie, from Frodomar city in Kanto. He has a charizard, a raichu, a butterfree, a tyranitar, a swellow, and a fearow. Should be easy for you. Charizard is aqua tail, raichu is probably strength, butterfree ice fang, tyranitar aqua tail, swellow ice fang, and fearow ice fang. easy peasy, bud! but the battle is tomorrow, so let's get a good nap. gotta be in tip top shape incase one of his pokemon is faster, but you should be able to hit first. Night, feraligatr." Feraligatr started biting Connor's shoes.

Last edited:
Charles was in his room,being anxious due to the fact that his brother was in the league "come on charles,if we fight I'm gonna win this time,no matter what" he looks around as wrath was out of her pokeball looking worried "oh,its nothing,I'm just gonna sleep" he lays down on his bed but wrath puts her upper body on his bed as well as charles strokes her head "heh,goodnight" they eventually fall asleep

Landon walked with Lyra to the building to do some research when he noticed someone in a crowd, "I'll be right back Lyra," Landon told her before running off. "Landon!" Lyra called back as she began to run after him, "You can't get out of doing your research this time!" Landon pushed his way through the crowd ignoring Lyra calling to him until he finally saw the person he saw earlier, "Hey you're Nina aren't you?" Landon asked as he approached Nina.

At the sound of her name, Nina turned around. "The one and only. And you are?" She was met with the face of one of the trainers who managed to win their first round battles. She believed his name was...Larry? Lars? No, Landon! She remembered watching his battle yesterday. "Oh, hey! You're that guy with the improvised Seismic Toss! Landon, right?" It was then that she remembered that she hadn't looked at the bracket line-ups yet. "You aren't my opponent, are you?"

"No I'm not," Landon replied, "By the way congrats of your victory!" Landon felt a nudge at his leg he looked down and saw Zippy, his Togedemaru. "What's up Zippy?" Landon asked confused, Zippy began pointing to the left and seemed distressed, Landon looked up and saw Lyra with an unimpressed look. "I told you no skipping out on research, believe me it will help you," Lyra commented as she grabbed Landon by the ear, "Hey who's this?"

"Oh, thanks! Your battle was impressive as well!" From the crowd, a girl walked up to Landon and grabbed Landon by the ear, saying something about research. After Nina saw her, she almost completely forgot about Landon. Leaning up against a wall with one arm, and flashing a grin, she made her move. "Why, hello there! The name's Nina, but you can call me free tonight. What would your name be, fair lady?" Out of nowhere, Ruhig let himself out of his pokeball to fulfill his duty of keeping Nina in line. Without missing a beat, Ruhig knocked his trainer to the ground by bashing the back of her head with a Knock Off attack. "ACK-No fair! I was just joking! Lay off!" Ruhig shook his head, and spoke as if he was reprimanding a child for misbehaving. "Ow...sorry about that...he does that sometimes."

"Let go," Landon pulled Lyra's hand off of his ear, "This is Nina, she's from Snowpoint City, and Nina this is Lyra she's from Johto but she works with Professor Rowan." Landon covered his ear with his hand before crumbling, "For someone who's done lots of travelling you aren't the strongest," Lyra sighed as she helped Landon up, she then turned to Nina, "Congrats on your win also, you handled your Pokemon amazingly." Landon took his hand off of his ear that was now bright red, "Anyway Nina I was wondering if you'd like to have a quick battle," Landon requested.

Nina slowly got up, rubbing the back of her head as she mulled it over. "A battle, eh? I don't see why not. Matches are probably starting soon though, so we should probably limit it to a 1v1 battle." She turned to Lyra, and began thinking to herself. "SCORE! Now all I gotta do is cream this Landon guy, and I can look good in front of this Lyra girl." Ruhig could easily tell what Nina was thinking from the wistful look on her face, and gave a warning growl as he raised his claw. Dejectedly, Nina admitted defeat. "Yeah, yeah, I know...so, where's this battle gonna be?"

"There's a battlefield for trainers to practice on," Landon pointed to a battlefield not to far away. When they arrived they took their positions at the field, "Alright Zippy you're up," Landon said confidently, Zippy ran onto the field with major confidence. 'I know Nina will be hard to beat considering how well she handles her Pokemon' Landon thought to himself, "So who will you be using Nina?" Landon asked.

'Huh...I've never seen a Pokémon like that before. Though if I had to guess, I'd say it's an electric type.' Nina thought about her options. She could go for Harry, but Nina would prefer his Earthquake attack to be a surprise. 'No, it's best to use a Pokémon I've already used at the tournament. And knowing how he is, Ruhig won't want to help me here. In that case...' With ferocity, she threw the pokeball into the stadium. "Rauch, front and center!" Nina's Weezing popped out of the ball, ready for battle. "Landon, since you're technically the challenger, I'll let you have the first move. Rauch, be prepared to react in the meantime." Rauch's two heads began inflating and deflating as they mixed each other's gases, preparing for a reactionary attack.

"Alright then Zippy Gyro Ball!" Landon called out, Zippy's spikes glowed a bright white as it spun towards Rauch. 'Rolling is Zippy's specialty so hopefully this does lots of damage' Landon though to himself as Zippy continued spinning towards Rauch.

The attack caught Nina off guard. The round rodent Pokémon smashed into Weezing, though it didn't seem to do too much damage. Nina had been expecting an electric type move, and a non-physical one at that! 'Then again, this could just be a ploy to get in close. Better play it safe for now.' "Alright Rauch, float high above Zippy and use Smokescreen!" The two heads stopped mixing their gases, and each let out a stream of smoke, covering the battlefield below Rauch. 'Now to wait and see what happens'

Landon watched as the a cloud of smoke covered the field, "Great now Zippy can't see," Landon muttered to himself, "But I can!" Landon smiled with his new plan, "Zippy light up!" Landon shouted, Zippy nodded and lit up its cheeks, yellow spikes, and the tip of it's tail, Landon looked at the lights coming from within the smoke, then saw Weezing, "Zippy use Zing Zap at 11 o'clock above you!" Landon called out, he noticed nothing was happening and realized Zippy didn't understand anything he just said, "Above you to your right!" Zippy understood this time and electricity began sparking around it as it leaped for Weezing.

While the rodent hadn't understood what Landon was talking about at first, Nina did. She immediately took the opportunity to react, before Landon could clarify his order. "Rauch, quick! Get out of there!" Rauch complied as quickly as he could, backing up from it's original spot as the electric type flung itself toward where the Weezing once stood. 'Another physical attack? How odd. Well, if that's it's main form of attacking, then..' "Okay Rauch, use fire a Will-o-wisp while Zippy is in the air!" Rauch's smaller head began to kindle a blue spark, and fired it towards the round Pokémon.

The Will-o-Wisp hit it's mark leaving Zippy paralyzed, "Zippy Thunderbolt let's go!" Landon called out, Zippy landed and was immediately engulfed in flames causing serious damage considering Zippy was half Steel-Type, Landon watched as the flames dispersed for now he knew Zippy was burned and would continue taking damage if he didn't knock out Rauch now, "Right Zippy now use Thunderbolt!" Zippy nodded and shot a bolt of electricity towards Weezing.

'And, that's what I was afraid of.' Lacking the speed necessary to dodge the incoming attack, Rauch took the Thunderbolt head on. Rauch wasn't nearly as strong against non-physical attacks, and was clearly shaken from the strong voltage. Nina knew that Rauch could only take a couple more of those before going down. "Rauch, don't give up now! Cover Landon's side of the field in a Smokescreen!" The pair of heads only nodded as they went to work, thoroughly spreading as much smoke as possible.

Th Smokescreen covered Landon's half of the field blocking he view of Zippy and Rauch until he saw a small red light coming from within the cloud of smoke, he knew Zippy wouldn't last much longer, "Right, now Zippy Rapid Spin in place!" Landon called out, Zippy was confused as to why but went along with the place dispersing the smoke but only around Zippy.

Nina wasn't concerned about Landon's attempt to disperse the smoke. All that mattered was nailing the small electric type as soon as the opportunity presented itself. Then, an idea struck her. "Rauch, charge up a Fire Blast and hold it. Attack at the first sign of movement." Rauch began the mixing process once again, circulating different flammable gases in preparation for a blast to end all blasts. 'As long as Landon doesn't try anything too crazy, Rauch should have this in the bag.'

"Zippy, jump up now!" Landon cried, Zippy sprung into the air using it's tail as a spring board to launch itself high into the air and above the smoke, "Now use Rapid Spin and Thunderbolt!" Zippy began spinning and using Thunderbolt sending electricity all over the field, 'Rauch shouldn't be able to dodge this... I hope' Landon though to himself.

'Welp, that's certainly crazy enough. What now?' It was useless. Rauch was a sitting duck with all that gas stored up inside of him, and dodging such a widespread attack would take much more speed than the Weezing has naturally. Naturally...that's it! "Rauch, abort the attack! Expel the gas and propel yourself upwards!" Panicked from the oncoming waves of electricity, Rauch did whatever he could to avoid the attack. All of the gas from charging up Fire Blast was used to send him flying upward, away from the rodent's attack. Unfortunately, Rauch did not escape unscathed. He only partially escaped the damage, and one more hit, direct or otherwise, would knock him out for sure. And to top it off, the Weezing spontaneously lit up in sparks. 'Paralysis. Of course. Well, this should definitely be interesting.'

"Now Zippy Zing Zap!" Landon called out, Zippy landed and once again sprung up using it's tail and began sparking and spinning in mid air and was heading straight for Rauch. 'Alright we've got this' Landon though to himself when something in his mind came up that he didn't account for and that was the damage Zippy had already taken lots of damage, if Zippy was hit it was over.

Nina panicked a bit when Zippy flew straight towards Rauch. This Landon guy was relentless! 'No more running away. It's either attack back or keel over! I hope Rauch still has some gas left.' "Rauch, it's our last resort! Hit Zippy with a Fire Blast!" Rauch stopped releasing the gas and quickly tried to expel a Fire Blast. What resulted was only a little larger than an ember attack. Not what she was hoping for, but it worked. Hopefully, when factoring in the burn damage, it would be enough. 'Welp, that's that. Time to see how this plays out.'

The Fire Blast hit Zippy mid air and sent it flying down to Landon hitting him upon impact knocking him down. Landon sat up and picked up Zippy Landon saw that Zippy had been knocked out, "Well I guess you win Nina!" Landon called from across the field. Lyra ran next to Landon, "It was a good match but why would you battle with Zippy who has nearly no battle experience?" Lyra asked as she took Zippy from Landon's arms. "I wanted to get some battle practice before Zippy's first Pokemon League battle," Landon replied. "Well I'll take Zippy to the Pokemon Centre and as for you, go rotate your Pokemon for your next battle, because you have no time to do research," Lyra told him, Landon got up quickly and ran off to switch his Pokemon. "You did great to," Lyra commented, as she looked at Weezing she reached into her bag and took out a small bottle, "Try giving this to your Weezing, it's a Lum-Sitrus Berry Blend, it should restore it's strength and eliminate any status conditions it may have," Lyra explained handing Nina the battle, "It should restore Weezing back to perfect health just in time for the second round."

"I-I-I, uh...*ahem* thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm sure Rauch does too." The Weezing agreed, letting out a puff of steam to express his gratitude as his larger head gulped down the blend. Internally though, Nina was more than a little worried. 'Landon fought me with a Pokémon that's never battled before? I'd hate to see what his experienced Pokémon can do. Hopefully I don't run into him in the tournament.' She took the opportunity to learn more about the odd creature."So, what kind of Pokémon is that anyway? I've never seen it before."

"It's called a Togedemaru it's a Pokemon Landon got after it hatched from an egg, it's from Alola," Lyra commented as she gave a bit of medicine to Zippy to help it heal faster, "After it hatched from an egg it didn't battle that much because Landon didn't want to put it in a battle where it would be outmatched or overwhelmed so it doesn't see many battles." Lyra took a small white ring from her bag that had a grey diamond shaped crystal in it, "This is what's taken most of his training time recently, it's called a Z-Ring and the small diamond in the middle is called a Z-Crystal," Lyra put the Z-Ring back into her bag, "I'm sorry for rambling on, you've probably got some strategy planning to do so I'll get out of your hair." Lyra got up carrying Zippy to a Pokemon Centre, "Good luck in your next match!" Lyra waved as she ran to the Pokemon Centre.

Landon grabbed his last Pokeball Professor Rowan had sent, "Thanks for sending them on such short notice Professor," Landon thanked. "It's my pleasure Landon, just remember all of your Pokemon are cheering you on back home," Rowan replied before hanging up. Landon ran out of the building and noticed it was to late to do any training, his match was in 10 minutes Landon ran to the stadium as fast as he could to get there on time.

"Huh? W-wait! I uh...she's gone." Oh well. So much for that idea. "Hmm...I guess I DO need to strategize eventually." Deciding that she had procrastinated long enough, Nina made her way to the brackets to find out who her opponent was. "Alright, let's see who's next..." She perked up at the sight of her opponent's portrait. "Ohhhhhhhhhh man. This should be good."

Landon stepped into the stadium and saw his opponent standing across from him, "This next match will be between Landon from Twinleaf Town and Ashley from Beach Rose Town," the announcer announced. Landon and Ashley took their places, "Trainers bring forth your Pokemon!" the referee called out. "Leafa, let's go!" Landon called as he threw his Pokeball, a Serperior burst out and onto the field giving a menacing look. "Alright Pangoro you're up!" Ashley called as she released her Pokemon, a Pangoro slammed onto the field but it was larger than a normal one, "We'll start this battle off if you don't mind, Pangoro Bullet Punch!" Pangoro moved in quickly launching a barrage of punches at Leafa dealing some serious damage, "Leafa Energy Ball lets go!" Landon called in response, Leafa coiled it's tail around Pangoro's arm and hit it with a close range energy ball and dealing damage. "Pangoro hit Leafa with a Fire Punch!" Ashley responded Pangoro's fist was soon lit ablaze as it hit Leafa knocking it off it's arm, "Now Pangoro, Attract!" Pangoro winked and soon pink hearts were surrounding Leafa but when they closed in and hit nothing happened. "Wait what!" Ashley called out confused, "You mean your Serperior is Female?" Landon nodded his head, "Yeah, the name Leafa isn't exactly a guys name," Landon replied. "Alright then Pangoro return!" Ashley recalled her Pangoro quickly due to a change in strategy, "Milotic, you're up!" Ashley threw her next Pokeball as a Milotic burst out looking very elegant and strong. "Why would she choose a Milotic?" Landon asked himself.

"Look out!" Ry yelled as Star, veered left to avoid a powerful Rock Wrecker attack. His opponent, who was named Bobby, was using a Golem, and had already lost his first Pokemon, a Tangrowth.

"Okay, Star, use Close Combat!" Ry yelled as the Staraptor did a flip, before charging at the Golem, and delivering powerful kicks and bats with her wings, knocking out the Golem.

"Return Golem, and go, Emolga!" The cute Pokemon appeared in the air, and happily soared high. "Electro Ball!" Emolga fired a close range shot, that knocked out, the already weakened Staraptor.

This Emolga was going to be a tough one, despite how it looked.

Nina had no idea how to approach the situation. Her opponent seemed to fancy himself an edge-lord of sorts, wearing a cloak over his face and going by the name "Anony Mous." 'Real clever there, wise guy. How'd they allow that at the sign up booths?' She had to admit though, it was a good idea utility wise. There were no records online that matched his profile, so the only thing Nina had to go off of was his round 1 battle. "The only Pokémon this guy used was an Ursaring and a Mamoswine. Edge-lord or not, he must be a pretty serious trainer." Nina heard the sound of the crowd roaring with excitement. "Guess it's time."

"The next battle will be between Nina Schulz from Snowpoint City and Anony Mous, also from Snowpoint City!" Nina was surprised to hear that. This guy was some Snowpoint? She didn't recognize him at all! "Trainers, bring forth your Pokémon!"

"Tusker, front and center!" The cloaked trainer brought out his Mamoswine, who immediately went into a defensive stance. "Alright then! Zen, it's showtime! Use Bulk Up!" Nina's Medicham was ready for battle as soon as his feet touched the ground. After taking in a deep breath, Zen exhaled as his muscles became more pronounced. Nina waited for the cloaked trainer to make a move, but nothing happened. He and his Mamoswine just stood there, waiting. Ultimately, Nina got fed up with waiting and decided to go on the offensive. "Alright, if you won't attack, then we will! Zen, Hi Jump Kick!" Zen leaped up into the air as it was sent on a crash course straight for the Mamoswine's face. "Tusker, Protect." A small shield enveloped Tusker just before Zen crashed into it, hurting himself badly as a result. 'Gah! What is wrong with me! I should have expected that!' Before Nina could get Zen out of there, Mr. Edgy capitalized on the situation. "While he's down, finish him with Earthquake!" Tusker rapidly stomped the ground, causing fearsome tremors as Zen was flung back by the overturned ground. When he landed, Zen was already unconscious. "Medicham is unable to battle, the winner is Mamowine!"

"Milotic use Ice Beam!" Ashley ordered Milotic shot an Ice Beam straight at Leafa dealing major damage and freezing it to the ground, "Now use Dragon Tail!" Milotic leaped up with Dragon Tail and slammed into Leafa smashing it into the ground and dealing serious damage. "Leafa are you okay!" Landon yelled Serperior got up slowly but stumbled immediately, "Leafa Return!" Landon recalled Leafa and took out his next Pokeball and threw it, "Go! Outcharge!" an Electivire burst out of the Pokeball, ready to battle, "Use Thunder Punch!" Outcharges fist began sparking as it dove at Milotic dealing major damage in the process. "Milotic Disarming Voice!" Ashley responded, Milotic began sreating a noise that was injuring Outcharge. "Thunderbolt, now!" Outcharge shot a powerful Thunderbolt pounding Milotic and dealing major damage to it, "Now finish this with Iron Tail!" Outcharge leaped up and it's tails glowed a bright white as it slammed them into Milotic, knocking it out. "Milotic is unable to battle, Electivire wins!" the referee declared.

Ashley recalled her Pokemon and pulled out a new Pokeball, "Go Scizor!" Ashley called as she threw her next Pokeball, a Scizor burst out and looked both menacing and fast, "Scizor Metal Claw!" Ashley ordered, Scizor slammed into Electivire using Metal Claw but didn't do much damage. "Brick Break!" Landon called out, Outcharge nodded and slammed it's arm against Scizor using Brick Break dealing some serious damage, "Now hit it with a Thunderbolt!" Oucharge quickly wrapped it's wires around Scizor and unleashed a powerful Thunderbolt and was not letting go. "Scizor, Metal Claw let's go!" Ashley called, Scizor tried to break free of Outcharges grip but was unsuccessful. "Brick Break, now!" Landon ordered, Outcharge unraveled it's wires and quickly hit Scizor with another Brick Break knocking it out. "Scizor is unable to battle, Electivire wins!" the referee declared.

"Return Scizor," Ashley said as she recalled her Scizor and took out her last Pokemon, "Pangoro I need you again!" Her large Pangoro burst out of it's Pokeball and onto the field ready to battle again, "Pangoro Power-Up Punch!" Pangoro nodded and ran towards Outcharge with great speed slamming it's fist into Outcharge while also gaining attack with every hit. "Outcharge Brick Break back to back!" Landon cried out, Outcharge began unleashing a barrage of Brick Breaks, slamming into Pangoro and dealing lots of damage to it. "Pangoro time for Attract!" Ashley called out, Pangoro launched an Attract causing Outcharge to become infatuated and unable to attack, "Now hit it with Power-Up Punch!" Pangoro smiled as it hit Outcharge with a Power-Up Punch, knocking it out. "Electivire is unable to battle Pangoro wins!" the referee declared.

"Return Outcharge, you did great," Landon said as he recalled Outcharge, he swapped his Pokeballs, "Chocolate let's go!" Landon threw his Pokeball and an Altaria burst out and soared high into the air, "Chocolate, use Acrobatics!" A blue veil surrounded Chocolate as it swerved towards Pangoro dealing some serious damage. "Pangoro Attract again!" Ashley called, Pangoro launched another Attract but the attack failed to do anything, "No way his Altaria is Female too," Ashley muttered to herself. "Chocolate, Moonblast and wrap this up!" Chocolate took a quick nose-dive and shot a Moonblast at Pangoro, knocking it out. "Pangoro is unable to battle, Altaria is the winner which means Landon from Twinleaf Town is the winner!" the referee declared. Ashley ran out to the field and helped her Pangoro up, "Pangoro thank you you did amazing," Ashley commented. Landon and Chocolate walked towards Ashley and her Pangoro, "You're Pangoro was strong for being able to take on three battles," Landon commented as he looked at the Pangoro. "Thank you," Ashley and her Pangoro both thanked for the battle, "Good luck in Round 3 you can count on us to cheer you on." Landon and Chocolate both smiled, "Thanks and I'll try not to let you down," Landon said confidently, he and Ashley shook hands before leaving the stadium.

Charles was watching from a tv,having finished his battles,and thankfully winning,with his match coming tomorrow but right as it was getting good,there was a knock on his door "huh?" He went up to get it and a man in a suit was standing there "excuse me,but my boss wishes to speak with you" Charles reluctantly followed the man and he is taken into a room with a long table but only 2 seats,and on the other side sat,his brother "oh...it's you,what do you want,my next match is in a few hours" his brother,actually named Cristian pointed at the empty seats "sit down,we will talk about it during our meal"

'Okay...don't panic...you'll just have creative earlier than expected.' Weighing her options, Nina decided that a subtle approach was the best idea. "Sage, get out there!" Nina's Torkoal entered the battlefield, intensifying the sun with it's entry. Even though fire types were weak to Tusker's earthquake, Nina was confident in Sage's high defenses to at least withstand one. And one was all she needed. "Tusker, Earthquake again." "Sage, withdraw into your shell!" 'That should minimize the damage dealt.' Sage bounced across the stadium as the ground shook, protected from most serious damage. Waiting until Sage was right in front of Mamoswine, Nina jumped at the opputunity. "Now, Sage! Lava Plume! Sage used the momentum of the ground to point the top of his shell straight at Mamoswine, and let loose a powerful stream of fire straight at the tasked Pokemon, knocking it out. "Mamoswine is unable to battle, the winner is Torkoal!" The cloaked figure seemed distressed.

"How? Lava plume shouldn't be that powerful!" Nina wanted to explain, but that could ruin the surprise for the rest of the battle. "Just send out your next Pokemon, Edgy!" The figure grimaced at the unwelcome nickname, and threw out his next Pokemon, an Azumarill. "Zachary, use Aqua Jet!" Perfect. It seemed the hooded trainer wasn't familiar with weather effects. As Azumarill charged at Torkoal, some of the water that surrounded it started to evaporate, weakening the attack. Torkoal was able to survive the hit easily. "Sage, use the momentum to get back on your feet, then fire a Solar Beam!" The Torkoal complied, landing on all fours as it began to collect energy from the sun. Thanks to it's intensity, the charge time was much shorter, and Sage was able to fire it almost as soon as he began collecting energy. Expecting the attack's charge time to be longer, Nina's opponent didn't bother giving an order to dodge, leaving Azumarill wide open to the Solar Beam. "Zachary! Are you alright?" Grunting, the Azumarill stood up, just barely able to stand. "Don't worry, this will be over soon. Water attacks don't seem to be working, so try Superpower!" 'So he caught on.' "Sage, ignore Azumarill! Take the time to spread out a Stealth Rock!" Withdrawing into his shell once more, Torkoal began spinning as rocks flew toward the Edge-lord's side of the field. However, this left the Torkoal open to attack, and unfortunately, Azumarill's Superpower was too much to handle. "Torkoal is unable to battle, the winner is Azumarill!"

Nina called back Sage quickly. "You did great out there. Ruhig, it's down to you! Fake Out, now!" Almost as soon as Ruhig was out of his pokeball, he was on top of Zachary, knocking the water Pokemon over from the surprise alone, and knocking out with a fast blow to the gut. "Azumarill is unable to battle, the winner is Weavile!"

"Heh, you weren't bragging! Weavile is just as powerful as you said in your letters, Nina." Nina furrowed her brow at this. Did she know this guy? "Not as powerful as my Ursaring though! Glaive, come on out! Double-Edge, stat!" Out of the hooded trainer's pokeball came an already charging Ursaring, headed straight for Ruhig. "Ruhig, jump over it! Counter attack with Icicle Crash!" With grace and finesse, Ruhig backflipped over the rampaging beast, and formed a large icicle between his claws. Just as he was about to bring it down though, Ursaring turned around on a dime and began its own counter attack. "Brick Break, Glaive!" With all of it's force, Glaive's claw broke through the icicle, shattering it into many pieces. Luckily for Ruhig and Nina though, the sound of the shattering ice still managed to make the bear Pokemon flinch, even if it didn't cause any damage. "Ruhig, don't waste time! Throw it off balance with Low Kick!" As soon as Ruhig landed, he dashed towards the Ursaring's legs, sweeping them out from under it. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Glaive was stunned on the ground. "Now! Finish it off with Knock Off!" Without missing a beat, the Weavile brought down it's claw straight in the center of Glaive's chest ring. That ended up being too much for it, as roared in pain before passing out. "Ursaring is unable to battle, leaving Weavile and Nina as the winners!"

As Ruhig was busy eating up the crowd's applause, the hooded boy walked over to Nina, having already returned his Ursaring. "Well Nina, I'm impressed! You weren't lying about how strong you've gotten!" This just got weirder and weirder. "Kid, I'm sorry but could you take off the hood so I can maybe get a clue as to who you are? I don't know any edge-lords." Blushing a little in embarrassment, the boy took off his hood.

"Do you recognize me now?" Nina's mind was racing. That was not a boy. That was a girl. Not a girl she recognized, not at all. But...'Oh man, she's cute. Time to get to work!' Getting down on one knee, she tried the smooth approach. "Oh yeah, I remember now! I see you every night running around in my dreams! How about you and I have dinner together later so we can get to know each other even better?" She was met with a slap to the face. Well, that could have gone better. "Nina, gross! Ugh, I know it's been a while, but you seriously don't recognize me? It's me, Lisa!"

Lisa. Nina remembered that name. Her sister had the same name. Her little sister who was only 6 when she left home. It had been 7 years since then. That meant...'No way!' "LIZZY?!" Ruhig, who had recognized Lisa's scent long ago, couldn't help but roll on the floor, laughing at how badly his trainer had just messed up.