• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League Tounament

Ry watched as the Infernape materialized and looked down at the Pokeball at his waist. It was Fuego's. So this guy had an Infernape too. However, Landon still had Mizu who had some advantages. It would all depend really, on how much damage Crphonus did. He eiethe had to wipe out Inferno, or do some decent damage early on.

'It's here' Landon smiled, "Inferno must be your strongest!" he called out to Charles, he knew Inferno was strong and it wouldn't be easy to defeat but he was ready for the challenge, "Chronus Shadow Ball!" Chronus summoned a Shadow Ball and launched it directly at Inferno trying to get the first hit.

Charles watched the shadow ball "wow,talk about cocky,dodge it! And use stone edge!" inferno easily dodged the shadow ball and slammed his fist into the ground,making sharp rocks go in spiritomb's direction

Chronus was hit hard by the Stone Edge and was sent back a bit, "Not cockiness, just excited to battle Inferno!" Landon shouted back, "Chronus Icy Wind!" Chronus launched an Icy Wind at Inferno hoping once again to slow down it's movement to launch a clear attack, 'Let's win this you guys' Landon thought to himself.

Charles smiled "glad your enjoying this! Now! Flare blitz!" Inferno was surrounded by blue flames and went through the icy wind,and ithe didn't even slow inferno down as he charged towards spiritomb "I'm notrying losing while you still have 2 pokemon left!"

Inferno collided with Chronus resulting in an explosion. When the smoke had clear Landon saw Chronus had been knocked out, "Spiritomb is unable to battle, Infernape wins!" The referee declared. "Chronus you were great out there, take a good long rest," Landon commented as he recalled his Spiritomb, Landon swapped the Pokeball in his hand for Mizu's, "Alright, Mizu I need your help!" Landon cried as he sent out his Empoleon. "Like your Inferno, Mizu is my strongest Pokemon!" Landon and Mizu both made eye contact with each other, 'Let's win this' Mizu nodded as it understood what Landon was thinking, "Mizu Aqua Jet lets go!" Mizu quickly wrapped itself in a torrent of water and shot itself straight at Inferno with great speed.

"Grass knot to stop him!" Inferno glowed green before a vine from the ground grabbed empoleons foot,but instead of damaging,it simply stopped the aqua jet "now! Close combat!" Inferno ran towards empoleon with close combat ready

"Use Hyrdo Cannon at the last second!" Landon called out, Mizu waited until Inferno was to close to dodge then launched a close range Hyrdo Cannon, 'After this attack Mizu will need to recharge it's energy, which will leave us wide open for an attack, but it's worth it, me and Mizu both know it' Landon thought to himself as he smiled, enjoying the battle.

"INFERNO!" inferno gets launched and is slammed into the wall,creating a cloud of dust as he falls to the floor,completely limp "n-no...i-inferno" Charles had an absolutely heartbroken look on his face as he collapsed to his knees,unaware that inferno was down,but not out as he screams out "I'M TOO WEAK!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT!" Landon screamed back, "You're not weak if you have your Pokemon by your side, trust me when I say I know that, Pokemon are more than just battle partners, to me they are my best friends, they stand by me and I stand by them, that's always how it'll be between us," Mizu nodded to the lecture. Landon smiled as he gave Charles a determined look, "Now how about you show us what your guys bond if made of!"

"Y-yeah,yeah,your right! We aren't gonna back down just from a water attack! Come on inferno!" He looked as inferno slowly got up,but something was different in his eyes as he walked back to being in front of his trainer "alright,ready?" Inferno stayed silent before starting to let out a growl,which turned into roar as the flames he has for hair create a pillar of fire "H-holy tauros!"

"There's Blaze," Landon commented, he could feel his Z-Ring was getting warmer, "Alright get close to Inferno!" Landon knew it was crazy but if anyone could pull off the plan he had it was Mizu. Mizu nodded and began dashing towards Inferno fully aware it had to be careful because it's Fire attacks would be much more powerful than normal.

"Run around him and wait for an opening!" Inferno started running around mixup extremely fast,so fast he's simply a red and orange blur "don't let him hit you with a z-move!"

"Grab it!" Landon called out, the Z-Ring was getting warmer, Mizu watched carefully at Inferno's movements waiting for the right time. Mizu finally saw an opening and grabbed onto Inferno making sure not to let go or allow it to break free, "Time for our Aquatic Seismic Toss!" Mizu and Inferno were soon wrapped in a torrent of water as Mizu sprung into the air, the heat from Inferno was damaging but Mizu knew it couldn't give up, the torrent began circling around before finally plummeting to the ground.

While inferno was in mizu's hold,charles had shouted "FLARE BLITZ!" in which inferno used it and it was a huge,explosive light show before the 2 pokemon plummeted to the floor,resulting in an explosion "INFERNO!"

"MIZU!!!" Landon cried as he waited for the smoke to clear. When the smoke had cleared he saw both Inferno and Mizu were okay but they were both nearing the end of their endurance, Landon heard a slight ringing sound, he checked his Z-Ring and saw it was glowing he looked up at Mizu who nodded, "I told you I wouldn't hold back on you Charles!" Landon called, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He made an X with his arms, then placed them both by his side, he then punched his two fists together and placed them in front of him, Mizu had done the same thing in sync, "Alright, time for a full powered attack!" Mizu's body became coated in metal as it positioned it's two fins over it's head and began spinning like a drill, "Corkscrew Crash!!! GO!!!" Mizu began picking up speed and leaving a trench behind it as it went straight for Inferno.

Charles looked absolutely terrified as the attack got clover "infernape,I need you to give it your all with this 1,final attack" he closed his eyes as he somehow imagined a water droplet,falling "...USE FLARE BLITZ!!" inferno surrounded himself in blue flames,the flames being even larger and more fierce then before "GO!!!!" inferno charged towards mizu's as the attacks clashed,but they were at a standstill

Landon poured every ounce of strength he had into this last attack, "Let's Go!!!" Landon and Mizu both roared as they overpowered the Flare Blitz resulting in a huge explosion and a thick cloud of smoke. Landon waited for the smoke to clear and see which Pokemon would still be standing.

When the smoke cleared,inferno was on the ground with swirls in his eyes "inferno is unable to battle! Mizu is the winner!" Everyone in the stadium cheered,including cristian,for Mizu and landon

Landon ran onto the field and grabbed Mizu who had stumbled from exhaustion, "Thanks Mizu you were amazing," Landon thanked his friend for giving it her all, Landon and Mizu walked over to Charles and Inferno and shook their hands, "Charles it was a great honor to battle you," Landon thanked him for the amazing battle as did Mizu.

Charles went over to pick up inferno "n-no problem,my only regret is that now" he points to where Cristian is sitting "i won't get the chance to prove him wrong,that I can beat him,well,have a nice day" he starts walking away

"Charles!" Landon called out as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small red crystal and threw it to him, "Take it, trust me when I say it'll make you much stronger! Next time we meet let's have a battle!" Landon recalled Mizu and left the stadium before being attacked by Lyra. "That was an amazing battle!" Lyra commented as the two walked back to the hotel, "You're in the Semi-Finals now?" Landon smiled, "Yeah, but I'm not done yet there are still strong opponents waiting for me, and I'll win for me and Charles," Landon replied. "And it's that kind of attitude that winds up with elimination," Lyra smiled, making a joke.

Nina looked at the screen in awe. By far, that was the most intense battle she had seen since the tournament started! 'This Landon guy is no joke. I should probably start analyzing his team more thoroughly.' She was shaken out of her thoughts when the match call on her Poke-Nav started buzzing. Probably Lisa reminding her of the upcoming match. 'Well, one step at a time. First I've got this solo trainer to worry about.'

Charles looked at the crystal "woah...a firinium-z? Amazing!" He put it in his pocket and Wales to the stadium for the next battle,after healing inferno

"Booyah! Good job Landon!" Ry said giving a fist pump. He checked the board, and saw he was in the next battle. He grabbed his pokeballs, and ran into the battlefield. He clenched his Pokeball tightly and faced where his opponent would stand. "Let the battle begin," he said waiting for his opponents arrival.

Yannick looked at the screen above him. "Let's do this!" he shouted and walked up to the field. "So you are Ry. I hope this will be fun." Yannick grabbed a Pokeball on his waist and pointed it towards Ry. "Shall we begin?" he asked.

"Go, Splashy!" Ry shouted tossing out, his Poliwrath, who took the field with a flash of light. Splashy flexed his arms and looked menacingly at his opponent, ready for their move.

"Go Exploud!" Yannick replied while throwing the Pokeball. "Oh man a fighting type. This will be rough. Use Boomburst!" he yelled. Exploud started shouting as Yannick put in some earplugs. 'I should not use that move in public but I have no other option. This will sting a little even with the earplugs.' he thought.

Splashy smashed a fist into the ground, and took the hit, keeping his footing. "Now use Dynamic Punch!" Ry shouted, as the blast faded. The water and fighting type ran forward, with his right fist engulfed in a light orange energy, as he swung a right hook towards the Exploud's left said of his stomach.

'There is no way Exploud can dodge this.' Yannick tried to think about a way to counter. "Take the hit then grab on to it's arm and use Focus Blast!" He said but exploud wasn't fast enough. "Shit. Can you go on?" Yannick asked concerned. Exploud got up but was severely wounded. "Focus Blast I know you can do it!" He yelled.

Splashy leapt back to create a cushion of space between him and Exploud. "Okay, Splashy, counter with Focus Blast," Ry commanded, looking around the arena. Splashy aimed and fired a pulse of orange energy that collided with the opposing attack, creating an explosive dust cloud. "Hydro Pump!" Ry shouted as Splashy rushed forward, firing a blast of high pressured water from his hand. The distance was covered in a mater of second, with Splashy being only a few feet from Exploud, with the blast of water about to attack.

"How the hell is it so fast? Boomburst one more time!" Yannick was trying to come up with a strategy but he came to realize that Exploud does not stand a chance. 'It's too early to send in Sceptile but I guess I have no other option. Let's see how much Exploud can do.' he was thinking. Exploud managed to pull of the attack and was then hit by the Hydropump.

"Weaken the attack with Focus Blast!" Ry shouted as the blast headed towards Splashy. Waiting no time, the water type fired a pulse of orange energy into the blast weakening it and slowing it down down by a bit. However it was still impossible for the bulky pokemon to dodge, and took the attack, by bracing himself with his arms.

"Okay Splashy, lets kick it up a notch, with Blizzard!" Ry said making a fit pump. Pressing both palms flat ahead, pointed at Exploud, he fired a massive burst of freezing cold wind, snow and ice, that barreled across the field headed towards the normal type.

Exploud fainted after it was hit with the Blizzard. "Exploud return. You leave me no other option. Go Sceptile!" Yannick chose to use his ace against the Poliwrath. "Your Poliwrath may be fast but still not fast enough for my Sceptile. Leaf Blade!" Sceptile rushed up to it's opponent and slashed across it's belly.

Splashy flew across the field, and while in mid-air, Ry shouted, "Blizzard!" By using his hands as propulsion tools, he gained a good amoung of lift and flew up into the air, and sending the Blizzard, sweeping down the field headed towards Sceptile.

"Dodge!" Yannick shouted and Sceptile jumped to the side but one of it's arms got hit and frozen by the Blizzard. "Sceptile one more Leaf Blade!" he said but then he saw the frozen arm. 'This is bad. There is no way it can keep up with a fast Pokemon like that.' Sceptile was slowed down but still fast enough to catch up to Poliwrath and attacked with the not frozen arm.

"Block it," Ry shouted. However his words were futile, as he got smacked hard, knocked out. Ry returned him to his pokeball, and grinned. "I see you have a Sceptile. Well so do I. Go Jet!" Ry shouted tossing out the grass type. The new arrival stretched his arms and grinned. "Now, Dragon Claw!" Ry shouted as Jet charged with his Claw surronded in a deep purple draconic energy.

"A Sceptile? This will be interesting." Yannick replied and only a second later he had an idea. "Sceptile use Leaf Blade with your frozen arm to counter the Dragon Claw!" he yelled. 'The ice on it's arm should give it a little bit of an advantage.' he thought.

Jet smirked, and slid under Sceptile's legs last second, and did a flip in the air, behind his opponent, aiming a powerful slash with his Dragon Claw. One thing about Ry's Pokemon, is that they were fighters and had great self awareness. While a lot of Pokémon wait for their trainers to make a move, his act, accordingly, saving ever important seconds. It's what their battle style special.

"What the...? This style is not normal!" Yannick said suprised while he watched his Sceptile hitting the ground breaking the ice on it's arm as Jet struck it from behind. "Logic won't work here Sceptile use your instinct to doge and attack. X-Scissor-barrage and try to get one in on it's legs!" he shouted.