• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League Tounament

"Swords Damce," Ry shouted as Sceptile did a backflip out of the way. In mid-air, he stretched his arms, to boost his attack. He landed a good distance away from the X-Scissors, avoiding them without a hit.

"Energy Slash!" Ry shouted, giving the combo to Jet. The Sceptile charged at his opponent, with one arm using Night Slash, while in his arms their arm, he charged an Energy Ball. Then with quick motions, he threw the Energy Ball, and dove forward. The green ball of energy zoomed, aiming for Sceptile's legs, while Jet was aiming for the Sceptile's stomach, with his dark swinging blades.

"You made one mistake in attacking from above while being unable to fly. Sceptile move to the side then use Earthquake when Jet hits the ground to get it stuck and then full power Dragon Claw!" Yannick smiled as he saw through Ry's combo. "I'm a big fan of combination attacks so I researched a lot of them. I'm not entirely sure if it was you but I saw a video of Sceptile doing exactly the same attack. Have you ever used it in a competitive match before?" he asked after he finished explaining.

"I may have used that before, but I know you haven't seen enough of my matches, because actually, Jet can fly." Ry said, as Jet skimmed close to the ground. "Aerial Ace!" Ry shouted. Jet, tapped the ground with one foot, and leapt high into the air, and flew around, wrapped in streams of white. While the ground shook, Jet, made a quick U-Turn and dove towards Sceptile from above. "Spin and use Leaf Blade!" By activating his blades, he began to spin, creating a mixture of white and green that charged at Sceptile.

Sceptile tried to block the attack with Dragon Claw but only weakened it . "I hate being wrong." Yannick said. "Sceptile time out, let Honchkrow handle this. Honchkrow GO!" he decided to switch Pokemon. "Brave Bird!" Yannick yelled.

Jet smirked happily at the change of opponents. This was a Pokemon that loved to fight at a disadvantage. However, Ry had other ideas. "Sorry bud but I'll need you to go up against his Sceptile, but it's his strongest," Ry said switching out his Pokemon and sending out Grace. The Togekiss happily took the field. Then as the Honchrow, charged Ry shouted, "Sky Attack!" Grace glowed with a pale light and charged headfirst at Honchrow's attack.

The attacks collided and both Pokemon got knocked back. "At this rate I'm going to loose. Come on start thinking!" Yannick said to himself. "Use Roost." he wanted to buy time for him to think. Yannick thought about all the moves that Honchkrow can use. "Use Multi-Bird!" he shouted and Honchkrow used Double Team and all versions that it created started charging towards Togekiss. "Your chances are one in twenty to counter the real attack. There is no way you will hit the real one." Yannick said.

"Extreme Speed!" Ry shouted. Now at first using a physical move sounds like a bad idea. But what if he wasn't attacking? Grace swerved up into the air with incredible speeds allowing the Honchcrow to get close to one another. Once they were close by about a few feet, Ry shouted at the top of his lungs, "Dazzling Gleam!" Grace fired a powerful blast of pink light that charged down, at the close range Honchrows and spun a little bit, allowing the super effective fairy type move to hit Honchcrow and all of his copies.

"Ry's battling really well," Landon commented as he walked by a screen showing their battle. "Well then you should come up with a strategy for the Semi-Finals strategy for the Semi-Finals," Lyra said happily as she looked at the screen, "Ry is a really talented trainer and really strong." Landon smiled as he watched the battle, "That and he has a unique and creative way of battling by combining moves," Landon replied, he had seen Ry battle before he knew Ry was strong, "Well anyway time to get my Pokemon for the Semi-Finals!" Landon ran off to make the exchange.

"It seems like this battle is hopeless. I see no way I'm going to beat you. I'm still not ready for this stage. I give up." Yannick said looking at the ground with tears in his eyes.

"Aren't you a real trainer! You've worked this hard, and the battle isn't over! I can't accept you giving up." Ry shouted across the battlefield. His fists were clenched tightly.

((OOC @TeamPlasmaAdminLazuli here is the try of our battle, so we don't get lost please tag me in your responses))

BIC
“Harmony finish it with seismic toss!” yelled Ajax as his Chancey raced forward lifting his opponents already badly poisoned Aurorus high onto its shoulders before jumping high into the air and throwing it down onto the badly cratered battlefield before,
“And with that Ajax secures his place in the third round against Luca! With another three v one sweep” yelled the announcer as Ajax’s opponent Cliff returned his Pokémon and left the arena.

---one hour later---

“Here’s your Chancey back Mr Xavier, she’s in tip top shape now” chirped Nurse Joy as she handed Ajax a shinnying Pokèball
“thank you” replied the boy as he took the ball and exited the poke-centre crossing the street to the hotel he was staying in for the duration of the tournament. Ajax entered his hotel room and laying down upon the neatly made bed
"Ok, let's see Luca, what secrets can I learn about you and your team" said Ajax thinking aloud as he pulled out his laptop and set to work researching his opponent

---the next day---

Ajax entered the stadium as the crowd roared with excitement, apparently he was a fan favourite to win
"Let's start this battle right away gentlemen! Choose your Pokémon and make your move" yelled the announcer as Ajax approached the pedestal
"Go Excalibur start off with substitute!" Yelled Ajax eager to begin setting up for the battle, an aegislash appeared in a flash of light letting out an enthusiastic cry before glowing slightly and being replaced by a large fluffy doll, this move was a common choice as an starting move for Ajax to lead off a battle with. Excalibur was known as being a very tough opponent to face even without the added protection from a substitute

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
((OOC @Frontier Master sure BIC))

Luca then entered the stadium with a somewhat troubled look on his face. He observed the Aegislash and knew what to do.
"Go Minior, Use Stealth Rock!" Luca said while throwing Minior's pokeball. Minior apppeared in a flash and then suddenly spun around quickly. Pointed Rocks were getting thrown all over the field as Minior spun. Minior then slowly stopped. Pointed Rocks were now floating all over the plain terrain.

"You set up so I might as well too," Luca told his opponent.

(@TeamPlasmaAdminLazuli

"I like your style kihd, Excalibur use flash cannon!" the fluffy doll disappered as the aegislash launched its shield high into the air before catching it again in its left hand, following this the pokemon charged and launched a blinding attack toward the minior while it was still floating in place following its stealth rock, as bright grey beam thundered toward the rock-flying type Excalibur disappeared and was once again replaced by the fluffy substitute doll

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
(@Frontier Master)

Minior was terrible at dodging unless it was in core form so it took the flash cannon, It was super effective but the armour like shell did not break.
"Minior use Power Gem to destroy the substitute!" Luca exclaimed. Luca knew it wasn't very effective on a ghost/steel type but he knew he couldn't do much else until he got rid of the substitute. Suddenly, small Rocks appeared around Minior. The Rocks shot lazer like beams at the substitute doll. Luca was eager to win.

"I see no reason to keep on fighting. Your Sceptile is way stronger than mine and Honchkrow can barely scratch Togekiss. I don't want my friends to feel unnecessary pain. I'm sorry Ry. Maybe another time in a different region." Yannick replied depressed as he called Honchkrow back and left the arena. 'Well played idiot. Now you are not only a looser but a coward too.' he thought.

@TeamPlasmaAdminLazuli

"King shield!" Yelled Ajax preempting the attack, aegislash appeared again to put up a protective barrier before disappearing again behind the substitute doll, the beams collided with the barrier reflecting off in all directions before disappearing along with the barrier
"Flash cannon again!"

Landon stared in shock at the screen, 'Come on Ry don't let this happen' he thought to himself. He looked at a different screen to see another battle going on between two trainers named Ajax and Luca. "Man there are some strong trainers here at the Sinnoh League," Landon commented to his Pokemon, they nodded in response, Landon turned to Ry's battle. Lyra walked next to him and patted him on the back, "Don't worry, Ry wouldn't let anyone walk out on a battle with him, well from what I've heard at least," she replied giving a confident and cheery smile, "Now how about I help you train," Lyra took out a Pokeball and sent out an Azumarill, and walked across from him to do some battling.

As the announcer was about to announce Ry's victory, a loud "STOP" filled the arena. "Give me 10 minutes. I refuse to let my opponent forfeit. It's not the way I battle." Ry shouted as he ran off in the direction of Yannick.

"Listen, I don't know you, but I know you're a trainer. And that's all I need to know. You need to keep fighting. Type match ups don't matter. They don't decide matches. What decides matches is your spirit and the bond you and your Pokemon share. Don't give up. I'm not allowing it." Ry said, as soon as he caught up to Yannick.

Yannick refused to look at Ry's eyes. "There is a reason and I can't tell you what it is but I can't keep on fighting this way. I will go on another journey to train. At the moment my team and I are no opponents for you and your team. Let me tell you one last thing. You will get a rematch." he turned around and started walking again.

"It won't be a rematch, if there never wad a match!" Ry said. "It will be our first match."

He then let Yannick leave, not because he wanted to let him leave, but because there was no convincing someone who made up their mind. He returned back to the stadium with a heavy head. The announcers screamed his name, saying he won but the boy felt lost.

He exited the arena, and walked to a battlefield after healing his team. He sat cross legged in the dirt and closed his eyes tightly.

Landon watched the battle and saw the result of it, "Lyra I'll be right back!" Landon called as he ran off. Landon finally found Ry sitting in the middle of a battlefield, "Hey Ry, you okay?" Landon asked as he sat next to him, "Sorry about your battle, you both did great either way," Landon patted him on the back trying to be supportive.

"It's pretty stupid. People shouldn't just give up. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. It just matters you give it your all, and you don't give up, despite the circumstances. I always battle like that, but there are people who don't. It's messed up." Ry said opening his eyes and shaking his head. "It doesn't matter and I need to move on. I have another battle to win. The right way this time." He stood up and stretched his arms.

"Well whoever you face next I wish you the best of luck," Landon wished as he got up and looked around, "We got some time to kill before the next round how about a battle?" Landon requested. Lyra came running over to where Ry and Landon were, "I just saw what happened, I sorry Ry," Lyra commented as she arrived.

"It's cool, I'm good," Ry said waving at Lyra's arrival. "But yeah, Landon, let's have a one on one battle. We haven't battled for a while, so let's go."

June dashed over beside Lyra. "Do you're Landon's friend. Well its nice to meet you," she said sticking her hand out for a handshake.

"You must be June, pleasure," Lyra shook her hand with a smile, "I've heard great things about you." Landon took his spot on the field and took out a Pokeball, "Alright Go Spi-" "Wait!" Lyra cut him off as she took out a Pokeball and threw it to him and winked. Landon looked at the Pokeball and understood what Pokeball it was, Landon threw Lyra Spike's Pokeball for the time being, "Go!" Landon cried as he threw the Pokeball hoping it was what he thought. The Pokeball burst open and an Empoleon was standing tall and proud, "Ready Mizu?" Landon asked, Mizu nodded in response.

"Well if you got Mizu, I'll run with a classic choice. Go Fuego!" Ry shouted as he sent out his partner. The fire monkey stretched his arms and struck an offensive pose. Ry mimicked the pose, and gave a grin. "Okay Landon, you start things off."

June smiled. "That last match was pretty bad for him. He hates battles without spirit, while most trainers would be happy for the easy win." She said.

"Mizu, Metal Claw!" Landon shouted, Mizu dive at Fuego with Metal Claw constantly swinging at Fuego trying to hit it's mark, 'Ry's strong so I can't let my guard down one bit' Landon thought to himself as he watched Mizu attack, he didn't notice his hand was moving like Mizu's fins.

"The same with Landon, he enjoys battles with lots of heat and hates to battle anyone who gives up or feels like quitting," Lyra replied as she watched the battle, "So how did you and Ry meet?"

"I don't think you wanna go physical with Fuego here." Ry said laughing. "Mach Punch."

Fuego charged forward and raised his fist, that glowed with a soft white light. He parried a swipe from Mizu and aimed one right towards the Empoleon's jaw.

"When he was a budding trainer, he challenged Fantina, and lost bad. He also had made a bet with her to enter a contest if he lost. And that's where I met him. He was my rival for a contest, and I stomped the floor with him. We went our different ways and met up later." June explained. "What about with Landon?"

Fuego's Mach Punch hit hard but Mizu shook it off, "Hey Ry, I think I'll take a page out of your book," Landon smiled, "Ice Metal Claw!" Mizu began spinning and shot an Ice Beam along with Metal Claw, when it stopped Mizu had two Ice Claws on it's fins.

"I met Landon when he travelled to Johto, we were both trainers at the time so we battle my Marill took down his Cyndaquill easily but he never gave up, even when the odds were against him," Lyra replied as she watched the battle, "I guess that's one of the traits I admire about him, because when we battled in the Johto League I had a meltdown, Landon was someone I really cared about and I didn't want to stop his dream but I didn't want to lose," Lyra got lost in her thoughts as she talked, "He told me to fight with everything I had and to have no regrets, after the Johto League I asked if he'd be my boyfriend," Lyra laughed, she turned to June, "I assume you two do a lot of travelling together."

"Okay, now it's my turn to kick it up a notch," Ry said, "use Thunder Mach Punch!" Fuego grinned and his fists glowed with a pale white light and then were surrounded in with crackling yellow electricity. "Let's Tango," Ry said, as Fuego charged and fired a few rapid punches at various points.

June gave a laugh. "Honestly he hasn't gotten the hint yet. He's pretty oblivious. He travels more than I do, because I mainly help out at a Coordinator School up in Snowpoint. Boys are just so stubborn sometime though," she said shrugging.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
"Use Power Gem once more!" Luca yelled. Both beams ran into each other creating an explosion. Luca was amazed at the strength of the two moves.
"Now, Use Earthquake," Luca cried. The ground then suddenly began to move violently.

@TeamPlasmaAdminLazuli

"Flash cannon again while it's still attacking!" Yelled jake as aegislash fire it's attack directly at Minior while it was still using its attack, the earthquake quickly took effect and badly damaged the substitute leaving it within threads of its remaining strength

Last edited:
"Block it!" Landon cried in response. Mizu quickly switched from attacking to defense and began blocking the Thunder Mach Punch using the ice on it's fins, swinging them to parry the attacks or potitioning them like a shield, 'Now I just need to find an opening' Landon thought to himself as he watched carefully.

"Yeah sometimes they can be," Lyra commented as she watched the battle, "Teaching at a Coordinator School sounds fun, personally I work with Professor Rowan and help him with his research."

"Let's go with some brute force shall we? Fuego, Flame Wheel!" Ry shouted as Fuego began to spin, trying to break through Mizu's defenses and go for a powerful strike.

"I've heard a lot about Rowan. He studies Evolutions right? Must be pretty fun." June commented.

"Grab it now!" Landon shouted Mizu took the Flame Wheel head on and grabbed hold of Fuego while being engulfed in flames from the Flame Wheel, "Hang in there Mizu, and use an Aquatic Seismic Toss!" Landon cried, Mizu looked straight up and propelled the two of them using Aqua Jet to get high up into the air, Mizu quickly turned to a nose dive and began plummeting straight towards the ground.

"Yeah, Rowan studies evolution and it's fun to see when new information is discovered about evolution, such as the way a Pokemon evolves or what they evolve it or from, but that means I don't do a lot of travelling," Lyra explained, "So I assume you are a coordinator, how's that?"

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
@Frontier Master

Minior looked fine for a moment when taking that flash cannon but then it's shell began to crumble. His Sheilds Down ability was taking effect.

"Quickly, use Shell smash!" Luca yelled. The rest of Minior's shell was pushed away, revealing a Violet coloured core. Minior's defences then dropped but as usual, it's attack, and speed increased.

"Use Power Gem!" Luca said with a smile. Minior used power gem however it looked a lot stronger than before.

"Excalibur let's step this up a notch use Supreme Flash cannon now while its shields are down!" Yelled Ajax as Excalibur raced around the field firing a barrage of grey energy blasts toward minior and its power gems, the two waves of attacks collided as the flash canons quickly took down the power gen stones before focusing there attention on Minior, unfortunately Excalibur had failed to notice one final power gen which struck the substitute destroying it.

Fuego hit the dirt hard, and quickly rolled out of the way. "Let's go with a Flamethrower, shall we," Ry said. Fuego rose to his feet and breathed super heated flames that charged at Mizu.

"Yeah, I'm a Coordinator. My goal is to become a top Coordinator and entertain people. I'm hoping to also try Pokemon showcases in the Kalos region." June said smiling.

Fuego's Flamethrower hit hard and dealt lots of damage to Mizu causing lots of damage, Mizu stumbled to the ground from the damage, it was getting tired, "Mizu!" Landon called out, Mizu called back and made eye contact, giving a nod, "Right, you're fine, use Metal Claw!" Mizu dove at Fuego and began swiping and slashing with Metal Claw.

"Well I wish you the best of luck on your journey to become Top Coordinator," Lyra commented as she watched the battle, "Well it seems Landon is really getting into the battle."

"Mach Punch!" Ry shouted as both him and Fuego moved in sync. Fuego charged with his fist raised. Fuego fired punch after rapI'd punch, blocking the majority of Mizu's attacks, while delivering his own.

"Thanks and I could say the same for Ry. When him and his Pokemon move in sync, they're really pumped." June commented pointing to Ry.