• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Sinnoh journey

*a few moments later* "you're quite the explorer Jarls" said Byron " I remember the old days taking Roark down here when he was a mere boy" Jarls still digging suddenly hit his tool onto something hard "no way" exclaimed Jarls as he moved the dirt off the object "you just struck gold Jarls, that right there is a skull fossil" byron said " I know it's exactly what I was looking for" "I've got to get back to the gym, you make sure to take that fossil back to oreburgh" "thanks for the help, I'll make sure to challenge you in the future" Jarls then proceeded to wander back through the underground halls

"Facade? But that means..." She looked up to see the gleaming orb, and chuckled. "You sly dog! Good one! But can you see, when everything is white?" Merkyury grinned. "Avalanche! On the terrain and you!" Snover was soon covered with snow and blended in to the surroundings, causing Gliscor to miss. "Now use mist!" She yelled out, and once again neither trainer nor pokemon could see where anything was.

"Hmph Gliscor Hide in the Snow and wait," Brendan told his Pokemon calmly, "You just helped me and Gliscor Thanks." Brendan Told Merkyury with a smile, "Now how will you see my Gliscor when it attacks?" Brendan said with slight laugh, Trying to taunt her to get her to attack blindly.

"Ha. Did you really think I didn't have a plan? Well if you did," She shrugged, "you guessed right. I never have a plan. But you are lying in the snow, and purple is really easy to see compared to white. So, Snover use wood hammer!" Snover opened its eyes in front of Gliscor and punched it squarely in the face to the other side of the battle field before camouflaging itself again and moving to a different location.

"Hah Clever Merkyury, but you forget we still have Double Team, so you could of hit us or you might not of, and have you forgotten the damage Snover takes from Wood Hammer? Well guess we'll just use hone claws in the mean time as we restore health." Brendan told Merkyury with a smile as he shook his head.

"Hmph. I'm aware. I personally didn't expect to win this battle to be honest." Merkyury grinned. "That's why I let Snover use ingrain to restore his health. Gliscor is very fast, and in contrast Snover is slower. But I'll have to call the big guns now. Snover," her eyes glinted darkly, "Sheer Cold." The temperature dropped by several degrees as the hail got heavier, pelting all the doubles and Gliscor into oblivion.

Jarls made his way back up to the surface where he originally entered. "Wow, you guys must be an equal match for the battle to last this long, I might have to get toxicroak to step in hahaha"

"Tch, Gliscor Quick dodge them and Finish this battle with a Guillotine!" Brendan yelled to his Pokemon with a determined look to finish this battle and win. " Hmph, But you haven;t realized yet that my Pokemon is healing, as well from its ability Poison Heal." Brendan told the confused Merkyury.

"I expected this. When Gliscor gets close, use Ice Beam and Blizzard. And what kind of gym leader would I be if I didn't know that?" Merkyury watched as Snover faced Gliscor and blasted a beam of ice as it got hit, and both pokemon fell to the ground. "Snover return. You did great." She grinned at her fainted pokemon.

"Heh Finally took out your first Pokemon," Brendan told the Grinning Merkyury, "Gliscor return," he recalled his fainted Pokemon, "You were the best even at the disadvantage Gliscor, So Merkyury you brought me down to my last Pokemon you ready to be finished by my most powerful Pokemon?" Brendan asked Merkyury with a determined grin.

"Sure. Do your best. Luxray, show them your power." Merkyury grinned, and threw out her second pokemon. A roar filled the arena as her Luxray cane out, clawing the slightly wet ground where the snow had melted after the creator had fainted.

Brendan laughed "this will be fun, Sceptile show em what power really means!" Then the green dinosaur like Pokemon at is side jumped onto the field "Sceptile!!!" Brendan's Sceptile Roared. "Sceptile use Energy Ball on the ground!" as the green energy formed in a ball and was launched from Sceptile's mouth and upon contact with the ground dust exploded making it nearly imposible to see.

The diminutive-sized Ampharos was still in the Pokémon Center, as she was busy jotting down some notes in her notebook. She was oblivious to the other trainers that left the Pokémon Center earlier. She finished writing her notes, as she closed her notebook and walked out of the Pokémon Center. The orb on her tail glew along with the glimmering forenoon light; as she attempted to clear her body from the excess accumulation of electricity.

She heard some trainers off in the distance, as she quietly walked towards a field where some of them battled. She quickly scurried off towards a bush when there was suddenly an exploding cloud of dust from an energy ball! She stayed hidden in the bush, as she was afraid of the dust cloud; fearing that the intense fight could soon jeopardize her safety.

"Luxray use flash!" Luxray's eyes brightened, allowing it to see clearly through the dust. "Iron tail! At sceptile!" From the dust cloud, Merkyury was pleased to hear a thud before Sceptile flew up and landed on the ground. Merkyury laughed. "Luxray's have excellent vision, so dust is not a problem, but I'm sure you have other tricks up your sleeve, eh?"

"Hahaha," Brendan laughed out loud, "I wasn't worried about you being able to see, I knew Luxrays have powerful eyesight," rendan said with a grin "Now Sceptile use Synthesis then Energy Ball!" His green partner pokemon gathered energy around him healing any health lost from the last attack,, and now a green sphere of energy flew from its mouth right into Luxrays face.

"Iron tail! Deflect it!" Merkyury yelled, and Luxray's tail collided with the energy ball and deflected it into a tree. "Huh. It looks like it's going to storm." Merkyury commented, before going back to battle mode. "Use charge now!"

"Cool," Tim grinned, "I remember battling you. But I didn't remember that you had a Sceptile. My Sceptile, Scepter, is back in Hoenn. But Aipom can take you."

"Alright," Tim grinned, "Go Aipom!"
Aipom leapt onto the battlefield.
"Start this battle with a Thunder Punch"
Aipom reared back, and flew forward, his fist crackling with lightning.

"Eh," Tim shrugged, "I'm fine with Aipom."
Suddenly Chimchar came up from the ground and slammed into Aipom. Aipom fainted.
"Or maybe we're not," Tim sighed, picking up Aipom, "Where does the professor live?"

"Twinleaf Town," Tim nodded, "I've heard of that. So, uh, how do we get there? And where's the Pokemon Center in this city? Aipom is pretty banged up."
Aipom slowly opened his eyes.
"But lucky for me, Aipom is a fighter," Tim smiled warmly at Aipom.

Tim hopped on the bus with Ethan.
"I hope I didn't take you away from something important," Tim said, "It's just that after my attempt at becoming the champion of Johto and failing, I've been anxious to get back into the swing of things. You feel me? I wanna really be a champ one day."

Sparkle heard a bus coming towards an area nearby, as she quietly got on the bus; knowing that it was going to Twinleaf Town from what she heard from the other Trainers. She quietly sat in the seat behind the other Trainers, as she stayed silent. She did not want to get any attention from the Trainers, as her miniscule size would draw up a huge questioning spree if she were to even spit out a word. She opened her notebook and jotted down some notes; plotting her thoughts and events onto the blank page.

"Right," Tim nodded, smiling.
Finally, the bus arrived at Twinleaf Town. Tim immediately healed Aipom at the Pokemon Center. Then, he told Ethan he was going to go to the Professor's Lab.
Tim walked into the small lab. A bulky man stood by a table in the back.
"Professor Rowan?" Tim asked, and the man looked up, "I'm here to get a Pokemon."
"You're late," Rowan grunted, "Turtwig was just taken by a trainer moments ago. I do have one Pokémon that happened to show up though."
"Is it, by chance, a Pikachu?" Tim asked.
Rowan laughed, "Nope. Here is the little guy."
Rowan lifted a Bidoof from under the table.
"You're kidding," Tim said.
"Take it or leave it."
Tim sighed, "I'll take it."
So, Tim left the lab with a Bidoof.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Name: Beckett
Appearance: Short Black Hair, White T-Shirt with the 3 Unova Starters on the front, Denim Shorts
Team: Snivy, Munna,
Home region: Unova

Last edited:
"Considering you two are in the heat of battle I'll train my pokemon" Jarls threw out his gabite " okay gabite let's do what me and toxicroak showed you earlier, it'll take a while to do but we need practice" Jarls walked over to the nearest tree "gabite, knock this tree down with one dragon claw" the dragons arm glowed as it hit the trunk of the great oak, as hard as the hit was it didn't break the tree. However it did show to have damaged it. " good work, how ever we'll need to work on it. Perhaps toxicroak shall show you on this other tree" Jarls sent out his beloved pokemon he started his journey with when it was a mere croagunk. " toxicroak, poison jab on this tree" with one swift strike the obedient pokemon struck the tree. The creatures strike had sent splinters everywhere, and left a tree broken in half

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Beckett arrived at Verity Lake with a big smile on his face. "I have just started my journey again!" Beckett Thought in his mind. He purposley went this way instead of going to Sandgem town first because Beckett heard a rumour that rare pokemon lived there. Beckett casually walked untill he spotted a strange Pink Pokemon. He took out the Pokedex and scanned it from far away... The Pokedex said "Shellos, the sea slug Pokemon. Its colors and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed." He took out a pokemon and threw it and to his suprise he caught it. He screamed in delight! He caught his first Sinnoh Pokemon! He sent out Shellos, "Shel! Shellos!!" Shellos Said. Beckett put Shellos on his shoulder as he made his way out of the Verity Lake area and started to head to Sandgem Town.

Last edited:
"Alright Sceptile get in as close as you can but hold of on the attacks and dodge all their's" Brendan told his Pokemon, Sceptile dashed across the field ocasionally jumping onto a tree and pushing of for more speed. Once Sceptile was close enough it started running in circles around Luxray covering him in dirt and dust to nullify any Electric type attacks Luxray might use on Sceptile. "Now Close Range, Dragon Pulse!" Brendan yelled in excitement.

"Iron tail on the ground to get momentum so you can hit Sceptile! When you get close enough use fire fang!" Merkyury yelled, prepared to make sacrifices. Her pokemon would last the hit, but the bite would definitely inflict serious damage, she calculated. She watched Sceptile blast the move as Luxray bit it with its flaming mouth and grinned in excitement.

"Now while its distracted use brick break, then follow with a energy ball don't let it get you!" Brendan called out Sceptile swiftly dodged the fire fang and powered up the brick break and threw the punch right towards the back of Luxray's head

"Uh, yeah," Tim nodded nervously. Suddenly, Bidoof sprang out of his Pokeball, and bonked his head against Ethan's leg.
"I got a Bidoof," Tim sighed. This was not a good start.