• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Sinnoh journey

"Yeah right," Tim sighed, "But I might as well train him."
So, Tim ran to a nearby grassy patch on Route 202, and started searching for wild Pokemon. Finally, he spotted a Pokemon. But it was a Bidoof. Rolling around in its own poop. Then, he saw a spark. A Shinx! Tim sent out Bidoof.
"Use Rollout!" Tim yelled. Bidoof looked at him in confusion. He didn't know how to use Rollout. "Use Bite!" Another confused look. "Tackle?"
Bidoof charged at Shinx. Shinx nimbly leapt out of the way, and sent sparks at Bidoof. Bidoof froze up. Bidoof was paralyzed.
"Come on Bidoof!" Tim groaned, "Try to use Tackle."
Bidoof couldn't move. Shinx charged, and bit Bidoof. Bidoof fainted. Tim returned Bidoof to his Pokeball, and sent out Aipom.
"Alright Aipom, use Double Hit!" Tim ordered, smiling. Tim loved Aipom. Aipom leapt up, and cut through the air towards Shinx. Shinx sent a bolt of lightning, but Aipom used his tail as a pogo-stick to dodge the lightning. He then vaulted back up in the air, and came down on Shinx with a loud thud. Shinx collapsed. Tim threw a Pokeball at Shinx. Shinx entered the Pokeball. It shook once. Twice. It clicked.
"I caught a Shinx!" Tim beamed, grabbing the Pokeball. He ran back to Ethan, "Ethan! I caught a Shinx!"

"Okay, so should we head to Oreburgh City?" Tim asked, "After we heal our Pokemon of course."
Aipom danced on his shoulder happy, to be starting the journey in Sinnoh.

" Sure sounds great." Ethan said as Chimchar and Shinkpractice their battling in the background.
" I've heard the Oreburgh gym is a rock type gym so that means I'll have the disadvantage." Ethan explained worriedly.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Beckett was heading to Oreburgh City to battle the gym when he found a Shinx and Chimchar. He had never seen them before. He decided to approach them.
"Hi, Do you two have a trainer?" Beckett asked the two Pokemon.

"At least you don't have a freaking Bidoof," Tim sighed, "But I still have Aipom and Shinx. But Shinx won't do anything against Rock Pokémon. I guess I should train."
So, Tim and Ethan headed to Oreburgh City, battling Pokémon as they went.

Name: Zinnia
Appearance: Zinnia has light brown hair with a pink fedora, a green skirt, purple cardigan with black tanktop and flip flops.
Team: Meganium, Florges, Whimsicott, and Tropius
Home region: Johto
Other: She loves flowers! In fact, she's named after one!

Zinnia was picking flowers in her backyard and happened to see a Chimchar and a trainer. "Hm..." She said. Whimsicott and Meganium was beside her. "Hey guys, those guys look tough. Stay away." They both nodded and walked a little far away.

" Oh hi these are my Pokemon Shinx and Chimchar, Oh yeah wanna battle." Ethan asked excitedly.
" Wait hold on one second." He went to bring back one of his old his old Pokemon, Sceptile.

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Beckett ran into the Oreburgh Mine, hoping to find Rorak, the Gym Leader. Becket went through the mine and eventaully found Rorak at the deepest section of the mine. Luckily, Rorak was just finishing up the minng anyway so he agreed to battle Beckett when he goes to the gym. Beckett smiled as he left. Beckett then sat down to think about how he was going to beat Rorak. He thought it would actually be easy because his starter Snivy, was a grass type and his Shellos is a water type which is super effective against rock types but he still was certain Rorak had some tricks up his sleeve. Beckett was just about to challenge the gym when some team Galatic grunts blocked his way.
He sent out his Munna and Snivy. Team Galactic however, had 3 Croagunks and 2 Skoropis.

"Could someone help me please," Beckett called out.

"Who's this Ethan?" Tim asked, looking down at the girl planting flowers. Aipom jumped down to assist in the flower planting. Turtwig used Synthesis and directed sunlight towards the plants. Shinx just kept Bidoof away from the flowers.

Whimsicott backed away from the Aipom and Turtwig. Confused, Meganium tilted her head. "I'm Zinnia." She said, ironically planting some zinnias in her garden. Whimsicott finally understood Tim's pokemon meant no harm and continued planting. Meganium offered to give Bidoof a ride on her head. Tropius was sent out to plant an apple tree.

"Hey Sceptile," Tim smiled, "I've got a Sceptile named Scepter back in Hoenn. Maybe you two can meet one day."
Off a ways, Bidoof was enjoying his ride on Meganium. Suddenly, a Staraptor swooped down from above and gripped Bidoof in its talons. Bidoof shrieked. Tim heard Bidoof's cry. Sure he didn't like Bidoof too much, but he had a responsibility to take care of him.
"Guys, Bidoof is in trouble," Tim said. Overhead, Staraptor flew by carrying Bidoof.
Aipom looked at Tim. Tim nodded. Aipom curled up into a ball. Tim scooped up Aipom, and threw him. When he got close to Staraptor, Aipom sprang out of his ball form, and grabbed Bidoof. They started to fall.
"Someone needs to catch Aipom and Bidoof!" Tim cried out, running to try to catch them with his hands. But they were too heavy. It wouldn't work. He needed help from Ethan and Zinnia.

Zinnia sighed. "Okay, well luckily my Tropius is flying type." Tropius flew after the Staraptor, heading up to it. It used Solar Beam on the Staraptor. Bidoof fell out of the Staraptor's talons and Tropius caught it and flew it back down safely. Meganium caught Aipom, too. Keeping them safe.

Name: Richard (Dick)
Appearance: Not too long and not too short brown hair. He wears jeans, white T-shirt and jacket. He has white sport shoes and blackglasses
Team: Riolu, Mantyke
Home region:Hoenn
Other:He hates being at his home, so he often travels

"Thanks Zinnia!" Tim sighed in relief. He hugged Aipom, and gave Bidoof a weary look. He reluctantly hugged Bidoof as well. He headed to the Gym to get his first badge and take his mind off of Bidoof.

" Hey Tim wait up I've gotta get my badge too ya know." Ethan ran and caught up,
" But to be honest I don't have any Pokemon too deal with this gym besides Sceptile but he's too strong for the first gym battle."

"I'll wish you luck anyways," Tim laughed, sending Turtwig onto the rocky terrain that separated him and Roark. Roark sent out Cranidos.
"Welcome to the Oreburgh City gym," Roark smiled mischievously, as if he thought Tim would be an easy opponent to beat. But Tim had already competed in the Hoenn League. A gym battle should be easy.
"Turtwig use Solarbeam!" Tim called out. Turtwig began absorbing light. Cranidos charged in and smashed Turtwig across the field. Turtwig hopped up and unleashed the solar power. Cranidos flew at Roark, and Roark barely ducked in time. Roark sent out his second Pokemon, Geodude. Turtwig destroyed it with a quick Razor Leaf. Onix was next up for Roark.
"Turtwig! Use Solarbeam!"
Turtwig began charging power, but Onix flung rocks onto Turtwig, blocking the sunlight. Then, Onix smashed the rocks with its massive tail. Turtwig fainted.
"Shoot," Tim said, recalling Turtwig. He sent out Aipom. Aipom dodged a few Tail Slaps from Onix, then defeated it with a Focus Punch.
"Whoa, you're really good!" Roark beamed, walking over to shake Tim's hand. "Since you beat me- here's the Coal Badge!"
Tim gripped the Coal Badge tightly, and ran over to Ethan smiling.
"You're up E."

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Beckett somehow defeated the pokemon which Team Galatic owned. They ran away emotionless. Beckett ran to the Pokemon Center to heal his pokemon, and then Beckett ran back to the gym to challenge the gym to see to other boys in the Gym, one of them was holding the badge. Beckett walked over to the spectator's side and sat down, excited to challenge the gym.