• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Sinnoh journey

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
One liners, one liners everywhere. I'm starting to see a trend here, and I'm getting really tired of seeing the same names behind it all the time.

Also, referring you once again to the RP forum rules:

"Starting a new RP
To borrow a phrase from the world of tabletop role playing games, when you start an RP thread you take on the position of "Dungeon Master" - that is to say, it falls to you to describe the environment, the setting and your character's place in it in sufficient detail - and to create an opening for another player to come in. It is virtually impossible for people to join a new topic if they have absolutely nothing to go on - so, if you are not ready for that kind of a commitment due to lack of time/energy/effort or other reasons, do not start new RP threads.

Also, remember - we do our RPing in story format. Ergo, write a sufficiently long post that is at least a few paragraphs long. if a prospective player looks at your introduction and thinks "Is that all you've got?", you are clearly doing it wrong.

A note on "Sign-Up" Posts: It is general consensus that sign-up posts (that is brief blurbs describing a setting vaguely followed by a 'post your characters here!' type thing) are unnecessary wastes of space that serve no purpose but to hold an RP thread down - and do not count as valid introduction posts. Therefore, they are not to be posted on the Pokémon Role Play Forum. If you wish to discuss the manner of details usually dealt with in this manner, please use the PRP Discussion board or Private Messages. All character bios should be posted on the PRP Discussion board as well, either within a topic specifically created for your RP or the Mainstream PRP Characters Bios topic."

Look at the first post. What does this look like? That's right. a Sign-up post. Too many threads in the RP forum start like this, and 95% of them end up closed. That is because this is not how you are supposed to start threads here. An introduction post with no RP content is NOT a valid introduction post. Similarly, look at Merkyury168's first post. It is a character bio. With no RP content. At all. Where do these belong? That's right. The discussion board. A post in the RP thread with no RP content is not a post that belongs in the RP boards!

And furthermore, TheShinyRaichu, what on Earth does would have to do with anything? Third person, PAST tense, STORY FORMAT. Future tense doesn't even make sense.

Also, some of the characters are way too OP. You're no regional champions, kids. That is an official title, a job description in a sense, and it's quite established as belonging to canonical characters. RPs are not the games. You don't just steamroll through the Elite Four and the Regional Champions. They are several levels above your pay grade. That is not to say that you couldn't have defeated a league tournament or two - but think of it more as in the anime's interpretation of the league conferences. You can become a champion of an individual one, but that only gives you a chance to schedule battles with the E4 and the regional champion, and they're most likely going to steamroll you unless you're VERY experienced trainers. Definitely not some random 14 year old.

And finally. It's hilarious when you say "No one-liners" in your thread instructions but proceed to make single-line posts anyway.

I could go on forever but I think you get the point. So - I'm going to give this thread one last chance to shape up. If it fails to do that, it will be shut down.

Last edited:
Brendan was walking through the woods, when he then heard people talking. He slowly moved towards the noise as a silent Sceptile travels next to him. He comes to a clearing and sees two trainers he watched fight n the Hoenn League, and a girl walking away from the boys. Brendan walks over to the two boys to ask for a battle.

"Wait... what am I doing?" Merkyury laughed to herself. "I literally just abandoned Stardust there just to see an ampharos. Now that's not very nice of me." Merkyury glanced at the ampharos before turning back, and saw another boy walking to the group. She waved to catch the new guy's attention before walking to him. "Heya! Who are you? Are you new to Sinnoh too?"

"Oh, Hey!" Brendan said to the girl, as he started to walk towards her "My names Brendan, and yeah I'm fairly new to the Sinnoh region, but not that new, I came here a about two month's ago," Brendan told the girl as he approached her.

"Oh cool! I'm Merkyury. Are you here for the Hearthome badge? It's full of ghost types." Merkyury scrunched her face and stuck out her tongue. "Gives me the shivers every single time. And I go there a lot." Merkyury grinned, looking at Brendan. "Of course, you could always be a coordinator, but the next contest happens in another month. But enough with the cities sights. What are you here for?"

"Nice to meet you, Merkyury!" Brendan said with a laugh, I'm actually here to challenge my self and enter the league I'm a friend of Ash Ketchum and we had planned to meet in the League here but first I need to collect all eight badges." Brendan told the slightly older girl with a grin. "What are you doing here in Sinnoh?" He asked Merkyury.

"Hmm? I was born here, and I decided that I would go and foster a closer bond with a few of my pokemon. After all, trust is important between trainer and pokemon, and I am currently a gym leader in training. But as for why I'm in Hearthome, I had to deliver something to Fantine earlier." Merkyury grinned. "So I'm guessing you're going to Oreburgh City too, eh?"

"No actually I'm off to the Veilstone Gym I just came back to say hi to one of my friends in Twinleaf town," Brendan told Merkyury. Then an idea popped in his head, "Hey I know how about a Pokemon Battle it'll be great practice for both of us! How bout 3 on 3?"

"Sure! You're on!" Merkyury grinned before catching a glance at the dark look on Nurse Joy's face. "But obviously not here. I know that there's an open field nearby, so let's go there." She said before hollering over the boys and Stardust who were potentially going to Oreburgh City, "Hey we'll be at the field west of the city. No way you can miss it."

" Hmph, Sounds good to me, I'll meet you their" Brendan Replied with the a smirk on slowly spreading over his face. "Just let me grab a few things first, and I'll be right over," Brendan went over to Nurse Joy to get his Pokemon's health restored then went to the Pokemart.

As he went to the pokemart, Merkyury walked to the field, grinning to herself. Many had told her that she looked rather intense when she grinned, as if she was mad, but she didn't care. She sat herself on the field and took out an apple to eat while waiting for Brendan.

Brendan exited the Pokemart, and looked over towards the field and smirked as he headed towards that direction, when he made to the field he found Merkyury, and smiled he walked towards her and stop half way giving enough room between them for their Pokemon to battle, He looked up and locked eyes with Merkyury "You ready!" Brendan asked.

"Always. She grinned. "A 3 on 3 battle, and only until the pokemon is knocked out." She recited from memory, before taking out her first pokemon. "Snover! You're first!" Instantly a blizzard happened, and their terrain responded by covering itself with a layer of snow. Both her pokemon and her looked confident.

"Heh alright a Snover haven't seen one of those yet, alright! Riolu Show Em what we Got! Brendan called out as he through the Black Luxury Ball across the field. "Riolu!" a small Blue Pokemon called out. "Hmph alright Riolu lets do this! Brendan Called out with his green eyes ablaze.

"Gehehe." Merkyury suddenly laughed out aloud, looking scarier then how she normally seemed as a dark shadow passed her face. "Snover, Ice Beam on the floor!" She yelled out, and both trainer and pokemon knew their strategy as the floor was covered with ice, covering the small fact that Snover had put his roots down without Merkyury telling him to do so. She chuckled as she watched the people around them slip and fall on the ice.

"Heh, People have tried that before but I can counter that one," Brendan told his opponent with a grin. "Riolu, Brick Break on the Ice!" Rio!" Riolu held up his fist as it charged up power in its fist then released it on the ice with powerful punch. The Ice Cracked and broke sending mist across the field. " Riolu use the mist as cover and hit Snover with a Mach Punch!" Brendan shouted with a huge smile.

"Protect!" Merkyury yelled, grinning back as Snover blocked the punch. "Good one. Keep forgetting fighting types have always been able to, say, break the ice, eh? But let's see how you deal with real mist and snow. Snover, use mist and avalanche!" Her grin widened, and Snover's mist was extremely thick and both trainers could barely see anything. Merkyury grinned as she heard Riolu's cry as it was covered under a pile of snow.

"Ugh, Riolu you alright!" Brendan yelled out to his young Pokemon. "Ri..Olu.." The young blue Pokemon called out to his trainer "Alright hang in their!" Brendan called out to his Pokemon, " Riolu use Copycat!" as the mist got thicker another roaring Avalanche right above Snover.
(GoldGrovyle stop using one liners so this isn't shut down.)

(OOC Also Merkyury is sixteen, so yes she has been to the pokemon league, which is not unreasonable. BIC)

"No offense, but Snover is a snow type, so that doesn't really hurt him. Snover! As we trained! Ice Beam on the floor again!" This has been her strategy. First make them slip, then make them immobile. She smirked as Riolu's cry told her that the ice had reached its foot, and it couldn't move. "Wood Hammer!"

(Whoops, sorry but I guess Riolu can't learn Mach Punch so instead of Mach Punch its gonna be Force Palm)

"Riolu No!" Brendan Called out as he watched the attack get closer and closer to his Pokemon. "Hmph you leave me no choice, Riolu, Vacuum Wave!" Brendan Shouted to his Riolu. "RIOLU!" his pokemon cried out releasing scythes of energy from his body but it was to late the attack hit but gave just enough time for Vacuum Wave to hit.

"Ah come on. That hurt a lot. Good thing that Snover has been using ingrain this whole time, eh?" Merkyury grinned, as her snover still stood in thr middle of the chaos. "Now snover! Wood hammer again!"

"Tch" Brendan Mumbled as he quickly found a solution "Riolu! Use Copycat!" Brendan told Riolu, "We can't beat her Snover like this so deal as much damage as you can!" Brendan slowly grinned as the greatest Idea popped in his head.

Merkyury noticed his grin and knew he was up to something. "Snover! Use protect as much as possible and hail to deal some more damage using the weather." She yelled, and the snow storm got heavier as Snover did as she asked. She thought for a while before her grin got wider. "Snover! Use wood hammer on the ground!" As the punch landed, shards of ice flew up and cut at Riolu.

Aipom did a little dance on Tim's head.
"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Aipom's doing pretty well," Tim laughed, pulling Aipom off of his head, "And you? How are you doing Ethan?"

When the mist cleared Riolu was laying on the ground passed out. " Heh, Good Job Riolu, Return," Brendan called back his Pokemon and looked at the field which was covered in mist which helped Brendan with his plan. "Gliscor show em your power!" Brendan Called out. A Purplish black Pokemon appeared with two pinchers and a long tail like a scorpion almost like a bat. "Alright Gliscor use Hone Claws then follow up with Double team!"

"A gliscor? Their weakness is ice and water. So..." Merkyury grinned. "Ice Beam!" Snover blasted a beam of ice towards Gliscor, knowing that it would probably miss.

Name: Jarls
Appearance: Brown hair, wearing a sleek brown trench coat and black military style pants, his shirt is a simple white one.
Team: Toxicroak, gabite, Growlithe*now an Arcanine*,
Home region: sinnoh
Other: Although he started his journey late, he dedicates hours upon hours of tice to training his team. Shy

Hearing a commotion nearby, Jarls heads towards the noise of what seemed to be a battle. Drawing closer he soon realised a small group of fellow trainers witch seemed to have just begun a battle. Being shy Jarls took a while but introduced himself, "hello fellow trainers, I'm Jarls. I heard some commotion and made my way over." Having just met these people he felt ashamed to ask, but for the sake of his journey he had to ask. "By any chance does has one of you acquired a fire stone you'd be willing to betrothe me?, my pal growlithe so desperately needs one, and we have not found one"

Last edited:
"Woah dude, you live in the baroque period or something?" Merkyury asked, slightly distracted as she let her Snover have full reign. "And you said a fire stone? Yeah, I have plenty. Found them in mount coronet. Catch." She grabbed one and tossed it to the boy.

"Thank you kindly, I actually have something to give in return" Jarls tossed a hunk of ice towards the girl. "It's called a never melt ice, I think your pal snover may find it of use, I'll let you two carry on while I tend to my growlithe." Jarls sent out his regal pokemon which obediently sat and awaited orders. " hey little guy I've got something for you" Jarls touched the stone to the small dogs forehead, as he did that an intense light shrouded growlithe, before he emerged in his new state.

"Hey wait a minute, that's an arcanine! And it looks like it's ready to-" The Arcanine sneezed and the snow in front of it melted. "-sneeze... oh well." Merkyury sighed, and watched Snover's ability replenish the area with more snow. "And thanks." She tossed the nevermelt ice to Snover, and the hail got fiercer.

(OOC. Sorry,I wasn't gettingr alerts fir this RP and didn't realise that people were still on. Just pretend that I had to go somewhere urgently and then I can back. BIC)

Stardust raced back into Hearthome City, her mother had just called her and she had to go home to take care of her little sister, Claire. When she found Merkyury, she saw her battling another trainer and a bunch of trainers that she didn't know around them. "Hey Merkyury! Sorry I had to leave so suddenly!" Stardust said.

"Helio Optilio!"

"Hah, Missed! Now Gliscor use Hone Claws and Double Team again! Brendan shouted, his Pokemon lit up with excitement knowing the stradgey now. AS Gliscor's Attack and Accuracy Rose, Gliscor made multiple figures of it self.

"Hey I've got something rather interesting, after this battle maybe we could all put it to good use" Jarls pulled an Explorer kit out of his bag " I've been meaning to find a skull fossil, and I figured what better a time than when you have company"

Merkyury grinned coldly at Brendan. "You set yourself up for this. Blizzard." The hail got so heavy around their battle as she watched gliscor get pelted by the ice shards. She noticed Stardust and replaced her grin with a warm smile. "Oh heya Stardust! You want to watch our battle?"

"Hmph, Clever, but not gonna be enough," Brendan Said with a smile now that my accuracy is at 3x Ill finish you with Guillotine! Gliscor Go! Brendan told his Gliscor. His Gliscor smiled with excitement being able to use its favorite move.

"You forget. Protect." Merkyury yawned as the attack was futile, blocked by the screen. She grinned as she realized Gliscor was in close range. "Ice Beam."

"Gliscor Fly Up don't let it hit, Then follow up with Facade! Brendan grinned for Merkyury had not noticed the badly poison condition his Gliscor had just developed from his Toxic Orb. And at the same time restored health that he lost from the Avalanche attack.

Too eager to wait any longer, Joshua made his way into the underground. "Now all I have to do is dig me up some fossils, but where to start" Jarls walked along the tunnels until he found a nice spot to dig, but to no avail. " blast, I do not need all these orbs. They're useless to my cause" continuing down the tunnel Jarls noticed something strange. Forgetting about the newly found friends up above he delved deeper into the system. "Hello" Jarls called out, he could now see a faint light in the distance.