• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny Poipole Event Revealed For UK/US

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Shiny Poipole event.jpg
A brand new event has been announced for owners of Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon. This event gives you the chance to get your hands on a Shiny Poipole.

To obtain the Pokémon you must first obtain a code from Smyths Toys stores in the UK between the 17th of September and the 15th of October. If you're in the US then you'll have to go to a nearby Gamestop store for a code where the event will be running from the 17th of September until the 7th of October. It's currently unknown if, when or how Canada will have access to the event. The details of Poipole are as follows:

Poipole
[type=poison][/type]
Level: 40
Ability: Beast Boost
Moves:
-Venom Drench
-Nasty Plot
-Poison Jab
-Dragon Pulse

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
/patiently waits for the Canadian news to drop while grumbling at the fact that it's level 40...

When will they finally get it through their heads that people actually would use these rare Pokémon within their in-game teams if we could simply obtain them at lower levels? It's not as if they could break competitive play when they're already banned by most rulesets. Much whining. ;_;

I dont live in the UK. This saddens me greatly. Also like another poster has said if they were given to us at low levels we could enjoy them in game. I often beat and restart my games to experiment with different pokemon. I also like doing mono runs. Grass types are one of my favorite and they are underrated so I am going to do a grass type run soon. I also plan to box the starter after I can obtain more grass types.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I dont live in the UK. This saddens me greatly. Also like another poster has said if they were given to us at low levels we could enjoy them in game. I often beat and restart my games to experiment with different pokemon. I also like doing mono runs. Grass types are one of my favorite and they are underrated so I am going to do a grass type run soon. I also plan to box the starter after I can obtain more grass types.

Which country do you live in? You still may be able to get a shiny Poipole. :)

If you live in Europe, you'll be able to receive it via a code in the Trainer Club newsletter. If you live elsewhere, it's currently unknown how you can get one but this is still fairly fresh news. More distributions in other locations are highly likely. Cross your fingers!

Which country do you live in? You still may be able to get a shiny Poipole. :)

If you live in Europe, you'll be able to receive it via a code in the Trainer Club newsletter. If you live elsewhere, it's currently unknown how you can get one but this is still fairly fresh news. More distributions in other locations are highly likely. Cross your fingers!

I just re-read it and saw US so I can get it (yay). What is a good nature for this mon you think?

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
I just re-read it and saw US so I can get it (yay). What is a good nature for this mon you think?

Although timid is better than modest, either works; Naive/hasty could work, but why'd you run a physical move on naganadel/poipole?

Last edited:
Shiny Poipole, GameStop, YES!!! MY DREAMS!!!

" It's currently unknown if, when or how Canada will have access to the event"

...well, thanks for stomping on my dreams Pokemon...

/patiently waits for the Canadian news to drop while grumbling at the fact that it's level 40...

When will they finally get it through their heads that people actually would use these rare Pokémon within their in-game teams if we could simply obtain them at lower levels? It's not as if they could break competitive play when they're already banned by most rulesets. Much whining. ;_;
THANK YOU!! I would absolutely love to put Poipole in my in-game team b/c it's one of my favorite Gen 7 pokémon, but the problem is that it's too high a level it'd feel wrong to use it early on in the game ;_;