• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shinies: First ever, ones you want, have seen, or own

My first shiny that I caught was a machop. The second was a Tauros. Those are the only two I've every seen in my game and they were both by accident (not actually looking for shinies). I also have a vulpix that someone traded me.

*Flash back*
"Hey Rachel, this Rhydon/horn is a weird color!"
"Catch it then!"
"Oops, it died."
"Oh well."
After restarting my Crystal Version and going through Victory Road, I remembered that my brother found a gold Rhydon the first time because he went there for me. As you can see, I did not get it. Mo'well.

Looking through some Pokémon's shiny colors, I realized I would really like a shiny:

Corsola
Zigzagoon
Wailord. I don't know why, I just think it'd be really cool to have a shiny Wailord...
Magnezone. They look so cool, but I don't even like Magnezones at all.
Finneon/Lumineon.
Chatot.
Minun.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. Never got near enough to any of the games to run into a shiny. ;-;

But there are ones that I want:

Porygon2 (It's bluuuee. BLUE)
Swellow (It's greeeeen)
Metagross line (Silver & gold ^^)
Eevee (Who didn't see this coming ;>>)
Ponyta
Magnectric
Zangoose

I envy you all and your ability to get shinies.T.T I simply have my red Gyrados to keep me company. ;_;

I think I shiny Zigzagoon would be pretty spiffy, though.^^ It's like..autumn colored. :3 And maybe a shiny Numel. Something about the blue on it I find cool.^^ But the blue on a shiny Umbreon is cool, too, so I guess i'd want that as well.^^;

I caught my first shiny a little while back in Diamond. I love the Blue Ponyta. Watching it run around the ranch is awesome, but it will never evolve. (Stupid gray flames.) Then I managed to find a Green Golbat in a ROM of crystal. Lastly, as it so happens, I had a 3 hour layover in friggin' Georgia, but I caught a green Marril, so maybe Georgia is lucky, but I doubt it.
I'd really like to have a shiny Absol. Those things just look creepy as hell.

C

Celadon

I would love to have a shiny Milotic. It looks so very pristine.
I have a shiny Linoone and a Shiny Banette, neither of which have yet managed to win a battle.

oh, and shiny Umbreon and Corsola sound cool , too.

I actually caught a shiny rayquaza in ruby, of course i did do the soft reset to get one but its still shiny. XD

Anyway my friend decided to borrow my ruby and you know what he did?

He reset it. >:( *sigh

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. Guess I have a lot to update here.

I'm a collector, so every chance I get to have a new shiny I jump at. As such, I now have many more than I did previously.

Along with my previously mentioned shinies and ones I caught/hatched myself (Milotic, Geodude, Pikachu) I've come to have these...

- Shiny Gengar: Received from Ruko in an auction trade.
- Shiny Flygon: Traded one of my own shinies to Midnight Shadows for it.
- Shiny Ponyta: A requested chaining, also thanks to Midnight.
- Shiny Mareep: Received from Midnight when I helped her and Jet trade their Pokemon.
- Shiny Swampert: My latest shiny, and the one I'm most skeptic about. I received it from someone who simply told me that they'd originally received it from a friend. There is no obvious indication that it's hacked, but there doesn't need to be either...

And I think that's all of them for now. I love them all ^^

So I seem to have passed my shiny luck on. I mentioned that I caught a shiny Marril a few weeks back. As it turns out I was hanging out with a friend last night and showed it to him. He'd never seen a shiny before and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I woke up this morning to find a message from him saying he'd just caught a shiny Marril.

I got lucky today while chaining some random pokemon for no apparent reason. I ran into a shiny... none other than a... Shroomish! I bet the neighbors could hear me squealing. ;D

I'm a shiny hunter, so I search for hours on end (pathetic isn't it?) for shiny pokemon. The first shiny I caught was Raquaza, (after I restarted the game about 300 times) and later Ralts in my Pearl Version. Since then I have caught quite a few shiny Pokemon including Geodude, Lapras, and Latias. Weather it was out of sheer stupidity or boredom, I spent a grand total of about 70 hours looking for shiny Pokemon, but now that I have quite a few, I am content enough to stop. All the shiny Pokemon listed above are available for trade in the 4th Gen. Wi-Fi forum.

The very first shiney i ever encounterd, other then the official given in G/S/C, was a Blue Treeko. No, i wasnt trying to get it. Just randomly restarted my 2nd copy of emerald, as i had at the time lost my old one, and after completing the dex, restarted. I pick Treeko, and BAM its blue. Now one of my top 5 shineys is Grovile(sp?) But i sadly evolved it to a Sceptile..BLAH!

Then after breeding for a Eeveelution, i get my #1 fav shiney, Eevee! It is now my level 100 leader. And my most recent was in Pearl. I was bored with my charicter and restarted. After so many 6 hours, i have a good level 30 team. With a level 36ish Luxray. I realize i had to go back to that flower city, floroma town?...And i encounter a level...like,8 gold Shinx. BAM it is now a Luxray.

What i want are a Froslass and Celebii shiney...And another Treeko so that i have a Grovile(sp?)

And i just remeberd. About 2 years ago, maybey a year and a half, my friend and i were at a park, and seeing as we had just left his house, he was playing FireRed, and i LeafGreen. Im battleing lance ,again. He was battleing Mewtwo, but never noticed it was shiney(hey, its just a green tale) He is about to KO it, and had just charged hyperbeam. Right then, he is like "AH F***!!!!!!!! I killed shiney Mewtwo!!!1NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I just found it amuseing, and i watched the KO.

I caught a male Shiny larvitar with an IV of 30 in defense about an hour ago.
He'll make an excellent tank. Also, he was my first chained Shiny, chained at 16 ^^

I literally went "OMG! A SHINY LARVITAR! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" when I saw it, as it was the first shiny I ever saw in pokemon Diamond.
*huggles shiny Zangoose and his False Swipe, mostly being used at a catching aid =3*

I recently got a Shiny Torterra off the GTS. When I first saw it pop from it's ball, I was like, 'OMG! It's a shi-nay! It's a shi-nay!...' I actually sung it too.

I also fixed it up with a better moveset, too, so one may see it around here somtime when I do battle...*dun, dun, DUN!*

It was also the last Pokemon I needed to get to complete my Sinnoh 'Dex. National Pokedex, here I come!

I was chaining for Shiny Vibrava and I got ambushed by a Shiny Cacturne.

I was all: O_O

I had repel on too, but my lead pokemon was a freshly caught level 53 Cacturne. Ah, the Irony XD

2/21/09 Update:I caught a Shiny Venomoth after a Chain of 5 XD

Just got my first ever shiny!

So I am breeding my team for Platinum to use (because I am lazy and want to sweep through the game as soon as I can trade in) and have been whoring out a Skarmory to make lots of babies trying to get Keen Eye, Adamant, and Drill Peck ready to go. So I finish hatching a batch, not really paying attention and go through and check abilities and natures a quick once over. I breeze past it and then pause, realizing the wing color just doesn't look right. Then I suddenly figured out I just hatched a shiny Skarmory! It is Rash, but I think I am going to use it anyway, it is only for in game and should be lulz fun!

Should've posted this a while ago, but thanks to a certain someone (This someone will know who they are), I finally have my Shiny Swellow. Yeah, yeah, I finally have my callsign emblem in my Game. Too bad it just doesn't have some egg moves I want, but meh. Getting a Shiny Swellow is awesome as it is.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess I shall update. I've obtained two new shinies, both from the same person... because they're just that awesome XD

- Shiny Pidgey (A fulfilled request from long ago. Destined to be evolved into a Pidgeot, and named after my a shiny Pidgey one of my RP characters has =))
- Shiny Phanpy (This one was more of a random freebie than the Pidgey, but still pretty cool. Me thinks I'll need to evolve it just to see the color differences, though XD)

I saw my friend catch a shiny poliwhirl, and he traded it to me. Its awesome!!! It was so unsuspected!!! I also battled a shiny azumarill, and that was pretty cool. I would like to fight my shiny poliwrath, against a shiny politoad. It's always been a battle i wanted to see.

My situation is almost the same as Phoenix's, but...

I was also figuring out my Plaitnum team, and hatching them all from eggs. The last to hatch was my Sableye, whose mother was being a pain, and I wan't getting any of the natures that I wanted. On about my 6th or 7th Sableye egg, I was just going back and forth on Cycling road like I always do, with a Slugma in my party to make it go faster. Finally, the darned thing hatched, and I swear my eyes popped out of my head. It was shiny! And the nature I wanted!

Somedays I just have all the luck. ;D

Lucky you. :)
I have a shiny Zigzagoon in my Emerald, and since I know how to clone in Emerald, I also have one in my pearl and a shiny Linoone is Emerald.
I really want to learn how to chain well so I can catch more shinies. :) Any tips would really be appreciated. =)

The first shiny I caught was a shiny Tentacool on my Ruby Version. I lost that game a long time ago, but my mom bought me another copy :-[

When my parents gave me Emerald on my birthday, I saw a shiny zigzagoon, but it was during the part of the game where you can't get pokeballs.

My next shiny was a Nidoran(Male) on my Firered. He's now a shiny Nidoking, and my favorite of all ;D

My friend is letting me watch over her shiny Rapidash, and he's on my Diamond Right now.

I was watching a friend play his emerald version, and he ran into a shiny lairon, but it used roar :( I even felt disappointed.

My first Shiny was on Crystal. No, not the damn Gyarados. He doesn't count. It was a dreaded Shiny Zubat. And yes... I evolved it into the abhorrent pink Crobat. Second Shiny was on Ruby. A Shiny Onix that my buddy helped me turn into a Golden-Colored Steelix. Goldix for the win!

As far as ones I've SEEN. I accidentily killed a shiny Bagon. Could've had me a green Salamence. :)

And ones I want would be a Shiny Beldum and Aron.

Thanks to Middy I have a shiny Gallade :)

I've also seen Xanthier's vast collection of shinies, most of the very pretty but some just odd. Thanks to him I think shiny Metagross is better than the normal blue.

Of course, and some people may know this, I want a shiny male Weavile. Then I'd get a really drab looking Pokemon to go with it, and name them Brighton and Hove (actually).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have finally got a shiny Pokemon without trading or Chaining (not that my attempts at chaining result in Shiny Pokemon anyway). As someone who has never seen a Shiny while playing the game, you can imagine my surprise when I was IV breeding for a Manectric to use in Platinum and hatched a Shiny Electrike ^____^

Sadly, the 50% of having a Timid nature like the female let me down, and gave me a terrible one: Relaxed. He does have awesome IVs though - 30 in Special Attack and 31 in Speed. With him also having Lightningrod instead of Static, I may use him for a Double Battle team, in which I think I can get round his Nature.

*Runs off dancing*

Hi I'm new and you don't know me yet but, I have 17 shinies, Lucario, Charizard, Tentacool, Ekans, Duskull, Pikachu, Ivysaur, Chimchar, Tyranitar, Metagross, Latias, Shuppet, Chimecho, Vigoroth, two Shroomishes and Staraptor.

I have a spare Shroomish if someone wants one and my first was Riolu which I evolved into Lucario.

I just recently caught a shiny Zubat in Diamond. I'm so happy, and I'm thinking about EV training it. Shiny EV trained Crobat, that'll be awesome, xD.

dude my friend says to to get a shiny legendary you have to save then go up to the legendary and if its not shiny restart you game and do that till it is shiny,but it takes a LONG time :(