• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sexuality (Specifically of the homo kind)

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'll say now that anyone who replies to this thread with a post like, "I don't mind gays as long as they stay away from me" will be warned immediately. The internet has no place for you people.

Now, on to the main thing. Homosexuality is being attracted to members of the same sex, essentially. It is an emotion. Love and lust, only aimed at the same sex rather than the opposite. Homosexuals are forced to endure prejudice and discrimination based purely on the grounds that they are different.

Obviously, people aren't just limited to being gay or straight. You also get bisexual, omnisexual (I just like that word ;p), pansexual, asexual, autosexual, etc. The real question here is:

Is sexual preference really an issue in this day and age? What're your thoughts and opinions on the matter?

It's definitely an issue now, but only because people choose to make it that way. I mean, homosexuals don't really have a choice, yeah? So if people accepted that and let them be, there wouldn't be an issue.

Incidentally, that's how I feel. I'm not homosexual myself, but people who are... more power to 'em. Love who you're gonna love, y'know?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
People being gay, or more accurately bisexual, purely because it's "cool" is annoying. And basically just ripping the piss out of it for people who actually are gay. But aside from that, sexuality is of no issue to me at all. So long as people are happy with what they are, let them be.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I think the main issues are it's standing in society, and what religions think of it.

In society, it is against the socially accepted norm. It's considered normal to be attracted to the opposite gender. There's the obvious arguments regarding how parts of homosexuality just aren't normal - gay sex for one. That is to say, anal sex specifically.

With religion, most religions frown on homosexuals. The bible has those two cities (one of which gave birth to the term 'Sodomy', iirc) which were destroyed by God for unnatural acts, including (but not limited to) prostitution, homosexuality and adultery. Again, I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think I got the gist of it.

I could be wrong on the spelling, but Sodom and Gomorrah? I think it also mentions something along the lines of "thou shalt not lie with a man as thou wouldst with a woman," but I can hardly be called an expert on quoting the bible.

Really, if you want to change the way things are, it takes at least a generation. Ours, as a whole, seems more accepting of homosexuality. That being said, I've got a few friends that are less than comfortable with the concept, but they at least tolerate it, which is a step forward from being institutionalized or stoned to death.

It's funny if you think about it. Homosexuality has existed for thousands of years and was considered the norm in some cultures, ancient Greece and Japan being the first that come to mind.

Before you start quoting the bible, remember this. Several books of the bible were destroyed when Catholics got a hold of it. Think about it: Jesus was born in the middle east. So why is he white?

Religious rant aside, I could care less about whether someone is homosexual or not. It is all about the person. I am friends with three homosexual guys and two homosexual girls. And yet I'm still straight.

Its not harming anyone and they just want to express their love for each other. Nothing wrong with that. I just hate the people that treat it like a disease or something.

Before you start quoting the bible, remember this. Several books of the bible were destroyed when Catholics got a hold of it. Think about it: Jesus was born in the middle east. So why is he white?

Who says Jesus is white? I don't remember anything in the Bible about Jesus's ethnicity. All those portraits are just artist renditions. I personally believe Jesus is Arabic or of Middle Eastern descent not that it matters.

I should note that depictions of Jesus tend to take on those of local traditions. This may be a better explanation

I don't believe in bigotry and hate speech against homosexuals or anyone else. I just couldn't picture myself doing it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
They portrayed him as white because those in the power to be portraying him were white. It really isn't that long ago at all that the whole idea of white supremacy actually dwindled away - and prior to then, the notion to any good middle or upper-class (and therefore white) Christian that Jesus could have been anything other than white would have been beyond blasphemy.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Aw Christ, I feel good."
"Now there was a fine upstanding black man."
"... Who?"
"Jesus Christ!"
"But Gary, Jesus was white!"
"No, Jesus was black!"
"Jesus was white!"
"I'm pretty damn sure Jesus was black..."
"Guys, guys... Jesus... was Jewish!"

And the thing is that he -was-, too. Most of the nonsense that became Christianity as a religion wasn't even his idea - it was his so-called disciples that created Christianity, and years upon years of church that absorbed concepts from commonplace beliefs and religions and adapted them into the mish-mash known as modern Christianity.

Jesus himself, poor soul, was really just another guy with a Messiah complex. And back at the time, prophets and messiahs were a growing industry. >>;

But really, this has very little to do with the topic at hand. Yes, originally the Bible (even the original one without the unofficial sequel) had a random law/moral code that condemned homosexual males (females were never mentioned, if I recall) in the same vein to males comitting bestiality - and I think the punishment for both was stoning - but as we all know, much like the hippy generations of the sixties, the good ol' assholes of olden times loved a good stoning to pass the time. Only, they took it more literally. But, the bible, alas, was written by people who were trying to instate a certain moral code - and quite a lot of the laws written in the Bible were created to separate the lol chosen nation of the period from other nations and their customs/religious practices/what the hell ever.

Much in the vein of a lot of other pure nonsense written in the Bible, the world has evolved from that point and simply have no further hold in the modern world. Really, it saddens me that it's still a social issue - why exactly is it anyone's business what other people are attracted to physically and emotionally? Let people live their effing lives in peace, is what I say. XD

Homosexuality is a threat to heteronormativity. The standard we've been raised with is that men are strong, dominating, on top, detached, emotionless, wears pants, into sports and cars and killing things, while women are weak, submissive, laying on their back, gentle, nurturing, emotional, wears skirts, into cooking and cleaning and raising families, and, most importantly, totally dependent on men. To allow men to be gay is to allow them to be women, which is something a lot of people can't wrap their heads around. It's always "The Man" that's keeping you down, not "the little baby sissy girl." "Big brother" watches over you, not "little sister." Guys don't play with "dolls," they play with "action figures." Boys don't play "House," they play "Cops and Robbers" or "Cowboys and Indians" or other games that focus on fighting and killing. Males traditionally get all the goods and girls are traditionally born to be slaves. Women are even considered incomplete men. "Woman" and "Female" are modifications of "Man" and "Male" ("woman," in particular, means, "with man").

You let people be gay and suddenly its societal pandemonium. Nobody knows who they are anymore. Men are women, girls are boys, up is down, black is white, hellfire and brimstone rain from the skies, rivers and seas boil, the dead rise from their grave, humans are sacrificed, dogs and cats start living together - mass hysteria. There's no more rules, no more families, children are all screwed up because they don't know what a mommy is, and humanity goes extinct because nobody grasps the basics of sexual reproduction anymore. It's a world of sin and immorality, nobody can sit properly anymore, and everyone dies slowly and painfully from venereal diseases. And all because we let little Jimmy wear a dress. *Shakes head sadly*

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
You let people be gay and suddenly its societal pandemonium. Nobody knows who they are anymore. Men are women, girls are boys, up is down, black is white, hellfire and brimstone rain from the skies, rivers and seas boil, the dead rise from their grave, humans are sacrificed, dogs and cats start living together - mass hysteria. There's no more rules, no more families, children are all screwed up because they don't know what a mommy is, and humanity goes extinct because nobody grasps the basics of sexual reproduction anymore. It's a world of sin and immorality, nobody can sit properly anymore, and everyone dies slowly and painfully from venereal diseases. And all because we let little Jimmy wear a dress. *Shakes head sadly*

I want to point out a few things here:
Not all gay men are camp. That's a stereotype. Figure of speech or not, Jimmy wearing a dress did not make him gay ;p

You're also misinterpretting what most people are saying. None of us said "Yeah, everyone be gay it's totally rad!" Not a single person said that. Truth be told, the world is overpopulated so a few more gays would be fine.

I actually want to stab you right now, after re-reading your post, just for your insane (and utterly implausible) view on stereotypes. I'll add some more points once I'm done re-booting my brain. Ow.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
One of my best friends is gay - and is as un-camp as anyone could possibly be. I know straight people that are more camp than he is.

I also fail to see how homosexuality - which has been around as long as humans have, and according to theory, even longer in other animals, is going to suddenly cause the extinction of the human race simply because people aren't getting persecuted for their feelings and emotions. In large, your entire post is completely disgusting and vile, Gardevoir Master. Not to mention completely bigoted.

.:: - Definitely, Sexual preference is a HUGE matter in today's society, I have seen many Homophobes in my school, I, myself am Bisexual and it thoroughly annoys me when I get called a 'cock sucker' just because I like men aswell as women, it's not on, I've been seeing sign's around our town saying 'SOme people are Gay! GET OVER IT!' and it makes me laugh when I see them, what I am trying to say is thaat it sickens me to know someone is having their life made an absolute hell by Homophobes. It just grinds my gears sometimes! - ::.

.:: - Zach - ::.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
One of my best friends is gay - and is as un-camp as anyone could possibly be. I know straight people that are more camp than he is.

I also fail to see how homosexuality - which has been around as long as humans have, and according to theory, even longer in other animals, is going to suddenly cause the extinction of the human race simply because people aren't getting persecuted for their feelings and emotions. In large, your entire post is completely disgusting and vile, Gardevoir Master. Not to mention completely bigoted.

Alex basically summed up what I wanted to say. My version had more vulgar language and variations on the phrase "you're wrong".

Let me guess, Gardevoir Master: you're a devout Christian? Or at the very least VERY religious? Because no one else could spew that without being either brain dead or sarcastic.

I've been seeing sign's around our town saying 'SOme people are Gay! GET OVER IT!

We have those signs too :D

~Errr~ I thought Gardevoir Master WAS being sarcastic with the whole dogs and cats living together and "shakes head sadly" bit.

But at any rate to add on what Dr. Oak was saying: My psychology book said it perfectly--whether or not homosexuality is accepted or not, homosexuality survives while heteorsexuality prevails--or something like that, not sure if 'survives' is the right word.

Anyway what it means is that homosexuality won't suddenly become the vast majority as some people are so afraid of. I don't believe the whole "if you hang around gay people, you become gay yourself" crap that some people are putting forth. If that were the case there wouldn't be any gay people because they would all turn straight from hanging around straight people. So all this hate speech and whatever other stupid thing that people are saying about homosexuality is wrong and utterly ridiculous.

And not all devout Christians are homophobic btw. I'm Christian too ;) I have a whole big explanation about this but I won't go into that here because it's off topic and don't ask me to go into it. Just know I'm not homophobic.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Gods of the Internet invented the Sarcasm colour for a reason.

edit: .... Not that you can actually see it on these forums...

Yeah, you guys. I was just playing Devil's Advocate, and maybe I went a little too far in the interests of making my posts longer. My position does not reflect my personal views or my religion, since I can't even remember the last time I visited a church for a religious service that wasn't a wedding or a funeral. I just saw that everyone here was all gay for homosexuality (pun used for sake of puns. Please don't kill me.) and that no one mentioned heteronormativity, so I thought I'd bring it up.

At any rate, all I was saying was that homosexuality isn't considered "status quo," and that scares and offends some people. There are cultures that accept homosexuality, some even to the point of honoring it above hetero relationships (and at least one that makes it compulsory until your arranged marrage), but sad to say ours is not yet completely one of them. I see no rational arguments against homosexuality, just "moral" standards people want to force on others. On one hand, I can see that maybe it can be treated as a fetish, which might be cured through proper psychological treatment, or perhaps even a defect, but as long as the "fetish" is another consenting adult and all concerned parties are of sound mind and body I'd be hard pressed to think of it as a disease. Love is really just an extension of the friendship bond between two people. In fact, it is indistinguishable from friendship in its most stable form. There's nothing to cure, nothing to breed out. It's just want everyone wants in a form not everyone agrees on.

Humankind tends to shun things that are off from the delicate balance in which they live. Church holds the power, and people are more than willing to let Church tell them what to do, how to dress, what to eat... how to think.

Personally, I think that love is love and we ought to leave it at that. Is it really wrong it be homosexual, or anything else? What's to say being heterosexual isn't wrong? It's because you have been programed into thinking that is how it is supposeted to be. That anything else is wrong, wierd, gross, unholy, etc.

The world streotypes, and is cruel to what is not common or popular - that answers all.

This is a very interesting subject for me, especially at the moment. In December I met a girl who I really got along with, and I mean, fantastically well. The next day however, she idly mentioned she was, in fact, gay. I was fine with it, as I know a couple of gay people and have no personal problems with them.

So, we started hanging out, and I found myself liking her a little more than a friend should. I was honest with her about it, said I thought I had feelings for her, and she was fine with it, just said she was very flattered, very gay and very sorry, nothing changed and we continued to hang out. Just cleared the air really, which I'm extremely glad of.

So we then continued to hang out, and we even made serious plans to get a flat together next year. Very quickly became very important to me. And I still had feelings for her, something she was aware of, we talked about it on the odd occasion and we were both seemingly comfortable with it and it wasn't causing any problems.

She stayed over recently, and while we were talking she asked if she could make things a little more awkward between us and said that she's been thinking about me and her as a couple recently, and apparentlly seriously considering it but there's this voice in the back of her head reminding her she's supposed to be gay.

Now, she said she'd make a go of it, but she's scared she'll get into a relationship with me, only to discover she really is gay and really can't go through with it. She doesn't want to ruin the great friendship we have and she doesn't want to hurt me.

I told her she's got all the time she needs to clear her head, that my feelings are very much still the same and that I'd be willing to try a relationship and that I'll accept her no matter what her answer, that she's too important to me for me to throw away our friendship.

She's currently trying to clear her head and figure out if she can actually go ahead with this or not and is basically, battlign with her sexuality whilst trying to figure out if she really does have feelings for me, or whether it's simply misplaced affection. Her sexuality is a major influence on her lifestyle so it would probably be a really big change for her and I can't imagine how hard it must be for her to try and figure that out right now.

Homophobes piss me off. One of my closest friends is homosexual and he's damn proud of it and it makes me twitch when I hear people dissing him. Naturally I try defend him when he isn't around, but suprisingly, my friend is very cool with it and knows that they're just peons and knaves and in the end they'll never succeed in life with that kind of attitude. Which is quite accurate.

Two of my female friends went bi which made it a lil' awkward at first but hey, life moves on. I think one really just jumped on the bi bandwagon. She's not dating anybody and then she suddenly shaved her head and gave herself a multi-colored mohawk and started calling herself bi and rainbows spurted out onto all her clothing. 0_o; One of my friends refuses to be called a lesbian even though she's dating another girl but she doesn't call herself bi either. Bad case of denial, she's got.

I myself am straight [size=6pt](and currently ass-over-teacup for a boy that surprisingly likes me back >w​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Is sexual preference really an issue in this day and age? What're your thoughts and opinions on the matter?

I might be repeating someone else by saying this, but it's generally what comes to mind when the question of whether it's "really an issue in this day and age" is poised. As general society views it, it is still an issue. I guess that goes without saying, though, or we wouldn't be asking this question in the first place. People still seem to have the same hang-ups that they always did, whether it be sexually, ethnically, culturally, etc. I wouldn't even be surprised if our world, built strongly on mass media, is far worse than our ancient ancestors were re: homosexuality, but admittedly have no historical evidence to prove such. It's true that there has been much improvement over the last 100 years or so, but you still get the same general negative vibe from most adults when the subject is brought up. I remember overhearing a conversation about a local high school teacher being exposed as a lesbian, and the general consensus of the parents were, and I quote, "someone like that shouldn't be teaching impressionable teenagers". "Someone like that". I'd like to try to believe that the youth of today could somehow stem this feeling, but when they're receiving negative opinions like that from their parents on a regular basis it's not hard to see why some of them are homophobic as well. I think society as a whole has a long, long way to go before it's accepted as being "normal", but I wonder if it's even possible the way humanity is nowadays...

Now, my thoughts on the matter. I'm an equal opportunist. I hate everyone equally.

Derr. For being a joke, that does hold some truth to how I view people in the world. I tend to look past things such as one's sexuality, culture, religion, and so forth and focus on the person themselves. I don't care what you believe in as long as you're not hurting anyone else with it. A silly way to put it would be that I hate extremist Christians; I love homosexuals. But yeah. I don't care if you're male or female; white or black; Chinese or Mexican; Buddhist or an Atheist; a cat lover or a dog lover (although animal raping is a NO-NO >=O); homosexual/bisexual or heterosexual; poly or mono. These things just don't concern me, regardless if it's decided by choice or by birth. When I judge a person, it's on the PERSON - what they do, their personal attitude, etc. - and not on the group, label, whateverz they're associated with. I roll my eyes when people make comments like "I'm not racist, but those _______ all..." I mean, c'mon now. One person does not define all people in a group. Even if MANY people act a similar way - it's herd instinct and basic psychology - not EVERYONE acts that way. Prejudice and stereo-typical remarks are very ignorant and narrow-minded (duh). I can joke about myself being a particular stereotype (I'm a geek and proud of it!), but I don't believe for a second that it defines the person I am or limits what I'm capable of becoming. Everyone has the ability to do cruel things. Everyone. And if that's true, why would I view anyone on a basis other than the fault that they're human, with human tendencies and behaviors?

I don't even know if any of that applies to this question, lol. But summed up, if I like you as a person, your sexual preference really isn't a factor. If I hate you as a person, your sexual preference still isn't a factor - I just hate you as a person and want to slap you kthx =)

"Aw Christ, I feel good."
"Now there was a fine upstanding black man."
"... Who?"
"Jesus Christ!"
"But Gary, Jesus was white!"
"No, Jesus was black!"
"Jesus was white!"
"I'm pretty damn sure Jesus was black..."
"Guys, guys... Jesus... was Jewish!"

Ok, even though Avenue Q is a spoof of anything and everything, this is right (the Jesus being Jewish part). Jesus was born Jewish and died Jewish. His father was a Jewish Rabbi (priest), and his mother I do not know her religion, but probably Jewish.

Nobody knows where Jesus was born, so the whole arguement of him being white or black has no proven answer, since nobody knows where he was born. Most artists who made paintings of him were white, so they probably made him white to signafy that they were decendants of him.

Lastly, Christianity was created after his death. He personally did not create it, his studies and beliefs did. A group of rebellious Rabbis used his studies, beliefs, and philosiphies to create the Chirstian religion, as well as the names Chris, Christian, and Christiana ;D ;D!

I dunno, but it seems weird. I don't like the fact that more people are dissing Christianity than talking about the subject at hand. (And to clear up a little misunderstanding, Jesus' father was a carpenter. And he was born in bethlehem. Jewish people are amazing at recording things, and i do believe there is a fricken long record in er... chronicles? I dunno, but i've been told he is in the line of Judah... methinks.)

Anyway, i have many homosexual friends/bisexual, and i'm not going to lie, sometimes i feel weird hainging out with one in particular because they know im straight and hit on me > >... but besides the point, they are just as red-blooded as us, and their preference of choice is just a bit different. Yea, i'm not saying that i like it. But i accept it. I don't bash gays, because they're just people the same as the rest of us. It has become as acceptable in our culture as... going to mcdonalds or something. There, sure, if you belive it's wrong, then thats your perogitive, but don't bash people just because of something you believe. If you do, more people won't listen to you anyway. Because even a fool is thought wise when he remains silent.

/I hope that doesn't sound bad... and hope i didn't offend anyone.

Update on the situation I posted earlier in this thread. She said no. She simply couldn't do it, and put it down to misplaced affection/ mistaking feelings of friendship for something more and is definately gay.

I honestly don't mind people being gay. Heck, a boy I dated has come out, a bit after we broke up and power to him. The thing I found strange was he said that he was attracted to my personality and kinda attracted to my appearance - he just wasn't attracted to me sexually. In my eyes that's a compliment to me XD''' But it was also a shame because while he is proud of who he is, he once said that he wished he wasn't gay because "it would make things easier".

Either way, I don't like the way some people react to homosexuals: largely, the "It's okay if it's two women but not with two guys". It's mostly guys who come out with this comment I noticed and I couldn't help but know that it's to do with what they can record and watch later >< that really angers me. My nan also reacts pretty badly, saying that she doesn't mind young straight couples holding hands and kissing each other in public but finds it offensive if gay couples "are openly doing things". I understand having some sense of privacy (if anyone is kissing with tongue I'd rather they go find a room) but otherwise I don't see an issue. I also don't understand people who can't be asked to look past someone's prefence in their love lives to who they are: when asked if they have gay or bi friends, they pull a face and go" Ewww!" >_<

I'm not gay or bisexual myself though. I just have a pretty equal number of straight, gay and bisexual friends. They're all awesome though ^__^

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
It has become as acceptable in our culture as... going to mcdonalds or something.

Bad example.

It's true that homosexuality is more accepted now than it was, say, 50 years ago, but to say it's a commonly accepted thing is a bit too far. By no stretch of the imagination is homosexuality accepted as much as you're saying it is. To use your example, you don't see people being bashed for going to McDonalds when you walk down the street, do you? ;p

Note, with that I'm talking about the average person, not the kind of people who practically live in McDonalds.

Like I said, yeah, it is more accepted now, but even so homosexuals get absolutely tons of abuse daily. I should know >.>

I wish there was a way to get these people to...well, grow up really about people being homosexual. Although, if you look at little kids they don't see a problem with it really...it's all to do with how they're influenced.

Unfortunately, if more laws are passed in favor of gay rights and such, there would be uproar from certain groups. It's not fair and it isn't right but it seems to be that way.

I'm sorry for the mcdonalds analogy seeing as in it offended people but i was definitely squirming for a good analogy to use... and couldn't find one. What i was trying to say was its becoming more acceptable (at least where i am, anyway.) Sorry, but where i come from we don't bash people for being gay. I don't know where you live that has a problem like that, but it's definitely a environmental thing. So, when i used that analogy, i wasn't trying to say that it is accepted everywhere, but that in my area, it is accepted. We even have gay day in orlando.

So, maybe next time i'll clog up the forum with specifics ^ ^ so that people understand where exactly im coming from.

But it was also a shame because while he is proud of who he is, he once said that he wished he wasn't gay because "it would make things easier".

Woah woah woah. THAT sounds a bit . . . No. I don't think being gay is something set in stone. I see it as an opinion. "I like blue better then purple. I like cats better then dogs. I like boys better then girls." You can always change. The boy in question sounds a bit. . .not gay when he says that. "I really want to like you but I can't because I'm supposed to be gay." Oh. Hmm. Nothing's stopping you. Except you telling yourself you're supposed to be gay.

Is it a problem in this day and age? Well, no, being gay isn't. People having a problem with it is. I was personally brought up to be the high lord of political correctness. >>; So gays are people just like me! Even looking at it like that is wrong. They're just people. . . Uff. Political correctness is tough. :/  

I mean, I think girls are pretty sometimes. All of my friends are guys. We talk about how hot chicks are all the time.  3 out of 4 guys I've dated have been gay. I guess I have a thing for gay men. ;) (El! Why won't you loooooove me!?! :'( ) It's sexual preference. If I'm allowed to like boys, so is everyone else. Even if they are boys too. Hey, the more gay guys out there, the more hot chicks for me :D

Haha. I question my sexuality sometimes. I think we all do. Raging homophobes are said to be homophobic because they see some of that in themselves, they're not afraid of gay people, they're afraid of their own feelings. It is straight up nothing more then a societical issue. Society tells us it is not normal. And we accept that. Bad. No. There is no such thing as normal. Ever. There is the more common preference, of course. But define normal for me. HA. You can't do it, Can you. There is no norm. Everyone is different. You're special, right? I know you think you are. Don't lie.

Liking the opposite sex is more conducive to making babies, but we have enough babies, kthnx. Over population is a problem. We nom all teh fewdz. Gays aren't going to kill the race by not making babies, they'll save it by not making babies. Cool. I just borked that theory. Lolcats much?

This is so disjointed. . . I'll have to come back to it when I'm more awake. :/ Oop! And I'm being kicked out of the lab. :D

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I haven't heard of any Gay Pride days in the UK as of yet. It seems to be more of an American thing.

!!!!!!!!

London Pride is in its 35th year. Brighton Pride has been running since 1992. Manchester Pride is in its 18th year.

Just which rock have you been living under?

A quick Google search for UK pride found me the following list:
2-10 February 2008
Winter Pride - Brighton

17-18 May 2008
Blackpool Gay Pride

9-25 May 2008
Queer Up North - Greater Manchester

24-25 May 2008
Birmingham Gay Pride

Saturday 7 June 2008
Scottish Borders LGBT Pride Barbeque

Saturday 7 June 2008
Plymouth Gay Pride

Saturday 7 June 2008
South Yorkshire Pride - Sheffield

Saturday 5 July 2008
Pride London - Parade and rally

Saturday 5 July 2008
Rainbow Fest - Aberdeen

11-13 July 2008
Bourne Free - Bournemouth

Saturday 12 July 2008
Oxford Gay Pride

Saturday 12 July 2008
N-Pride - Newcastle-upon-Tyne

19-20 July 2008
Lincolnshire Gay Pride

26 July - 3 August 2008
Brighton and Hove Gay Pride - Festival

26 July - 2 August 2008
Belfast Gay Pride

Saturday 26 July 2008
Thanet Pride

Saturday 26 July 2008
Nottingham Pride

Saturday 2 August 2008
Brighton and Hove Gay Pride - Parade and park party

Sunday 3 August 2008
Pride in our City - Leeds

Saturday 9 August 2008
Gloucestershire Rainbow Day

Saturday 9 August 2008
Hull Pride

Sunday 10 August 2008
Wakefield Pride

Saturday 16 August 2008
UK Black Pride - London

Sunday 17 August 2008
Doncaster Pride

15 - 25 August 2008
Manchester Gay Pride - Festival

21-24 August 2008 - Parade on 23 August
North West of Ireland LGBT Pride - Sligo

Saturday 23 August 2008
Manchester Gay Pride - Parade

Saturday 23 August 2008
Cornwall Gay Pride - Beach picnic Day

Saturday 30 August 2008
Reading Gay Pride

Saturday 30 August 2008
Pride Glasgow

11-14 September 2008
SuperGay weekender - Middlesbrough

23-26 October 2008
York Lesbian Arts Festival

Hmm... I did not think it would be this big of a deal, oh well.

The only thing I can say from this standpoint is a mere "Call-out" against religious people being "evil" to homosexuals and the etc. since being mean to others because of their differences is against the "be kind to others" guideline that most religion' share. Topped with the fact that love is something that cannot be ruled out by a mere BOOK or rule told by SOMEONE else.

P.S.