• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed RWBY: A New Story

"Of course... What the hell?!" Topaz was going to continue walking when he saw the King Taijitu regenerate both heads, even though it was supposed to be dead. This time, however, it grew two extra heads. "GO!" he shouted to Vanyali, shooting the creature as he ran.

Vanyali didn't question it. She quickly took Soul Shredder back out, and transformed it back to glaive form, and then to sniper form. She didn't bother adding the scope. She inserted a standard magazine, and ran from the Taijitu, turning around occasionally to fire a shot back at it. "I thought it was supposed to die! What the hell is this?"

"It is supposed to die!" Topaz said. "We can't lose track, though! Run to the Relics!" Topaz ran up to a tree and kicked off it, allowing him to grab onto a branch and swing from it. He swung towards the Relics, but kept one hand on his gun. Any time one of the heads approached his partner, he riddled it with bullets.

Vanyali flipped her sniper mid-air, to where she held it by the barrel. She leaped up the same tree her partner had been on, and used the stock of her sniper to propel herself upwards. She landed on a tree branch, and leaped after her partner. At one point, one of the King Taijitu heads almost got her, but a flurry of bullets from Topaz made it back off. "Thanks." She said, as she leaped midair, did a 180 degree spin, and fired her rifle, hitting one of the heads in an eye. Vanyali landed backwards on another branch, and leaped backwards, doing another 180, and landed facing towards her partner again. She resumed her sprint after Topaz.

"No problem." Topaz said. A head came towards him, and he sliced it right off. Of course, the head regenerated. "Wait - there it is! The Temple Ruins! Hold him off for me!" Topaz ran forwards, arriving at the temple ruins. There were a bunch of pedestals, and atop each of them was... a playing card? Must be the relics. Topaz thought. He snagged two of the cards next to each other - the Ace of Diamonds and Hearts. He turned back and ran over to Vanyani, returning to support his partner.

"Hey your that girl I met before I was thrown." Ryan said. "My name's Ryan nice to meet you. We should go find the relics." He said as he climbed a tree to see the area. He spotted the four headed King Taijitu. "I see a grimm over there! Follow me." He said. Dashing toward the snakes.

"Got it!" Vanyali replied. She returned her weapon to glaive form and charged the King Taijitu. As a head lunged at her, the girl leaped over it, landing on it's head. She then leaped form it, and stabbed her glaive into the head of another one. After getting steady footing, Vanyali ripped her glaive out and turned it to Nunchaku form. "Topaz! We can't just leave this thing here! It's too big a threat!" She called, as she began to launch several attacks at the King Taijitu.

Evelyn nodded in agreement with his first statement before following him. As she moved she kept to not stepping on growing plants.
She caught up with him and shot him her smile before over taking his speed.

"I know! Trying to think..." Topaz said, laying down some covering fire. In the midst of battle, he quickly swiped the card into Vanyali's pocket. He looked around while continuing his fire, trying to think of something... Then he spotted the ruins. "Got it! Vanyali, we have to lead it to the Ruins! From there, we can toss it down into the bottomless pit and be rid of it forever!" Topaz began running in the direction of the Ruins, still firing at the Grimm.

"Sound good to me." Ryan said over hearing Topaz's plan. He changed the Dust in his arm blades into one fire and one electric each and fired a Lightning Fire ball at the Lord Taijiju. He saw that Topaz had the ace of diamond. "Seem like we're going to be on the same team." He said landing next to him and showing the ace of Spade.

"Where'd you come from?" Topaz asked. He decided not to question it. "You got a partner already? Because if so, we'll probably need their help dealing with this thing."

Vanyali back-flipped off of the Lord Taijitu, and landed on her feet. She transformed her weapon back to a glaive, before following Topaz and the new arrival. "Great. So, what, we just try to push it off, or is there something specific you have in mind?" She inquired, as she changed Soul Shredder again, but to sniper form this time. She attached her scope and magazine, and fired three basic shots.

"I haven't quite thought out the details of the plan yet, but I'm working on it. By the way, you're welcome for the Relic I placed in your pocket." Topaz saw one of the heads coming towards him. He flipped, kicking it away.

"Right here," Evelyn waved. Her rope darts in her hands. She kept pace with everyone and looked behind at the grim, "that's a big one. So do we got a plan or do we just wing it"?

She then looked forward and moved to hear the group better, "two of us should distract the heads while the other two act as damage dealers.
Aim for eyes or in the mouth".

"Damage." Topaz said. "But my plan won't work if we can't get it to the Ruins." Topaz kept running. Soon, his shoes touched stone. "It's close! Keep going! We need to reach that tower! Anyone here a strongman?" Topaz pointed at a tall, stone tower.

"That won't work. We cut off both its heads, but four grew back. We need to drop it in the valley. It's not far from here." Vanyali replied, briefing Evelyn on what had happened with the Lord Taijitu so far. She then looked to Topaz. "I don't think we can hold it for much longer. Anyone got a semblance that can cause a decent amount of destruction? Maybe say... Enough to destroy that bridge?" She inquired nodding to the bridge that spanned across the valley.

"Bridge works better." Topaz said. "Fairly big. I might be able to shoot it apart, but that's not efficient enough. Anyone else?" Topaz gunned another head down, not killing it but pushing it back.

"I might be able too. Crush it with pillars or take out supports," Evelyn offered as she scanned about the ruins. She looked for an weak point in the structure of the bridge and nodded, "yeah I can try"?

"Good. Everyone - get to the other side of the bridge! I'll stall it! New girl! Get whatever you need to destroy the bridge on my mark!" Topaz turned around in the middle of the bridge, reloading his guns. He then fired out at the Lord Taijitu, battering it and bringing its movement to a slow crawl. It seemed that the monster's end had changed form, into a more pot-like shape.

Vanyali sprinted to the other side of the bridge. Once she made it, she slid to a stop and turned, aiming down her sniper scope. She fired several shots, mainly aiming for the Lord Taijitu's eyes. "Whatever you need to do, you might wanna do it quick!" She called, as she fired two more shots. "I dunno how long it'll take this thing to get across the bridge!"

Evelyn nodded and leapt off the side of the cliff beside the bridge. She threw her weapon and started swinging past the supports and checking to see which were the weakest. She then swung back up to the top of the bridge and nodded to herself, "ready when you all are"!

"MARK!" Topaz shouted, leaping back past the bridge. The Lord Taijitu charged forwards, but Topaz shot it a lot again, making it retract in pain. Topaz had to reload, and the Grimm used that time to charge forwards a bit.

As the Grimm tried to charge again, Vanyali fired a full magazine of sniper rounds at the Lord Taijitu, making it flinch back again. She jumped back, and began to reload. "Ready whenever you guys are!" She called, as she aimed her next shots, awaiting Topaz to resume firing.

Evelyn whistled and one by one her spires of rock shot into the weaker supports. She crushed them, making the bridge start to crumble. She whistled again and they pulled back to their original nonexistentense, "there we go"!

The bridge crumbled and deteriorated, collapsing. The Lord Taijitu let out a deathly scream as it fell down into the pit.
"Good work... team." Topaz said, smiling. "By the way, I'm Topaz. My partner here is Vanyali."

"My name is Evelyn," she gave a two handed salute as she jilted her weapons. She then stretched her arms above her head and rolled her shoulders, "that was fun. We should do it again sometime".

Her eyes then carried over to the relics. She spun on her heal, waving over her shoulder as she walked towards it.

Vanyali gave a nod as her name was called. Then, she walked over to the edge and aimed her sniper rifle down, looking through the scope. "I don't see any movement. It's definitely dead." She reported, as she changed Soul Shredder back into a glaive, and then to nunchaku form, putting them in their holster. "Should we be heading back to the academy now, then?"

"Sure, I think we're good here. Now let's see if I remember the route..."
That's when Topaz heard a chink behind him, like something sharp being embedded in hard stone.

The Lord Taijitu leaped into the air, the extended neck having been used as a grappling hook.
"IT'S STILL NOT DEAD?!" Topaz shouted, opening fire with his guns.

"Every damn time..." Vanyali muttered, as she back flipped away from the Lord Taijitu. She patted Evelyn on the shoulder, simultaneously borrowing the girl's Semblance. A vision displayed itself in Vanyali's head, showing her how Evelyn used her Semblance. "Hey, try to use those pillars of yours to impale this thing. I'll do the same." She called, as she let out a whistle, and a stone pillar jutted out of the side of the valley, impaling one of the Taijitu necks.

Angered at having one of its heads trapped, the Lord Taijitu tried to lash out at Vanyali. Topaz dashed in front of her and performed a massive sword swing, creating a huge gash in the body of the Lord. Inside he saw a crystal. So that's...! "Everyone! Hold it down! I have a plan!"

Evelyn nodded and whistled again. She smiled and shot two more into the two necks. She then looked to see if their were any rocks that could be pushed deeper in. Her eyes caught the use of her semblance but just shrugged, "cool trick".

Vanyali once again retrieved her weapon, and transformed it into Glaive mode. She leaped up, and slammed her blade through the first Lord Taijitu head she got a hold of. In combination with Evelyn, Vanyali whistled, and more stone pillars jutted out of the valley, pinning the other Lord Taijitu heads. "Do whatever you gotta do quick, Topaz!"

"ALRIGHT!" Topaz activated his semblance. Everything vanished except his limited terrain vision and the Lord Taijitu. The warrior began charging at the Grimm, aiming to kill. The heads wriggled loose, and all four charged at Topaz, biting down hard. However, it didn't seem to faze him whatsoever. Topaz ran up and stabbed his two swords straight into the middle of the Lord Taijitu, striking the crystal inside. Turning around the blades, he struck outwards, his blades coming out the sides and the crystal shattering. The Grimm let out a deathly wail, before transforming into smoke and vanishing. Topaz seemed to only now register the pain, and grunted in intense pain. He fell to the ground, on his knees, trying to grip his wounded areas.

(combo post)

Orchid jerked her head over to the angry screeching of the Deathstalker. The amount of struggling lit the beast up enough that she was able to make out more details than before. She grinned, grabbing her baton from the student and swiftly forming it into a sniper. She glanced in his direction, nodding towards the great beast, before she shot one fatal dart towards it. The resulting explosion of sparks sent it keeling over to its side with half its legs in the air, aided by its off balance weight thanks to the absence of one of its pincers

At the same time, Xanadu shot forwards and executed a perfect fit over the top of the scorpion, at the same time sending a hail of fire into his back. After landing on the other side, he put his hands together, and (without a snarky comment) launched a rocket into the other flank of the Grimm. The resulting explosion, combined with the momentum from Orchid's shot, sent the beast flying into the air

Ryan walked over to Topaz and offered to help him up. "Need a hand." He asked. He then turned his head towards the sky and frowned. "Damn I missed the action, all because I got distracted." He though to himself. *Flashback* Ryan was watching a flock of Nevermores fly by when he accidently walked off the edge of the bridge, he managed to save himself by stabbing a stone pillar with his arm blades then slowly pulled himself back up.

Last edited:
(Combo post)

The beast landed on it's legs and gave another shriek. Yuuji turned to face Xanadu and gave a grin. "I need you to throw me at it's tail, so I can slice it off," he said twisting his sword, forward, showing how he was in a ready position.

Xanadu gave a short nod, then picked the boy up and jumped, firing his guns at the same time to propel Yuuji forwards, then let go and dropped back onto the Desthstalker, his one remaining blade slicing into the top of it's back and hopefully slowing it down slightly to make it easier to finish it off

"Hit me with your best shot!" Yuuji sang, off-key as he soared through the air with his blade raised in a fighting stance. He landed at the base of the stinger's point, and with a quick flick of his wrist, sliced off the stinger, allowing it to fall to the ground. The Deathstalker, in a furious rage, tossed Yuuji into the air where he landed to the left, by the treeline. The Deathstalker turned to face Yuuji, where then the Faunus called out, " Niko, and that girl, he's distracted!"

"…thanks." Topaz said, taking Ryan's hand and pulling himself up. He was still injured, but he shook the pain off. "Well, we've got the relics. Now to get them back to Ozpin. Anyone got a safe route?"

"Pillars but kind of," Evelyn shrugged and looked over it. She raised a picture and whistled, a long pillar reaching out as more formed to make supports. She then rolled her shoulders and moved forward to punch the long pillar and send have of it back into the earth.

"I'm not going back the way we came." Topaz said. "We all have our Relics. I was just asking because my route for getting back's a bit dangerous." Topaz looked at the cliff that was in front of them, looking at the rocky surface. "Actually... Evelyn, right? Shouldn't you be able to make us some stairs up there?"