• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed RWBY: A New Story

"Don't worry, I packed my fire extinguisher." Niko laughed as he held out the bag of marshmallows to the rest of the group. He had actually only packed the treats as a way to get his team mates to enjoy his company a little more, after all everybody loves marshmallows. And it would do him good not to be stuck in a room with three individuals wanting to murder him in his sleep. Wouldn't be the first time.

Niko spotted something blue out of the corner of his eye. "Hey you dropped something mate." He said as he bent down beside the feathers, picking one up so he could examine it.

Orchid sighed as all her teammates rushed into the room ahead of her. She was already beyond worried of having to be responsible for this group of... well, she was at a loss of words to describe them. Although one thing was certain, a certain noisy faunus (since his blabbering allowed her to at least see a faint outline of both him and the tail) should not be given any of the marshmellows being offered. She shuffled her feet, entering the room, at a loss of what to do at this point. She didn't know where her bag was, one. Two, her self heated tea thermos was in her bag. Three, her mp3 player that helped her save her voice and navigate her room... was also in her bag.

She sighed again, removing her hat and swiping at her bangs. No use in hiding her eyes from her teammates, as it was inevitable they would ask about them, and useless trying to hide them and extend the avoidance of that conversation. But hey, maybe they would be respectful and not ask about it, that would be nice. Although, given the energy and attitudes she's gotten from this bunch of idiots she would supposedly grow close too like family, she seriously doubted they'd avoid talking to her about her blindness.

But first things first, rather than worry about her dislike of talking about her disability, she needed to find her bag. Which was somewhere in this room. Inside a room she could not see. There were already a lot of problems today and Orchid was just about to reach her tipping point. As fate would have it, at that exact moment, the girl's foot was stuck in the strap of a black and violet duffle bag, sending the leader down with a tumble and crash. Face first. If one could see her anger bubbling to the surface, she'd probably have turned read and started hissing like a teapot. "Oh for fuck's sake" she screamed, or tried to. Her voice was quiet and hoarse, even though you could tell her volume should have been higher. This statement was quickly followed by a breath of air that could only be described as her going "Ow" repeatedly to herself.

"Do you need some help?" Xandu asked, happy to have a distraction from the question he was just asked. "And I've got a cough tablet if you need it." The longer I'm taking to her, he figured, the higher the chance he'll forgot. Xandu stretched out a hand to help her up, whilst trying to figure out how that feather escaped from his suit. It then became blandly obviously as soon as he took a look at the hole in his arm, as you could actually see the wing if you looked in close enough

Evelyn was asleep. She still hasn't unpacked and didn't really want to. Her hair covering her eyes as she snored quietly. The girl rolled onto her side before curling into a tight ball. Her movement almost defensive.

"Well, I'm turning in early." Vanyali reported, as she set her books to the side of her bed. "We can organize our stuff in the morning." She proposed, while the Faunus girl closed her eyes. Out of habit, she made sure her trenchcoat was still in place. When she checked, it was. She pulled her blanket over her body, and began to drift into a light sleep.

Orchid gladly took her teammate's hand, pulling herself back on her feet. She nodded gently in reply, a cough drop would most certainly help a hella lot about now. But first- she needed a way to see. Now knowing the location of her bag, she grazed her fingers along the outside of it, until finding a rather out of place pocket that had been sewn on. With a grin, she easily unbuttoned the pocket, pulling out her mp3, and turned out the music not caring that she was currently blasting the speakers. With the room lit up, she moved her stuff to the last available bed, placing the small device on the nightstand. She placed her hat right next to her music, and with a small sigh, she sat cross legged on the bed's edge, glancing at her teammate's glowing outlines. Oh right, hot shot had marshmallows.

Topaz finished setting up his stuff - he didn't have much in the first place, and would rather do it now than later. The warrior finished up his organization, and climbed up onto the bed… before lying down on the windowsill that Ryan wasn't next to. He liked that sleeping position. Topaz then drifted off to sleep.

Xandu left the tablet next to Orchid's table, then headed back to his own. There's no way he's going to be able to concentrate on that question with this kind of noise. I should be fine for now. But more importantly, I need to get Skydancer fixed. "I'm going to go and take a look around Beacon." He told the room, maybe a little suspiciously, so that nobody would wonder where he was, then headed out. As soon as he was out of the building, he dashed towards a dark corner in the gardens, checked nobody was around, and typed a command into his suit, and allowed it to do its work. Multiple connection points slid apart, and the suit slid off him, revealing a black vest and shorts. More noticeably, his sky-blue wings were finally freed and extended outwards, beating the air and stretching to their full length. Xandu took a second to loosen them up, then got to work on his suit, a thread, dust vial and a small box full of different electronic components next to him.

Orchid sighed, taking the tablet and immediately felt relief come back to her throat. Although, talking with the thing in her mouth was not an option, for sake of being polite, plus the day had worn her out. She used the noise to look at her other teammates, tapping on her wrist as if a watch was there. We should be getting to bed she seemed to say. I am too tired to babysit these idiots tonight she though to herself. The tablet was finished with dissolving in her mouth, and she shut off the loud music and flopped on the bed. Without changing, because she was too damn tired to, she slipped to sleep and closed her scarred eyes.

Niko wasn't exactly pleased about being ignored. After all it had been a simple question, wasn't he allowed to be a little bit confused about this kid dropping a goddamn feather? So who was he to have the audacity to just keep talking to Orchid? For a moment the he saw red, flames beginning to broil in the depths of his stomach before his attention returned to the most important thing in the room. The marshmallows.

Plucking a few from the bag he quickly toasted them and tosses them into the air, deftly catching them with his waiting jaws. Nothing like a quick snack before bed and all that. And with that he leapt into bed and was honestly probably asleep before he hit the mattress.

"No s'mores," Yuuji mumbled as he stood up from off the floor, and jumped o the bed, in a sleeping position. before he pulled the covers up, he darted his tail out to snatch a marshmallow out of the bag, and tossed it his mouth. He chewed and swallowed, before falling quickl asleep, with his arms and legs dangling off the edges of the bed. He was an odd sleeper, to say the least.

Topaz woke up, early as usual. He was the first one awake - something he could verify from Ryan's snoring. He got up, and noticed that a paper had been placed on the bookshelf. Picking it up, Topaz saw it was the schedule. Looking at the clock, he noticed first period was in just under an hour.
"First day, Team TGRE. Wakey wakey." Topaz said in a patronizing tone, hopefully awakening anyone half-asleep.

Evelyn groaned into her pillow. She turned her head to look at her teammate before pulling the blanket over her head. She curled into a ball under the sheets and let out a whine of a noise.

Vanyali let out a yawn and sat up upon hearing her team leader telling them to wake up. "Right, right. I'm awake, I'm awake." She said, before yawning again. "Are our uniforms already supposed to be here, or are we supposed to get them after the first day of class? Because I don't remember getting the memo about them already being here." She asked as she got up from her bed and stretched. She pulled on the sides of her trench coat, to straighten it out a bit from her prior sleep. Vanyali had to admit, the bed was very comfortable.

Ryan's bed was empty, that was because Ryan slithered outside the dorm without Topaz noticing and was doing some stretches with his tail wrapped around his arm, he got up slightly after Topaz . He heard Topaz talk back inside the dorm. "Seems like everyone else are waking up as well." He said to himself. "well its time to start school." He thought as he tucked his tail around his waist again.

Last edited:
"Outfits are here as well." Topaz replied, noticing the four labeled bags next to the bookshelf the note had been on. "While Evelyn wakes up, I'm gonna go change. We've got Grimm Studies with Professor Port in 55 minutes. We're going to have a busy day today." Topaz took the outfit bag labeled "Topaz Stone" and headed into the bathroom, locking the door.

Evelyn sat up in her bundle of blankets and rubbed her eyes to get the sleep from them. She murmered angrily to herself before leaving her nest for the morning, "morning"?

Vanyali took the bag labeled "Vanyali Gray" and opened it. She sighed in relief when she saw her request had in fact been seen to. Her uniform was mostly the same, but the outfit looked like it would be a bit larger on her than it should have been, perhaps a size or two too big. Which is exactly what would hide her tail. It allowed more space to hide it, so she wouldn't draw unwanted attention to herself and still remain comfortable. She looked over at the waking Evelyn. "Morning. Our uniforms are over here. Topaz is in the changing room right now."

Evelyn nodded and stood up to go look at hers. She made sure that everything was in order before walking back over to her bed to wait for the changing room to be free.

Topaz came out in his new school outfit. "A bit too fancy for my liking, but it works." Topaz said. Walking back over to his bed, he took out a book. "Tell me when everyone's finished - we'll head to class."

"Got it." Vanyali replied, before picking up her bag and carrying it in to the changing room. After a quick change, that in reality should have taken much longer due to the difficulty in hiding her tail, the incognito Faunus stepped out of the changing room, now clad in the Beacon Uniform. Just like she'd requested, it was a bit big on her, but everything still fit, and it wasn't like anything was sagging, so she would be good. "Alright, I'm out. Whoever wants in, they can go ahead."

Evelyn slipped into the changing room. She pulled on her uniform before stepping back out into the room, her usual outfit folded nearly in her arms. She stretched her arms above her head after setting her outfit down and looked about, "when do classes start"?

"I think Topaz said in around fifty minutes?" Vanyali replied before looking back at the teammate in question. "It was something around there, right?" She asked, letting out another yawn shortly afterward. "I think that's enough time to stop by the mess hall and grab some breakfast, right? Because I didn't have dinner last night, and I need a quick bite to eat."

"We agreed we were too tired to eat, remember?" Topaz replied, still looking at his book. "I could go for some quick breakfast, though. Ryan, if we go now and get you some food, will you be able to come find us at the mess hall?"

Ryan walked into the dorm room when he was called, he turned towards Topaz. "Oh you don't have to worry about me. I already wen there to get my breakfast." He said as he showed the bagel egg, bacon and cheese sandwich he had in his hand. "I'll catch up with you all after I get changed into uniform." He said as he ate his bagel.

"In that case, meet us at Professor Port's room." Topaz said, putting down his book. He grabbed his scroll, and headed out. In the hallway, he noticed that he still heard snoring in the dorm across from TGRE. He decided to give them a wake-up call. Knocking on the door, hoping he got someone's attention, he half-shouted "Hey, lazybones! You've got 45 minutes until first period. Wake up!" He then began to walk down to the cafeteria, the girls following.

Down in the mess hall, 35 minutes before first period, Topaz was grabbing a waffle, a glass of milk, and a banana. A nice and healthy breakfast. He went and sat down at the part of the large line of tables that TGRE (minus Ryan) had chosen to meet up and eat at. He started to eat, thinking about how different this school was from Shade Academy.

Evelyn sat down with three apples and some juice. She immediately started eating the first apple while putting the other two into a stack. She looked at Topaz and nodded her head.

Upon retrieving her breakfast, which consisted of six bacon strips, four scrambled eggs, and two bagels, Vanyali sat down with the rest of her team. She immediately started eating the scrambled eggs. After she finished one, she stopped to ask a question. Or two. "Okay, two questions," she began. "One: Do we all have the same classes? And two: If we do have the same classes, who do we have after Prifessir Port?" Upon finishing her inquiries, Vanyali immediately got back to eating her eggs, practically shoveling the food in her mouth.

"Yes and Professor Oobleck for History, to answer your questions." Topaz replied, finishing his sandwich. "Wonder if Port will be able to teach us anything interesting?"

Ryan grabbed his uniforme and looked at it. He noticed the hole in his pants. "Oh they added the tail hole I requested." He said. Ryan then walked into the bathroom and changed into it. He walked out with his tail out. "Well time to go." He thought as he pulled his tail into his pants and wrapped it around his waist and walked out of the dorm and started walking towards the classroom.

10 minutes to class. Topaz walked over to the door, with all his stuff. He had finished up a while ago, but he hadn't memorized the layout of the building. But hey, he was still early. Topaz leaned against the wall, waiting for his team.

Evelyn walked up to topaz. She waved before sliding her arms back under her poncho. She leaned against the wall opposite him and nodded towards the door as if to ask if it was open.

"Not yet." Topaz replied, getting her unspoken question. He looked at the door, and noticed it was quite fancy. It even looked like the two handles of the door were the tusks of a Boarbatusk.

Evelyn nodded and slid an arm out from her poncho to eat one of the apples that she had gotten from the cafeteria. She bit into it before starting to eat quietly.

Once she was done gorging down - uh, eating, her food, Vanyali quickly made her way to class, where she saw Evelyn and Topaz already there. "I assume, since I don't see anyone else, we're a little early?" She guessed, looking around and seeing no one but the two people before her.

Evelyn nodded her head in agreement to the new comer's statement. She finished up her apple before wandering down the hallway abit to throw it in the closest trash can. She then once more tucked her arms under her poncho.