• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Quotes you like

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Post any quotes or sayings you may have heard here
I tried to keep the ones I like sorted out a bit XD

"Sometimes walls weren't made to keep people out, it's to see who'd break them down" -Unknown
"Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart, but trusting them not to." -Unknown
"To protect the love of my life, I would give no less than the life that I love" -Annonymous
"Love; everyone will realise its not about being perfect, its about being happy..." -a friend
"the heart has a reason that reason knows nothing of" B. Pascal

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius
"What the dead wish for is not revenge, but happiness for those left alive" - Himura Kenshin
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ~Eric Hoffer
"Remorse drives the weak to despair and the strong to sainthood." - Rousseau
"If you choose not to decide - you still have made a choice". -Unknown
"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." -Unknown
"The glass isn't half-full or half-empty, it's twice as large as it needs to be" -Unknown

"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her." ~Ellen DeGeneres

"'Medium,' 'Large' and 'King Size'? What the f--- is that? How the f--- can 'Medium' be the smallest? Do you even know what the word 'Medium' means? This is why you're all so fat, you bunch of road sign-shooting Yankee pillocks." -Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw

"Children in the dark cause accidents. Accidents in the dark cause children." -unknown

"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't." -internet saying

"Every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies...a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Those are great quotes. :D

I have 3 for now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt. (I may be wrong on the exact words, but she did say that.)

"Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get."-Forrest Gump.

"Don't let anyone tell you you can't do something, not even me."-Will Smith's character, Gardner, in the Pursuit of Happiness.

I have two on my signiture, one by me and one from 'suite life of Zach and Cody (implodes)', but here are a few that aren't:

"If practice makes perfect, and nobody is perfect, then why practice?"- A Warped Wiseman joke (got it from 'boys life' a while ago)

"Well it's true what they say, pregnant bellies look like a drum"- Chandler Bing/Matthew Perry in Friends

"What is the meaning of the world?" a boy asks an old man, "I don't know little boy, the sons of bitches would never tell me" he answers- 'I am one of you forever' by Fred Chappell

(I'll add more when memory finds them)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Everybody's got a story that could break your heart." ~ Amanda Marshall (Heh. Not so much a quote (it's a song lyric), and not even from a song or singer I like, but the line stands out to me.)

And now, a handful of choice quotes, mostly all from the same source (good ol' Einstein):

"The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

"God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Here's a random few I learned:

"Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes by chance." --William Shakespeare

"The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking spaces." --Unknown

"The best way to become boring is to say everything." --Voltaire

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." --Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to store the mind with a million facts and still be entirely uneducated." --Alec Bourne

"All men kill the thing they hate, too, unless, of course, it kills them first." --James Thurber

"If automobiles had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." --Robert Cringley (or something like that)

"Tears are the rinse water of an unhappy heart." --Raynor Schein

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand." --Unknown

"Those who danced where thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." --Angela Monet

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." --Dr. Who

"Cynics regarded everybody as equally corrupt...Idealists regarded everybody equally corrupt, except themselves." --Robert Anton Wilson

"Seeing a murder on television...will help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some." --Alfred Hitchcock

"History doesn't repeat itself. Historians merely repeat each other." --Unknown

"Running away to get away...you're wearing out your shoes." --Sly and the Family Stone

"Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone other than me." --Me (someone may have also said that, but I've never heard of them.)

Melee/Brawl quotes =D

"Melee is to Brawl as ice cream is to burning your face on a hot iron"--BarkAtTheMoon

"Brawl's where the money is at, Melee is where the heart is at"--Tope

"One is fun to smash into pieces; the other is Melee"--Vulcan55 on the difference between Brawl and Melee (and go figure, Brawl IS fun to break into pieces ;) )

"Dude...getting your teeth drilled without any form of sedation while getting punched in the nuts repeatedly while acid slowly drips onto your forehead is more fun than playing Brawl with friends..."--Cinder

"One of my other favorite things about Melee is that I can actually play it without...y'know...falling asleep...*cough*"--Cinder

"Letting Miss Brawl-disc get banged by Mr. Hammer (c wut I did thar?) was a great idea after all =D"--Cinder

Yes, I'm the one who said the last three ^___^...people seem to like them, so I put 'em here...

I have a couple assorted ones.

"Dreams that don't include your friends are nothing but garbage!" - Uzumaki Naruto from Naruto: The Legend of the Stone of Gelel.
"Girls...can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em either."- Lots of people.
"Kirby..suck it up!"- A few characters in Right Back at Ya! I dunno..its catchy, ok?

Here's a quote from me I'm considering putting into my signature.

"Homework is like Ambien. The more you do it, the more you need it, and the sleepier you get." -me, when describing my late nights doing homework. College work is lengthy, if not hard.

Here's one a buddy of mine used to describe a person who was keen on pointing out flaws in people:

"Looking at you, *insert name here*, I can tell there's gonna be a sequel to the 40-year Old Virgin"

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy." -Anonymous
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain
"Aw, c'mon. Just because I'm a complete stranger from a completely different time and place you've just met who's friends with someone you consider the bringer of the Apocalypse doesn't mean you can't trust me!" -Zack Fair in an RP somewhere.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Here are some random ones that are just amusing (to me anyway)

"Claire, eat your brain? That's discusting."-Sylar (Heroes)

"One who knows nothing can understand nothing."-Ansem the Seeker of Darkness (Kingdom Hearts 1)

"I... just want... my phone call."-Joker (The Dark Knight)

"You're dog is lubricating on me!"-Transformers (I foget exactly how this one went)

"Hola yo! Tu es mi bitches!"-Excel (Excel Saga)

And the one that had me rolling on floor sufficating cause I was laughing so hard is:

"We'll just lie and say you geeks ganged up and ****ed her!"-Haruhi (Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumia)

I may post more if I come accross any interesting ones.

"Who said one can't post twice?" --Me (Just thought of it :p)

"In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death." --Anne Frank

"He who angers you conquers you." --Elizabeth Kenny

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, not touched...but are felt inside." --Helen Keller

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." --John F. Kennedy

"United we stand, divided we fall." --Aesop

"Sure God created men before women...but then you always make a rough draft before The Final Masterpiece." --Unknown

"Some people are so open-minded that their brains fall out." --Rick Warren

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." --Manson Cooley

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." --Kyle Farnsworth

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends." --Albus Dumbledore ("Harry Potter and the Sorcerrer's Stone")

(The last four were actually out of a Reader's Digest)

"Because the Lemming family could not find a nearby cliff, the decided to jump off the nearest park bench."- The newscaster on Chicken Little. (The day after Chicken Little saw the aliens.)

"I did not forget my position! I just unconciously abdicated it." -me

I was very defensive after being accused of forgetting my position in a soccer game.

"Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get."-Forrest Gump.

Run, Forrest, run! :D Great movie!

"I'd want to make every member of PETA eat raw meat. Why? Because I could." -Corey Taylor

"You're just like school in summer. No class." -Slipknot (Bitchslap)

"Stupid is as stupid does."-Forrest Gump yet again. ;)

"Luke, I am your father."-Darth Vader.

"I wanna go to Friendly's."-Commercial.

The following are from Ferris Bueller.
"The question isn't "what are we going to do," the question is "what aren't we going to do?"

"A: You can never go too far. B: If I'm gonna get busted, it is *not* gonna be by a guy like *that*."

"The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It's a good non-specific symptom; I'm a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you that a good phony fever is a dead lock, but, uh... you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor's office. That's worse than school. You fake a stomach cramp, and when you're bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It's a little childish and stupid, but then, so is high school."

"Funny as a bunny in super-ultra-mega honey!" Old saying that my brother and I always said.
"Make justice visible." - Mahatma Gandhi
"You have chosen wisely." - Grail Knight (From Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.)
"Snakes? Why'd it have to be snakes?" - Indiana Jones
"Asps. Very dangerous. You go first." - Sallah
Tee hee, I love Indiana Jones...​

"Luke, I am your father."-Darth Vader.

Where'd that come form?

"If I ever modelled for Calvin Klein I'd give myself to a flock of fans to beat me silly with a baseball bat." -Joey Jordison

"The goat, for us, is an image that's stuck in our heads since we were kids, coming from Iowa people are like 'Beware the horned goat of satan!' and all that. It's bullshit. It's just an animal." -Corey Taylor

Titanic Quotes:

"You jump, I jump. Remember?"

Jack: Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.

Jack: I'm the king of the world!

A scene from Titanic (A series of quotes:
Molly Brown: [to the group who are dining at the same table] Hey, uh, who thought of the name Titanic? Was it you, Bruce?
Ismay: Yes, actually. I wanted to convey sheer size, and size means stability, luxury, and above all, strength.
Rose: Do you know of Dr. Freud, Mr. Ismay? His ideas about the male preoccupation with size might be of particular interest to you.
Ruth: [whispering] What's gotten into you?
Rose: Excuse me.
[She rises and leaves]
Ruth: I do apologize.
Molly Brown: She's a pistol, Cal! Hope you can handle her.
Cal Hockley: Well, I may have to start minding what she reads from now on, won't I, Mrs. Brown?
Ismay: Freud? Who is he? Is he a passenger?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"I feel like such an idiot."
"A lot of that going around."
"I just couldn't ... My whole life has been about being a cop. If I'm not a part of the force, it's like nothing I do means anything."
"It doesn't."
"Doesn't what?"
"Mean anything. In the greater scheme, in the big picture, nothing we do matters. There's no grand plan, no big win."
"You seem kind of chipper about that."
"Well ... I guess I kind of worked it out. If there's no great glorious end to all this, if ... nothing we do matters ... then all that matters is what we do. 'Cause that's all there is. What we do. Now. Today. I fought for so long for redemption, for a reward, finally, just to beat the other guy. But I never got it."
"Now you do?"
"Not all of it. All I want to do is help. I want to help because I don't think people should suffer as they do. Because if there's no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world." ~ Conversation between Kate and Angel, Angel season 2, "Epiphany"

S

Shocari

CLASSIS PAIGE-ISMS(from Charmed)​

"What? You can't say 'demons' and then say 'Oh my God!' I'm new at this, I'm likely to panic."-Hell Hath No Fury

"Chain-mail top...from my club days. Steel-toed boots...from my mosh pit days. Handcuffs...from Friday."-The Day the Magic Died

"A demon who likes to kill witches. Well, that narrows it down to about every page in the book!"-Black as Cole

"Alright! Show's over boys! Get those raging hormones back to class!(Lady Godiva[a naked lady]had appeard in front of teen boys)"-The Bare Witch Project
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Spooning leads to forking, forking leads to sporking, sporking leads to knifing, knifing leads to emos/death"-me

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's some of my favourites:

"Your hope ends here....and your meaningless existence with it!!" - Seymour, Final Fantasy X

"Ahem...there's SAND on my boots!!" - Kefka, Final Fantasy VI

"Now listen you punk, there's no way you'll beat me. So step off, 'cause you ain't even got one chance in a billion you loser biyatch." - Atsunobu Hayashimizu, Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu

"You're half the man that I am...and I have half the brain that you do!" - Sid Vicious, WCW

A scene from the DBZ Janemba movie:

"I'd rather die than fuse with you!"
"Vegeta, you're already dead."
"...."

And finally, one from FFX between Rikku and Auron:

"Ummm...I think I left something in Guadosalam."
"Nice knowing you."

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"I look around at this world you're so eager to be a part of and all I see is six billion lunatics looking for the fastest ride out. Who's not crazy? Look around. Everyone's drinking, smoking, shooting up, shooting each other, or just plain screwing their brains out 'cause they don't want 'em anymore. I'm crazy? Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts." ~ Glory, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "The Weight of the World"

"Dawn, the hardest thing in this world... is to live in it." ~ Buffy, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "The Gift"

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping ... Waiting ... and though unwanted ... unbidden ... it will stir ... open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us ...guides us. Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love ... the clarity of hatred ... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank ... Without passion, we'd truly be dead." ~ Angelus, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Passion"

"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible." --Albert Einstein

"Not only is the universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think." --Werner Heisenberg

"Love is the fire of life; it either consumes or purifies." --Unknown

"Often it is the most deserving people who cannot help loving those who destroy them." --Herman Hesse

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." --Albert Einstein :D

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossile to be silent." --Victor Hugo

"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the 'up' button." --Sam Levenson

"Now, bring me that horizon."--Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Carribean)

"Laughter is the best form of medicine. For when we laugh, we neither think, grieve, or feel." --Eugene Lam (Hrm. I should laugh more)

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." --Sheryl Crow

"We must accept the truth, even if it changes our point of view." --Unknown

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The earth has music for those who listen." --William Shakespeare

"Sanity is a small price to pay for happiness." --Marabeth Madsen :D

"Worry is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If you don't take action, it cut's a channel into which all other thoughts are drained." --Unknown

"The successful people are the ones that can think up stuff for the rest of the world to keep busy at." --Don Marquis

"He who has injured thee was stronger or weaker than thee. If weaker, spare him; if stronger, spare thyself." --Seneca

"If life was a sitcom, I'd be canceled in a week." --Jeremy Sheff

(I should stop now)

"The waiter just gave my table to Jessica Simpson. Oh well, I guess I'll sit next to drum boy, at least he knows how to hit."- Pink, in her "So What" song. Yay, Pink-chan!

EDIT: (New quote. My friend Caitlin-chan said this when she saw me playing Pokemon Trozei on the bus today) "Don't you find it rather morbid to have Pokemon heads flying at you?" ;D

"Give me a minute and I'll change your mind. Give me a bullet and I'll change your life." -Slipknot (Gematria)

"Counting all the assholes in the room, well I'm definately not alone" -Volbeat (Still Counting)

"I'm going to be mad at you the whole weekend. By Wednesday we'll probably be fine." -My friend about going to a Slipknot concert

"And if you don't follow the rules, I'll have to go ninja on your ass." -Security at same concert

"Confound it all, I love it though." --a line from Jack's Obsession. (I'd love to say more, but then I'd be majorly lyric spamming)

"But something's hidden through a door, though I do not have the key." --Same song.

"There is no worse robber than a bad book." --Unknown

"It is not true that life is one damn thing after another. It is the same damn thing over and over." --Edna St. Vincent Millay

"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up there's no law against whacking them around a little." --Porterfield (I agree with this, but I know I will get my ass whacked across a river if I do)

"Stronger than an army is a quotation whose time has come." --W.I.E. Gates

"How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?" --from the movie E.T. the Extraterrestrial

"If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in a library?" --Lily Tomlin

"Our sweetest songs are those that tell the saddest thoughts." --Percy Shelley (Who has ever said something more true?)

"Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with the shades of deeper meaning." --Bertha Flowers (No wonder I hardly talk to anyone 'cept family and friends)

"Tears are the silent language of grief." --Unknown (Glance at the comment before the last)

"Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education." --Bertrand Russell (LOL)

"Sit down, hold on, and shut up."
--Kopaka; Bionicle #11

"I have always wanted to say one thing to a model: 'Your teeth don't need to be Eskimo-butt white.'"
--Me, just now ;D

"Randomness is the birth of humor!"
--Me, again

I think that's it.

-AL

"FIRE! ICE! GRASS! WATER! FLYING! With your powers combined, I am CAPTAIN ROTOM!!!" ~Me after seeing all of Rotom's new formes.

"You complain about the situation in one breath, and PROFIT from it with the next!" ~Black Mage talking to Thief in 8-Bit Theater

"Princess! No need to worry. I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies." ~Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

"I love the princess! I love girls!" - Little Nemo.

This movie's really good. 8) I was watching it on YouTube but I stopped. It has some pretty hilarious quotes though.