• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon X & Y News Coming On The 19th!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It was confirmed this morning that the episode of Japanese TV show Pokémon Smash which is due to air on the 19th of May will be a Pokémon X and Pokémon Y special and will have Junichi Masuda as a guest, who is set to bring us some new details to do with the two games. However, it's worth keeping in mind that the last edition of Pokémon Smash which featured Junichi Masuda, and promised to bring us news, only revealed the new form for Mewtwo, so don't get your hopes up too high.
pokemon_smash_logo.png
It's also worth noting that Japanese magazine CoroCoro will be released in Japan on Wednesday and should leak any day now. It will likely bring us all of the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y news ahead of Pokémon Smash airing. Either way the next week should be quite interesting for Pokémon fans!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
New information that's not related to a new form or a new evolution/pre-evolution for an old Pokemon plzkthx, Masuda. I can't take another "big news!" flop like last time. ;p

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
New information that's not related to a new form or a new evolution/pre-evolution for an old Pokemon plzkthx, Masuda. I can't take another "big news!" flop like last time. ;p

In fairness we have CoroCoro on our side this time, because if the magazine is due to leak first than that means we're normally in for something noteworthy. At this point I'd be fine with knowing the regions name, a couple of Pokémon that live there (and are't related to old 'mon), and just what the heck Sylveon is in terms of type.

*crosses fingers and really, really hopes for the best*

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I really hope that we get something good this time around. Preferably a few new Pokemon, even if it is just like with Gen V and we get screencaps of Pokemon with no information about the Pokemon. I just want something new, that is not extremely disappointing. ;_;

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's seriously bomb dropping time. After all these "mehs", we need a massive, game changing (literally) announcement.

It'll be a Ditto evo, though. So, let's just not care.