• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon World: Shadows of the Past

"Well... I don't know. I mean, it's a museum, so there will be guards securing the valuable objects that lie inside, but I'm sure that there will be more guards due to our little theft of today." Kestrel said while they arrived Pinwheel Forest. He started to look around the pathway, trying to find some berries. "We should be very careful, if something goes wrong, this can be our end. I presume that they will be very aggressive after the incident." Kestrel finally found a bunch of berries, a little hidden, in a tree hole. "That's a weird place to find them, but hey, free berries are free berries." He said as he went out of the pathway and tried to climb the tree. He flapped his wings a little and started to fly a little. "Hey! I... I am flying! Well... A little." He reached the hole of the tree and took some berries. He ate some of them. He took some of them and looked at Ben. "You want some?" Kestrel didn't know, but there was a Venipede right behind him.

Ben declined. "I don't really need many things that keep things alive. Also, if we do fail, you will meet your end. I already did. And maybe the Venipede behind you might want some. Its cool that you can fly now too." Ben nodded. "I think we can pull this off."

Anubis finished Mike's costume and gave it to him. Mike tried it on. He asked" How do I look master? Do I look normal. And yes scavenger is what I say if I get it." Anubis said" Ok scavenger. By the way do you want me to make the Giratina costume tomorrow, so you can terrorize cities with just you and Mike. It will be heavily armored. The eyes should have cameras in them so you and Mike can see what's going on outside. That way Mike is not walking it blindly, and you are not blindly breathing dragon breathe. Also we would need a voice changer. You would need to have a much deeper louder voice. I could also put in a section to contain a few troops to watch the carnage. If I had the proper rescources I could make you two unstoppable practically invincible."

"I wouldn't call it fly. I practically used my wings just to elevate me from the ground." He turned and gave the Venipede some berries. "Oh, thanks." She said. "I couldn't avoid hearing your conversation. I think that you can enter without being noticed by the sewers. There's a small entrance in a near river, just go left and you'll eventually reach it. I've been there before and I can assure that it leads to the old gym." Kestrel looked confused. "Eh... What do you think? It sounds quite good for not using it."

Venen laughed. "I really like you, but don't do it, at least for now. Urgencies are first, and I really need the real Adamant Orb. Just finish the costumes, if you have to. Tomorrow we'll go on a stealth mission, and I recommend you to rest too. If you are tired tomorrow and don't have all your senses in the mission, this can get really bad for you."Then, Venen turned to Mike. "Yeah, you look... I guess normal is a great word for this situation."

Ben thought for a moment. "Yeah sure." Ben said. "Thank you. So Kestrel, I am ready when you are. Also, I don't think I can distract the guards again, just because I showed up and left during the time of a robbery."

Anubis Said" I'm too restless to sleep. Can Mike hypnotize me to sleep? Illusive asked" Can he do that for me too?" Mike said" If master is ok with it I will. He said" I'm starting to warm up to the idea of violence. Mainly your pheromones give me more satisfaction then keeping to my morals. I think I would murder a bunch of Pokemon for you if I had enough in my system. I'm not sure how much is enough."

Kestrel nodded and turned again. "Thanks for the information." Then he turned again to Ben, as he jumped from the branch he was and landed next to him. He didn't hesitate. "Well, let's go." In a couple of minutes, Kestrel reached the place that the Venipede told them. "Maybe I can help distracting the guards." He said to Ben until he found the sewer. The entrance was quite small, but enough big for them to enter. Kestrel went first. "Eh... This is quite dark. I can't see nothing here!" He whispered.

"Oh..." Venen released again her pheromones. "Don't get used to them. I mean... I wouldn't mind in other cases, but I need to recharge them completely before a mission." Then, she laid in her bed. "And hypnotize them. Everything is necessary for them to sleep. I don't want to fail completely tomorrow when we go there just because somebody has not slept well. And... Don't worry. When you know how good it is to be in the winner team, you'll understand why I enjoy violence so much."

Ben looked confused. "What?" Ben said. "Its pretty bright in here. Ghosts may have Night Vision, so yeah. I mean, that explains why they are in Dark Places all of the time, so they can stay hidden, but see people." Ben shrugged. "I think we are coming up to the exit."

"Well... While you go first..." Kestrel said. At that point, he couldn't see anything, so he was using his wings for guiding himself through that dark sewer. After some seconds, his wings touched something different. It was not the texture of the bricks that he had been touched before. It was... Metal? he soon found a door knob. "Eh..." Kestrel said. "Somebody has been here before, or maybe the guards knew about this entrance, but it is locked." He tried to look to Ben, but he was right behind him. "Since you are a ghost, maybe you can enter and unlock the door for me."

Mike hypnotized the two children. Anubis and Illusive quickly fell asleep. Mike said" Yes master I will understand. You are always right." He then began to massage Venen. He said" Anything else I can do for you master? I love serving you. It makes me happy. I love being your slave. I'm addicted to serving you. I think this is enough pheromones for me to murder anyone you wish. Anyone I can murder for you? I know violence makes you happy."

"Alright." Ben said. He concentrated very hard, until he can pass through stuff. "OK, I am going to go through this door, whilst invisible just in case of anything behind the door." Ben became invisible, and flew through the door. He looked around for any Pokemon.

"Well, you know who, but I really doubt that Mark will agree with me, so... For now, forget about it. But tomorrow it will be another day, and then, you'll be able to do it as long as you do it silently and with nobody noticing it. And you should sleep too." Said Venen as she slowly entered into her bed and started to sleep.

Kestrel stayed near the door, looking the entire obscurity. There could be all types of Pokemon around him at that moment and he couldn't even see them. He wished he had a flashlight or something similar.

Mike crawled in his bed and fell asleep. He slept silently. Illusive was having a nightmare. In it Kestrel had lead an army of Pokemon to the base. Anubis was slowly bleeding out, and his new home was destroyed. He then was put in a cage. He was then brought back to his old family. He started to cry while he slept.

Ben opened the door. "Nothing is in here." Ben said. He grabbed a Flashlight, and gave it to Kestrel. "Alright. I think we are good to go." Ben shivered. "I sense a nightmare. Why do Ghosts feel when nightmares happen?" Ben flew over to a Orb. "I think I found it." He said silently.

Venen noticed Illusive's crying. She was sleeping at that point, but she heard it, waking her up. She was looking almost angry, irritated and restless. "Ugh... What's happening? Don't you know that there are Pokemon here that are trying to sleep?" Venen said, yawning.

Kestrel turned on the flashlight and examined the room. "Eh... This is an entrance to the old gym." He examined the room, moving the flashlight all around. There were a lot of dusty books and all kind of strange stuff, probably related to some old exhibition of the museum. Then, he examined the orb. It was very different from the first that they took. "Eh... I don't think that this is the correct orb. Look, this one is heavier and completely white." He then illuminated a door. "I think that the museum should have a storage or something." He approached the door and turned off the flashlight, opening the door slowly. A Carracosta and a Goldbat were talking, making a route all around that room with more flashlights. "This is not going to be easy..." Kestrel whispered.

Illusive woke up. He noticed Venen awake and said" Sorry I was having a nightmare. I didn't mean to wake you up." Illusive fell back to sleep after a minute passed. This time he didn't have nightmares.

Ben thought for a moment. "Alright. I can do this." Ben said to himself, going the door. "I am a ghost. Can you please leave my resting place!" Ben said in a very spooky voice. "If you don't leave, there will be consequences!"

Venen did not hesitate. She yawned again and tried to sleep again. But it was a nonsense. She looked a clock that she had on a small nightstand. It was almost sunrise, the moment when they were supposed to wake up and start marching towards Nacrene City.

The guards were scared. It was not very usual, but that really scared them. He went out shouting and running. Kestrel turned on his flashlight again. "Well, I suppose we are going to have problems now, so we have no time to lose." He explored the room until he found a map of the museum. "Look! Most of the museum was accessible to humans; but look at the south area. It is much bigger than just a pair of rooms. There must be the storage."

"Alright let's go then!" Ben said. Ben flew over to where it said the room is. "I will go through when ready, Kestrel." Ben said.

Mark woke up. "Alright, everyone to the main hall." Mark spoke into the intercoms. He went into the main hall. "I am going to say the team to retrieve the Orb is gone, so everyone else stay here. Dismissed." Mark went into his room.

"I'm ready as long as you are!" Kestrel said.

Venen looked at the clock. "Oh, my Arceus!" She shouted. She had slept so bad that she didn't hear the alarm. "All of you! We are getting late! Come on! Come on! Come on!" She said, nervously.

"Alright." Ben flew through the door. He opened the door from the inside. "Now." Ben sighed. "Now it is a bit dark." Ben grabbed a flashlight, and turned it on. He looked through the room.

The three Pokemon woke up immediately. Mike was conveniently already in his costume. Illusive said" This is my fault for having a nightmare and waking you up mommy. I'm sorry." Anubis said" We can deal with this later we should probably move." Mike picked up Venen on his back. He then grabbed the two children in his tails. He then ran towards the museum as fast as he could. Mike said" Well I hope I can make up for time we lost."

"Come on! We need to go as fast as we can!" Venen said. "Alright, you know the plan. Let's just hope that we did not have too many troubles once we arrive.

Kestrel reached the storage too. He closed the door, but some seconds later, he opened it slightly. There were guards going around the other room, but none of them looked interested in entering there. "Eh... That was close, but we cannot relax. If you want, I'll stay here, and I'll turn on and off as fast as I can if someone gets near."

Mike arrived at the museum. He said" Ok kids have fun." Anubis and Illusive went to the museum entrance. Illusive paid for the two to get in. Mike said" I hope you have money because I don't." He walked up to the entrance and motioned for Venen to follow. He smiled at Anubis and Illusive. You two are sure eager to get in. Anubis said" Yes I am. I cannot wait to get in."

"Alright." Ben said. "I will obtain the orb." Ben flew around the room looking for the orb. He grabbed an old antique bag, that used to be in the Gift Shop. He put Three Orbs into it. He flew to Kestrel. "I have three." Ben said, showing him the orbs. "These are the only ones I can find, we can go now."

Venen approached. "How much for four tickets?" The Gabite that was standing in front of the museum, the one that was in charge of giving the tickets, denied with his head. "Sorry, madam, but we are having some problems right now. Nobody is allowed to enter until we make sure that there is not..." Then, the Gabite stopped talking. The Salazzle started to emit her pheromones. "Oh, Are you sure that? We can take care of this if you want. We are quite strong, and we all know that the guards around here aren't so good as you want to make us believe." The Gabite, under the effects of the pheromones of Venen, took a communicator and continued. "To all the Units, do you copy? Four Pokemons are entering the museum. They say that they are going to help us with what's going on around here."

Venen took some special passes and gave one to each one of her followers. "Well, easy then, don't forget our objective: the Adamant Orb. I'll stay in the north area. Anubis... You'll go the east area, Mike, the south one and Illusive the West One. And... Since we have this permission... Take "souvenirs" if you want too, as far as no one is looking or... You try to defeat the guards. We have the surprise attack if they think that we are here to help."

"Now the question is... Which one is the real one?" Kestrel asked, but he was too nervous to think clearly. "You... You know what? I don't mind the museum, I just want to stay safe. We better choose one once we are out of the city, safe and sound." He opened the door a little and explored the next room. Several guards were approaching to the storage. "Or... we better hide." He whispered.

Anubis ,Mike, and Illusive each went to their respective areas. They searched for any sign of the adamant orb. Illusive smelled Kestrel's scent in the building. He ran to Venen and whispered in her ear" I smell the Pokemon you don't like somewhere in here."

The Salazzle was exploring the north area. The result was being unsuccessful. Then, she heard Illusive's voice. "Are you sure?" Venen said confusedly to Illusive. "I mean... Coming here again wouldn't be the dumbest idea he could have?" Some guards went throw them, interrupting their conversation. Venen growled. "Well... If it's the Rufflet, then, I could say that it has been an unfortunate attack. Lead me!"

Kestrel was quite nervous. The other guards were clearly approaching. Without thinking too much, he opened a box, full of fossils, and closed it from the inside. He was getting uncomfortable. The box contained fossils of all the other regions, and, as everyone knew, rocks and birds didn't get on well.

Illusive began to follow his nose towards the scent of Kestrel. Illusive said" I know he is here somewhere I smell him." Illusive enter the storage room. He said" The scent is stronger here. He is close by. You can hide from my eyes, but you cannot hide from my nose." He began to sniff some of the boxes one at a time.

Ben was invisible, and was watching Illusive approaching the box. "I got to do something!" Ben thought, a bit panicked. Ben coughed, and created smog. "That may work." Ben coughed two more times, before most of the room was filled with smog.

Mark was watching T.V, when he checked his radar. "They are downstairs in the museum." Mark mumbled to himself. "I guess they found the bird human." Mark was looking at the red marks, at the Museum.

Venen started to wander around the room, completely blind by the fog. She didn't know if Illusive was near her or not, but at this moment, she didn't mind. She bumped against some boxes and a wall, and, when she was fed up of that, she shouted. "I'm going out of this room!" She started to touch everything, until she found what it looked like a wall, and followed it, guiding his way with her hands, until she found a door and opened it, going out of the storage.

Kestrel stayed in the box. He was fearing that the guards were going to capture them or not. That was until he heard Illusive's voice."Wait?" He whispered. He didn't know if he should go out and tell that it was him or if he should stay there. After all, he was starting to be quite hated by all of them, and he feared for his life. At the end, he decided to stay in the box, praying to Arceus to stay safe there.

Illusive said" What happened? All this smog makes it so I cannot smell him anymore. So he found someone to work with. He is going to use that Pokemon to hurt my family. I cannot let him do that. If I find him I'm going to kill him for betraying my trust. I might have let him live if it was just him. I know he cannot hurt my family on his own. He has someone to help him hurt us now. He and his ally need to die."

Ben was waiting for them to leave. "I have a feeling that kid is dramatized by something." Ben thought. "Thinking that fog means that there is a hit man after them." Ben went visible again, he blended in with the Purple Smog. Ben sat down, he felt tired after a day of flying and stuff. "I guess ghosts DO get tired." Ben thought.

Kestrel heard Illusive. He opened the box where he was and jumped out of the box without making noise. He was completely blinded by the fog, but he managed to get away silently without being noticed. He followed the boxes and the walls until he found a door out of the storage. But, instead of an exit, he found a closet, or at least a room that looked a place where they stored all the maintenance stuff. He decided to wait for Ben. Now that he was trapped, Kestrel hoped that Ben could help him go out.

Venen shouted. "Illusive! It's a nonsense staying in there!" Several guards appeared next to her. Some of them decided to enter, but, in a couple of seconds, they came out of the storage room again, confused by the smoke. Venen sighed and talked to one of the guards. "Don't you have one of those ventilation systems that human used to have?" The guard started to run.

Illusive ran out of the room. He asked" Is there any way to get the smog out of there? I cannot find him if that smog is in there." He growled at the door. He said" He has a friend to help him betray us now. If it is smog that means it is a poison type. Maybe you could convince Mike to hurt them. He would have an advantage."

Ben saw something blue run into the closet. Ben flew over, and flew through the door. "Do you think I should open the door, or should we wait?" Ben asked quietly. "I mean, they are right there." Ben was a bit nervous that they would get caught. "Also, is that kid dramatized by something? They are jumping onto so many conclusions, and must have some Trust Issues."

"I don't know..." Kestrel said. "Can't you just... Help me? Somehow?" Kestrel was too nervous to think. "I heard them, They are going to kill me if they catch me, and you'll be next. I simply can't... There must be someway to get out safely without facing them." He looked to the stuff that they had in that room: nothing they could use to defend themselves. "But... We have the orbs. The guards won't attack when they see what we have, but that Salazzle.... I really doubt that she won't attack us, even if we got the Orb that his boss told to get. "

"Oh, fine... Didn't he just want to kill something? If he is a Poison Type, he is going to have an easy first kill. Go and bring both of them here." Venen said. Then, she looked around, making sure that there were no guards around them, and then, she whispered: "And... If we got them and kill them, don't tell anything to Marcus, right?"

Illusive nodded and ran to fetch Mike and Anubis. Illusive poked Mike when he saw him. He said" We need your help dealing with a poison type." Mike ran to Venen. He said" You need my help?" Illusive then ran to fetch Anubis. He said" He has a friend."Anubis ran with Illusive back to Venen." Mike said" How do you know it is a poison type?" Illusive said" Just look in there." Mike opened the door and saw all the smog. Mike" Ok I see how you know."

Suddenly, the fog started to disappear. Venen laughed. "I know enough about human technology that my supposition was right. Humans used to have in the buildings an air ventilation system. Just turning it on, the fog can go out of the building. Now, this is our chance!" Venen laughed. "Mike, you go for the unidentified poison type. I want the bird for me."

Kestrel stayed in the room of maintenance with Ben. He slightly opened the door and saw how the fog was disappearing. He started to panic, but he noticed that the maintenance room had a ventilation grill. He opened it and entered them. "This is our only chance! Follow me!" The Rufflet said to Ben, as he waited for him there.

In the forest, a Fraxure was walking slowly. The Swords of Justice sent him to Nacrene City. It was something unsure, but certain information pointed that the next attack of the Ancient Echoes was going to take place there. But, as it wasn't something sure, he was destined there all alone. In a moment, he heard someone crying. He couldn't leave that there. He approached and saw the Beedrills preparing to attack the little Heracross. The buzz of their wings prevented him to be heard. He took some rocks and threw them at the Beedrills. Some of them hit them: some of them went out of the scene, but others turned and attacked the Fraxure. Without changing his expression, he performed a Dragon Dance and, immediately after that, he started to use Dragon Claw and Slash against them. When they ran away, he approached the Heracross. "Are you OK?" Krom said worriedly.

"Alright then." Ben went through the vents. "You know, I think you should go." Ben stopped. "I will distract you, if I am not in the Forest, I am late." Ben flew through the door, becoming invisible again. "Um, I am a Water Type." Ben said lamely. He grabbed a bucket of water and threw it at Mike. "I am not a Poison Type." Ben said, a bit more convincingly.